Evolution vs. Creation

Full story: Best of New Orleans

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.

Comments (Page 3,788)

Showing posts 75,741 - 75,760 of112,792
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“Darwin was right..of course.”

Level 9

Since: Jun 11

Lagrangian L2

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 10, 2013

adif understanding wrote:
<quoted text>Well, lets just says it's what we think RNA and DNA chemical precursors would be if our estimates on the origin of life are correct. However, yeah, I'm all for the search. It is an exciting time to be in. I'm just dismayed that we don't have the tech to actually visit any of those areas in my lifetime.
Just late yesterday I went to the NASA website and they are saying that they have now found DNA IN space. Sounds to me like the building blocks are all there.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 10, 2013

Carchar king wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't come up with you're fancy scientific language, God is proven, scientists go with evolution more but God has been proven to exist.
"Proof" is for maths and alcohol. What we're interested in is facts and evidence. So again I ask how did you manage to come up with a testable hypothesis for your invisible magic Jewish wizard?
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 10, 2013

Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
So you think that the ends of the Earth, quarters of the Earth, and four corners of the Earth assumes a flat Earth? That could've been translated into end of horizon or borders, and corners or quarters could mean North, South, East, West. Really the fault is in the translation or interpretation of the verse.
The fact it needs "interpretation" is part of the very problem.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 10, 2013

Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
The bible uses verses, like poetry. It is written in art form, not scientific. It is portrayed depicted using symbolism and metaphors. We should not take the bible literally. But I get your gist. That's the problem with bible literalism.
Bingo.

Level 9

Lagrangian L2

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 10, 2013

Judged:

His-truth wrote:
atheist religious doctrine 102 = Because we believe there is no God .. Human life is therefore not sacred and can be exterminated given the proper circumstance / rationalization and will ..
40+ years of legalized abortion ??.. and some might wonder why we have a generation of youth that would take what you have and kill you without a second thought
I really doubt that abortion is the cause of bad children. I wonder if it might be that parents really cannot address super bad behavior anymore. About all that is allowed is sending them to 'Time Out'
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 10, 2013

<quoted text>
You are a fool. Schadewald was a pathetic troll who made crap up with the intent of ridiculing people through deliberate misinterpretations of statements, of biblical passages, of positions people took, and you are basing your Atheism off his garbage attempting to unsuccessfully do the same. The problem you have is that his cards were already played out probably long before you were even a gleam in the eye of that trucker parked in the back row of the truck-stop you mom frequented before you were born.
Your positions, based on his, have absolutely no weight. They are completely fraudulent (you should look that word up) and a joke. You are attempting to emulate that joke and succeeding quite convincingly if I might add.
And the most funny thing about this is that I'm not even religious. I just like trolling the trolls with facts and you have demonstrated clearly that you can't handle it. So let me recap for you, Evolution says absolutely nothing about creation, science says absolutely nothing about creation, the bible does not say the earth is flat or the sun revolves around it unless you twist and contort the passages in ways that do not make sense, and your strongest position is a logical fallacy that two beings not constrained by the rules of nature must do something within those bounds because you insist- demand that these super natural beings are incapable of not following the rules and bounds of nature. You are so precious, do you do parties?
Total emotional breakdown.

We're sorry that we do not have to take baseless claims re the supernatural seriously but the fact is that we do not have to take baseless claims re the supernatural seriously.

“what we think we become”

Level 5

Since: Aug 11

above and beyond

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 10, 2013

The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
I did that yesterday. DNA repair does not prevent all mutations in a new offspring. Just the same way that it does not prevent all mutations when an organism takes damage (eg sunburn or cancer).
No it doesn't prevent it at all. It 'repairs' it. Mistakes in DNA replication leads to mutation and influences the mutation frequencies. So when you say there are about 175 mutations per individual in one generation, what is the probability of successful mutations in a species given the function of DNA repair system to counteract it. And in this process, how do you calculate the mutation rate for an evolution above the level of species. Because when a species evolves even in gradation which could later lead to macroevolution, there is also the chance of apoptosis to occur on the cell level and would not survive as a whole new species or mutant organism. Unless you can demonstrate natural selection in a mutant organism.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 10, 2013

<quoted text>lol.. You seriously think you have done something? the best you have done so far is hang up on a misspelled word and point a link to a known troll who takes scripture out of context just like you are doing.
lol.. You have proved no one wrong at all today or any other day that I can find. Your pathetic life must be really miserable for you to be this way. Let me guess, you boyfriend shot you down because he is sleeping with your mom, and every one of the 4 most likely guys to be your dad ran away a long time ago and this is your only out.. I can read people, I bet I'm closer to the truth on that then you will ever admit.
You're frothing all over your desk. You gonna clean it up?
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 10, 2013

<quoted text>I'm not sure how much more dumbing down for you I can do. If you still don't get it, then you never will. He made up his interpretations of the verses with the intent of criticizing them. He took everything out of context in order to impose a view that does not coexist with reality.
Now, if you still do not get it, then maybe I miss guaged your ability to learn something. Like they said, you can't fix stupid and I think they might have created that saying right after meeting you.
The point is that Biblical literalism can NOT co-exist with reality. Even Cybele has just pointed that out. This means we can dismiss the Bible as a scientific source. That is our only point.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 10, 2013

<quoted text>Who said anything about evolution? I can spank you in that too I bet. Actually, you would loose that bet because you are already comparing evolution to creation which you simply cannot do in the realm of legitimate science.
We don't have to.(shrug)

It's the creationists who do that.
This is not even getting into the fact that evolution and science in its entirety could be a byproduct of creation making it only valid because of creation. You should look up the term create and creation.
Your appeal to emotion is irrelevant. Sure, God COULD have used evolution. Or God could have done everything exactly the way the fundies said. Or God could have done it all last Thursday.

Since all religious claims are equally valid they are all equally relevant.

Level 9

Lagrangian L2

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 10, 2013

Judged:

His-truth wrote:
<quoted text>
I couldn't care less about evolution .. micro or macro ... it's in your corner to debunk design .. are you willing to do that ??
Debunk 'Design'....are you talking about Intelligent Design???

It's already debunked....the courts determined it was religion. Just creationism renamed.

The only people who cling to it are fundamentalist religionists. They are using it to try to get their dumb-ass religion into science classes in public schools.

It's all an evil plot by the 'Lying for Jesus' club.
Khatru

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 10, 2013

Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>And where exactly is the top of the world eh?
Which world? There are many worlds.
Only one earth.

Level 9

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 10, 2013

His-truth wrote:
<quoted text>
I couldn't care less about evolution .. micro or macro ... it's in your corner to debunk design .. are you willing to do that ??
Wrong again. Once more you are trying to shift the burden of proof.

If you want to claim "design" you have to define it and provide evidence for it.

Otherwise it is just a lot of hot air that does not mean anything.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 10, 2013

Carchar king wrote:
<quoted text>
It's Jesus' blood that cures leprosy, not Doves, don't come up with you're little lies of what the Bible says, even the goat part is way off target.
http://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Leprosy#Supersti...
Carchar king wrote:
It is proven there was a flood as well as if it didn't happen, this earth would be about 75% full of evil people maybe even more.
If there was a flood this Earth would be about 0% full of people, "evil" or otherwise.

Well uh, unless we use magic to rescue that hypothesis that is.
Carchar king wrote:
you are basically saying the Christian religion is idiotic, but why can't we say the same about atheism.
You can. But he specifically said he wasn't calling the whole Bible idiotic. However though most creationists may disagree, Creationism and Christianity aren't necessarily the same thing...
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 10, 2013

Judged:

FREE SERVANT wrote:
<quoted text>Is it moving away from earth as its center?
Relativity suggests that there is no center.

But thanks for demonstrating that there is indeed still geocentrists about.

HERE YA GO CYBELE! HERE'S MIKEY!

Level 9

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 10, 2013

His-truth wrote:
"Which is why creationists now avoid science" ... makes me laugh
Yes, creation "science" is hilarious.

I do have to agree with you on that. That is one of the reasons they are very often called creatards. They definitely do not seem very Christian, they constantly lie.

You seem to be a Christian. I do have a serious question for you:

Is it okay to lie for Jesus?
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 10, 2013

xxxooxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
well if you claim to know the bible so much, then you would know that you don't enter into heaven through intellectual knowledge, but through faith.
Jesus referred to the children as the greatest in heaven...not the intellectuals.
...and I believe this is why secretly, that science rejects it so much.
Science values intellectual knowledge above all. God values purity of heart, spirit and faith.
God doesn't care what your IQ is...only whats in your heart.
God has no need for intellectuals...why would he? His knowledge is infinite.
Ah, the continued fundamentalist argument that ignorance is a virtue.

But since you're dishonest I'd hardly call you "pure of heart".

“what we think we become”

Level 5

Since: Aug 11

above and beyond

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 10, 2013

Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>
Which world? There are many worlds.
Only one earth.
Do you see what I mean? It's useless to even argue something that is meant to be figurative and attacking it to mean it literally.

Have you gone 'around' the world?
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 10, 2013

Judged:

xxxooxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes it is. Science says that the universe has no center, which would imply that the center is relative to the observer. meaning that if your standing on the earth, it is in fact moving away from the earth as it's center.
Unless you're standing on the moon.

Oh by the way, our galaxy will crash into Andromeda.

Level 9

Lagrangian L2

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 10, 2013

Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
No that is not it.
Jesus predicted the wrong amount of time that he would be dead.
That is a pretty big fail on his part if he was God. Or even the son of God.
Very Big Fail. But then there may not have even been a Jesus. He wasn't needed to redeem mankind from 'Original Sin' And he supposedly did tell his followers that he would be back before they died, and he never made it.

I see him just fading away into the sunset. Another failing of the Christian Church to prove itself.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 75,741 - 75,760 of112,792
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••