Evolution vs. Creation

Evolution vs. Creation

There are 164491 comments on the Best of New Orleans story from Jan 6, 2011, titled Evolution vs. Creation. In it, Best of New Orleans reports that:

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Best of New Orleans.

“what we think we become”

Level 5

Since: Aug 11

above and beyond

#80356 Mar 10, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>You keep typing a lot of words to say you know nothing about science.
Still don't have scientific evidence, do you?

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#80357 Mar 10, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow, so you really don't know anything about science.
really?...I guess all those years of subscriptions to Sky and Telescope and Astronomy magazines were in vain.

there's to much space between the stars of galaxies to "crash" into one another....like I said, they either merge or pass through one another.

look it up if you want.

Location hidden

#80358 Mar 10, 2013
Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
Still don't have scientific evidence, do you?
not really seeing much scientific evidence of anything at all on this thread...just claims of scientific evidence.
kaplan man

Abbeville, LA

#80359 Mar 10, 2013
People get this straight WE WHERE CREATED BY GOD IN HIS IMAGE period read the bible.

Location hidden

#80360 Mar 10, 2013
thewordofme wrote:
<quoted text>
Debunk 'Design'....are you talking about Intelligent Design???
It's already debunked....the courts determined it was religion. Just creationism renamed.
The only people who cling to it are fundamentalist religionists. They are using it to try to get their dumb-ass religion into science classes in public schools.
It's all an evil plot by the 'Lying for Jesus' club.
Of course they had to associate ID with religion...other wise they couldn't "debunk" it...

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#80361 Mar 10, 2013
xxxooxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
really?...I guess all those years of subscriptions to Sky and Telescope and Astronomy magazines were in vain.
there's to much space between the stars of galaxies to "crash" into one another....like I said, they either merge or pass through one another.
look it up if you want.
Hahahah, okay, you got me, that's a good joke.

Level 9

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

#80362 Mar 10, 2013
LEARNER wrote:
<quoted text>Thank you for pointing out that there were high day Sabbaths as mentioned in Leviticus 23. A high day Sabbath was not the regular weekly Sabbath day and it was one of seven that could fall on any day of the week. The day before the Sabbath was preperation day just like the Bible said.
What's the first thing I saw when I got back? That some sort of creatard dishonestly changed my post in a quote.

Why am I not surprised?

Level 9

Everett, WA

#80363 Mar 10, 2013
kaplan man wrote:
People get this straight WE WHERE CREATED BY GOD IN HIS IMAGE period read the bible.
Read a book of myths written by bronze age shepherds? And what is that supposed to prove?

Level 9

Everett, WA

#80364 Mar 10, 2013
superwilly wrote:
<quoted text>
Then why use the word "jewmagic"?[QUOTE]

To show how the believers in such nonsense are idiots, and very often antisemitic ones at that.

[QUOTE]
Read in context, the word was used in a very pejorative way describing jewish belief.
You have very poor reading comprehension if you think so.
Black people are ignorant when they use the n word to describe themselves.
Possible, but that was not the question. By dodging you admit that you were wrong.
Twain was wrong to have used the n word.
Now I know you are an idiot.
Anybody using terms like this in my presence gets a swift, accurate, and needed correction.
No excuses. Bigotry expressed in any fashion is wrong.
Use of the word "jewmagic" is deplorable.
So let's see, you have shown yourself to have no sense of humor, that you are ignorant, have no sense of history, will dodge a question when you don't like the answer, and have a misplaced holier than thou attitude.

“too hard to handle”

Level 4

Since: Jun 11

butler, pa

#80365 Mar 10, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
You have very poor reading comprehension if you think so.
<quoted text>
Possible, but that was not the question. By dodging you admit that you were wrong.
<quoted text>
Now I know you are an idiot.
<quoted text>
So let's see, you have shown yourself to have no sense of humor, that you are ignorant, have no sense of history, will dodge a question when you don't like the answer, and have a misplaced holier than thou attitude.
Use of a term like "Jewmagic" ia naked antisemite bigotry.

“Nihil curo de ista tua stulta ”

Since: May 08

Orlando

#80366 Mar 10, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow, so you really don't know anything about science.
Actually Kitten, from what I've seen/read/heard xxxoooxxx is correct about this one. Not a "crash" as in a car wreck. More like mixing two liquids.

There may be SOME collisions within it, but it would mostly be a mixture.

Per Wiki: "While the Andromeda Galaxy contains about one trillion (1012) stars and the Milky Way contains about three hundred billion (3x1011); the chance of even two stars colliding is negligible because of the huge distances between each pair of stars. For example, the nearest star to the Sun is Proxima Centauri, about 3x107 solar diameters (4x1013 km or 4.27 ly) away. If the Sun were a ping-pong ball in Paris, the equivalent Proxima Centauri would be a pea-sized ball in Berlin (and the Milky Way would be about 1.9x107 km wide, about a third of the distance to Mars).

Stars are much denser near the centres of each galaxy with an average separation of only 1.6x1011 km. But that is still a density which represents one ping-pong ball every 3.2 km. Thus, it is extremely unlikely that any two stars may collide.[4]"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Andromeda%E2%80%...

Orlando

#80367 Mar 10, 2013
xxxooxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course they had to associate ID with religion...other wise they couldn't "debunk" it...
ID is ABSOLUTELY religious.

Specifically, the Judeo-Christian religion.

Level 9

Everett, WA

#80368 Mar 10, 2013
superwilly wrote:
<quoted text>
Use of a term like "Jewmagic" ia naked antisemite bigotry.
No, it is merely a poke at idiot creatards whose sense of humor is as retarded as their general thought processes. The vast majority of Jews would see the humor of it when read in context.

In other words the people who you think are the victims of that term would laugh at you and approve its use.

“what we think we become”

Level 5

Since: Aug 11

above and beyond

#80369 Mar 10, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
No, it is merely a poke at idiot creatards whose sense of humor is as retarded as their general thought processes. The vast majority of Jews would see the humor of it when read in context.
In other words the people who you think are the victims of that term would laugh at you and approve its use.
lol. I love your tiara. Are you a princess bride?

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#80370 Mar 10, 2013
Kong_ wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually Kitten, from what I've seen/read/heard xxxoooxxx is correct about this one. Not a "crash" as in a car wreck. More like mixing two liquids.
There may be SOME collisions within it, but it would mostly be a mixture.
Per Wiki: "While the Andromeda Galaxy contains about one trillion (1012) stars and the Milky Way contains about three hundred billion (3x1011); the chance of even two stars colliding is negligible because of the huge distances between each pair of stars. For example, the nearest star to the Sun is Proxima Centauri, about 3x107 solar diameters (4x1013 km or 4.27 ly) away. If the Sun were a ping-pong ball in Paris, the equivalent Proxima Centauri would be a pea-sized ball in Berlin (and the Milky Way would be about 1.9x107 km wide, about a third of the distance to Mars).
Stars are much denser near the centres of each galaxy with an average separation of only 1.6x1011 km. But that is still a density which represents one ping-pong ball every 3.2 km. Thus, it is extremely unlikely that any two stars may collide.[4]"
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Andromeda%E2%80%...
Actually, it would be more like dust mixing in zero gravity, but meh. My point wasn't based on his semantic argument.

Location hidden

#80371 Mar 10, 2013
Kong_ wrote:
<quoted text>
ID is ABSOLUTELY religious.
Specifically, the Judeo-Christian religion.
I know that it's associated with Christian religion...but in purest since of the concept...taking it for just what the words imply and nothing else, it basically covers all the major religions...

Actually, that's why I started using mostly "intelligent processes" instead, to avoid the confusion.

Orlando

#80372 Mar 10, 2013
xxxooxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
I know that it's associated with Christian religion...but in purest since of the concept...taking it for just what the words imply and nothing else, it basically covers all the major religions...
Actually, that's why I started using mostly "intelligent processes" instead, to avoid the confusion.
Actually, it is more than 'associated' with Judeo-Christian religious dogma, it was STARTED by a desire to put the Genesis version of Creation in public schools.

From Wiki:

"Phillip E. Johnson (born June 18, 1940) is a retired UC Berkeley law professor and author. He became a born-again Christian while a tenured professor and is considered the father of the intelligent design movement. A critic of what he calls "Darwinism" and "scientific materialism", Johnson rejects evolution in favor of neocreationist views known as intelligent design. He was a co-founder of the Discovery Institute's Center for Science and Culture (CSC) and is credited with establishing the wedge Strategy, which aims to change public opinion and scientific consensus, and seeks to convince the scientific community to allow a role for God in scientific theory.

Quotes from Phillip Johnson:

~~"We are taking an intuition most people have (the belief in God) and making it a scientific and academic enterprise. We are removing the most important cultural roadblock to accepting the role of God as creator."[47]

~~"Our strategy has been to change the subject a bit so that we can get the issue of intelligent design, which really means the reality of God, before the academic world and into the schools."[39]

~~"This isn't really, and never has been a debate about science. It's about religion and philosophy."[40]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phillip_E._Johns...

Level 9

Everett, WA

#80373 Mar 10, 2013
Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
lol. I love your tiara. Are you a princess bride?
They are cheap. You can get one too.

It looks like ChiliJ will win it this week.
bohart

Newport, TN

#80374 Mar 10, 2013
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
"Proof" is for maths and alcohol. What we're interested in is facts and evidence. So again I ask how did you manage to come up with a testable hypothesis for your invisible magic Jewish wizard?
Have you came up with a testable hypothesis with repeatable results for your magical puddle of goo? If not then all you have is your faith laced personal opinion.

Level 9

Everett, WA

#80375 Mar 10, 2013
bohart wrote:
<quoted text>
Have you came up with a testable hypothesis with repeatable results for your magical puddle of goo? If not then all you have is your faith laced personal opinion.
They have repeatable tests for many steps in abiogenesis. The fact that they cannot do it from scratch yet is why abiogenesis is still in the hypothetical stage. You don't stop working on a scientific problem simply because it is not solved yet. If you followed that idiotic thought process nothing would be accomplished ever.

Of course creatards have never used their "science" to contribute anything to the world's body of knowledge so I guess they are just jealous.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Keep a Word.....Drop a Word Game (Sep '13) 5 min Crazy Jae 8,122
What Could Be Hot? 7 min Crazy Jae 164
Add a Word remove a Word (Oct '13) 9 min Crazy Jae 1,701
3 Word Advice (Good or Bad) 12 min Crazy Jae 1,855
News School votes for communism-themed dance dubbed ... 13 min Lisa 74
6 letter word ...change one letter game (Oct '08) 16 min andet1987 28,916
Threads YOU Need to Read 17 min Calendar 6
JUST SAY SOMETHING. Whatever comes to mind!! (Aug '09) 1 hr Observer 29,154
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 1 hr Observer 163,103
2015: "Make a Story/ 6 Words Only: 2 hr Brandiiiiiiii 671