Evolution vs. Creation

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008. Full Story

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#79799 Mar 8, 2013
bohart wrote:
<quoted text>
How typical of you , Succubus wench .He asked for you to explain, and you , as usual , bathed in denial ,duck, cover and run.Tell him the tale of the miraculous goo, how all life sprang from the goo and spread.
Yes, he asked for an explanation to a lot of things, and scientific explanations are not simple, that's why you don't understand, or like, them.

“Darwin was right..of course.”

Level 9

Since: Jun 11

Tempe, AZ.

#79800 Mar 8, 2013
Carchar king wrote:
How could all matter on earth be created, it can't just pop out of thin air. Animals couldn't of just popped out air and the universe.
Explain to me how space, not earth, space could be created without a god.
dust couldn't do it, it can't pop out of thin air and do all this.
So explain.
Most all of it can be explained easily...the one thing still being worked on is the universe. We may never know exactly, but we'll keep working on it.

All of the other stuff is easy now, but it will take lots of time and concentration. I've worked on it for many many years and I still learn something new nearly everyday.

“The Intrepid”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#79801 Mar 9, 2013
Lil Ticked wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =R3unPcJDbCcXX
http://www.youtube.com/watch...
Perception is everything.
Yep.

http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2008/...

Who would need electronic entertainment with this type of visuals?

Geez, this is gonna mess with my dreams tonight.
d-pants

United States

#79802 Mar 9, 2013
Darn biology proving a worn out 150 year old theory wrong. I love it though, people still want to argue something with no fossil record to prove it, and when they look at the human gene compared to any other animal, they still think the burden of proof isn't on them. Darwinism must support some political beliefs of theirs.

Level 2

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#79803 Mar 9, 2013
thewordofme wrote:
<quoted text>
There was no 'Garden of Eden' we know this because we know there was never an Adam and Eve as written in the Bible. Mankind probably evolved in the Ethiopian area of Africa. By the way all humankind originally came from Africa, and almost all non-Afican's today carry a small percentage of Neanderthal genes/blood.
Your opinion.
You can not deny the written word of God.
All your assertions about the bible can not be completely ruled out by you or any one. There was a great flood, there was a first man and woman and many more.

Level 2

Location hidden

#79804 Mar 9, 2013
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
Irrelevant.
Yours is malfunctioning however.
Irrelevant.
Without the brain, there is no science nor technology. God created the brain not man, technology or science.

Level 2

Location hidden

#79807 Mar 9, 2013
thewordofme wrote:
<quoted text>
Charles, I have admitted that we have no *direct* evidence that God is not real.
What we do have however is powerful and true circumstantial evidence that the whole thing is merely myth, and it is very strong evidence. It is evidence that you apparently refuse to look at or acknowledge.
We can, with scientific evidence that can be looked at and repeated, show you science that disproves the very foundational stories of your holy book.
I ask why you keep coming to this forum because I don't understand what the attraction is to you. You know you are going to get slammed by the atheist and freethinker crowd that congregates here. Almost daily you are called names. You never present any data to back up your position.
And again Bill, this is a public forum for all. Saying things you or any so called atheist and free thinkers have, can never change the reality of God. Mark my word!

Level 2

Location hidden

#79808 Mar 9, 2013
thewordofme wrote:
<quoted text>
1. We don't know for sure at this time.
2. ALL the applicable evidence points to us descending from the great ape line. As I've said before: archaeological, paleoanthropological, and DNA all concur independently.
The Smithsonian Institute has a really good website that answers these questions really well.
http://humanorigins.si.edu/evidence/genetics/...
Religion has no way to debunk the evidence...it is solid and true. Every time religion has tried to debunk science it failed horribly. So I predict that religion WILL have to accept what I am saying and somehow do a workaround.
A simple answer, you don't know.
Using the phrase, " for now" , makes your idea of science to be faith based.

Level 2

Location hidden

#79809 Mar 9, 2013
thewordofme wrote:
<quoted text>
1. We don't know for sure at this time.
2. ALL the applicable evidence points to us descending from the great ape line. As I've said before: archaeological, paleoanthropological, and DNA all concur independently.
The Smithsonian Institute has a really good website that answers these questions really well.
http://humanorigins.si.edu/evidence/genetics/...
Religion has no way to debunk the evidence...it is solid and true. Every time religion has tried to debunk science it failed horribly. So I predict that religion WILL have to accept what I am saying and somehow do a workaround.
Lastly, science is wonderful. But science can not go beyond its limits or boundaries.
God created the universe and living things. Period.
FREE SERVANT

Bellevue, WA

#79810 Mar 9, 2013
Carchar king wrote:
How could all matter on earth be created, it can't just pop out of thin air. Animals couldn't of just popped out air and the universe.
Explain to me how space, not earth, space could be created without a god.
dust couldn't do it, it can't pop out of thin air and do all this.
So explain.
It was an extraordinary occurrence that surpasses all known human powers or natural forces and is ascribed to the divine high principles and standards and glory due to the Creator. Jesus displayed this power when he done miracles like the turning of water into wine, which became the best wine at once.

“I see quantum effects”

Level 2

Since: Jan 11

In the macro world.

#79811 Mar 9, 2013
bohart wrote:
<quoted text>
How typical of you , Succubus wench .He asked for you to explain, and you , as usual , bathed in denial ,duck, cover and run.Tell him the tale of the miraculous goo, how all life sprang from the goo and spread.
Repeat after me:

"I don't know" does not equate to "goddidit".

There.

That didn't hurt at all, now, didit.

“All things considered”

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#79812 Mar 9, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Is ice created or is it the result of water molecules losing energy?
so your trying to use an example of cause and effect to show that a effect can and happen without a cause?

“All things considered”

Location hidden

#79813 Mar 9, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually we don'e have any idea what a true void would be like since it seems to be impossible in our universe.
the concept of a true void in not really that hard to grasp...but a true void being impossible in the universe seems very plausible.

In the same light... I find the claim of an effect, without a cause very unplausible...

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#79814 Mar 9, 2013
So, Free Servant, what about all the species we know weren't created 'in the beginning?'

have there been multiple creation events? Again, it would seem your god ALMOST got it right when describing his own creation event...

“All things considered”

Location hidden

#79815 Mar 9, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
So, Free Servant, what about all the species we know weren't created 'in the beginning?'
have there been multiple creation events? Again, it would seem your god ALMOST got it right when describing his own creation event...
Creation is a on going process. Or haven't you notice? God is continually creating and expanding the diversity of life...God abhors vacuum.

FREE SERVANT

Bellevue, WA

#79816 Mar 9, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
There was one beginning of life according to my understanding and those living things before all others were killed in the great flood. Noah replenished the earth with chosen species and the birds were used to reseed the earth. With God all things can be done and he arranged this and new life came to be.

“Pissing people off since 1949”

Level 8

Since: Apr 08

Indianapolis, IN

#79817 Mar 9, 2013
xxxooxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
thought so...lol...always a claim of evidence, but no evidence presented.
Bull. You might disagree with the interpretation of the evidence but to say there is none and it's never been presented is a flat out lie. Why do you folks have to lie so much? Just for consistency?

Level 8

Indianapolis, IN

#79818 Mar 9, 2013
FREE SERVANT wrote:
<quoted text>There was one beginning of life according to my understanding and those living things before all others were killed in the great flood. Noah replenished the earth with chosen species and the birds were used to reseed the earth. With God all things can be done and he arranged this and new life came to be.
Perfect! Speaking of evidence that has never been presented. Now how about your side produce the evidence of this.

Level 8

Indianapolis, IN

#79819 Mar 9, 2013
xxxooxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
Creation is a on going process. Or haven't you notice? God is continually creating and expanding the diversity of life...God abhors vacuum.
And, evidently, he abhors the vast majority of his creations since he keeps killing them off. But then, he's noted for such behavior.

Level 9

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

#79820 Mar 9, 2013
MikeF wrote:
<quoted text>
Bull. You might disagree with the interpretation of the evidence but to say there is none and it's never been presented is a flat out lie. Why do you folks have to lie so much? Just for consistency?
Without lies they have nothing.

I have yet to meet an honest informed creationist. Honest creationists will quickly become informed creationists and then no longer be creationists. I think part of the reason that they actively refuse to learn is that they can see the writing on the wall.

They do not want to be swallowed up by what they perceive to be an immoral philosophy. If lying and cheating will "save" them then that is what they think they have to do.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The BIZARRE reasons why men rape in India 4 min Scholar 1,092
BAN(N) the P0STER Above you !!! (Feb '14) 5 min dragoon70056 2,885
For Dear FlowerChild (Dec '07) 5 min Will Dockery 24,116
Personality Test 5 min Independent1 10
Merry Christmas from Enzo! (Dec '13) 7 min Enzo49 18
Word Association 2 (Sep '13) 12 min wesley 7,605
Let's Play Song Titles With One Word? 34 min X Crypsis X 336
What are you thinking about now? (Jun '10) 35 min Mega Monster 25,741
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 45 min CJ Rocker 152,537
More from around the web