Evolution vs. Creation

Full story: Best of New Orleans

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.
Comments
75,361 - 75,380 of 112,790 Comments Last updated 6 hrs ago

Level 9

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 9, 2013

xxxooxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
apparently science had been keeping that one kinda low key...I wonder why?
ScienceDaily: Your source for the latest research news and science breakthroughs -- updated daily
When The Earth Dried Out
http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2002/02/...
Many geologists agree with this scenario, Moores said. What is controversial is how quickly the Earth changed from a planet covered in water with a few mountainous islands to one with large continental landmasses. According to Moores' theory, the continents emerged quite suddenly, over about 200 million years, at the same time that the supercontinent Rodinia was forming.
There is a huge difference between quite suddenly for geologists and quite suddenly for creationists. It still took 200 million years for the first continents to form.

I know you are tying to defend flood nonsense, but the fact that over a billion years ago the Earth may have been covered with water is not the route to take.

Level 9

Everett, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 9, 2013

adif understanding wrote:
<quoted text>Actually, there is a macro and micro. It is the dividing point in which people claim a species evolves as it's own and when a species evolves into another. The bubble theory of evolution states something of the sorts that the RNA sequent were created like bubbles of foam in the wave action of the ocean. If you tested the foam, it wouldn't be the same 10 meters apart and the primordial soup that generated life was created similar to that. This means that all species are formed at one time and did not evolve from other species outside of semantics used to segregate the timeline of evolution. In other words, a species did not evolve from common ancestors but from unique ancestors and all the diversity in life we see comes from microevolution of the same species created in the same or similar events.
Of course this is just theory as well as the evidence of panspermia events that could cause the same things to happen. The macro evolution or speciation as the creationist and atheist like to call it, has not been observed directly and there is no transitional fossils without employing semantics (manipulation of language) to make findings fit. There is no one universal definition for species and all speciation events attempt to employ up to 5 different ones in order to make the claims.
There was an interesting discussion a while back which included some prominent evolutionist. It came down to the diversity of dogs in which there are so many different species that if we did not have a living specimens to go by and all we had was a fossil record, applying these same rules would have required the majority of breeds of dogs to be classified as different species yet because they are live and well among us, we treat them as breeds or types of the same species.
And as I said in another post, in science, the lack of evidence only means there is a lack of evidence, not that something did not happen, could not happen, or would not happen- only that we do not know if it did or will happen.
What are you smoking? You are not describing anything that the modern or any theory of evolution describes.

When monumental idiocy of this sort appears I demand links.

I don't think you will be able to find any.

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 9, 2013

His-truth wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm sure it can
Then could the hair coverage change in the species after that?
adif understanding

Lancaster, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 9, 2013

Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
What are you smoking? You are not describing anything that the modern or any theory of evolution describes.
When monumental idiocy of this sort appears I demand links.
I don't think you will be able to find any.
You better look again. And this time, stay away from those atheist it's all fact sites.

The bubble theory of evolution is not mainstream, panspermia is not mainstream, but they exist and they are part of the scientific debate on evolution. If you can't grasp that in your little head, then go sit with the creationists in the dunce cap section.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 9, 2013

His-truth wrote:
And of course the proven winner is evolution .. only in the micro .. not the macro ...
Micro, macro, it's all the same. And all been demonstrated.
His-truth wrote:
PS: evolution does not explain origin ...
Gravity doesn't explain origin. But both theories work.
His-truth wrote:
all life is triune .. matter / energy and ...
... and?

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 9, 2013

KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
If ice is simple cause and effect, why can't the origin of the universe be as well?
like I said before...a true void would not contain laws...unless your suggesting that there are eternal laws that stand apart from time and space...such as God?
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 9, 2013

<quoted text>God is just as much a fact as the unknown person who you spoke with the other night. You cannot scientifically prove he/she ever existed or that you actually spoke with someone either. It doesn't change the fact that you spoke with someone.
Actually it can be demonstrated.
A deceased man is found alongside the road with no identification or identifying marks and his identity is completely unknown- No scientific test provides answers to his identity. He didn't magically appear once he died and was found.
Actually a simple blood test would be a clue to his identity. His facial appearance would be a clue to his identity. His fingerprints would be a clue to his identity. Possibly his clothes could be a clue to his identity.

Obviously you would make a LOUSY forensic investigator.
The point wasn't that God existed, it was that science doesn't mean he doesn't exist and the very premise of science could be his creation to boot. There is nothing restricting a God to the bounds of science and any violation of any scientific principle means absolutely nothing in regards to any reality pertaining to a God. It only means that he isn't scientifically testable.
Then if it is not testable then there is no way to distinguish it from BS.
Holding someone to the standard of proof scientifically else it isn't true is not even scientific in and of itself.
Indeed. The Cosmic Sheep from dimension Zog might sound like complete BS. But it COULD be true.
For years, alchemist and metallurgist have attempted to turn lead into gold. The failed but it did not mean it was not possible, only that we didn't know how to do it as recently, we have figured it out in small amounts in a lab setting. So the lack of scientific evidence does not mean something does not exist, only that we have no scientific evidence that it does.
Bingo. And this is what separates science from religious dogma. For it may be possible that in the future more evidence may be discovered that may require us to change existing theories, or on rare occasions throw them out entirely.

But until that time, we stick with the science that works.

Level 9

Everett, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 9, 2013

<quoted text>You better look again. And this time, stay away from those atheist it's all fact sites.
The bubble theory of evolution is not mainstream, panspermia is not mainstream, but they exist and they are part of the scientific debate on evolution. If you can't grasp that in your little head, then go sit with the creationists in the dunce cap section.
What is an "atheist site". I do not use atheist sites, I use science based sites.

You made a ridiculous claim and provided no evidence to support it.

Without evidence idiocy like yours is not only ignored, it is laughed at.

So once again, provide evidence for your idiocy.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 9, 2013

Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually we don'e have any idea what a true void would be like since it seems to be impossible in our universe.
Bush called it the Iron Ridge when he was here!

LOL
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 9, 2013

His-truth wrote:
no .. God is not testable .. God is not bound by time and space ... He created time and space .. god sees the beginning and the end all in one glance ... Hid creation however .. bares his trademark ... intelligence .. proven
If you can't test it then it's not demonstrable. Hence not proven.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 9, 2013

His-truth wrote:
<quoted text>
not at all ... micro can view changes w/in a species .. however .. species to species is not proven .. only presumed
Not presumed, observed. Take ring species for instance.

“what we think we become”

Level 5

Since: Aug 11

above and beyond

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 9, 2013

The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
Micro, macro, it's all the same. And all been demonstrated.
<quoted text>
Gravity doesn't explain origin. But both theories work.
<quoted text>
... and?
Why do you like to use another theory to support the validity of another theory? You love using the example of existence of gravity and its laws/theory that is as valid as the theory of evolution. If so, how does the theory of gravity support the theory of evolution? In your logic, the string theory is a fact because gravity is fact.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 9, 2013

His-truth wrote:
<quoted text>
are you telling me evolution explains origin ??.. Y/N
The theory of evolution does not rely on explaining the origin of life.

The theory of gravity does not rely on explaining the origin of mass.

The germ theory of disease does not rely on explaining the origin of germs.

Yet all three theories work. This is because all they rely on is making successful scientific predictions based on currently observable phenomena.

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 9, 2013

xxxooxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
like I said before...a true void would not contain laws...unless your suggesting that there are eternal laws that stand apart from time and space...such as God?
So now you are saying there was a void at one time? What do you base this presumption on? Also, if everything else demands a creator, then so does your god, what created your god in that case?

“what we think we become”

Level 5

Since: Aug 11

above and beyond

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 9, 2013

Judged:

The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
Not presumed, observed. Take ring species for instance.
observed? where? Did scientists observe one species become another? You are making ridiculous claims now. Evolution in bacteria (e. coli) did not make it non-bacteria. It's still a bacteria. lol

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 9, 2013

Judged:

Oscar Wilde_ wrote:
<quoted text>Trying to compare evolution junk science to creationism, is like trying to claim the homosexuals are born that way but the environment and socialization are the major factors. They fail.
Really? Then where is the evidence for creationism? Scientists have given a ton such evidence for evolution, so far creationists offer nothing. So where is the evidence that your nothing is true?
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 9, 2013

Cybele wrote:
Exactly. They want God to pass the scientific method. How absurd is that? Why would God that created the entire universe become a science experiment? Even if science could provide evidence and can show it to be testable, it would still not have scientific explanation for its entire being. God is beyond the realm of science and human logic.
So is Star Wars.
Cybele wrote:
Science can only get a glimpse of it but not be able to fully explain it.
Actually it can't glimpse it at all.
Cybele wrote:
In fact, we can't even use the scientific method for the origin of all the universes because the laws of physics that we know are bounded in our planet.
I think you mean bound to our universe.
Cybele wrote:
We can't even apply the same laws of physics in Pluto and yet we try to explain blackholes and the big bang with these current laws.
Actually Pluto works fine under Einstein's theory of relativity.
Cybele wrote:
We do know that elements are manufactured in the stars, but can it be testable?
Yes, with the field of spectroscopy.

You are free to deny it but then you would have to deny the claim that our sun is a star. And other stars may as well be nothing more than pinpricks of light through a covered sheet.
Cybele wrote:
Then why would they come up with excuses that there are no intelligent life in other planets or galaxies because we can't possibly reach them and yet they have scientific theories for how stars are formed despite the fact that there is no way we can get to even the nearest star in a lifetime.
Because people who claim that are apologists. Alien life is VERY possible. But the barriers to contacting them are very real.

“the end-times is now”

Level 2

Since: Feb 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 9, 2013

Subduction Zone wrote:
Origins of different species or the origin of life itself? The answer to the first is yes, the answer to the second is no. The origin of life itself is the study of abiogenesis, a separate but related subject. By the way, technically even creationists believe in abiogenesis.
either way .. the origin of life .. all life = triune

energy / matter and ...
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 9, 2013

xxxooxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
apparently science had been keeping that one kinda low key...I wonder why?
If so you wouldn't have been able to link to them.
xxxooxxx wrote:
ScienceDaily: Your source for the latest research news and science breakthroughs -- updated daily
When The Earth Dried Out
http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2002/02/...
Many geologists agree with this scenario, Moores said. What is controversial is how quickly the Earth changed from a planet covered in water with a few mountainous islands to one with large continental landmasses. According to Moores' theory, the continents emerged quite suddenly, over about 200 million years, at the same time that the supercontinent Rodinia was forming.
Cool.

“the end-times is now”

Level 2

Since: Feb 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 9, 2013

The Dude wrote:
The theory of evolution does not rely on explaining the origin of life . The theory of gravity does not rely on explaining the origin of mass . The germ theory of disease does not rely on explaining the origin of germs . Yet all three theories work. This is because all they rely on is making successful scientific predictions based on currently observable phenomena
this may be true .. however .. if evolutionists are claiming that there is no creation .. then somewhere .. evolution is going to have to explain the origin of life ... am I not correct ??

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

116 Users are viewing the Weird Forum right now

Search the Weird Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Alphabetical ways to die (Jul '11) 4 min wichita-rick 10,445
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 5 min Blink-Blink 141,237
+=Keep 1 Drop 1=+ 3 STACK (Mar '13) 7 min CJ Rocker 6,791
My dream job is..... (Nov '13) 33 min wichita-rick 389
best flirting pick up lines... (Sep '08) 35 min YourFace 1,101
In honor of ms Sweeter 37 min CJ Rocker 131
Whatcha' doing? (Apr '12) 43 min Dr_Dirty 6,553
What are you thinking about now? (Jun '10) 2 hr Advice 14,869
What's your tip for the day? 2 hr wichita-rick 228