Evolution vs. Creation

Evolution vs. Creation

There are 216714 comments on the Best of New Orleans story from Jan 6, 2011, titled Evolution vs. Creation. In it, Best of New Orleans reports that:

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Best of New Orleans.

Level 9

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

#80573 Mar 12, 2013
Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
"dinosaurs" is a new science made up word. The name Dragons were used for many year before dinosaurs.
And you don't even know where the word dragon came from.

Here is a hint, it does not apply to dinosaurs.

“too hard to handle”

Level 4

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

#80574 Mar 12, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>there is no evidence of any soul or spirit. none whatsoever. that too, is a myth.
Then kindly define your own sentience.

“what we think we become”

Level 5

Since: Aug 11

above and beyond

#80575 Mar 12, 2013
Anyone care to explain the discrepancy in the fossil records?

I thought Neanderthals were special. But there's one particular human species that caught my attention - the rhodesian men, or the homo rhodesiensis. They lived longer than the neanderthals, spanning three pleistocene periods: lower, middle, and upper paleolithic, as early as 500,00 years and as recent as 13,000 years ago. No photos available except for one stinking black and white photo of a side view skull. The front view, only a replica of the skull. I find that very strange because there are other fossil records for much earlier fossils such as the jaw of homo habilis with a full set of teeth dating 1.75 million years ago and the earliest found skull from the miocene period!

Should I dig deeper? or should I look for more skeletons in the closet? LOL.

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#80576 Mar 12, 2013
xxxooxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
Your claim was that love pain and happiness were chemical processes. Which would be physical evidence, not non-physical.sorry your the one who loses.
When did I say that? i said their effects can be measured. and yes, that would be physical evidence of love or pain.

St. Croix valley

#80577 Mar 12, 2013
Cybele wrote:
I thought Neanderthals were special. But there's one particular human species that caught my attention - the rhodesian men, or the homo rhodesiensis. They lived longer than the neanderthals, spanning three pleistocene periods: lower, middle, and upper paleolithic, as early as 500,00 years and as recent as 13,000 years ago. No photos available except for one stinking black and white photo of a side view skull. The front view, only a replica of the skull. I find that very strange because there are other fossil records for much earlier fossils such as the jaw of homo habilis with a full set of teeth dating 1.75 million years ago and the earliest found skull from the miocene period!
Why is this a problem for you? why do you consider this a discrepency?

Level 9

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

#80578 Mar 12, 2013
Cybele wrote:
What discrepancy?

Could you be a little clearer?

St. Croix valley

#80579 Mar 12, 2013
superwilly wrote:
<quoted text>
Then kindly define your own sentience.
the electrical impulses in my brain.

Level 5

above and beyond

#80580 Mar 12, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>Why is this a problem for you? why do you consider this a discrepency?
Because unlike you, I'm being rational. You have evidence?

Level 5

above and beyond

#80581 Mar 12, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
What discrepancy?
Do you have evidence for the rhodesian species?

“too hard to handle”

Level 4

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

#80582 Mar 12, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>the electrical impulses in my brain.
Yeah right, just electrochemical interactions! The answer still does not define sentience, ie your own ability to think and reason.

Level 5

above and beyond

#80583 Mar 12, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
What discrepancy?
why is the kabwe skull a replica?

St. Croix valley

#80584 Mar 12, 2013
Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
"dinosaurs" is a new science made up word. The name Dragons were used for many year before dinosaurs.
Actually, back in the day when people were really starting to find many dinosaur fossiles, the teaching of the church was that god wouldn't have let one of the species he created die off, so they were considered to be the bones of sea creatures as yet discovered. it took a while for science to win out over god's word there, also.

another proof against the divine inspiration idea...
bohart

White Pine, TN

#80585 Mar 12, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
Langy, why do you post crap like this?
It looks like it was written by a sixth grader.
It was obviously not written by anyone who knew anything at all about science. Their first claim alone proves that.
I know that you have no real evidence so you go to these sites to get somebody to lie for you. It does not seem like that big of a lie if you get someone else to do the dirty work.
Written by a sixth grader?, that explains why it went over your head,ha,ha,ha.

St. Croix valley

#80586 Mar 12, 2013
Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
read the book "Remarkable Creatures" by Tracy Chevalier. or anything by her, really.

St. Croix valley

#80587 Mar 12, 2013
Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
Because unlike you, I'm being rational. You have evidence?
evidence of what? no, you are not being rational.

St. Croix valley

#80588 Mar 12, 2013
Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
Or you wrong. Hmmmm tough choice
You being wrong or Christ being wrong.
Guess which way I'm going.
gid and christ have been proved to be wrong many, many times. what's one more? in fact, the whoe concept of that god/son duo has been proved wrong.
Wow

United States

#80589 Mar 12, 2013
If I take my watch apart, every piece... Place it into a brown paper sack and stand shaking the bag until it is again, functioning exactly as before, perfectly back together and in motion with the correct time etc.. How long do I have to stand there and shake that bag? This is what "science" would have you to believe everything "came to be" as with the Big Bang THEORY. It takes more faith to believe that than it does for me to believe in an intelligent design. Don't put so much "faith" in science as it has been flawed throughout history. Once upon a time there was an atom, the smallest thing known to man... Then they split it open and more small stuff spewed out, discrediting the atom being the smallest. Point is, we learn more and more daily... There is a place for logic and faith. Passing judgemental comments amongst one another will not mend fences only offer a path of destruction. There will always be believers and nonbelievers everyone of us hold an obligation to be humanitarians and cohabit without such contempt for one another.

Level 5

above and beyond

#80590 Mar 12, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>evidence of what? no, you are not being rational.
I don't expect any evidence from you. You don't understand logic.

St. Croix valley

#80591 Mar 12, 2013
superwilly wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah right, just electrochemical interactions! The answer still does not define sentience, ie your own ability to think and reason.
yes, in fact it does!

Level 5

above and beyond

#80592 Mar 12, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
What discrepancy?
The rhodesian species were incorrectly dated. Big discrepancy, from 1.75 mya to about 300,000 years ago. Not only there are no real evidence, the dating system used was not reliable.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Scientists say nuts to heart disease 16 min Spotted Girl 8
News Man banned from Panera Bread after women report... 24 min Mitts Gold Taliblets 4
Keep a Word.....Drop a Word Game (Sep '13) 25 min _FLATLINE-------- 12,781
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 32 min wichita-rick 206,986
News 7 weird things that happen when you're breast-f... 43 min Spotted Girl 10
News Officials: Passenger hit train's emergency stop... 48 min Mitts Gold Taliblets 3
2words into 2new words (May '12) 48 min wichita-rick 6,786
What Turns You Off (Jun '11) 1 hr GLEN CARTER 10,601
El's Kitchen (Feb '09) 1 hr Enzo49 67,188
Denny Crain's Place (May '10) 1 hr Enzo49 20,485
What turns you on ? (Aug '11) 2 hr Enzo49 1,472
More from around the web