Evolution vs. Creation

Jan 6, 2011 Read more: Best of New Orleans 160,125
High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008. Read more

“the end-times is now”

Level 2

Since: Feb 13

Location hidden

#79857 Mar 9, 2013
I'm not .. I a lousy typist .. forgive me

“the end-times is now”

Level 2

Location hidden

#79858 Mar 9, 2013
And of course the proven winner is evolution .. only in the micro .. not the macro . . . PS: evolution does not explain origin . . . all life is triune .. matter / energy and ...
adif understanding

Lancaster, OH

#79859 Mar 9, 2013
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
Indeed. But by the same token we could all be trapped in the Matrix. Both claims are just as valid.
<quoted text>
Except "God" is not a fact. It so far doesn't even rise to the level of testable hypothesis.
<quoted text>
Or it is possible that no such being exists.
God is just as much a fact as the unknown person who you spoke with the other night. You cannot scientifically prove he/she ever existed or that you actually spoke with someone either. It doesn't change the fact that you spoke with someone. A deceased man is found alongside the road with no identification or identifying marks and his identity is completely unknown- No scientific test provides answers to his identity. He didn't magically appear once he died and was found.

The point wasn't that God existed, it was that science doesn't mean he doesn't exist and the very premise of science could be his creation to boot. There is nothing restricting a God to the bounds of science and any violation of any scientific principle means absolutely nothing in regards to any reality pertaining to a God. It only means that he isn't scientifically testable. Holding someone to the standard of proof scientifically else it isn't true is not even scientific in and of itself. For years, alchemist and metallurgist have attempted to turn lead into gold. The failed but it did not mean it was not possible, only that we didn't know how to do it as recently, we have figured it out in small amounts in a lab setting. So the lack of scientific evidence does not mean something does not exist, only that we have no scientific evidence that it does.

Level 9

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

#79860 Mar 9, 2013
His-truth wrote:
And of course the proven winner is evolution .. only in the micro .. not the macro ... PS: evolution does not explain origin ... all life is triune .. matter / energy and ...
There is no micro or macro evolution. It is all evolution. Creationists have never been able to prove that there is a limit to evolution or where that limit is.

Evolution is still the winner. There is no evidence of "intelligence".

“the end-times is now”

Level 2

Location hidden

#79861 Mar 9, 2013
no .. God is not testable .. God is not bound by time and space . . . He created time and space .. god sees the beginning and the end all in one glance . . . Hid creation however .. bares his trademark . . . intelligence .. proven

“the end-times is now”

Level 2

Location hidden

#79862 Mar 9, 2013
I type w/ ten thumbs and have lisdexia .. forgive me

“the end-times is now”

Level 2

Location hidden

#79863 Mar 9, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
There is no micro or macro evolution. It is all evolution. Creationists have never been able to prove that there is a limit to evolution or where that limit is.
Evolution is still the winner. There is no evidence of "intelligence".
not at all ... micro can view changes w/in a species .. however .. species to species is not proven .. only presumed

“the end-times is now”

Level 2

Location hidden

#79864 Mar 9, 2013
"There is no evidence of "intelligence"

really ??.. tell me the difference between a rock and an Indian arrowhead

Level 9

Everett, WA

#79865 Mar 9, 2013
His-truth wrote:
<quoted text>
not at all ... micro can view changes w/in a species .. however .. species to species is not proven .. only presumed
Wrong again. We have more than enough evidence in genetics alone that shows evolution happened. ERV's are a slam dunk for evolution all by themselves. Creatards have no answer for them.

“the end-times is now”

Level 2

Location hidden

#79866 Mar 9, 2013
is this one to tough ??.. I'm feeln like a knap

Level 9

Everett, WA

#79867 Mar 9, 2013
His-truth wrote:
Alright, first define what you mean by "intelligence". If you mean that godidit then no, there is no evidence for intelligence. An arrowhead can be demonstrated to have been made by man. We can show a man making one. And before you try to compare an arrowhead to life here is one simple question that you should ask yourself: "Can an arrowhead reproduce?"

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#79868 Mar 9, 2013
xxxooxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
so your trying to use an example of cause and effect to show that a effect can and happen without a cause?
If ice is simple cause and effect, why can't the origin of the universe be as well?

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Seattle

#79869 Mar 9, 2013
His-truth wrote:
Rocks are the result of natural processes.

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Seattle

#79870 Mar 9, 2013
His-truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Okay, so the skin coloring of the species can change.

“the end-times is now”

Level 2

Location hidden

#79871 Mar 9, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
Wrong again. We have more than enough evidence in genetics alone that shows evolution happened. ERV's are a slam dunk for evolution all by themselves. Creatards have no answer for them.
are you telling me evolution explains origin ??.. Y/N

“what we think we become”

Level 5

Since: Aug 11

above and beyond

#79872 Mar 9, 2013
adif understanding wrote:
<quoted text>God is just as much a fact as the unknown person who you spoke with the other night. You cannot scientifically prove he/she ever existed or that you actually spoke with someone either. It doesn't change the fact that you spoke with someone. A deceased man is found alongside the road with no identification or identifying marks and his identity is completely unknown- No scientific test provides answers to his identity. He didn't magically appear once he died and was found.
The point wasn't that God existed, it was that science doesn't mean he doesn't exist and the very premise of science could be his creation to boot. There is nothing restricting a God to the bounds of science and any violation of any scientific principle means absolutely nothing in regards to any reality pertaining to a God. It only means that he isn't scientifically testable. Holding someone to the standard of proof scientifically else it isn't true is not even scientific in and of itself. For years, alchemist and metallurgist have attempted to turn lead into gold. The failed but it did not mean it was not possible, only that we didn't know how to do it as recently, we have figured it out in small amounts in a lab setting. So the lack of scientific evidence does not mean something does not exist, only that we have no scientific evidence that it does.
Exactly. They want God to pass the scientific method. How absurd is that? Why would God that created the entire universe become a science experiment? Even if science could provide evidence and can show it to be testable, it would still not have scientific explanation for its entire being. God is beyond the realm of science and human logic. Science can only get a glimpse of it but not be able to fully explain it. In fact, we can't even use the scientific method for the origin of all the universes because the laws of physics that we know are bounded in our planet. We can't even apply the same laws of physics in Pluto and yet we try to explain blackholes and the big bang with these current laws. We do know that elements are manufactured in the stars, but can it be testable? Then why would they come up with excuses that there are no intelligent life in other planets or galaxies because we can't possibly reach them and yet they have scientific theories for how stars are formed despite the fact that there is no way we can get to even the nearest star in a lifetime.

“the end-times is now”

Level 2

Location hidden

#79873 Mar 9, 2013
"Creatards" ... now you're just showing me you're not worthy of discussion ... apologize

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Seattle

#79874 Mar 9, 2013
His-truth wrote:
<quoted text>
are you telling me evolution explains origin ??.. Y/N
Can the skin color of a species change?

Level 9

Everett, WA

#79875 Mar 9, 2013
His-truth wrote:
"Creatards" ... now you're just showing me you're not worthy of discussion ... apologize
No. Creatards is an apt descriptive term for most creationists.

If you refuse to look at evidence. If you don't even know the meaning of evidence. If you go to lying sites for science after it is explained to you how they lie and some of them even openly admit that they will lie. Then you are a creatard.

Sadly this word applies to far too many creationists.

I have not called you a creatard yet. You have not shown that you fully deserve it, though you have been going to creatard sites for your "science".

“the end-times is now”

Level 2

Location hidden

#79876 Mar 9, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Can the skin color of a species change?
I'm sure it can

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Poll How long till "Joy" aka Geno gets off work? 1 min Ferretman 2
Poll Who is andet1987? 1 min andet1987 2
6 letter word ...change one letter game (Oct '08) 2 min whatimeisit 28,419
Poll Why does Harley Honey have so much time to troll? 3 min Ferretman 2
Poll What happened to the thread Why is Geno posting... 3 min Joyeno 1
~`*`~ Create a sentence using the 'letters' of ... (Oct '12) 5 min Hoosier Hillbilly 2,182
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 7 min I Am No One_ 161,131
motorcycle traveling stories 18 min harleyhoney 506
News Watch the bizarre moment when Scott Disick SHAV... 1 hr DILF 10
El's Kitchen (Feb '09) 2 hr TALLYHO 8541 40,174
JUST SAY SOMETHING. Whatever comes to mind!! (Aug '09) 2 hr Hoosier Hillbilly 28,831
More from around the web