Evolution vs. Creation

Evolution vs. Creation

There are 222737 comments on the Best of New Orleans story from Jan 6, 2011, titled Evolution vs. Creation. In it, Best of New Orleans reports that:

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Best of New Orleans.

“what we think we become”

Level 5

Since: Aug 11

above and beyond

#80131 Mar 9, 2013

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#80132 Mar 9, 2013
Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
My question was about mutation and DNA repair system. more red herring from you.
No, not a red herring, I just provided evidence that your assertion of me knowing little about DNA was inaccurate and invalid. I posted my response to your mutation notion already, you still haven't responded to it.

“Darwin was right..of course.”

Level 9

Since: Jun 11

Evolution is true.....

#80133 Mar 9, 2013
Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, but no sign of intelligent life from outer space.
/sarcasm
Yeah.....well, it might be a while before that happens..:-)

Level 5

above and beyond

#80134 Mar 9, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
No, not a red herring, I just provided evidence that your assertion of me knowing little about DNA was inaccurate and invalid. I posted my response to your mutation notion already, you still haven't responded to it.
A 4-5 sentence paragraph is all you can write about DNA and genetics. How impressive.

In regards to mutation and DNA repair system, you still didn't answer my question. Nada.

Level 5

above and beyond

#80135 Mar 9, 2013
thewordofme wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah.....well, it might be a while before that happens..:-)
what? Then you need to do more research. It's out there.
adif understanding

Little Hocking, OH

#80136 Mar 9, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
No, wrong.
The creation fantasy was debunked long before Darwin came around. The sites I use, and articles as well, are simply based upon science.
Your silly belief in creation is about the same as the belief that the Sun goes around the Earth, or that the Earth is flat for that matter. The Bible says that the Earth is flat many more times than it refers to Adam and Eve. Yet creationists tend not to believe that the Earth is flat or in a geocentric universe.
Can anyone explain that?
What creation fantasy? and what was debunked lol.

As I said, this discussion is completely out of your league. You have no clue what is being said and are reverting to somehow I'm pushing religion or some stupid inane banter because you lack the knowledge and skills to participate. Like I said before, go sit in the corner with the creationist or do you want a special place for morons?

Oh, and I love how you make crap up. The bible does not say the earth is flat at all. It also says nothing about the sun revolving around it. That was dogmatic declarations by the church who is BTW, the father of science and study as we conceive it today. But hey, show some verses where it says the earth is flat, and don't point to metaphors about the ends of the earth or 4 corners because those are still in use today by people who know and understand the world of spherical. While you are at it, list some verses where it says the sun revolves around the earth.

Stop being and idiot.

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Seattle

#80137 Mar 9, 2013
Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
A 4-5 sentence paragraph is all you can write about DNA and genetics. How impressive.
In regards to mutation and DNA repair system, you still didn't answer my question. Nada.
It's called a synopsis, and again, I responded to your mutation notion, and again you still have yet to respond to that one. I am now believing that you cannot address my post on that matter due to your severely limited education.

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Seattle

#80138 Mar 9, 2013
adif understanding wrote:
<quoted text>What creation fantasy? and what was debunked lol.
As I said, this discussion is completely out of your league. You have no clue what is being said and are reverting to somehow I'm pushing religion or some stupid inane banter because you lack the knowledge and skills to participate. Like I said before, go sit in the corner with the creationist or do you want a special place for morons?
Oh, and I love how you make crap up. The bible does not say the earth is flat at all. It also says nothing about the sun revolving around it. That was dogmatic declarations by the church who is BTW, the father of science and study as we conceive it today. But hey, show some verses where it says the earth is flat, and don't point to metaphors about the ends of the earth or 4 corners because those are still in use today by people who know and understand the world of spherical. While you are at it, list some verses where it says the sun revolves around the earth.
Stop being and idiot.
So discs in the bible's writer's times are not flat?
adif understanding

Little Hocking, OH

#80139 Mar 9, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
You are going downhill badly.

3. Government is supposed to be "atheistic" in the U.S. in the sense that laws are not to be based upon religion. It is not supposed to be "atheistic" in the not believing in god sense. Just as physics is "atheistic" when it describes the gravity or the laws of thermodynamics.
Who teaches you this crap? I've seen 10th graders with a better understanding of the US government and the establishment clause then you demonstrate here. The US government is supposed to be indifferent to religion or the lack thereof. There is no atheistic approach to anything and many of the founding fathers would flat out call you a loon for suggesting such. Laws can be based on religions- there are quite a few concerning some of the 10 commandments. There are still large communities that shut businesses down on Sunday too. Do you think that would ever have been a reality if what you say if true?

The government is barred from picking sides of religion and pressing views one way or another. That is what the freedom of religion and the freedom from religion in the first amendment says. That is what the establishment clause as litigated through the courts say.

I seriously can't believe you wrote that on the internet for the entire world to see. Wow.... Just Wow...

Level 9

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

#80140 Mar 9, 2013
Stop being and idiot.
I see you failed geometry as well as science. There are quite a few verses in the Bible that would work only if the Earth were flat. From the New Testament to the Old Testament. The Bible describes a flat Earth. For example when Satan supposedly took Jesus to a high peak to show him "all the kingdoms of the Earth". That feat could only be accomplished on a flat earth. From the highest peak of the Earth you can see on the order of only 1% of the surface of the Earth since the Earth is round. It it were flat you could see the entire Earth.

Here is link to someone who collected quite a few of the verses that describe either a flat or a geocentric Earth:

http://www.lhup.edu/~dsimanek/febible.htm

I suppose for the actual creation myth to be debunked Darwin put the final nails in that coffin. Geologists had already debunked Noah's Ark at least 50 years before Darwin. What is a bit humorous is that many of the original Geologists went looking for evidence to support the idea of a worldwide flood. They found that was not the case.

Level 9

Everett, WA

#80141 Mar 9, 2013
And in my post above where I said the world was "round" I should have been more specific since the Bible sometimes describes a "circle" for the Earth. A circle is a flat two dimensional object. It can also be described as "round". The Earth of course is spherical. Many times when Bible believers try to argue against the Old Testament belief of a Flat Earth they quote verses the describe the world as "round" or circular. The problem is that the verses sited always describe a flat circular Earth in the context that they were written. They do not describe a spherical Earth even though the ancient Jews had a word for both a ball and a flat circle. They do not use the word for a ball when describing the Earth, they use the word for a flat circle.

Level 9

Everett, WA

#80142 Mar 9, 2013
<quoted text>Who teaches you this crap? I've seen 10th graders with a better understanding of the US government and the establishment clause then you demonstrate here. The US government is supposed to be indifferent to religion or the lack thereof. There is no atheistic approach to anything and many of the founding fathers would flat out call you a loon for suggesting such. Laws can be based on religions- there are quite a few concerning some of the 10 commandments. There are still large communities that shut businesses down on Sunday too. Do you think that would ever have been a reality if what you say if true?
The government is barred from picking sides of religion and pressing views one way or another. That is what the freedom of religion and the freedom from religion in the first amendment says. That is what the establishment clause as litigated through the courts say.
I seriously can't believe you wrote that on the internet for the entire world to see. Wow.... Just Wow...
You idiot, I said the government is supposed to be indifferent to religion.

Why do all creatards have such low reading comprehension? They see a word that they don't like and their poor little overtaxed brains derail.

And no, laws cannot be based upon the Ten Commandments. They may say the same thing as some of the Commandments but if you base a law on the Commandments the odds are very high that it is unconstitutional.

I cannot believe that this idiot missed the point to my entire post.

Level 5

above and beyond

#80143 Mar 9, 2013
Stop being and idiot.
If you read his statement he said

"Yet creationists tend not to believe that the Earth is flat" lol

Maybe a typo. But we all know it's a lie. There's not one creationist here that claims the Earth is flat or that is in a geocentric universe. He's digging into the past ape civilization and no one here is talking about a flat earth. In fact many creationists here talk about the laws of physics, scientific theories, quotes Einstein and other scientists, refutes evolution with real science, but they refuse to acknowledge that fact.

I don't know why he loves saying creationists think the Earth is flat. Mathematicians such as Eratosthene estimated the size of the Earth. The ancient Greeks tried to measure the circumference of the earth, then later determined the diameter. The Egyptians built the pyramids that coincided with the distances of Earth to the Sun and Orion, and measurements of the Earth. Many of the ancient civilizations learned astronomy and scientists today are still baffled about how they did it without the use of technology we have today.

So the only person saying the Earth is flat is the evolutionists using it as an ad hominem.

Level 9

Everett, WA

#80144 Mar 9, 2013
What is funny about the Ten Commandments is that the people who try to get the Ten Commandments into courtrooms normally get them wrong.

Now of course there are many laws in the Bible. When I talk about the Ten Commandments I am talking about the ones that were supposedly carved in stone by God. Not just any laws of God's of which there were hundreds.

So let's see how big of an idiot adif is when it comes to the Ten.

In modern day slang English, what would be the Tenth Commandment:

1. Goes to chruch

2. Don't boink the neighbors wife.

3. No Cheezebergerz!

4. Don't poop in the camp.

And yes, I know the wording is terrible, but of those 4 which one best represents the Tenth Commandment carved in stone?

Level 9

Everett, WA

#80145 Mar 9, 2013
Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
If you read his statement he said
"Yet creationists tend not to believe that the Earth is flat" lol
Maybe a typo. But we all know it's a lie. There's not one creationist here that claims the Earth is flat or that is in a geocentric universe. He's digging into the past ape civilization and no one here is talking about a flat earth. In fact many creationists here talk about the laws of physics, scientific theories, quotes Einstein and other scientists, refutes evolution with real science, but they refuse to acknowledge that fact.
I don't know why he loves saying creationists think the Earth is flat. Mathematicians such as Eratosthene estimated the size of the Earth. The ancient Greeks tried to measure the circumference of the earth, then later determined the diameter. The Egyptians built the pyramids that coincided with the distances of Earth to the Sun and Orion, and measurements of the Earth. Many of the ancient civilizations learned astronomy and scientists today are still baffled about how they did it without the use of technology we have today.
So the only person saying the Earth is flat is the evolutionists using it as an ad hominem.
Please note. I do not say that creationists claim that the Earth is flat. I pointed out that the Bible describes the Earth as Flat, and not just once but several times. Supposedly if something is important in the Bible the same idea is presented multiple times. So I guess it is important to believe in a Flat Earth, yet creationists don't

Isn't that being a bit hypocritical?
adif understanding

Little Hocking, OH

#80146 Mar 9, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
I see you failed geometry as well as science. There are quite a few verses in the Bible that would work only if the Earth were flat. From the New Testament to the Old Testament. The Bible describes a flat Earth. For example when Satan supposedly took Jesus to a high peak to show him "all the kingdoms of the Earth". That feat could only be accomplished on a flat earth. From the highest peak of the Earth you can see on the order of only 1% of the surface of the Earth since the Earth is round. It it were flat you could see the entire Earth.
Here is link to someone who collected quite a few of the verses that describe either a flat or a geocentric Earth:
http://www.lhup.edu/~dsimanek/febible.htm
I suppose for the actual creation myth to be debunked Darwin put the final nails in that coffin. Geologists had already debunked Noah's Ark at least 50 years before Darwin. What is a bit humorous is that many of the original Geologists went looking for evidence to support the idea of a worldwide flood. They found that was not the case.
Lol.. You lied to me. You said you do not visit atheist sites and here you link to one of the most known atheist who made it part of his life's mission to go around using science to debunk religion. What a tool you are. Science says nothing about religion and debunks nothing outside of stating a scientific path is possible and useful. The verses he quotes are little more then parabols and hyperbole to exaggerate points. His premise is flawed and so is yours as he seriously does not understand the bible.

But you really outdid yourself here. You are saying that a supernatural being took another supernatural being to a high spot and did something that you claim can only be naturally done under the rules you construct so therefor the tales of supernatural beings must be wrong. I find this most humorous as your little mind can't seem to fathom super natural beings doing something super natural. I mean seriously, if you are going to entertain the one, what all the sudden stops you from entertaining the idea of what they did? It's like you are upset because a stripper took her cloths off or something.

Darwin put no nails in any coffin. Do you understand what created means? It means to Bring (something) into existence. The entire premise of evolutionary theory could be part of that creation and you have absolutely no way to scientifically say it wasn't.

And you have the gull to do this out in the open being pretentious and demeaning in the process. Man, you are a riot. Hey, do you do parties, I might like to see you make a complete idiot of yourself in person one of these days. Just make sure you wear your helmet, I don't have insurance to cover you bumping your head again.
adif understanding

Little Hocking, OH

#80148 Mar 9, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
And in my post above where I said the world was "round" I should have been more specific since the Bible sometimes describes a "circle" for the Earth. A circle is a flat two dimensional object. It can also be described as "round". The Earth of course is spherical. Many times when Bible believers try to argue against the Old Testament belief of a Flat Earth they quote verses the describe the world as "round" or circular. The problem is that the verses sited always describe a flat circular Earth in the context that they were written. They do not describe a spherical Earth even though the ancient Jews had a word for both a ball and a flat circle. They do not use the word for a ball when describing the Earth, they use the word for a flat circle.
lol.. And here you are making a fool of yourself some more. It's flat because you say so. I get it. You have to keep up your belief because otherwise you lose purpose and self worth and are nothing but a foolish little boy otherwise. But hey, lay off the pipe a bit.

The problem which I do not expect you to be able to understand is that there was a limited language at the time and concepts and namings in modern language wasn't even invented. The wording of the Bible conveys the proper line of thought, you are the one who is hung up on semantics and are wrong. Hey, how many times does the bible mention homosexuality? None because the term was invented after the bible was written. Boy, I'm a riot just like you.

Do you realize that your world view seems to stem from ill guided misunderstandings based on logical fallacies and inherent abilities to ignore known and accepted facts?

“ROCK ON ROCKERS!!”

Level 8

Since: Mar 11

Rockin' USA ;)

#80149 Mar 9, 2013
IT'S SATURDAY NIGHT..PARTY LIKE A ROCKSTAR ...Wannabe Scholars..

Level 9

Everett, WA

#80150 Mar 9, 2013
<quoted text>Lol.. You lied to me. You said you do not visit atheist sites and here you link to one of the most known atheist who made it part of his life's mission to go around using science to debunk religion. What a tool you are. Science says nothing about religion and debunks nothing outside of stating a scientific path is possible and useful. The verses he quotes are little more then parabols and hyperbole to exaggerate points. His premise is flawed and so is yours as he seriously does not understand the bible.
But you really outdid yourself here. You are saying that a supernatural being took another supernatural being to a high spot and did something that you claim can only be naturally done under the rules you construct so therefor the tales of supernatural beings must be wrong. I find this most humorous as your little mind can't seem to fathom super natural beings doing something super natural. I mean seriously, if you are going to entertain the one, what all the sudden stops you from entertaining the idea of what they did? It's like you are upset because a stripper took her cloths off or something.
Darwin put no nails in any coffin. Do you understand what created means? It means to Bring (something) into existence. The entire premise of evolutionary theory could be part of that creation and you have absolutely no way to scientifically say it wasn't.
And you have the gull to do this out in the open being pretentious and demeaning in the process. Man, you are a riot. Hey, do you do parties, I might like to see you make a complete idiot of yourself in person one of these days. Just make sure you wear your helmet, I don't have insurance to cover you bumping your head again.
No, I said for science that I do not link to atheist sites. And how is that site atheistic? It mere makes fun of a book written by a group of ignorant bronze age sheep humpers. It says nothing about the existence or non-existence of a god or gods.

The fact that your silly beliefs may have been debunked does not make a site atheistic. So that is another fail for you.

I love how believers in nonsense are more than happy to say what amounts to "magic" if their silly beliefs are shown to be wrong.

Okay fool, why did the Devil have to take Jesus anywhere? If he was going to use supernatural powers why didn't he show Jesus the world where they were? That seems a bit silly to claim they had to go somewhere high on the Earth for Devil magic to work.

Level 9

Everett, WA

#80151 Mar 9, 2013
<quoted text>lol.. And here you are making a fool of yourself some more. It's flat because you say so. I get it. You have to keep up your belief because otherwise you lose purpose and self worth and are nothing but a foolish little boy otherwise. But hey, lay off the pipe a bit.
The problem which I do not expect you to be able to understand is that there was a limited language at the time and concepts and namings in modern language wasn't even invented. The wording of the Bible conveys the proper line of thought, you are the one who is hung up on semantics and are wrong. Hey, how many times does the bible mention homosexuality? None because the term was invented after the bible was written. Boy, I'm a riot just like you.
Do you realize that your world view seems to stem from ill guided misunderstandings based on logical fallacies and inherent abilities to ignore known and accepted facts?
No, it is flat because all of the descriptions are of a flat circular Earth in both words used and the context. You do not get to reinterpret the works after the fact in light of "modern" discoveries.

And actually the Bible mentions homosexuality quite a few times. It declares the act as "a man lying with a man".

My god man how incredibly stupid are you?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Denny Crain's Place (May '10) 4 min Simply Put 27,214
Phrases that you don't hear very often (Nov '11) 6 min Gunslinger45 728
News Weird 39 mins ago 11:07 p.m.Woman's Post About ... 24 min wichita-rick 4
The Next Person Game (Mar '11) 29 min andet1987 10,369
"The Road Warriors" Post Your Rides, Past, Pres... 33 min Crazy Jae 2
News Strange bedfellows: Jimmy Carter defends Trump 36 min Lawrence Wolf 208
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 36 min wichita-rick 223,294
What's your tip for the day? (Jul '14) 3 hr Poster 2,318
Poll What are you thinking right now? (May '08) 4 hr Crazy Jae 6,021
More from around the web