Evolution vs. Creation

Full story: Best of New Orleans

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.
Comments
75,721 - 75,740 of 115,204 Comments Last updated 26 min ago

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#80310 Mar 10, 2013
No, xxxooxxx, it is that after reading such obviously made up crap a rational person cannot believe it to be true.

For many of us it started with the dreck they attempted to sell us in Sundaay school...
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#80311 Mar 10, 2013
xxxooxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
Because the average atheist has a agenda to disprove the bible.
Actually Higher Criticism already did that centuries ago. And they were Christian priests. You're just 400 years out of date.(shrug)
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#80312 Mar 10, 2013
Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks for dodging this.
Thanks for dodging this:

http://www.topix.com/forum/news/evolution/T9Q...

(shrug)

“Too hard to handle”

Level 4

Since: Jun 11

butler, pa

#80313 Mar 10, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
The phrase is not antisemitic, it only sounds antisemitic.
There is a difference.
That's the same way N----- just "sounds" bigoted. No excuses.

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#80314 Mar 10, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
Wrong, try again.
you say wrong...but fail to point anything out.
Khatru

United States

#80315 Mar 10, 2013
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>Actually the Earth is an oblate spheroid with an uneven surface. Circles are flat.

The Bible calls it a flat square circle which rests fixed and unmoving on foundations hanging upon nothing at the center of a geocentric universe which revolves around it.
Untrue, a translation calls or a circle others call it a sphere.

Level 9

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

#80316 Mar 10, 2013
superwilly wrote:
<quoted text>
That's the same way N----- just "sounds" bigoted. No excuses.
Wrong, context is everything. So a black person using the N word is a racist. Or for that matter how about Mark Twain?

That term may sound antisemitic but it isn't when you read it in context.

Location hidden

#80317 Mar 10, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
Wrong, try again.
are you saying that atheists do not look for fault in the bible?
Subdiction Zone

United States

#80318 Mar 10, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>No that is not it.

Jesus predicted the wrong amount of time that he would be dead.

That is a pretty big fail on his part if he was God. Or even the son of God.
Not all. Jesus was killed an a long weekend so to say. Many items point this out to be a Passover Sabbath.
(Wednesday not Friday death)

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#80319 Mar 10, 2013
His-truth wrote:
<quoted text>
I couldn't care less about evolution .. micro or macro ... it's in your corner to debunk design .. are you willing to do that ??
The fact that there is no evidence supporting your "design," creationism in other words, makes your entire point debunked by default. You debunked it yourself when you presented zero evidence.

Level 9

Everett, WA

#80320 Mar 10, 2013
xxxooxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
You thought you had the answer. You didn't. Do you need to know how you were wrong?

I will give you a hint, atheists do not try to "disprove" the existence of god.

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Seattle

#80321 Mar 10, 2013
xxxooxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
Couldn't possibly be because you fail to actually read anything more than one sentence.
The Dud

United States

#80322 Mar 10, 2013
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>Actually the Earth is an oblate spheroid with an uneven surface. Circles are flat.

The Bible calls it a flat square circle which rests fixed and unmoving on foundations hanging upon nothing at the center of a geocentric universe which revolves around it.
"The Bible calls it a flat square circle"

No it doesn't only a fool could believe this crap.

“what we think we become”

Level 5

Since: Aug 11

above and beyond

#80323 Mar 10, 2013
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
33.33333333%
Mutations can be successful, neutral, or detrimental.
We're all born with over 100 mutations that neither of our parents have. Even creationists accept this. If you claim you're different then you were either genetically engineered or simply not human.
<quoted text>
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apoptosis
"Apoptosis (pron.:/&#716;Šp&#601; &#712;to&#650;s&#6 18;s/ also pron.:/&#716;e&#618;p &#596;&#720;p&#712 ;to&#650;s&#618;s/)[2] [3] is the process of programmed cell death (PCD) that may occur in multicellular organisms.[4] Biochemical events lead to characteristic cell changes (morphology) and death. These changes include blebbing, cell shrinkage, nuclear fragmentation, chromatin condensation, and chromosomal DNA fragmentation.(See also apoptotic DNA fragmentation.)
In contrast to necrosis, which is a form of traumatic cell death that results from acute cellular injury, apoptosis, in general, confers advantages during an organism's life cycle. For example, the differentiation of fingers and toes in a developing human embryo occurs because cells between the fingers apoptose; the result is that the digits are separate. Unlike necrosis, apoptosis produces cell fragments called apoptotic bodies that phagocytic cells are able to engulf and quickly remove before the contents of the cell can spill out onto surrounding cells and cause damage."
So I don't think you're referring to the correct thing here.
<quoted text>
First of all, we're ALL "mutants". Second you don't demonstrate natural selection in an individual. It is demonstrated in populations. Your statement indicates a lack of understanding of the terminology involved.
Where did you come up with the magic number 33.3333%

I was referring to programmed cell death. Just like we have beneficial mutations, apoptosis can also have an advantage. But that doesn't mean my question or my understanding of it is wrong. Please define how we are ALL mutants given the fact that taxonomy says organisms belongs in many different species. Define species. How can you say we can't demonstrate natural selection in an individual and then goes on to say that we are all mutants. Natural selection is a fact in nature that is 'within' a species. But this definition has been distorted to fit in with lie of Darwin's theory by claiming it can only be demonstrated in a population and not the individual.

"Natural selection is the process by which biological organisms with favorable traits survive and reproduce more successfully than organisms that do not possess such traits, and, conversely, organisms with deleterious traits survive and reproduce less successfully than organisms lacking such deleterious traits."

http://www.newworldencyclopedia.org/entry/Nat...

Do you mean to say that by examining an individual, we can't prove if that individual has favorable or unfavorable traits and whether she can or cannot successfully reproduce even if she's ovulating? lol

Okay let's go with your true definition. Can you demonstrate natural selection in this mutant population?

Level 9

Everett, WA

#80324 Mar 10, 2013
The Dud wrote:
<quoted text>
"The Bible calls it a flat square circle"
No it doesn't only a fool could believe this crap.
Wow! Right for once. Only a fool would believe the crap in the Bible. I couldn't have said it better myself.

Location hidden

#80325 Mar 10, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
You thought you had the answer. You didn't. Do you need to know how you were wrong?
I will give you a hint, atheists do not try to "disprove" the existence of god.
and again...

Level 9

Everett, WA

#80326 Mar 10, 2013
xxxooxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
Finding faults in the Bible is not trying to disprove the existence of God.

That is a false dichotomy on your part.

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Seattle

#80327 Mar 10, 2013
xxxooxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
and again...
Different matter, your claims we do demonstrate are fallacious simply because you are claiming to know something, yet present no evidence. That is dishonest.

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#80328 Mar 10, 2013
They don't need to look for it, XXXOOXXX, it is pretty widely known stuff.

A better question would be why would people believe in a book full of proven lies and falsehoods?

Location hidden

#80329 Mar 10, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
Finding faults in the Bible is not trying to disprove the existence of God.
That is a false dichotomy on your part.
read what I said...I did not say God.

"Because the average atheist has a agenda to disprove the bible.
So the atheist does an in depth search looking for fault...and finds it."

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Keep a Word.....Drop a Word Game (Sep '13) 3 min Princess Hey 5,884
Add a word and drop a word (Jan '14) 5 min Princess Hey 1,268
Only Three Word (Nov '09) 8 min Princess Hey 11,521
Create "short sentences using the last word" (Aug '12) 11 min Princess Hey 6,824
Word Association (Mar '10) 13 min Princess Hey 15,983
Last Post Wins! (Aug '08) 16 min tiger_-_dad 137,487
JUST SAY SOMETHING. Whatever comes to mind!! (Aug '09) 16 min Princess Hey 28,492
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 17 min yTubeNews 145,163
What are you thinking about now? (Jun '10) 18 min -Lea- 18,558
Fergson Police Dept. 1 hr beatlesinthebog 362
What's your tip for the day? 1 hr beatlesinthebog 802
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

Weird People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••