Evolution vs. Creation

Evolution vs. Creation

There are 173708 comments on the Best of New Orleans story from Jan 6, 2011, titled Evolution vs. Creation. In it, Best of New Orleans reports that:

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Best of New Orleans.

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#80684 Mar 13, 2013
xxxooxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh I know they exist...you ask for physical evidence of a non physical reality. Quite absurd.
No, you believe they exist, against all evidence tht says otherwise and for no rational reaason.

Level 2

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#80685 Mar 13, 2013
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, irony. Meters. You are a danger to them. Leave 'em alone.
You need a medical help or assistance.
See a doctor or physician for onward treatment.
Talking to oneself is wrong. You need corrections.

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#80686 Mar 13, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Verifiable evidence does not have to be physical, it just has to produce the same results for everyone that tests it.
"evidence","res ults", "tests"...these are scientific terms that apply to the physical world....not the metaphysical.

The "evidence" of the metaphysical world comes not by way of logical assessment, but by direct experience.

St. Croix valley

#80687 Mar 13, 2013
xxxooxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
"evidence","res ults", "tests"...these are scientific terms that apply to the physical world....not the metaphysical.
The "evidence" of the metaphysical world comes not by way of logical assessment, but by direct experience.
direct experience would be a physical experience...

“what we think we become”

Level 5

Since: Aug 11

above and beyond

#80688 Mar 13, 2013
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually the claim that it was unreliable is unreliable since it was science that found it to be unreliable and you don't accept most modern science as it is unreliable anyway. Ahh, feck it. Let's just say aliens did it.
So if scientists are always making corrections on scientific data for evolution, then how can you say the theory is based on facts? Don't worry, more questions will come from me and when you can provide real evidence for it, then it will be real science. But until you can keep trying...lol.

Location hidden

#80689 Mar 13, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>No, you believe they exist, against all evidence tht says otherwise and for no rational reaason.
Quite the contrary, you don't have know that fire is hot through logical rational.You KNOW it hot instantly, without doubt, without question.

“what we think we become”

Level 5

Since: Aug 11

above and beyond

#80690 Mar 13, 2013
*until then

Location hidden

#80691 Mar 13, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>direct experience would be a physical experience...
not on the spiritual plane.
That Guy

Hazard, KY

#80692 Mar 13, 2013
Benny wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL. Charles Darwin was a racist. There's no prove that all life arose from one common ancestor. I am not surprised that the evolutionist theories are collapsing. Atheist science defend Darwinism like a religion. What a big fraud! One Hoax after another. They are so quick to announce their fake evolution discoveries, but they are not so quick to expose their mistakes and disproven conjectures.
And you're telling me that there is proof of an invisible man that lives in the sky that judges all you do? Wizard of Oz type stuff there. I'd much rather make accusations concerning science then make accusations concerning fairies and wizards! You're so quick to denounce the findings of science when you have a religion that disproves itself.

St. Croix valley

#80693 Mar 13, 2013
xxxooxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
Quite the contrary, you don't have know that fire is hot through logical rational.You KNOW it hot instantly, without doubt, without question.
yes, you know that through physical evidence...seriously?

St. Croix valley

#80694 Mar 13, 2013
xxxooxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
not on the spiritual plane.
Oh you mean fantasy...

St. Croix valley

#80695 Mar 13, 2013
Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
So if scientists are always making corrections on scientific data for evolution, then how can you say the theory is based on facts? Don't worry, more questions will come from me and when you can provide real evidence for it, then it will be real science. But until you can keep trying...lol.
when the data does not provide reproduceable results then one needs to look for new data. the theory did not change, just some bad data.

Location hidden

#80696 Mar 13, 2013
Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
and that is exactly right...like I said before, science is ideologically lame, when it comes to truth.

Level 9

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

#80697 Mar 13, 2013
Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
The theory answers many of the questions of how life got here. It does not answer all of them.

We are always learning more all of the time. Science is set up so that knowledge can be added. We don't have to start all over from scratch with every new discovery.
That Guy

Hazard, KY

#80698 Mar 13, 2013
Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
Narrow minded observation there. Of course science is full of corrections. If we knew the end result to begin with...why would we need science? Lets look at the other side of the debate. The church taught that the world was indeed flat. "To assert that the sun does not revolve around the earth is as erroneous to assert that Jesus was not born a virgin" - Cardinal Bellarmine at Gallileo's trial. But a correction was made. Who knows what else needs correcting in religion. Perhaps the eradication of religion all together.

Location hidden

#80699 Mar 13, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>Oh you mean fantasy...
it's not for everybody...and certainly not for you.lol

Level 2

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#80700 Mar 13, 2013
xxxooxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
Exactly.

St. Croix valley

#80701 Mar 13, 2013
xxxooxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
it's not for anyone as it isn't real.

Location hidden

#80702 Mar 13, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>it's not for anyone as it isn't real.
and that is why it's not for you...when you close yourself to possibility, then you automatically close the door to reality.

not that you would understand the concept...just sayin'lol

St. Croix valley

#80703 Mar 13, 2013
xxxooxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
and that is why it's not for you...when you close yourself to possibility, then you automatically close the door to reality.
not that you would understand the concept...just sayin'lol
I am open to the idea, but without any proof at all, it is just fantasy. for you. for me. for everyone.

you can wish and think about it all you want, but that will not make it real.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Poll Sam hurts our feelings!!! 2 min A Noted Observer 3
keep a word drop a word (Sep '12) 3 min CJ Rocker 9,491
+=Keep 1 Drop 1=+ 3 STACK (Mar '13) 4 min CJ Rocker 8,902
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 7 min CJ Rocker 169,457
El's Kitchen (Feb '09) 12 min TALLYHO 8541 43,659
Poll I love you because.............. (Mar '09) 16 min Princess Hey 4,600
Denny Crain's Place (May '10) 35 min LOST IN MISSISSIPPI 18,664
2015: "Make a Story/ 6 Words Only: 57 min Mechanic 2,481
JUST SAY SOMETHING. Whatever comes to mind!! (Aug '09) 1 hr Krypteia 29,721
Poll What features would you like in a girl? (Feb '13) 8 hr ralph 179