Evolution vs. Creation

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008. Full Story

“In God we trust”

Level 7

Since: Dec 12

Nothing creates... Nothing

#80168 Mar 9, 2013
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
Ah, but (a) God would not be bound by Einstein's equations, as it would exist in some sort of multiverse (heaven perhaps?) while making our universe, and perhaps others. Scientists already suspect that if other universes exist they could have different laws of physics at play in each. And as for evolution having no direction, well that's not a problem either. God could either be guiding it in a manner we're unaware of, or it could simply be playing dice.
Of course the nature of (a) God is still nothing more than philosophical speculation and can't be considered scientific until the fundies manage to come up with a falsifiable concept.
Don't come up with you're fancy scientific language, God is proven, scientists go with evolution more but God has been proven to exist.
adif understanding

Lancaster, OH

#80169 Mar 9, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
No, I said for science that I do not link to atheist sites. And how is that site atheistic? It mere makes fun of a book written by a group of ignorant bronze age sheep humpers. It says nothing about the existence or non-existence of a god or gods.
The fact that your silly beliefs may have been debunked does not make a site atheistic. So that is another fail for you.
I love how believers in nonsense are more than happy to say what amounts to "magic" if their silly beliefs are shown to be wrong.
Okay fool, why did the Devil have to take Jesus anywhere? If he was going to use supernatural powers why didn't he show Jesus the world where they were? That seems a bit silly to claim they had to go somewhere high on the Earth for Devil magic to work.
lol.. You don't know who Schadewald is? Perhpas you are not stupid by choice and just hopelessly ignorant of relevant facts. Go look him up.

I bet you are sitting there stewing in your own juices thinking your goat humping comment will upset me or something. I love the tactics idiots employ when they have nothing useful to add. It reminds me of retarded children wanting more attention. Proof by all means that there is a god.

Why did the did the Devil have to take Jesus anywhere? Because that is what is claimed to have happened. You know, I purchased gasoline for my car at the gas station on the other side of town today. I didn't have to drive past the 3 or 4 other stations on the way, but I did because I wanted to. Are you now going to insist that I did so because I could only get gas across town or something? I mean your arbitrary assertions have no basis of necessity here. Things are done because they were done.

Now you are claiming that because two super natural beings did a supernatural act, that you have magically proved everything wrong and the fact that super natural beings doing super natural things is preposterous. You are a fool, a tool.

Level 9

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

#80170 Mar 9, 2013
Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
The same thing can be said with history books. If you could say that about the bible, then you would find bias in history content in many books as well. Do you believe everything about what they teach in history?
Of course I don't believe everything that I read in history. My point is that retards like adif will try to claim that the Bible is perfect or some other such nonsense. He still believes the fairy tales in the Bible and probably misses the important parts of it.

My point is that if you are going to take certain idiotic parts of the Bible literally then you are a hypocrite if you don't take other idiotic parts of the Bible literally. I am not calling the whole Bible idiotic, only certain parts of it.

For example it is idiotic to believe that goats seeing striped sticks when they mate can make goats have striped kids. It is idiotic to believe that doves blood can cure leprosy. It is idiotic to believe that a flood covered the Earth with five miles of water and left no sign that it ever happened. It is idiotic to believe that a fish could swallow someone and that this person would not dye for three days, even if it was a whale and not a fish. It is idiotic to believe that a snake can talk. I could go on, but I think you get my gist.

“what we think we become”

Level 5

Since: Aug 11

above and beyond

#80171 Mar 9, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
Here are a few: Daniel 4:10-11, Matthew 4:8, Luke 4:5, Isaiah 11:12, and Revelation 7:1.
So you think that the ends of the Earth, quarters of the Earth, and four corners of the Earth assumes a flat Earth? That could've been translated into end of horizon or borders, and corners or quarters could mean North, South, East, West. Really the fault is in the translation or interpretation of the verse.
adif understanding

Lancaster, OH

#80172 Mar 9, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
Wrong, we are even more accurate now and we know that is not the case.
When the O.T. was translated into English for the King James Version they already knew that the Earth was spherical if anything they tried to squeeze the Bible into modern day, actually Middle Ages knowledge.
I love it how creationists always try to project their faults onto others.
NO, there is no word for sphere in the language at the time of the bible's writing. This is simply a fact. You can look it up, the original word is &#1495;&#1493;&#14 68;&#1490; or transliterated as chuwg which according to strong's concordance carries a meaning of 1) circle, circuit, compass 2)(BDB) vault (of the heavens) and commonly expanded to sphere in modern times.

I'm not entirely sure why you love it when things you think happen simply do not. Perhpas if you would stop leading from ignorance and actually spend a bit of time understanding what you are talking about, you wouldn't look so foolish.

Level 9

Everett, WA

#80173 Mar 9, 2013
adif understanding wrote:
<quoted text>lol.. You don't know who Schadewald is? Perhpas you are not stupid by choice and just hopelessly ignorant of relevant facts. Go look him up.
I bet you are sitting there stewing in your own juices thinking your goat humping comment will upset me or something. I love the tactics idiots employ when they have nothing useful to add. It reminds me of retarded children wanting more attention. Proof by all means that there is a god.
Why did the did the Devil have to take Jesus anywhere? Because that is what is claimed to have happened. You know, I purchased gasoline for my car at the gas station on the other side of town today. I didn't have to drive past the 3 or 4 other stations on the way, but I did because I wanted to. Are you now going to insist that I did so because I could only get gas across town or something? I mean your arbitrary assertions have no basis of necessity here. Things are done because they were done.
Now you are claiming that because two super natural beings did a supernatural act, that you have magically proved everything wrong and the fact that super natural beings doing super natural things is preposterous. You are a fool, a tool.
I really don't care who Schadewald was. He may or may not have been an atheist. That does not make that paper he wrote an "atheistic paper". In fact it clearly is not. All it does is to point out some errors in the Bible. You seem to not even understand what atheism is or what the word means. Just because somebody is against your idiotic beliefs does not make him an atheist or his work atheistic. For a work to be atheistic it needs to give reasons not to believe in God and that paper did not do that at all.

I do sometimes like to slap idiots like you with the fact that the Bible was not written by what we would call scholars.

And no, you do not get to use the lame excuse that the Devil took Jesus to a high place because the Bible said so. It said he took them to a high place specifically to show him the whole world. If you cannot see that is telling you that the world is flat then you are hopelessly dishonest.

Of course all creatards are either ignorant or dishonest and usually a combination of both. Not only are they ignorant about science they are very often ignorant about their own Bible and what it says.

You are a pathetic fool who cannot even defend your pathetic beliefs.

Level 9

Everett, WA

#80174 Mar 9, 2013
Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
So you think that the ends of the Earth, quarters of the Earth, and four corners of the Earth assumes a flat Earth? That could've been translated into end of horizon or borders, and corners or quarters could mean North, South, East, West. Really the fault is in the translation or interpretation of the verse.
Or like most uneducated people of that time they could have thought the world was flat.
adif understanding

Lancaster, OH

#80175 Mar 9, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
Another reading fail by adif.
Once again, you were the idiot who said "incomparable" when the poster you were responding to used the word "incompatible". That meant the animals he was talking about could not breed. You were the idiot who brought up dogs and tried to claim they were ring species too. They aren't. Only a creatard would try to claim that they were.
How many times do you have to shoot yourself in the foot before you limp away?
what is you problem? Is your major scholarly victory here that you got someone on a spelling error most likely set by auto-correct? lol.. And you are calling me a moron.

Like I previously said, you have nothing constructive to add, you are now nitpicking about language which you obviously understood the concept of. The comment about the dogs was a specific comment about a specific claim and your lack of knowledge of it does not make you right or correct in any ways. It just shows the world how ridiculously ignorant you are. Oh, I lfet a word spelled incorectly here too. Are you going to find it and then claim everything else is false because of that too?

Level 9

Everett, WA

#80176 Mar 9, 2013
<quoted text>NO, there is no word for sphere in the language at the time of the bible's writing. This is simply a fact. You can look it up, the original word is &#1495;&#1493;&#14 68;&#1490; or transliterated as chuwg which according to strong's concordance carries a meaning of 1) circle, circuit, compass 2)(BDB) vault (of the heavens) and commonly expanded to sphere in modern times.
I'm not entirely sure why you love it when things you think happen simply do not. Perhpas if you would stop leading from ignorance and actually spend a bit of time understanding what you are talking about, you wouldn't look so foolish.
Oh my Gawd. Stupider and stupider. Jewish kids did not play with balls since there was no word for it. Seriously, are you going to stick with this idiotic claim or do I have to get a link for you?
adif understanding

Lancaster, OH

#80177 Mar 9, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
Afraid to answer the question moron?
Yes, you could go look it up. I bet you still get it wrong.
Go.
Afraid to answer what? Oh, you were serious about that question? lol.. Fool, I've wasted enough time with you to be pissing around with inane acts. Go troll someone else/

Level 9

Everett, WA

#80178 Mar 9, 2013
What the heck, it is easy to look up things on the internet and odds are that somebody somewhere has said it better than I could and that is the case here:

http://youngausskeptics.com/2008/12/what-you-...

Guess what adif, you are wrong again.

Is anybody surprised here? No? I didn't think so.

“what we think we become”

Level 5

Since: Aug 11

above and beyond

#80179 Mar 9, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course I don't believe everything that I read in history. My point is that retards like adif will try to claim that the Bible is perfect or some other such nonsense. He still believes the fairy tales in the Bible and probably misses the important parts of it.
My point is that if you are going to take certain idiotic parts of the Bible literally then you are a hypocrite if you don't take other idiotic parts of the Bible literally. I am not calling the whole Bible idiotic, only certain parts of it.
For example it is idiotic to believe that goats seeing striped sticks when they mate can make goats have striped kids. It is idiotic to believe that doves blood can cure leprosy. It is idiotic to believe that a flood covered the Earth with five miles of water and left no sign that it ever happened. It is idiotic to believe that a fish could swallow someone and that this person would not dye for three days, even if it was a whale and not a fish. It is idiotic to believe that a snake can talk. I could go on, but I think you get my gist.
The bible uses verses, like poetry. It is written in art form, not scientific. It is portrayed depicted using symbolism and metaphors. We should not take the bible literally. But I get your gist. That's the problem with bible literalism. Although we can find the true meaning of the word.

Level 9

Everett, WA

#80180 Mar 9, 2013
<quoted text>what is you problem? Is your major scholarly victory here that you got someone on a spelling error most likely set by auto-correct? lol.. And you are calling me a moron.
Like I previously said, you have nothing constructive to add, you are now nitpicking about language which you obviously understood the concept of. The comment about the dogs was a specific comment about a specific claim and your lack of knowledge of it does not make you right or correct in any ways. It just shows the world how ridiculously ignorant you are. Oh, I lfet a word spelled incorectly here too. Are you going to find it and then claim everything else is false because of that too?
It was not just a spelling error. That was only the start of your idiocy. Did you miss the fact that I pointed out your idiocy in trying to claim that dogs were ring species too. They aren't by the way. Most people would have learned this the first time.

So once again go back to the original poster who tried to explain ring species to you.

Also you did not spell a word incorrectly. You used the wrong word. The correct word was "incompatible". You used the word "incomparable" that is not a spelling error.

Level 9

Everett, WA

#80181 Mar 9, 2013
<quoted text>Afraid to answer what? Oh, you were serious about that question? lol.. Fool, I've wasted enough time with you to be pissing around with inane acts. Go troll someone else/
Thanks for admitting that you would have gotten that one wrong too.

Have you gotten anything correct since you first showed up here? I don't think so. What a chickenshit coward you are. Rather despicable to say the least.

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#80182 Mar 9, 2013
Carchar king wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't come up with you're fancy scientific language, God is proven, scientists go with evolution more but God has been proven to exist.
So you want to remain an ignorant moron your entire life.

Level 9

Everett, WA

#80183 Mar 9, 2013
Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
The bible uses verses, like poetry. It is written in art form, not scientific. It is portrayed depicted using symbolism and metaphors. We should not take the bible literally. But I get your gist. That's the problem with bible literalism. Although we can find the true meaning of the word.
When it uses the same "poetic" description several times over one begins to wonder it they were being poetic or not.

Level 9

Everett, WA

#80184 Mar 9, 2013
So after adif got his flabby ass firmly spanked he is off to sulk.

Does anyone have any serious questions or comments on the theory of evolution?
adif understanding

Lancaster, OH

#80185 Mar 9, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
I really don't care who Schadewald was. He may or may not have been an atheist. That does not make that paper he wrote an "atheistic paper". In fact it clearly is not. All it does is to point out some errors in the Bible. You seem to not even understand what atheism is or what the word means. Just because somebody is against your idiotic beliefs does not make him an atheist or his work atheistic. For a work to be atheistic it needs to give reasons not to believe in God and that paper did not do that at all.
I do sometimes like to slap idiots like you with the fact that the Bible was not written by what we would call scholars.
And no, you do not get to use the lame excuse that the Devil took Jesus to a high place because the Bible said so. It said he took them to a high place specifically to show him the whole world. If you cannot see that is telling you that the world is flat then you are hopelessly dishonest.
Of course all creatards are either ignorant or dishonest and usually a combination of both. Not only are they ignorant about science they are very often ignorant about their own Bible and what it says.
You are a pathetic fool who cannot even defend your pathetic beliefs.
You are a fool. Schadewald was a pathetic troll who made crap up with the intent of ridiculing people through deliberate misinterpretations of statements, of biblical passages, of positions people took, and you are basing your Atheism off his garbage attempting to unsuccessfully do the same. The problem you have is that his cards were already played out probably long before you were even a gleam in the eye of that trucker parked in the back row of the truck-stop you mom frequented before you were born.

Your positions, based on his, have absolutely no weight. They are completely fraudulent (you should look that word up) and a joke. You are attempting to emulate that joke and succeeding quite convincingly if I might add.

And the most funny thing about this is that I'm not even religious. I just like trolling the trolls with facts and you have demonstrated clearly that you can't handle it. So let me recap for you, Evolution says absolutely nothing about creation, science says absolutely nothing about creation, the bible does not say the earth is flat or the sun revolves around it unless you twist and contort the passages in ways that do not make sense, and your strongest position is a logical fallacy that two beings not constrained by the rules of nature must do something within those bounds because you insist- demand that these super natural beings are incapable of not following the rules and bounds of nature. You are so precious, do you do parties?
adif understanding

Lancaster, OH

#80186 Mar 9, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks for admitting that you would have gotten that one wrong too.
Have you gotten anything correct since you first showed up here? I don't think so. What a chickenshit coward you are. Rather despicable to say the least.
lol.. Is that all you got. Well, I guess I had my fun with resident the window licker today. Make sure you wear your helmet, I would hate if anything happened to you.

Oh, and I'm not going to answer the question because I know it will cause you to post more stupid stuff if I don't. So keep on being you, I will enjoy logging on tomorrow and reading what you have to say.
adif understanding

Lancaster, OH

#80187 Mar 9, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
So after adif got his flabby ass firmly spanked he is off to sulk.
Does anyone have any serious questions or comments on the theory of evolution?
lol. Is that what you have to tell yourself to feel good when you look in the mirror?

You crack me up. You have nothing constructive to offer but you sure know how to dumb the room down. I seriously think my IQ dropped 25 points just replying to your posts.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 4 min CJ Rocker 146,801
Whatcha' doing? (Apr '12) 5 min Sublime1 6,702
What are you thinking about now? (Jun '10) 11 min Sublime1 20,014
Go to Time Out (Jul '11) 14 min Hot Guy 1,384
What Could Be Short,...? 27 min Upon Further Review 15
Do you have a Topix crush? (Jun '11) 33 min Michael 5,495
Add a word and drop a word (Jan '14) 37 min ms_Sweeter 1,344
Woman Surprised to Find Dead Body in Her Trunk 3 hr Lawrence Wolf 8
WEIRD! Women Cyclists Model In Romantic Kits 3 hr Eltons John 6
•••