Evolution vs. Creation

Evolution vs. Creation

There are 220726 comments on the Best of New Orleans story from Jan 6, 2011, titled Evolution vs. Creation. In it, Best of New Orleans reports that:

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Best of New Orleans.

Level 9

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

#80959 Mar 15, 2013
HOG_ Hand of God wrote:
<quoted text>
How will you show that the universe would work just as well without God?
Have you created the universe that works well without God yet?
Or have you isolated God and placed Him outside of the universe so that you can know that it works well without Him?
You [email protected] clown!!
Fool, you are assuming the existence of god. You cannot do that.

We can show that there is no need for god in the universe. All observed phenomena can be explained without referring to mythical beings.

What happened to the person that pretended to be rational?

Level 9

Everett, WA

#80960 Mar 15, 2013
HOG_ Hand of God wrote:
<quoted text>
List the beliefs that I have stated which I cannot back up.
Or maybe I should ask you to define "belief" and "back up" and "challenged"?
LOL
You have not backed up one of your statements.

What is your evidence for the existence of god?

And please do not say something stupid.
Elohim

Branford, CT

#80961 Mar 15, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
You have not backed up one of your statements.
What is your evidence for the existence of god?
And please do not say something stupid.
Wishful thinking.
bohart

White Pine, TN

#80962 Mar 15, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
And though HOG may be more intelligent than our average creatard here, he is still dishonest.
He obviously believes in creation by a god of some sort but he will not go into any details of his belief.
Trying to play coy is not being honest. We cannot have a civilized debate if one side is not fully honest from the start.
Also, science can refute a claim if it is well enough defined. He is playing the I won't be specific so you can't debunk my claims game. Another dishonest ploy.
So yes, science cannot "prove" anything. It cannot prove that the universe was made last Thursday complete with false memories and fake evidence. But to believe that is a fruitless belief.
What science can do is tho show how ideas "work". As an idea evolution "works" creationism doesn't. It is a very useful too that is guiding present day medicine, is used in oil exploration, is used even in modern day engineering. Creation as a science is not used in anything.
Creationism does not "work".
Analysis of the preceding defense of subbys religion.

1.He begins with the standard insult of creatard.
2. he then moves over to questioning his intelligence.
3. followed by a reference to his opponents dishonesty.
4.finally he ends up proclaiming the intellectual superiority of his religion being responsible for ,medicine,oil exploration, and engineering?

Obviously your religion explains everything, doesn't it?
bohart

White Pine, TN

#80963 Mar 15, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope, you know the rules. Creatards always quote mine.
If they do not give a proper link it is clear that they are lying by quote mining.
Why didn't you find a proper link to prove I was wrong?
O-R-I-G-I-N O-F T-H-E S-P-E-C-I-E-S

By your prophet Charles Darwin

Level 9

Everett, WA

#80964 Mar 15, 2013
HOG_ Hand of God wrote:
<quoted text>
List the beliefs that I have stated which I cannot back up.
Or maybe I should ask you to define "belief" and "back up" and "challenged"?
LOL
Come on creatard. You know what I said.

Here, I will give you another chance.

Clearly state a belief of yours and show some evidence that you are correct. And please. Real evidence only please. And by that I mean evidence that applies to your beliefs and not to other beliefs.

For example the fossil record is evidence for evolution and not creation because evolution can explain it in a manner that fits into their paradigm. To date creationists have not been able to do so.

Level 9

Everett, WA

#80965 Mar 15, 2013
bohart wrote:
<quoted text>
Fine, that is what you claim. This is the internet idiot if you were not quote mining you can find a proper source for your quote.

Level 9

Everett, WA

#80966 Mar 15, 2013
And bohart, I suppose I need to make it clear. A link needs to be supplied by you otherwise you are guilty until proven innocent. This is not a court of law and the same standards do not apply here as there.

“Leave That Thing Alone!”

Since: Nov 07

Location hidden

#80967 Mar 15, 2013
bohart wrote:
<quoted text>
Quote miner! liar, liar, ignorant wacko!...Oh!
Sorry, I had a evolution religion defense moment.
There is an element of truth in that statement, no doubt.
I did leave off part of the quote:

"Religion is an insult to human dignity. With or without it you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion."

Steven Weinberg

Although, the part I left out didn't change the meaning of the original.... unlike what creationists do
bohart

White Pine, TN

#80968 Mar 15, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
And bohart, I suppose I need to make it clear. A link needs to be supplied by you otherwise you are guilty until proven innocent. This is not a court of law and the same standards do not apply here as there.
Hear ye, hear ye! Bohart is accused of heresey against the church!

The all knowing,knowing all Subduct presiding judge, all rise!

Prosecuting attorney, the Dude.

Subduct: you may procede Dude

Dude: you bohart are a lying,creatard fundie,with no education to dare question the beliefs of your intellectual superiors.

Subduct:I find you guilty! no mention of a diety is allowed , nor is any defamation of our prophets tolerated.

I sentence you to a re education camp where Darwins works are read daily and Dawkins videos and books will be your new holy scripture.!

bohart: noooooooooooooo!

Level 9

Everett, WA

#80969 Mar 15, 2013
bohart wrote:
<quoted text>
Hear ye, hear ye! Bohart is accused of heresey against the church!
The all knowing,knowing all Subduct presiding judge, all rise!
Prosecuting attorney, the Dude.
Subduct: you may procede Dude
Dude: you bohart are a lying,creatard fundie,with no education to dare question the beliefs of your intellectual superiors.
Subduct:I find you guilty! no mention of a diety is allowed , nor is any defamation of our prophets tolerated.
I sentence you to a re education camp where Darwins works are read daily and Dawkins videos and books will be your new holy scripture.!
bohart: noooooooooooooo!
No, bohart.

You and yours have been caught lying so often that you are now guilty until proven innocent.

In a court of law a criminal's past record can be brought up when he testifies to show that he is not a man to be believed. Here we do the same. You have lied countless times in the past, you associate with known liars, and you posted using a liars technique. That is enough to convict you of lying again, unless you can come up with a link to that quote.

So let me ask you one more time:

If you did not quote mine why didn't you supply a link for your quote?

I think we all know the answer to that one.
bohart

White Pine, TN

#80970 Mar 15, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
No, bohart.
You and yours have been caught lying so often that you are now guilty until proven innocent.
In a court of law a criminal's past record can be brought up when he testifies to show that he is not a man to be believed. Here we do the same. You have lied countless times in the past, you associate with known liars, and you posted using a liars technique. That is enough to convict you of lying again, unless you can come up with a link to that quote.
So let me ask you one more time:
If you did not quote mine why didn't you supply a link for your quote?
I think we all know the answer to that one.
You think? now theres an oxymoron.

Level 9

Everett, WA

#80971 Mar 15, 2013
bohart wrote:
<quoted text>
You think? now theres an oxymoron.
If you weren't such a blithering moron this might have been funny.
bohart

White Pine, TN

#80972 Mar 15, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
If you weren't such a blithering moron this might have been funny.
Unless you can provide a scientific peer reviewed link from the blithering moron society you are just a liar for the evotarded gooists.

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#80973 Mar 15, 2013
bohart wrote:
<quoted text>
In fact, he beleived god created life...
The Dude

Macclesfield, UK

#80974 Mar 15, 2013
Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
Didn't I tell you that our DNA is coded with A C T G
DNA sequence: ACTG CTGA TTCG ACCG etc....
I was trying to give an example of permutation and how it can be created by writing a script or a program. Don't be stupid. If you can't understand the analogy, that's not my problem.
If you can't understand your analogies don't match biology that's not my problem.(shrug)
The Dude

Macclesfield, UK

#80975 Mar 15, 2013
HOG_ Hand of God wrote:
<quoted text>
I am not familiar with that god myth of which you speak.
I know that man came to speculate that The Almighty exists, AFTER EXPERIENCING REALITY.
It is the experience of natural processes that leads man to think that there is a God;
Therefore, the nature of the natural world is evidence in and of itself that The Almighty exists.
You need to be specific about those mythological gods you speak of...
Man came to speculate many things after experiencing reality. Hence all concepts are just as valid.

Even atheism.
bohart

White Pine, TN

#80976 Mar 15, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>In fact, he beleived god created life...
Unless you can provide a link I find you guilty under section II of the subduction zone internet code of conduct: lying.

Naw, forget it I believe you.
The Dude

Macclesfield, UK

#80977 Mar 15, 2013
HOG_ Hand of God wrote:
<quoted text>
Well I could say that the Dark Matter proposed by science is pure hokum too; because its existence can only be logically inferred.
Except that calculations using the hypothesis of dark matter successfully predict the positions of observable astronomical phenomena.
HOG_ Hand of God wrote:
But how is it that ones like you are ready to accept a thing that you can only logically infer; yet you cant see how the reality of The Almighty's existence can be inferred?
Is it that your capacity to infer just shuts the [email protected] down when its time to think of The Almighty?
No, yours does. If you can demonstrate how Goddidit with magic provides better math than calculations made with dark matter then you may have a convincing case.
The Dude

Macclesfield, UK

#80978 Mar 15, 2013
HOG_ Hand of God wrote:
Well, I also realized that YOU cant argue that the evidence refutes creationism in any way at all.
That's because creationism is non-falsifiable and hence not scientific.
HOG_ Hand of God wrote:
How do you prove that things were not "created" when they are standing smack dab in front of your eyes? You can even demonstrate how they were created in a lab.
We know things are created.
The only relevant question is; what is the true nature of the influences which did the creating.
You may argue that 'things' did the creation and not an individual(s).
But considering the fact that an individual is a type of thing; neither you nor the creationists would be wrong.
The debate must end in a stalemate, because cause is reason and intelligence becomes efficiency.
Hence there is no difference between that which works naturally and that which was intelligently designed.
Darn.

Oh well, that's your problem.(shrug)

Since we have ACTUAL OBSERVABLE EVIDENCE of the natural.
HOG_ Hand of God wrote:
Well, the fossil record is quite an interesting thing.
All the fossils in the world prove nothing, except that creatures lived long ago that had those physical features.
The similarities between the appearances of the remains of different organisms, does not have to be more than that; remains that have similarities in their appearances.
We know that every now and then, mutant genes produce some "differentiated" offspring. But that these mutations take the form of an on-going "evolution" is just your contribution.
Another slight problem (for you)- evolution makes successful predictions based on those physical features. Creationism does not.

That's why evolution can say if it's likely that we'll find a fossil with feathers and three middle-ear bones. That's why it can say if it's likely we'll find a pre-Cambrian rabbit or not. That's why it actually predicts the location of fossils and FINDS them.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
El's Kitchen (Feb '09) 5 min DMan 73,436
News Weird Yelp Reviews Of North Bay Spots 7 min Parden Pard 3
WHAT???? A NEW word game? FOUR WORDS (Sep '08) 9 min Parden Pard 46,249
Memorable Movie Scenes. 11 min Emerald 91
Word Association 2 (Sep '13) 53 min Jennifer Renee 23,389
Denny Crain's Place (May '10) 1 hr 8541 MARINE 21,490
Let's play "follow the word" (Jun '08) 2 hr -Papa-Smurf- 49,141
Stupid things to ponder ... (Feb '08) 4 hr Laura B S 6,901
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 5 hr Sharlene45 213,276
More from around the web