Evolution vs. Creation

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008. Full Story
hatuey

Methuen, MA

#80498 Mar 12, 2013
FREE SERVANT wrote:
<quoted text>Yeah they sure are. I think Tom Petty sang about it when he said " I woke up in between a memory and a dream".
u have the right to limit yoursel to your musical world
hatuey

Methuen, MA

#80499 Mar 12, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
higher levels of what, flexibility? that is a healthy pursuit...
wood head learn, yoga is not only for flexibility,yoga is also for meditation, pranayama and other things hard for you to understand because of the 57 ticks
FREE SERVANT

Bellevue, WA

#80500 Mar 12, 2013
hatuey wrote:
<quoted text>u have the right to limit yoursel to your musical world
Are you Tinka? I like lots of music, I just like to remember the seventies, because I played music a lot back then when I was a young boy.

“Nihil curo de ista tua stulta ”

Since: May 08

Orlando

#80501 Mar 12, 2013
hatuey wrote:
<quoted text>i know, that is why i dont like the big companies that push drugs on children and people with minor desorders because of greed. by the waay how can i do drugs while sleeping. i practice yoga to gain access to higher levels .ok gorella
I do not disagree, as I rarely take even asprin.

But damn, son....you were preaching some SERIOUS new-age woo earlier.

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#80502 Mar 12, 2013
hatuey wrote:
<quoted text>wood head learn, yoga is not only for flexibility,yoga is also for meditation, pranayama and other things hard for you to understand because of the 57 ticks
So higher levels of what then?

i understand what you probably think, but lacking evidence of any such things, a rational person would be skeptical of such claims, as I am.
hatuey

Methuen, MA

#80504 Mar 12, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>So higher levels of what then?
i understand what you probably think, but lacking evidence of any such things, a rational person would be skeptical of such claims, as I am.
conciousness.i am also skeptical and that is why i investigate and practice-study.to gain awareness in my dreams i developed my own techniques.remember the ex-files.i also have supernatural experiences in this material world.the good thing is i've had many witnesses. stay skeptical, but do not limit yourself, it woud be a waste of life.

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#80505 Mar 12, 2013
hatuey wrote:
<quoted text>conciousness.i am also skeptical and that is why i investigate and practice-study.to gain awareness in my dreams i developed my own techniques.remember the ex-files.i also have supernatural experiences in this material world.the good thing is i've had many witnesses. stay skeptical, but do not limit yourself, it woud be a waste of life.
You would be the first person to hae a witnessed, verifiable supernatural experience in the history of mankind...please share.
i too have practiced with my dreams, becoming better able to remember them and control them (along with lucid dreaming) nothing supernatural there, just the subconcious mind at work...
it would be nice if there were one shred of evidence of some higher state of conciousness, but as yet, there are none...

“what we think we become”

Level 5

Since: Aug 11

above and beyond

#80506 Mar 12, 2013
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
And I'm not ridiculing Jews or Jewish theology, I'm ridiculing creationism. That's the difference.
<quoted text>
I don't care what you like. Was Einstein being mean to gravitationalists for criticising Newtonian physics?
If people don't want their concepts to be put under critical scrutiny then I suggest they don't present them here. They are free to do so or not to do so. If you want protection from said scrutiny then that's what churches are for.
Einstein didn't call Newton a Jew or anything. Einstein was a Jew, so you're bashing him for using the term Jewmagic.

Level 9

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

#80507 Mar 12, 2013
Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
Einstein didn't call Newton a Jew or anything. Einstein was a Jew, so you're bashing him for using the term Jewmagic.
Umm, no.

WTF?

Level 5

above and beyond

#80508 Mar 12, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
Umm, no.
WTF?
lol
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#80509 Mar 12, 2013
xxxooxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
man, your one sick puppy.
But doesn't anyone care about the kittens?

:-(
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#80510 Mar 12, 2013
superwilly wrote:
<quoted text>
Then you admit that by use of the term "jewmagic", you wish to make jews the butt of a joke?
I don't. I merely point out the joke has a Jewish reference.

It's not the Jews who bear the brunt of my jokes. It's the fundies on here that do. You're claiming Irish jokes are bad to English people if it mentions an English person. That's dumb.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#80511 Mar 12, 2013
Humanoid wrote:
<quoted text>Your close.....its "Alien code". Its as complicated as it gets to the human animal....ghost like.
Still don't care.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#80512 Mar 12, 2013
Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
No I'm not. One, Einstein wasn't a classical theist and would certainly raise an eyebrow at you for attempting to portray himself as one. His ideas would be more akin to deism. Two, the Jews are not the brunt of my jokes. Three, my description is accurate. Fundies oppose reality because they think that an invisible magic Jew did it differently. I merely point out that their claims are Jewish in origin. But it's the invisible magic part which is silly. Fourth, as the example of Einstein helpfully points out, not all Jewish people are theists. Jewish people have expanded as a culture during history and can be theists, atheists, deists, and many other things. Therefore I would not be poking fun at the non-creationists. Fifth - if Jews happen to be creationists? Well tough poop. Creationism (be aware I say creationism and not religion or theism here, but creationism in particular) is dumbness defined. Period. You guys like to make the laughable claim that science is "prevented from criticism" yet when we (quite rightfully) criticize creationism you whine like babies. It's bollox. Get over it.(shrug)
ThenWhenNow

Anonymous Proxy

#80513 Mar 12, 2013
God Is.

Level 5

above and beyond

#80514 Mar 12, 2013
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>No I'm not. One, Einstein wasn't a classical theist and would certainly raise an eyebrow at you for attempting to portray himself as one. His ideas would be more akin to deism. Two, the Jews are not the brunt of my jokes. Three, my description is accurate. Fundies oppose reality because they think that an invisible magic Jew did it differently. I merely point out that their claims are Jewish in origin. But it's the invisible magic part which is silly. Fourth, as the example of Einstein helpfully points out, not all Jewish people are theists. Jewish people have expanded as a culture during history and can be theists, atheists, deists, and many other things. Therefore I would not be poking fun at the non-creationists. Fifth - if Jews happen to be creationists? Well tough poop. Creationism (be aware I say creationism and not religion or theism here, but creationism in particular) is dumbness defined. Period. You guys like to make the laughable claim that science is "prevented from criticism" yet when we (quite rightfully) criticize creationism you whine like babies. It's bollox. Get over it.(shrug)
Whatever Dude. You are a bloody liar and a c unt. lol

Have the balls to admit you were throwing racial slurs or you are a liar.

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Level 7

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

#80515 Mar 12, 2013
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
But doesn't anyone care about the kittens?
:-(
"The chirrun! What about the chirrun?"

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

#80516 Mar 12, 2013
LEARNER wrote:
Why is this thread always in the top ten?
Because people keep posting on it.

Location hidden

#80517 Mar 12, 2013
http://www.intelligentdesigntheory.info/creat...

"37 Facts of Creation vs. 30 False Theories of Evolution

Teaching Creation vs. Evolution

Both evolution and Intelligent Design Theory should be taught in school. In the creation vs. evolution debate facts for kids, natural selection and survival of the fittest are real and has caused you to believe that life is an accident. This has caused considerable conflict and turmoil in your life that was not of your conscious actions. If evolution is your belief, it is an integral part of your thoughts and your demeanour. Unfortunately, you are not living in harmony with love, peace, joy and a life of comfort or your own existence. Turmoil and conflict just flow into your life and you may wonder,'why me'? The problem is that much of the theory of evolution is unbelievable. Evolution vs. creationism is the cause of the unsolicited turmoil in your life. So you have my sympathy and my warm regards. After two hundred years of Darwinism, in creation vs. evolution many unbelievable beliefs about evolution have evolved.

Belief in evolution results in a subconscious feeling of futility and despair because it is in total conflict with humans' and and other creatures' desire to live and their constant battle to survive. Belief in evolution causes one to wonder if he or she will cease to exist or will suffer torture eternally in hell. Belief in creation results in a conscious feeling of comfort, joy and peace, causing one to know that he or she will live forever, free of pain, discord and suffering."

Location hidden

#80518 Mar 12, 2013
"Science, testable, measurable, observable and repeatable things that we know about the earth and the universe indicate that

There is absolutely no evidence that Charles Darwin's theory of natural selection proves change of species.
That aliens created billions of species on earth is not credible. What then, created the aliens?
Whales did not evolve from dogs.
Human ears did not evolve from fish gills, cannot be tested, observed or measured.
Human lungs did not evolve from fish gills, cannot be tested, observed or measured.
There is absolutely no evolution evidence that life is an accident.
Evolution does not explain life, consciousness, intelligence or thoughts.
Because of this, modern Charles Darwin's theory of evolution evidence is not entirely credible, cannot be tested, observed or measured.
Nuclear decay of Radioactive isotopes has some serious flaws in the dating process.
Uniform decay of radioisotopes has been disproved by Creation Science.
The Big Bang is not credible, cannot be tested, observed or measured.
That electrons and protons came from nowhere is difficult to believe, cannot be tested, observed or measured.
Black holes are not credible, cannot be tested, observed or measured.
Time dilation is not credible, cannot be tested, observed or measured.
Einstein warping of space and space contraction are not credible, cannot be tested, observed or measured.
The existence of negative mirror universes is not credible, cannot be tested, observed or measured
That the creation of cells, DNA molecules and galaxies evolved by accident is not credible, cannot be tested, observed or measured.
That life began in a methane, ammonia and carbon dioxide atmosphere is not credible, cannot be tested, observed or measured.
Your twin brother travelling at the speed of light and aging less is not credible, cannot be tested, observed or measured..
That particles pop in and out of the universe at random is not credible, cannot be tested, observed or measured.
Stars travelling faster than the speed of light as a result of the Big Bang or any other reason is not credible, cannot be tested, observed or measured.
The distance between galaxies at the limits of the universe is the same as they are everywhere. Therefore, the universe may not be expanding
Red shift of light due to velocity and not gas and dust in space is not credible.
That the speed of light is a constant is not credible, cannot be tested, observed or measured.
The Heisenberg uncertainty principle is not credible, cannot be tested, observed or measured.
Quantum tunnelling is not credible, cannot be tested, observed or measured.
Spontaneous punctuated equilibrium is not credible, cannot be tested, observed or measured.
The theory of relativity is not credible, cannot be tested, observed or measured.
Antimatter as a result of black holes is not credible, cannot be tested, observed or measured.
Photons are not credible, cannot be tested, observed or measured.
Different Theories About Creation

In creation vs. evolution, the belief that nothing in the universe is by accident is a more believable concept and is more strongly backed up by scientific knowledge. Measurable evidence of creation vs. evolution indicates that"

http://www.intelligentdesigntheory.info/creat...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Do you have a Topix crush? (Jun '11) 7 min David0407 6,824
"The KISSING BOOTH: - Who Would You Most Like t... (Apr '13) 10 min David0407 1,576
Family shocked after texting dead grandmother, ... 11 min Christsharian Law 4
Whatcha' doing? (Apr '12) 12 min David0407 6,828
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 13 min CJ Rocker 148,918
keep a word drop a word (Sep '12) 24 min Cyan in CA 6,713
*add A word / drop a word* (Nov '12) 27 min Zwiebel 9,125
During Obama's Speech at Democratic Campaign Ra... 2 hr Christsharian Law 6
Puppy-sized spider spotted in South America 3 hr a_visitor 24
What are you thinking about now? (Jun '10) 4 hr sunshine 22,209
True or False Game 5 hr Sublime1 348

Weird People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE