Evolution vs. Creation

Full story: Best of New Orleans

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.

Comments (Page 3,802)

Showing posts 76,021 - 76,040 of111,973
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 12, 2013

Judged:

Langoliers wrote:
Behemoth/Brachiosaurus statue
Does the Bible Mention Dinosaurs?
Many people think that the bible doesn't talk about dinosaurs. They use this as an excuse for not believing in creation. The fact is, there are 3 animals in the bible that are unfamiliar to us. These animals are the tanniyn, behemoth and the leviathan. The bible gives a very detailed description of the behemoth and the leviathan.
then why did it take so long for the church to formally recognize hte fossiles we were finding as dinosaurs?

Level 9

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 12, 2013

Langoliers wrote:
Behemoth/Brachiosaurus statue
Does the Bible Mention Dinosaurs?
Many people think that the bible doesn't talk about dinosaurs. They use this as an excuse for not believing in creation. The fact is, there are 3 animals in the bible that are unfamiliar to us. These animals are the tanniyn, behemoth and the leviathan. The bible gives a very detailed description of the behemoth and the leviathan.
It clearly doesn't since nonavian dinosaurs have been extinct for 65 million years.

Wait, I take that back. Dinosaurs are mentioned very early in the Bible. According to the Bible they were created on the 5th day.

St. Croix valley

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 12, 2013

Judged:

xxxooxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
WTF? How do you go from talking about the suicide rate of countries per capital, to the suicides rate of catholic priests, as proof of the suicide rate of countries.?
scienctific deduction at it's best.lol
ummm...we were talking about the nonbelievers being happier and healthier. in fact, it was you that brought up the subject about people being taught your cult faith would not have as many suicides?

can you not even remember your own posts that started this thread?

wow! I mena just wow! and you have the nerve to call me as dumb as a rock! you really can't be that stupid, can you?

St. Croix valley

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 12, 2013

xxxooxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
of course teaching a false godless,souless, nihilistic "your life is nothing but the result of an interaction of chemical" view of science to kids is the way to go.
no wonder that murder and suicide rate is up so high among kids.
just in case you forgot....

movie time... outta here.

“Somewhere in time...”

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 12, 2013

Judged:

woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>We have evidence of many non physical things. love. pain. happiness.
sorry, you lose again.
have you thought about re-thinking your world view to something you can actually defend?
Your claim was that love pain and happiness were chemical processes. Which would be physical evidence, not non-physical.sorry your the one who loses.

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 12, 2013

Judged:

Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>It clearly doesn't since nonavian dinosaurs have been extinct for 65 million years.

Wait, I take that back. Dinosaurs are mentioned very early in the Bible. According to the Bible they were created on the 5th day.
Or you wrong. Hmmmm tough choice

You being wrong or Christ being wrong.
Guess which way I'm going.

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 12, 2013

Judged:

woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>then why did it take so long for the church to formally recognize hte fossiles we were finding as dinosaurs?
"dinosaurs" is a new science made up word. The name Dragons were used for many year before dinosaurs.

“Somewhere in time...”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 12, 2013

Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't get me wrong. I have tons of rocks in my backyard. I really love rocks. Have you been to Grand Canyon? It's breathtaking!
no, but I seen pictures.(lol)

“Somewhere in time...”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 12, 2013

Judged:

woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>like those 'real' facts you threw out that were all incorrect? sure,pal, sure...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countrie...

Level 9

Everett, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 12, 2013

Judged:

Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
Or you wrong. Hmmmm tough choice
You being wrong or Christ being wrong.
Guess which way I'm going.
Nope, I am correct. I was also correct about Jesus predicting that he would be buried the wrong amount of time.

How much do you want to bet?

Level 9

Everett, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 12, 2013

Judged:

Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
"dinosaurs" is a new science made up word. The name Dragons were used for many year before dinosaurs.
And you don't even know where the word dragon came from.

Here is a hint, it does not apply to dinosaurs.

“Steaming hunk”

Level 4

Since: Jun 11

butler, pa

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 12, 2013

Judged:

woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>there is no evidence of any soul or spirit. none whatsoever. that too, is a myth.
Then kindly define your own sentience.

“what we think we become”

Level 5

Since: Aug 11

above and beyond

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 12, 2013

Anyone care to explain the discrepancy in the fossil records?

I thought Neanderthals were special. But there's one particular human species that caught my attention - the rhodesian men, or the homo rhodesiensis. They lived longer than the neanderthals, spanning three pleistocene periods: lower, middle, and upper paleolithic, as early as 500,00 years and as recent as 13,000 years ago. No photos available except for one stinking black and white photo of a side view skull. The front view, only a replica of the skull. I find that very strange because there are other fossil records for much earlier fossils such as the jaw of homo habilis with a full set of teeth dating 1.75 million years ago and the earliest found skull from the miocene period!

Should I dig deeper? or should I look for more skeletons in the closet? LOL.

St. Croix valley

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 12, 2013

xxxooxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
Your claim was that love pain and happiness were chemical processes. Which would be physical evidence, not non-physical.sorry your the one who loses.
When did I say that? i said their effects can be measured. and yes, that would be physical evidence of love or pain.

St. Croix valley

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 12, 2013

Cybele wrote:
I thought Neanderthals were special. But there's one particular human species that caught my attention - the rhodesian men, or the homo rhodesiensis. They lived longer than the neanderthals, spanning three pleistocene periods: lower, middle, and upper paleolithic, as early as 500,00 years and as recent as 13,000 years ago. No photos available except for one stinking black and white photo of a side view skull. The front view, only a replica of the skull. I find that very strange because there are other fossil records for much earlier fossils such as the jaw of homo habilis with a full set of teeth dating 1.75 million years ago and the earliest found skull from the miocene period!
Why is this a problem for you? why do you consider this a discrepency?

Level 9

Everett, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 12, 2013

Cybele wrote:
What discrepancy?

Could you be a little clearer?

St. Croix valley

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 12, 2013

superwilly wrote:
<quoted text>
Then kindly define your own sentience.
the electrical impulses in my brain.

Level 5

above and beyond

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 12, 2013

Judged:

woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>Why is this a problem for you? why do you consider this a discrepency?
Because unlike you, I'm being rational. You have evidence?

Level 5

above and beyond

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 12, 2013

Judged:

Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
What discrepancy?
Could you be a little clearer?
Do you have evidence for the rhodesian species?

“Steaming hunk”

Level 4

Since: Jun 11

butler, pa

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 12, 2013

woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>the electrical impulses in my brain.
Yeah right, just electrochemical interactions! The answer still does not define sentience, ie your own ability to think and reason.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 76,021 - 76,040 of111,973
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

194 Users are viewing the Weird Forum right now

Search the Weird Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
El's Kitchen (Feb '09) 4 min tora tora tora 34,778
Why Weird Al is still the king of spoof 16 min Pop Tart- 7
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 19 min xxxooxxx 140,572
Word Association (Mar '10) 19 min Katie 15,611
Word Association 2 (Sep '13) 20 min Katie 5,555
Last Post Wins! (Aug '08) 24 min YTubeNews 137,025
what are you eatin'? (Mar '13) 33 min Just my opinion 2,356
How to become Unbannable 3 hr Chilli J 93
•••