Evolution vs. Creation

Evolution vs. Creation

There are 164920 comments on the Best of New Orleans story from Jan 6, 2011, titled Evolution vs. Creation. In it, Best of New Orleans reports that:

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Best of New Orleans.

bohart

Newport, TN

#80949 Mar 15, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>what's the problem with fossiles?
Ask Darwin, he knew.
bohart

Newport, TN

#80950 Mar 15, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
You are quote mining at best, that means you are lying.
Come on, even an idiot like you should be able to do better than that.
Ahh! liar, the first line of defense of your religion.

“Leave That Thing Alone!”

Since: Nov 07

Location hidden

#80951 Mar 15, 2013
bohart wrote:
<quoted text>
"When men cease to believe in God, they do not then believe in nothing, they will believe in anything"
G.K Chesterton.
With or without religion, good people can behave well and bad people can do evil; but for good people to do evil that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg
bohart

Newport, TN

#80952 Mar 15, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
What a lying sack of shit.
Please no fairy tales. Links to articles are okay, but there are idiots here who will believe any lie that is told against evolution.
Here the liar defense is used again in concert with an insult, idiot, though fundie and creatard are the standard defense mechanisms.
HOG_ Hand of God

Kingston, Jamaica

#80953 Mar 15, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
... I don't expect creationists to look for the evidence for evolution.
Thats where you are mistaken.

Jesu(s) said "Dear friends, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits to determine if they are from God, because many false prophets have gone out into the world." [John 4:1]

So Christians should be willing to LOOK FOR SIGNS OF CREATION BY ANY MEANS EFFECTIVE; because if God is Almighty, He will not be limited to creating any single way.

Most of your conception of religion and God seem to be fueled by mere heresy and prejudice.
Subduction Zone wrote:
Why do you idiots expect us to look for your evidence?
We dont.

I just brought that up to show you that you are only seeing one side of the picture; and you are bound by education and ambition to keep limiting your view to the one side that is convenient to you.
Subduction Zone wrote:
Arguing for evolution is not arguing against god in the least.
I know that.

Evolution could also have been used by God to create the universe.
Subduction Zone wrote:
There are many Christians who believe the theory of evolution. They know that Genesis is myth and nothing more.
You seem to have the same attitude that Pope Urban had when Galileo showed that the Earth was not the center of the universe. He felt that his god was under attack by Galileo since the Bible clearly states that the Earth does not move and that it is circled by the heavenly bodies.
Thats because they were idiots.

If God is Almighty, He can do whatever, however, whenever. So there would be no need to debate about whether or not the earth was the center of anything, anywhere.

P.S. The person that KNOWS that Genesis is a myth cannot be accurately called a Christian.
Subduction Zone wrote:
Strange how most creatards accept the fact that the universe is not geocentric, yet they still doubt the science of evolution.
The fact that the earth is not geocentric has nothing to do with evolution of species if you ask me (so dont mention it).

Are you tired of typing now or did your lunatic switch just flip?
HOG_ Hand of God

Kingston, Jamaica

#80954 Mar 15, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
... When we can show that the universe would work just as well without god that argument becomes meaningless...
How will you show that the universe would work just as well without God?

Have you created the universe that works well without God yet?

Or have you isolated God and placed Him outside of the universe so that you can know that it works well without Him?

You f@ckin clown!!
bohart

Newport, TN

#80955 Mar 15, 2013
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
I see. So you're a liar for Jesus.
Perhaps you're a miner.
Don't stop there, use all your religious defenses.

1. Liar.
2. Fundie, Creatard or any standard insult
3. accusations of ignorance and stupidity.
4. explain your own intellectual superiority
HOG_ Hand of God

Kingston, Jamaica

#80956 Mar 15, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
Sadly he is just another creatard who cannot back up his beliefs when challenged.
List the beliefs that I have stated which I cannot back up.

Or maybe I should ask you to define "belief" and "back up" and "challenged"?

LOL
bohart

Newport, TN

#80957 Mar 15, 2013
TerryL wrote:
<quoted text>
With or without religion, good people can behave well and bad people can do evil; but for good people to do evil that takes religion.
Steven Weinberg
Quote miner! liar, liar, ignorant wacko!...Oh!

Sorry, I had a evolution religion defense moment.

There is an element of truth in that statement, no doubt.

Level 9

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

#80958 Mar 15, 2013
bohart wrote:
<quoted text>
Ahh! liar, the first line of defense of your religion.
Nope, you know the rules. Creatards always quote mine.

If they do not give a proper link it is clear that they are lying by quote mining.

Why didn't you find a proper link to prove I was wrong?

Level 9

Everett, WA

#80959 Mar 15, 2013
HOG_ Hand of God wrote:
<quoted text>
How will you show that the universe would work just as well without God?
Have you created the universe that works well without God yet?
Or have you isolated God and placed Him outside of the universe so that you can know that it works well without Him?
You f@ckin clown!!
Fool, you are assuming the existence of god. You cannot do that.

We can show that there is no need for god in the universe. All observed phenomena can be explained without referring to mythical beings.

What happened to the person that pretended to be rational?

Level 9

Everett, WA

#80960 Mar 15, 2013
HOG_ Hand of God wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL
You have not backed up one of your statements.

What is your evidence for the existence of god?

And please do not say something stupid.
Elohim

Branford, CT

#80961 Mar 15, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
You have not backed up one of your statements.
What is your evidence for the existence of god?
And please do not say something stupid.
Wishful thinking.
bohart

Newport, TN

#80962 Mar 15, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
And though HOG may be more intelligent than our average creatard here, he is still dishonest.
He obviously believes in creation by a god of some sort but he will not go into any details of his belief.
Trying to play coy is not being honest. We cannot have a civilized debate if one side is not fully honest from the start.
Also, science can refute a claim if it is well enough defined. He is playing the I won't be specific so you can't debunk my claims game. Another dishonest ploy.
So yes, science cannot "prove" anything. It cannot prove that the universe was made last Thursday complete with false memories and fake evidence. But to believe that is a fruitless belief.
What science can do is tho show how ideas "work". As an idea evolution "works" creationism doesn't. It is a very useful too that is guiding present day medicine, is used in oil exploration, is used even in modern day engineering. Creation as a science is not used in anything.
Creationism does not "work".
Analysis of the preceding defense of subbys religion.

1.He begins with the standard insult of creatard.
2. he then moves over to questioning his intelligence.
3. followed by a reference to his opponents dishonesty.
4.finally he ends up proclaiming the intellectual superiority of his religion being responsible for ,medicine,oil exploration, and engineering?

Obviously your religion explains everything, doesn't it?
bohart

Newport, TN

#80963 Mar 15, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope, you know the rules. Creatards always quote mine.
If they do not give a proper link it is clear that they are lying by quote mining.
Why didn't you find a proper link to prove I was wrong?
O-R-I-G-I-N O-F T-H-E S-P-E-C-I-E-S

By your prophet Charles Darwin

Level 9

Everett, WA

#80964 Mar 15, 2013
HOG_ Hand of God wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL
Come on creatard. You know what I said.

Here, I will give you another chance.

Clearly state a belief of yours and show some evidence that you are correct. And please. Real evidence only please. And by that I mean evidence that applies to your beliefs and not to other beliefs.

For example the fossil record is evidence for evolution and not creation because evolution can explain it in a manner that fits into their paradigm. To date creationists have not been able to do so.

Level 9

Everett, WA

#80965 Mar 15, 2013
bohart wrote:
<quoted text>
O-R-I-G-I-N O-F T-H-E S-P-E-C-I-E-S
By your prophet Charles Darwin
Fine, that is what you claim. This is the internet idiot if you were not quote mining you can find a proper source for your quote.

Level 9

Everett, WA

#80966 Mar 15, 2013
And bohart, I suppose I need to make it clear. A link needs to be supplied by you otherwise you are guilty until proven innocent. This is not a court of law and the same standards do not apply here as there.

“Leave That Thing Alone!”

Since: Nov 07

Location hidden

#80967 Mar 15, 2013
bohart wrote:
<quoted text>
Quote miner! liar, liar, ignorant wacko!...Oh!
Sorry, I had a evolution religion defense moment.
There is an element of truth in that statement, no doubt.
I did leave off part of the quote:

"Religion is an insult to human dignity. With or without it you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion."

Steven Weinberg

Although, the part I left out didn't change the meaning of the original.... unlike what creationists do
bohart

Newport, TN

#80968 Mar 15, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
And bohart, I suppose I need to make it clear. A link needs to be supplied by you otherwise you are guilty until proven innocent. This is not a court of law and the same standards do not apply here as there.
Hear ye, hear ye! Bohart is accused of heresey against the church!

The all knowing,knowing all Subduct presiding judge, all rise!

Prosecuting attorney, the Dude.

Subduct: you may procede Dude

Dude: you bohart are a lying,creatard fundie,with no education to dare question the beliefs of your intellectual superiors.

Subduct:I find you guilty! no mention of a diety is allowed , nor is any defamation of our prophets tolerated.

I sentence you to a re education camp where Darwins works are read daily and Dawkins videos and books will be your new holy scripture.!

bohart: noooooooooooooo!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Simple things that make you happy, smile, ... etc. (Feb '12) 10 min Mega Monster 5,158
keep a word drop a word (Sep '12) 12 min Camilla 8,485
motorcycle traveling stories 13 min Mega Monster 842
Poll Can Married Women Be Friends With Single Men? (Jan '12) 13 min Jcasto48 3,504
What Could Be Hot? 26 min Straight up Male 243
Poll What Is Your Favorite Crayola Crayon Color? (Oct '13) 28 min PeanutButtercup 69
News Texas waiter fired after racist remarks show up... 30 min Parden Pard 44
2015: "Make a Story/ 6 Words Only: 37 min Parden Pard 785
Word Association 2 (Sep '13) 39 min Jennifer Renee 11,495
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 1 hr I Am No One_ 163,316
More from around the web