Evolution vs. Creation

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008. Full Story

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Level 7

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

#80068 Mar 9, 2013
His-truth wrote:
Oh that's right .. from the gue .. to the zoo .. to you ... OOooops !!.. http://www.gty.org/MediaPlayer/Sermons/80-367 .. then there was man
That's really not how it works, you know.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#80069 Mar 9, 2013
bohart wrote:
<quoted text>
You've done nothing but lie hundreds of times. Tell me again how a maternity ward is proof of abiogenesis? You puddle gooist fundie.
I never lied to you. You have. Like now for instance. I never claimed a maternity ward is proof of abiogenesis, I pointed out that it was evidence of natural chemical processes producing life. Abiogenesis proposes natural chemical processes producing life. You claim natural chemical processes producing life is impossible. You are unable to demonstrate it of course.

“the end-times is now”

Level 2

Since: Feb 13

Location hidden

#80070 Mar 9, 2013
DARWIN = the atheist messiah
EVOLUTION = the atheist religion
HEDONISM = the atheist life style
GOVERNMENT = the atheist church (pending)
just because they say it's not a religion does not mean it's not a religion .. the religion of no-religion .. the first church of no-belief ... until atheists can prove their religious belief .. it will stay a belief ... much much much faith required ... I find some atheists more militant evangelical than most religious folks
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#80071 Mar 9, 2013
bohart wrote:
<quoted text>
Well then for the 572nd time tell me and all humanity how chemistry brought about the first life? Or else your lying!
Abio is still under investigation. I'm not lying though. However abio is still irrelevant to the scientific validity of evolution.

“the end-times is now”

Level 2

Location hidden

#80072 Mar 9, 2013
atheist ( April ) fools day .. coming up soon .. a national holiday ?? I think it should be

I think for this years atheist fools day joke .. I'm going to attend my favorite band / concert .. when it's over .. I'm going to climb up on the stage and thank the instruments and amplifiers for making such great sound .. Ha !! won't that be funny ???.. Ha !!! LOL LOL .... oh, ya killn me
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#80073 Mar 9, 2013
Oscar Wilde_ wrote:
<quoted text>The fact that I know so much about biology is proven by your fear in attempting to provide any biological evidence for evolution. It is a circular argument, biology proves evolution, evolution proves biology
But I have not made the latter claim. Therefore it's not circular.
Oscar Wilde_ wrote:
but there can be no science in it since science does not deal in proves.
And I've never claimed "proof", only evidence. And in fact I've tried to explain the proof thing to xxxoooxxx and bohart many times, but they don't get it either.
Oscar Wilde_ wrote:
Dude, all I see from you are copy/paste which you do not comprehend. If you did, then you would know that they prove or evidence nothing.
All you see is what you want to see. But what I don't see from you is any rational rebuttal, evidence against it, nor even any basic understanding.

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Level 7

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

#80074 Mar 9, 2013
adif understanding wrote:
<quoted text>If we are going to try it again, then lets be accurate. Parts of biological evolution theory is observed and demonstrated but it certainly is not completely observed and demonstrated in it's entirety.
Absent any evidence for or against a deity is no reason to have or not to have an opinion on the diety in the first place. It certainly is not reason to not believe in one if you do choose. The evidence most people have are not the type you can articulate easily and stem from personal experiences. Your lack of belief is no reason for them not to. There is nothing unscientific about it.
My "lack of belief"?

If by that you mean my reluctance to accept your hallucinations as my own, okay.

Point of fact: the fossil record provides a clear and demonstrated line of descent from the earliest life-forms to the most recent.

The geological column provides an accurate time frame for the same.

There is absolutely NO reason to inject a deity into the process.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#80075 Mar 9, 2013
Oscar Wilde_ wrote:
<quoted text>Sorry, clown, you admit to a C. I never got an F in my entire life. So sorry, I went to UCLA and USC on an academic scholarship. I forgot rote learning when I was like 8 years old, and learned analyitical thinking at age 7, creative processing at age 8 and brain expansion at age 10.
Yeah, and there's a guy called HTS on another thread who claimed to have 4 years medical training, but that was quickly shot down. You could be all sorts of smarts, but as long as you keep asking us to present evidence of broken nested hierarchy then you know jack about biology.

“the end-times is now”

Level 2

Location hidden

#80076 Mar 9, 2013
Where Did the Information Come From?

Darwin’s Dilemma explores one of the great mysteries in the history of life: The geologically-sudden appearance of dozens of major complex animal types in the fossil record without any trace of the gradual transitional steps Charles Darwin had predicted. Frequently described as “the Cambrian Explosion,” the development of these new animal types required a massive increase in genetic information.“The big question that the Cambrian Explosion poses is where does all that new information come from?” says Dr. Stephen Meyer, a featured expert in the documentary and author of the book Signature in the Cell: DNA and the Evidence for Intelligent Design ... http://www.darwinsdilemma.org/ .. continue

“the end-times is now”

Level 2

Location hidden

#80077 Mar 9, 2013
“This is a very effective way to present both the theory of intelligent design and the weaknesses of Darwinian evolution in a classroom or any other educational setting.”

A six-part educational series exploring the theory of intelligent design

Where Does the Evidence Lead was created for classroom, group, and individual study. It is based upon the content of Unlocking the Mystery of Life and examines both Darwinian evolution and the scientific case for intelligent design. Six modules (eight to fourteen minutes in duration) each present a specific facet of the debate over the theories of materialistic evolution and design ... http://www.wheredoestheevidencelead.com/ .. continue
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#80078 Mar 9, 2013
His-truth wrote:
DARWIN = the atheist messiah
Agnostic when he died, last I heard.
His-truth wrote:
EVOLUTION = the atheist religion
You are incorrect.

http://www.theclergyletterproject.org/
His-truth wrote:
HEDONISM = the atheist life style
And the evangelical creationist lifestyle - "And Jesus came to me and said get me $18 million by the weekend!"
His-truth wrote:
GOVERNMENT = the atheist church (pending)
Translation: It's not a theocracy.
His-truth wrote:
just because they say it's not a religion does not mean it's not a religion .. the religion of no-religion .. the first church of no-belief ... until atheists can prove their religious belief .. it will stay a belief ... much much much faith required ... I find some atheists more militant evangelical than most religious folks
Sure there's militant atheists. There's a guy who calls himself 'Skeptic' on these boards. I call him Skippy. He's an idiot.

That's got little to do with this thread though.

“the end-times is now”

Level 2

Location hidden

#80079 Mar 9, 2013
THIS IS GREAT .. Origin of Life Video | New Scientific Evidence for Existence of God | 7 Great Lies of Organized Religion
Random Mutation Generator | If You Can Read This, I Can Prove God Exists | Atheist's Riddle vs. Atheists | Blog .. http://perry.fingerprints.s3.amazonaws.com/in... .. continue
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#80080 Mar 9, 2013
His-truth wrote:
Where Did the Information Come From?
Darwin’s Dilemma explores one of the great mysteries in the history of life: The geologically-sudden appearance of dozens of major complex animal types in the fossil record without any trace of the gradual transitional steps Charles Darwin had predicted. Frequently described as “the Cambrian Explosion,” the development of these new animal types required a massive increase in genetic information.“The big question that the Cambrian Explosion poses is where does all that new information come from?” says Dr. Stephen Meyer, a featured expert in the documentary and author of the book Signature in the Cell: DNA and the Evidence for Intelligent Design
Unfortunately they have no evidence for ID. As for the Cambrian explosion, that's not a sudden increase of genetic information, but a sudden increase in fossils. That's due to the development of hard-bodied shells as opposed to the soft-bodied organisms that went before. Just as evolution would predict.

“the end-times is now”

Level 2

Location hidden

#80081 Mar 9, 2013
atheist religious doctrine 101 = We have convinced ourselves that God does not exist .. therefore .. man is the highest authority and the center of the universe .. in other words: each atheist is like a little god unto himself .. determining for himself the definitions of right and wrong . . . totally subjective

“the end-times is now”

Level 2

Location hidden

#80082 Mar 9, 2013
atheist religious doctrine 102 = Because we believe there is no God .. Human life is therefore not sacred and can be exterminated given the proper circumstance / rationalization and will ..
40+ years of legalized abortion ??.. and some might wonder why we have a generation of youth that would take what you have and kill you without a second thought
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#80083 Mar 9, 2013
And that is not part of peer review?
<quoted text>Sigh, ring species is a red hearing. It's the "well, we are almost there so it must be true". Next time you are in a car with someone else driving, try opening a phone book and picking a random address and then saying "well, we are almost there so it must be true" and see how close you get.
Of course I'm not saying observations of ring species are random picks like that, but the credibility simply isn't there yet. We have been managing the breeding and in some cases even created the ring species but we have yet to create a new species because of it. Of course this goes back to the Species problem too.
If they are genetically incompatible then they're different species.
No, you are wrong. The salamanders and gulls I specifically mentioned are claimed as speciation events and there is absolutely no genetic incompatibilities. The only genetic problems they have is the southern salamanders choose not to mate with the northern salamanders. They are genetically identical as a species other then that trait and the gulls are one separate migration paths. After looking for a cite, I see they are backing away from the claim of speciation now and claiming a step in speciation with the salamanders.
I'm not talking about those who are still genetically close enough to breed.
Exactly but that leads to the canine problem in which all breeds of dogs would be considered a separate species with some common ancestors. It presents a problem with reality when we understand and know dogs to be the same species. So how do we know those two sets of fossils that are different species with a common ancestor is not in reality the equivalent of a German Shepard and a Great Dane and the same species if they were alive and observed in real time?
The point is irrelevant since there is still observable change, which is what evolution predicts.
Yep, it sure is. But it is hardley presented as a possibility and generally presented as fact which is not a scientific claim.
Then go take it up with the hard core atheists.(shrug)
bohart

Newport, TN

#80084 Mar 9, 2013
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
I never lied to you. You have. Like now for instance. I never claimed a maternity ward is proof of abiogenesis, I pointed out that it was evidence of natural chemical processes producing life. Abiogenesis proposes natural chemical processes producing life. You claim natural chemical processes producing life is impossible. You are unable to demonstrate it of course.
Here we go again! A maternity ward is proof of existing life producing life. You damn right I claim natural chemical processes without existing life, can produce life. If you claim that you are a seriously brainwashed puddle goo fundie awash in denial. Or just a liar, either one fits.

“the end-times is now”

Level 2

Location hidden

#80085 Mar 9, 2013
"And the evangelical creationist lifestyle - "And Jesus came to me and said get me $18 million by the weekend!"

that would be the Harlot ... not the Bride .. big diff
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#80086 Mar 9, 2013
xxxooxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
"observable mechanisms of intelligence" are all around you. Just because
you fail to knowledge them...doesn't mean they don't exist.
Just because you fail to acknowledge Cosmic Sheep of dimension Zog doesn't mean they don't exist.
xxxooxxx wrote:
by your own incorporation of universal design to advance science you are indirectly acknowledging superior design through mimicking.
Maybe. But you are unable to back up your claim.
xxxooxxx wrote:
you make an mechanical devise of a the solar system, and call this an intelligent process...then claim that the real thing, is not an intelligent process?...sounds like something a monkey would do.(pun intended)
Droll pun. But artificially mimicking nature doesn't necessarily mean nature is designed. It might be, but you have no evidence. So instead you keep pointing to things humans make instead.

"The solar system is designed? Please demonstrate this in an objective manner via the scientific method."

"Here, look! This is an orrery!"
2%

United States

#80087 Mar 9, 2013
His-truth wrote:
atheist religious doctrine 102 = Because we believe there is no God .. Human life is therefore not sacred and can be exterminated given the proper circumstance / rationalization and will ..
40+ years of legalized abortion ??.. and some might wonder why we have a generation of youth that would take what you have and kill you without a second thought
You know the old saying:

"You never hear the shot that kills you"

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Let's Play Song Titles With One Word? 1 min Princess Hey 286
Create "short sentences using the last word" (Aug '12) 5 min andet1987 7,585
Let's play "follow the word" (Jun '08) 7 min Judy 123 46,972
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 7 min Roy 152,477
+=Keep 1 Drop 1=+ 3 STACK (Mar '13) 13 min Princess Hey 7,396
3 Word Advice (Good or Bad) 13 min andet1987 256
4 Word Game (Use Same Letter) 15 min andet1987 222
What are you thinking about now? (Jun '10) 38 min A Noted Ferrerman 25,678
Is it possible to....... 1 hr Sarah 568
Merry Christmas Topix, Thanks For,...? 1 hr Sarah 131