Evolution vs. Creation

Full story: Best of New Orleans

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.
Comments
75,761 - 75,780 of 115,254 Comments Last updated 1 hr ago

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#80351 Mar 10, 2013
xxxooxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
...don't you know your own science?...it will either merge, or pass through the milky way galaxy...not crash in any definition of the word.
Wow, so you really don't know anything about science.

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#80352 Mar 10, 2013
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
Ah, the continued fundamentalist argument that ignorance is a virtue.
But since you're dishonest I'd hardly call you "pure of heart".
never claimed to be...just trying to give an honest account of the bible, not the the roman impirerish political view that you and your cohorts try to portray.

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Seattle

#80353 Mar 10, 2013
Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
No I just want to know your personal insight on what makes you a mutant. But you have not provided scientific evidence for it. You're just angry as usual. More projections.
You keep typing a lot of words to say you know nothing about science.

“Too hard to handle”

Level 4

Since: Jun 11

butler, pa

#80354 Mar 10, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
Wrong, context is everything. So a black person using the N word is a racist. Or for that matter how about Mark Twain?
That term may sound antisemitic but it isn't when you read it in context.
Then why use the word "jewmagic"?

Read in context, the word was used in a very pejorative way describing jewish belief.

Black people are ignorant when they use the n word to describe themselves.

Twain was wrong to have used the n word.

Anybody using terms like this in my presence gets a swift, accurate, and needed correction.

No excuses. Bigotry expressed in any fashion is wrong.

Use of the word "jewmagic" is deplorable.

“the end-times is now”

Level 2

Since: Feb 13

Location hidden

#80355 Mar 10, 2013
WELL FOLKS .. IT'S BEEN FUN ... SORRY YOU MADE NO PROGRESS

does anyone understand what His-truth is babbling about ? Intelligent Design is Creationism dishonestly worded that is not surprising it's a habit of religious people to alter the meanings of words or change the labels in an attempt to make their side seem correct or somehow better than it is It's a lie all the same .. yes .. why do creationists have such hostility to reason and logic .. I simply cannot understand that attitude of theirs .. I have to admit that I have no clue .. I guess not especially when he seems to think that he has asked some questions that no one else can seem to see .. no hostility .. all you are receiving now is well deserved ridicule .. maybe your little nephew can explain to you ho you proved your own theory wrong .. I can see now why His-truth took offense when I used the word creatard in a post of mine where the term was not aimed at him .. ye .. So you're saying ID theory is incapable of naming the designer .. No wonder it's useless.(shrug).. yeah .. maybe we'll see the end times and be rid of you .. What was the point of this post .. At best it seems that you do not understand how our universe works .. werent you the one who said you wanted to have a civilized discussion .. as it seems for the past day or so all you've been doing is making lame jokes towards anyone who disagrees .. This is still incorrect .. Why don't you spend the rest of the day reading gods word in your buybull .. youre spending way to much of your valuable creationist bullshit time on here .. up His-turth definitely got into the wine .. again .. can someone brew him some coffee so he can sober up .. he will still be a fool .. but at least he can write a somewhat legible post then .. Yes I am and with good reason your premise that the opposite of intelligence random is plain incorrect then who or what is the designer and how can we tell ? what exactly is the scientific theory of ID?.. Yes, your approach does not indicate that of an intellectually honest adult. Hence if you receive criticism then it is perhaps justified .. what is the scientific theory of ID?.. What exactly IS the scientific theory of ID who or what is the designer and how can we tell? What mechanism did it use to do whatever it is you think it did and how can we tell? How is design quantified how is C.S.I.(Complex Specified Information) measured ? When and where did it do it ? What observations can be made in regards to ID ? Why is this potentially all-powerful universe-creating) designer apparently incapable of evolution and how were these limits determined scientifically ? what useful scientific predictions does ID make ? How can it be tested ? How can it be falsified ?.. thanks in advance .. and yet another Incomprehensible creationist drivel filled post .. No, they're stupid and only betray that you are an idiot .. this premise is still incorrect .. when your starting premise is still incorrect your entire foundation for your arguments fall .. Now, if you are capable of rational debate it is expected that you are to address our responses to your posts the same way we address yours .. however given your past behaviour it doesn't appear likely, as your posts appear to be consistent with the scientific theory of creationists .. So you are a pedophile .. The coders just randomly toss stuff together .. If Windows was designed by intelligent beings .. it would be Linux .. You've been waiting, waiting, and waiting for the second coming of jesus. Keep on keepin' on .. No, he's a buybull thumping troglodyte .. Neither does he, I fear .. I'd prefer to hear it from your caregiver .. I realize that everything you say feels true when you're stoned and you are blasted .. If arrogance were a crime, you'd be executed

BUT AT LEAST YOU TRIED .. http://www.topix.com/forum/news/evolution/T7F...

“what we think we become”

Level 5

Since: Aug 11

above and beyond

#80356 Mar 10, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>You keep typing a lot of words to say you know nothing about science.
Still don't have scientific evidence, do you?

Location hidden

#80357 Mar 10, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
really?...I guess all those years of subscriptions to Sky and Telescope and Astronomy magazines were in vain.

there's to much space between the stars of galaxies to "crash" into one another....like I said, they either merge or pass through one another.

look it up if you want.

Location hidden

#80358 Mar 10, 2013
Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
Still don't have scientific evidence, do you?
not really seeing much scientific evidence of anything at all on this thread...just claims of scientific evidence.
kaplan man

Abbeville, LA

#80359 Mar 10, 2013
People get this straight WE WHERE CREATED BY GOD IN HIS IMAGE period read the bible.

Location hidden

#80360 Mar 10, 2013
thewordofme wrote:
<quoted text>
Debunk 'Design'....are you talking about Intelligent Design???
It's already debunked....the courts determined it was religion. Just creationism renamed.
The only people who cling to it are fundamentalist religionists. They are using it to try to get their dumb-ass religion into science classes in public schools.
It's all an evil plot by the 'Lying for Jesus' club.
Of course they had to associate ID with religion...other wise they couldn't "debunk" it...

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Seattle

#80361 Mar 10, 2013
xxxooxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
really?...I guess all those years of subscriptions to Sky and Telescope and Astronomy magazines were in vain.
there's to much space between the stars of galaxies to "crash" into one another....like I said, they either merge or pass through one another.
look it up if you want.
Hahahah, okay, you got me, that's a good joke.

Level 9

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

#80362 Mar 10, 2013
LEARNER wrote:
<quoted text>Thank you for pointing out that there were high day Sabbaths as mentioned in Leviticus 23. A high day Sabbath was not the regular weekly Sabbath day and it was one of seven that could fall on any day of the week. The day before the Sabbath was preperation day just like the Bible said.
What's the first thing I saw when I got back? That some sort of creatard dishonestly changed my post in a quote.

Why am I not surprised?

Level 9

Everett, WA

#80363 Mar 10, 2013
kaplan man wrote:
People get this straight WE WHERE CREATED BY GOD IN HIS IMAGE period read the bible.
Read a book of myths written by bronze age shepherds? And what is that supposed to prove?

Level 9

Everett, WA

#80364 Mar 10, 2013
superwilly wrote:
<quoted text>
Then why use the word "jewmagic"?[QUOTE]

To show how the believers in such nonsense are idiots, and very often antisemitic ones at that.

[QUOTE]
Read in context, the word was used in a very pejorative way describing jewish belief.
You have very poor reading comprehension if you think so.
Black people are ignorant when they use the n word to describe themselves.
Possible, but that was not the question. By dodging you admit that you were wrong.
Twain was wrong to have used the n word.
Now I know you are an idiot.
Anybody using terms like this in my presence gets a swift, accurate, and needed correction.
No excuses. Bigotry expressed in any fashion is wrong.
Use of the word "jewmagic" is deplorable.
So let's see, you have shown yourself to have no sense of humor, that you are ignorant, have no sense of history, will dodge a question when you don't like the answer, and have a misplaced holier than thou attitude.

“Too hard to handle”

Level 4

Since: Jun 11

butler, pa

#80365 Mar 10, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
You have very poor reading comprehension if you think so.
<quoted text>
Possible, but that was not the question. By dodging you admit that you were wrong.
<quoted text>
Now I know you are an idiot.
<quoted text>
So let's see, you have shown yourself to have no sense of humor, that you are ignorant, have no sense of history, will dodge a question when you don't like the answer, and have a misplaced holier than thou attitude.
Use of a term like "Jewmagic" ia naked antisemite bigotry.

“Nihil curo de ista tua stulta ”

Since: May 08

Orlando

#80366 Mar 10, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually Kitten, from what I've seen/read/heard xxxoooxxx is correct about this one. Not a "crash" as in a car wreck. More like mixing two liquids.

There may be SOME collisions within it, but it would mostly be a mixture.

Per Wiki: "While the Andromeda Galaxy contains about one trillion (1012) stars and the Milky Way contains about three hundred billion (3x1011); the chance of even two stars colliding is negligible because of the huge distances between each pair of stars. For example, the nearest star to the Sun is Proxima Centauri, about 3x107 solar diameters (4x1013 km or 4.27 ly) away. If the Sun were a ping-pong ball in Paris, the equivalent Proxima Centauri would be a pea-sized ball in Berlin (and the Milky Way would be about 1.9x107 km wide, about a third of the distance to Mars).

Stars are much denser near the centres of each galaxy with an average separation of only 1.6x1011 km. But that is still a density which represents one ping-pong ball every 3.2 km. Thus, it is extremely unlikely that any two stars may collide.[4]"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Andromeda%E2%80%...

“Nihil curo de ista tua stulta ”

Since: May 08

Orlando

#80367 Mar 10, 2013
xxxooxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course they had to associate ID with religion...other wise they couldn't "debunk" it...
ID is ABSOLUTELY religious.

Specifically, the Judeo-Christian religion.

Level 9

Everett, WA

#80368 Mar 10, 2013
superwilly wrote:
<quoted text>
Use of a term like "Jewmagic" ia naked antisemite bigotry.
No, it is merely a poke at idiot creatards whose sense of humor is as retarded as their general thought processes. The vast majority of Jews would see the humor of it when read in context.

In other words the people who you think are the victims of that term would laugh at you and approve its use.

“what we think we become”

Level 5

Since: Aug 11

above and beyond

#80369 Mar 10, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
No, it is merely a poke at idiot creatards whose sense of humor is as retarded as their general thought processes. The vast majority of Jews would see the humor of it when read in context.
In other words the people who you think are the victims of that term would laugh at you and approve its use.
lol. I love your tiara. Are you a princess bride?

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Seattle

#80370 Mar 10, 2013
Kong_ wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually Kitten, from what I've seen/read/heard xxxoooxxx is correct about this one. Not a "crash" as in a car wreck. More like mixing two liquids.
There may be SOME collisions within it, but it would mostly be a mixture.
Per Wiki: "While the Andromeda Galaxy contains about one trillion (1012) stars and the Milky Way contains about three hundred billion (3x1011); the chance of even two stars colliding is negligible because of the huge distances between each pair of stars. For example, the nearest star to the Sun is Proxima Centauri, about 3x107 solar diameters (4x1013 km or 4.27 ly) away. If the Sun were a ping-pong ball in Paris, the equivalent Proxima Centauri would be a pea-sized ball in Berlin (and the Milky Way would be about 1.9x107 km wide, about a third of the distance to Mars).
Stars are much denser near the centres of each galaxy with an average separation of only 1.6x1011 km. But that is still a density which represents one ping-pong ball every 3.2 km. Thus, it is extremely unlikely that any two stars may collide.[4]"
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Andromeda%E2%80%...
Actually, it would be more like dust mixing in zero gravity, but meh. My point wasn't based on his semantic argument.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
*=* Hoosier Hillbilly *=* 22 min Hoosier Hillbilly 42
Big dawg 33 min Big dawg 413
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 41 min the wandering girl 145,323
keep a word drop a word (Sep '12) 50 min the wandering girl 6,535
Keep a Word.....Drop a Word Game (Sep '13) 51 min the wandering girl 5,896
OFFBEAT.keepAword.DropAword.2011edition (Oct '11) 54 min the wandering girl 17,570
*add A word / drop a word* (Nov '12) 56 min the wandering girl 8,969
What are you thinking about now? (Jun '10) 4 hr Sublime1 18,605
JUST SAY SOMETHING. Whatever comes to mind!! (Aug '09) 6 hr Princess Hey 28,512
El's Kitchen (Feb '09) 6 hr LOST IN MISSISSIPPI 35,981
Fergson Police Dept. 8 hr Parden Pard 358
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

Weird People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••