Evolution vs. Creation

Evolution vs. Creation

There are 221745 comments on the Best of New Orleans story from Jan 6, 2011, titled Evolution vs. Creation. In it, Best of New Orleans reports that:

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Best of New Orleans.

The Dude

Macclesfield, UK

#80663 Mar 13, 2013
superwilly wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah right, just electrochemical interactions! The answer still does not define sentience, ie your own ability to think and reason.
Actually it does. Without those reactions you would not be thinking or reasoning.

Wait a sec - have we just discovered a scientific hypothesis that explains creationists?
The Dude

Macclesfield, UK

#80664 Mar 13, 2013
xxxooxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
wrong, there is no physical evidence...because the soul in not physical in nature, the same as god.
you ask for physical evidence of the non physical, and claims that the non physical does not exist, because there is physical evidence.
God and spirit and soul do indeed exist.
So you're saying you have no evidence but they definitely exist?
bohart

White Pine, TN

#80665 Mar 13, 2013
Sciencelive.com ,....click on space section

Mars annoucement raises questions

Science has reached a point where they are beginning to admit they don't even know what life is.

Yet many puddle gooists have no doubt how it started and no doubt how it didn't start.
The Dude

Macclesfield, UK

#80666 Mar 13, 2013
bohart wrote:
Sciencelive.com,....click on space section
Mars annoucement raises questions
Science has reached a point where they are beginning to admit they don't even know what life is.
Old news. The definition of life has always been a tricky one to define. Kinda like "planet". But fundies claim to know. But like everything else they claim (which is a lot) they can't actually show any knowledge of the subjects they speak of.
bohart wrote:
Yet many puddle gooists have no doubt how it started and no doubt how it didn't start.
Another straw-man KO! Tell us Bo, is it honest to constantly beat up caricatures of your opponent's position or dishonest?
The Dude

Macclesfield, UK

#80667 Mar 13, 2013
And forgot to mention, you couldn't even link to it correctly.
bohart

White Pine, TN

#80668 Mar 13, 2013
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
Old news. The definition of life has always been a tricky one to define. Kinda like "planet". But fundies claim to know. But like everything else they claim (which is a lot) they can't actually show any knowledge of the subjects they speak of.
<quoted text>
Another straw-man KO! Tell us Bo, is it honest to constantly beat up caricatures of your opponent's position or dishonest?
Hey! wait a minute you lying co*ksucker, you've been saying for months that ..life is simply chemistry, now its tricky to define, get your lies in order.

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#80669 Mar 13, 2013
Wow wrote:
<quoted text>
It's "she" and might I add that being offensive doesn't make you appear intelligent, just arrogant and full of hate for your fellow man based on their beliefs (which they are entitled to):)
Also, I'm an ER physician. If it pleases you we can switch the subject to that of hemodynamics, cardiogenic shock, STEMI's vs nonSTEMI's etc or would you like to copy and paste a Wikipedia link on all that info as well? Seems to me you are quite fond of the copy and paste phenomenon trying to appear more intelligent than you actually are.
Really? what have i copied and pasted lately?

wow ! way to start out with a balls out lie! i hope you are never working on me in an ER.(not that I believe you) no good Dr. would be so stupid to bust out a lie like that that could be so easily checked out...

perhaps you like to play doctor. is that what you meant?

St. Croix valley

#80670 Mar 13, 2013
So they have a new pope! i hear he is taking the name Woodtickus LVII.
anonymous

Barberton, OH

#80671 Mar 13, 2013
Nuggin wrote:
<quoted text>
You are wildly paranoid.
If you stop to think about the number of forums, and the number of threads within those forums and the rate to which new posts are added to threads, in order for Topix to censor forums they would need to employ MILLIONS of people worldwide just to keep up.
OR, they could have an automated censor that deletes repeat posts and checks on posts that have been flagged as offensive. Then they would need to employ ~50 people.
Since NONE of us pay to be here, which model do you think they use?
If they just responded to complaints, every post would be deleted by the other faction. The political loyalists would make a practice of censoring the other side.

When posts get deleted which have no links, no swear words and no personal attacks, I say otherwise. No paranoia. Just manipulation of the masses or very bad programming. Either way, I can't think of a better way to get their attention. After all, content is what drives this site.

I already suspect that they have artificial accounts whose only purpose is to generate hit count. If people want to talk to puppets, that's their choice. If other people want to silence the puppets and return the dialog to realistic conversation, well, it may take weasel methods to extract the weasels, so don't worry about it.

St. Croix valley

#80672 Mar 13, 2013
anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
If they just responded to complaints, every post would be deleted by the other faction. The political loyalists would make a practice of censoring the other side.
When posts get deleted which have no links, no swear words and no personal attacks, I say otherwise. No paranoia. Just manipulation of the masses or very bad programming. Either way, I can't think of a better way to get their attention. After all, content is what drives this site.
I already suspect that they have artificial accounts whose only purpose is to generate hit count. If people want to talk to puppets, that's their choice. If other people want to silence the puppets and return the dialog to realistic conversation, well, it may take weasel methods to extract the weasels, so don't worry about it.
Was this realistic conversation?

Level 9

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

#80673 Mar 13, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
So they have a new pope! i hear he is taking the name Woodtickus LVII.
Nope, just plain old Frank.

Pope Frank. Or for some strange reason "Paco" if you are Mexican.

St. Croix valley

#80674 Mar 13, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
we have a pope paco? should i get him a taco?
*THOR*

United States

#80675 Mar 13, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>Nope, just plain old Frank.

And you have Dawkins. Just plain old Dawkins. And the only smoke you'll see around him is from a torpedo.

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Level 7

The Borderland of Sol

#80676 Mar 13, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
Jesuit.

Therefore very likely an atheist.

Hmm.

St. Croix valley

#80677 Mar 13, 2013
[QUOTE who="*THOR*"]<quo ted text>
And you have Dawkins. Just plain old Dawkins. And the only smoke you'll see around him is from a torpedo.[/QUOTE]and the pope is special how?

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#80678 Mar 13, 2013
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
So you're saying you have no evidence but they definitely exist?
Oh I know they exist...you ask for physical evidence of a non physical reality. Quite absurd.
*THOR*

United States

#80679 Mar 13, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
And you have Dawkins. Just plain old Dawkins. And the only smoke you'll see around him is from a torpedo. "

and the pope is special how?
There is only one. For one.

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#80680 Mar 13, 2013
Wow wrote:
<quoted text>
Really? I'm a physician. I'm sure I remember taking a science class or two. Lol. Just because I believe differently from you doesn't make me a fool. Why such hostility towards those who have faith and choose to believe as they see fit?
We know you're lying. Want to know how we know you're lying? A physician never stops going to school, they have to, they have to keep going to school their entire career or they lose their license.

So yes, you're lying.

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#80681 Mar 13, 2013
xxxooxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh I know they exist...you ask for physical evidence of a non physical reality. Quite absurd.
Verifiable evidence does not have to be physical, it just has to produce the same results for everyone that tests it.

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Level 7

The Borderland of Sol

#80682 Mar 13, 2013
There is only one. For one.[/QUOTE]This was not always the case.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Names, A to Z, ... (Aug '12) 3 min BITTERSWEET GOODBYES 3,714
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 3 min Judy 123 220,589
Let's Play Songs Titled with Two Words ... (Nov '14) 12 min Judy 123 2,336
2words into 2new words (May '12) 16 min Judy 123 8,369
Play "end of the name"... (Jun '15) 17 min Judy 123 2,730
You Might Be FINNTARDED If.... 18 min The Finny 5
Denny Crain's Place (May '10) 19 min Lost in Mississippi 23,848
El's Kitchen (Feb '09) 28 min Sad Fact 76,589
A to Z songs by title or group! (Dec '16) 30 min Judy 123 2,086
JUST SAY SOMETHING. Whatever comes to mind!! (Aug '09) 3 hr Lone Wolf 34,234