Evolution vs. Creation

Evolution vs. Creation

There are 164702 comments on the Best of New Orleans story from Jan 6, 2011, titled Evolution vs. Creation. In it, Best of New Orleans reports that:

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Best of New Orleans.

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

#79782 Mar 8, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>So are you claiming that you came from "da range"?
No this is not intended to be a big complement but you can't be from that range. You're too intelligent for that. The iron range is like West Virginia. Shudders......,

Level 9

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

#79783 Mar 8, 2013
xxxooxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
besides, I watched the videos on the subject before.
I'm not buying.
I know "political" science when I see it.
Hardly "political science". He can back up his claims with real science. It might be a bit difficult to understand, and the real science would take years to understand, but it is real science nonetheless.

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Seattle

#79784 Mar 8, 2013
xxxooxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
besides, I watched the videos on the subject before.
I'm not buying.
I know "political" science when I see it.
So if you don't like the science, it's "political." That's sort of ... well ... stupid.
anonymous

Barberton, OH

#79785 Mar 8, 2013
Kong_ wrote:
<quoted text>
Ah.
EVERYBODY's out to getchya, huh?
(and you're still wrong about homosexuality)
And you're still not posting an empirical argument.

... let me know when you plan to introduce some form of science into your reply.

“what we think we become”

Level 5

Since: Aug 11

above and beyond

#79786 Mar 8, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
No, we are a species of ape, and we share the same ancestors as other apes, chimps, and monkeys.
Yes I know I was about to tell you that but SZ beat me into it.

I was talking about hominid species, what's wrong with calling them more ape like?

“You are what you eat”

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#79787 Mar 8, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
Hardly "political science". He can back up his claims with real science. It might be a bit difficult to understand, and the real science would take years to understand, but it is real science nonetheless.
like I said before... a true void would contain no laws of physics.

so your argument of physics, producing anything out of a true void is a contradiction.

Level 9

Everett, WA

#79788 Mar 8, 2013
Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
No this is not intended to be a big complement but you can't be from that range. You're too intelligent for that. The iron range is like West Virginia. Shudders......,
I had a mechanical engineer roommate from da range. He was not the brightest student, but he did okay. Of course he left the area. It has probably gotten worse over the years.

“You are what you eat”

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#79789 Mar 8, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
So if you don't like the science, it's "political." That's sort of ... well ... stupid.
well you can gobble it up all ya want...feel free.

Level 9

Everett, WA

#79790 Mar 8, 2013
xxxooxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
like I said before... a true void would contain no laws of physics.
so your argument of physics, producing anything out of a true void is a contradiction.
Actually we don'e have any idea what a true void would be like since it seems to be impossible in our universe.

“In God we trust”

Level 7

Since: Dec 12

Cape Town, South Africa

#79791 Mar 8, 2013
I have evidence but's it's too big to post.

“Darwin was right..of course.”

Level 9

Since: Jun 11

Evolution is true.....

#79792 Mar 8, 2013
xxxooxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
so you have the earth covered in water...sometime in the past...and science concurring to this fact...with the only difference being the time frame of reference.
To the best of my knowledge, the whole earth has never been covered completely in water in the last 20,000,000 years....at least.

I have never seen any evidence at all that the earth was completely covered in water at any time

“In God we trust”

Level 7

Since: Dec 12

Cape Town, South Africa

#79793 Mar 8, 2013
How could all matter on earth be created, it can't just pop out of thin air. Animals couldn't of just popped out air and the universe.

Explain to me how space, not earth, space could be created without a god.

dust couldn't do it, it can't pop out of thin air and do all this.

So explain.

Level 9

Evolution is true.....

#79794 Mar 8, 2013
xxxooxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
Early Earth 'was covered in water'
http://www.earthdive.com/site/news/newsdetail...
Read the data from your link....the earth was not completely covered.

Level 9

Evolution is true.....

#79795 Mar 8, 2013
Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
Are You going to make me start post it all here?
No need to post anything...I've seen it all, and none of it is provable. The flood never happened.

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Seattle

#79796 Mar 8, 2013
Carchar king wrote:
How could all matter on earth be created, it can't just pop out of thin air. Animals couldn't of just popped out air and the universe.
So explain.
Um, you have a lot to learn about science, existence, and the universe ... more than anyone can teach you in one post.
bohart

Newport, TN

#79797 Mar 8, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Um, you have a lot to learn about science, existence, and the universe ... more than anyone can teach you in one post.
How typical of you , Succubus wench .He asked for you to explain, and you , as usual , bathed in denial ,duck, cover and run.Tell him the tale of the miraculous goo, how all life sprang from the goo and spread.

Level 9

Evolution is true.....

#79798 Mar 8, 2013
bohart wrote:
<quoted text>
How typical of you , Succubus wench .He asked for you to explain, and you , as usual , bathed in denial ,duck, cover and run.Tell him the tale of the miraculous goo, how all life sprang from the goo and spread.
Ohhh....you're so mean. she tells the truth here idiot. Nothing of that magnitude can be explained easily.

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Seattle

#79799 Mar 8, 2013
bohart wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, he asked for an explanation to a lot of things, and scientific explanations are not simple, that's why you don't understand, or like, them.

Level 9

Evolution is true.....

#79800 Mar 8, 2013
Carchar king wrote:
So explain.
Most all of it can be explained easily...the one thing still being worked on is the universe. We may never know exactly, but we'll keep working on it.

All of the other stuff is easy now, but it will take lots of time and concentration. I've worked on it for many many years and I still learn something new nearly everyday.

“Is that all you've got?”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#79801 Mar 9, 2013
Lil Ticked wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =R3unPcJDbCcXX
http://www.youtube.com/watch...
Perception is everything.
Yep.

http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2008/...

Who would need electronic entertainment with this type of visuals?

Geez, this is gonna mess with my dreams tonight.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News 'John Wayne Day' in Texas Honors Actor's 108th ... 1 hr Tea Bag Residue C... 111
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 1 hr wichita-rick 163,238
Keep a Word.....Drop a Word Game (Sep '13) 1 hr _FLATLINE-------- 8,146
News Police take stray pig into custody outside Detr... 1 hr Stephany McDowell 1
Carnivals need to be sued for discrimination vi... 1 hr Tea Bag Residue C... 15
Happy Birthday, El. 1 hr Grace Nerissa 1
20,000th Post Wins - 2d Edition (Jan '13) 2 hr NinaRocks 2,374
El's Kitchen (Feb '09) 3 hr TALLYHO 8541 40,805
What Could Be Hot? 4 hr Lawrence Wolf 225
BAN(N) the P0STER Above you !!! (Feb '14) 6 hr Brandiiiiiiii 4,635
More from around the web