Evolution vs. Creation

Evolution vs. Creation

There are 221490 comments on the Best of New Orleans story from Jan 6, 2011, titled Evolution vs. Creation. In it, Best of New Orleans reports that:

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Best of New Orleans.

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#80552 Mar 12, 2013
Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
I know how to reason, be rational, think logically, but you not much. All you say is this and that doesn't exist or no shred of evidence over and over. I can teach a kinder gardener that.
So what does that a person as creative as me says to someone who pretends to be rational as you? Think about it. You are talking to a flower and you don't even know it! LOL
Next time talk to a rock. You have something more in common.
if you are so creative, why can't you think of something that i cannot shoot down in two seconds?

perhaps if you go back to being a decent human i won't make you look so foolish.

Langoliers

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

#80553 Mar 12, 2013
Behemoth/Brachiosaurus statue
Does the Bible Mention Dinosaurs?

Many people think that the bible doesn't talk about dinosaurs. They use this as an excuse for not believing in creation. The fact is, there are 3 animals in the bible that are unfamiliar to us. These animals are the tanniyn, behemoth and the leviathan. The bible gives a very detailed description of the behemoth and the leviathan.
hope

Hannibal, MO

#80554 Mar 12, 2013
hatuey wrote:
learn how to wake-up inside your dreams and test the 5 senses therein, then maybe your ideas about evolution vs creation will expand. please judge my comments
Just 5 senses....how senseless.The human mind is an amazing devise.....its potential is rotting away on religious and political waste of the pure evil kind. 5 senses? Try again, more brain this time!

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#80555 Mar 12, 2013
typo...'per capita'...(I was laughing so hard at your logic...)

St. Croix valley

#80557 Mar 12, 2013
Langoliers wrote:
"Perhaps the most down-putting fossils found are those that span millions of years of geologic layers. Many trees have been found still standing upright buried. When Mt. St. Helens erupted, many of the surrounding trees were buried in the same fashion. The concept that geologic layers are representations of long period is immensely discredited by these fossils and by the eruption of St. Helens.
If an animal dies in the field right now, it wouldn't just sit there until it would be buried under sediment, it would either be eaten up, blown away, or blown away, or decay first. This is all just logical thinking, it would not take a mad scientist to figure something like this out. Sometimes, fossils are found in large groups. The large group of fossils are commonly called graveyard. Again, use of logic thinking would show that it isn't very apt that animals would die in a heap and then just remain there until it would become fossilized.
Some fossils from millions of years back haven't changed their shape up to now. Evolutionists have come up with the concept of stabilizing selection for the explanation. They state that natural selection suppressed innovations by negating all the changes, sometimes for millions of years. This is the exact opposite of natural selection."
no it hasn't. not at all.

the layers of ash that buried those trees carry the same fingerprint. no-one would ever think that one layer spanned millions of years.

where do you get this dreck? you can't eriously believe it, can you? even third graders can figure out what bullshit it is!

Location hidden

#80558 Mar 12, 2013
Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
I know how to reason, be rational, think logically, but you not much. All you say is this and that doesn't exist or no shred of evidence over and over. I can teach a kinder gardener that.
So what does that a person as creative as me says to someone who pretends to be rational as you? Think about it. You are talking to a flower and you don't even know it! LOL
Next time talk to a rock. You have something more in common.
don't go insulting rocks...they express more reality than these clowns ever will.

“what we think we become”

Level 5

Since: Aug 11

above and beyond

#80559 Mar 12, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>if you are so creative, why can't you think of something that i cannot shoot down in two seconds?

perhaps if you go back to being a decent human i won't make you look so foolish.
Why discuss anything with when I already know what you're going to say? You are predictable. If you are rational you would explain more about your worldview. You can't because all you say is a biased opinion.

“what we think we become”

Level 5

Since: Aug 11

above and beyond

#80560 Mar 12, 2013
xxxooxxx wrote:
<quoted text>don't go insulting rocks...they express more reality than these clowns ever will.
Don't get me wrong. I have tons of rocks in my backyard. I really love rocks. Have you been to Grand Canyon? It's breathtaking!

St. Croix valley

#80561 Mar 12, 2013
Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
Why discuss anything with when I already know what you're going to say? You are predictable. If you are rational you would explain more about your worldview. You can't because all you say is a biased opinion.
Quite the opposite. all i say is based on fact!

i can understand why you are so frustrated. it must be sad to have almost everything you say shown to be foolish... think more before you post, and find some facts to back it up.

St. Croix valley

#80562 Mar 12, 2013
xxxooxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
don't go insulting rocks...they express more reality than these clowns ever will.
like those 'real' facts you threw out that were all incorrect? sure,pal, sure...

St. Croix valley

#80563 Mar 12, 2013
Langoliers wrote:
Many people think that the bible doesn't talk about dinosaurs. They use this as an excuse for not believing in creation. The fact is, there are 3 animals in the bible that are unfamiliar to us. These animals are the tanniyn, behemoth and the leviathan. The bible gives a very detailed description of the behemoth and the leviathan.
then why did it take so long for the church to formally recognize hte fossiles we were finding as dinosaurs?

Level 9

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

#80564 Mar 12, 2013
Langoliers wrote:
It clearly doesn't since nonavian dinosaurs have been extinct for 65 million years.

Wait, I take that back. Dinosaurs are mentioned very early in the Bible. According to the Bible they were created on the 5th day.

St. Croix valley

#80565 Mar 12, 2013
xxxooxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
WTF? How do you go from talking about the suicide rate of countries per capital, to the suicides rate of catholic priests, as proof of the suicide rate of countries.?
scienctific deduction at it's best.lol
ummm...we were talking about the nonbelievers being happier and healthier. in fact, it was you that brought up the subject about people being taught your cult faith would not have as many suicides?

can you not even remember your own posts that started this thread?

wow! I mena just wow! and you have the nerve to call me as dumb as a rock! you really can't be that stupid, can you?

St. Croix valley

#80566 Mar 12, 2013
xxxooxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
of course teaching a false godless,souless, nihilistic "your life is nothing but the result of an interaction of chemical" view of science to kids is the way to go.
no wonder that murder and suicide rate is up so high among kids.
just in case you forgot....

movie time... outta here.

Location hidden

#80567 Mar 12, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>We have evidence of many non physical things. love. pain. happiness.
sorry, you lose again.
have you thought about re-thinking your world view to something you can actually defend?
Your claim was that love pain and happiness were chemical processes. Which would be physical evidence, not non-physical.sorry your the one who loses.

Langoliers

Location hidden

#80568 Mar 12, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>It clearly doesn't since nonavian dinosaurs have been extinct for 65 million years.

Wait, I take that back. Dinosaurs are mentioned very early in the Bible. According to the Bible they were created on the 5th day.
Or you wrong. Hmmmm tough choice

You being wrong or Christ being wrong.
Guess which way I'm going.

Langoliers

Location hidden

#80569 Mar 12, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>then why did it take so long for the church to formally recognize hte fossiles we were finding as dinosaurs?
"dinosaurs" is a new science made up word. The name Dragons were used for many year before dinosaurs.

Location hidden

#80570 Mar 12, 2013
Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't get me wrong. I have tons of rocks in my backyard. I really love rocks. Have you been to Grand Canyon? It's breathtaking!
no, but I seen pictures.(lol)

Location hidden

#80571 Mar 12, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>like those 'real' facts you threw out that were all incorrect? sure,pal, sure...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countrie...

Level 9

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

#80572 Mar 12, 2013
Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
Or you wrong. Hmmmm tough choice
You being wrong or Christ being wrong.
Guess which way I'm going.
Nope, I am correct. I was also correct about Jesus predicting that he would be buried the wrong amount of time.

How much do you want to bet?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
How's your weather today? (Mar '12) 3 min twowheelsforever 6,316
What Turns You Off? 3 min twowheelsforever 741
What's for dinner? (Feb '12) 4 min Bad Bex 8,979
News Why I Want My Kids to Grow Up Weird 7 min Bad Bex 2
Denny Crain's Place (May '10) 11 min twowheelsforever 22,970
WHAT???? A NEW word game? FOUR WORDS (Sep '08) 13 min Parden Pard 47,086
+=Keep 1 Drop 1=+ 3 STACK (Mar '13) 13 min Camilla 12,046
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 50 min Sublime1 219,097
A to Z songs by title or group! (Dec '16) 8 hr wichita-rick 1,967
More from around the web