Evolution vs. Creation

Evolution vs. Creation

There are 221272 comments on the Best of New Orleans story from Jan 6, 2011, titled Evolution vs. Creation. In it, Best of New Orleans reports that:

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Best of New Orleans.

“I see quantum effects”

Level 2

Since: Jan 11

In the macro world.

#79811 Mar 9, 2013
bohart wrote:
<quoted text>
How typical of you , Succubus wench .He asked for you to explain, and you , as usual , bathed in denial ,duck, cover and run.Tell him the tale of the miraculous goo, how all life sprang from the goo and spread.
Repeat after me:

"I don't know" does not equate to "goddidit".

There.

That didn't hurt at all, now, didit.

“point instant”

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#79812 Mar 9, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Is ice created or is it the result of water molecules losing energy?
so your trying to use an example of cause and effect to show that a effect can and happen without a cause?

“point instant”

Location hidden

#79813 Mar 9, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually we don'e have any idea what a true void would be like since it seems to be impossible in our universe.
the concept of a true void in not really that hard to grasp...but a true void being impossible in the universe seems very plausible.

In the same light... I find the claim of an effect, without a cause very unplausible...

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#79814 Mar 9, 2013
So, Free Servant, what about all the species we know weren't created 'in the beginning?'

have there been multiple creation events? Again, it would seem your god ALMOST got it right when describing his own creation event...

“point instant”

Location hidden

#79815 Mar 9, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
So, Free Servant, what about all the species we know weren't created 'in the beginning?'
have there been multiple creation events? Again, it would seem your god ALMOST got it right when describing his own creation event...
Creation is a on going process. Or haven't you notice? God is continually creating and expanding the diversity of life...God abhors vacuum.

FREE SERVANT
#79816 Mar 9, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
There was one beginning of life according to my understanding and those living things before all others were killed in the great flood. Noah replenished the earth with chosen species and the birds were used to reseed the earth. With God all things can be done and he arranged this and new life came to be.

“Pissing people off since 1949”

Level 8

Since: Apr 08

Indianapolis, IN

#79817 Mar 9, 2013
xxxooxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
thought so...lol...always a claim of evidence, but no evidence presented.
Bull. You might disagree with the interpretation of the evidence but to say there is none and it's never been presented is a flat out lie. Why do you folks have to lie so much? Just for consistency?

Level 8

Indianapolis, IN

#79818 Mar 9, 2013
FREE SERVANT wrote:
<quoted text>There was one beginning of life according to my understanding and those living things before all others were killed in the great flood. Noah replenished the earth with chosen species and the birds were used to reseed the earth. With God all things can be done and he arranged this and new life came to be.
Perfect! Speaking of evidence that has never been presented. Now how about your side produce the evidence of this.

Level 8

Indianapolis, IN

#79819 Mar 9, 2013
xxxooxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
Creation is a on going process. Or haven't you notice? God is continually creating and expanding the diversity of life...God abhors vacuum.
And, evidently, he abhors the vast majority of his creations since he keeps killing them off. But then, he's noted for such behavior.

Level 9

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

#79820 Mar 9, 2013
MikeF wrote:
<quoted text>
Bull. You might disagree with the interpretation of the evidence but to say there is none and it's never been presented is a flat out lie. Why do you folks have to lie so much? Just for consistency?
Without lies they have nothing.

I have yet to meet an honest informed creationist. Honest creationists will quickly become informed creationists and then no longer be creationists. I think part of the reason that they actively refuse to learn is that they can see the writing on the wall.

They do not want to be swallowed up by what they perceive to be an immoral philosophy. If lying and cheating will "save" them then that is what they think they have to do.

“what we think we become”

Level 5

Since: Aug 11

above and beyond

#79821 Mar 9, 2013
MikeF wrote:
<quoted text>
And, evidently, he abhors the vast majority of his creations since he keeps killing them off. But then, he's noted for such behavior.
If you have sense of spirituality you would understand why we die. Get a clue, or a soul.

Level 8

Indianapolis, IN

#79822 Mar 9, 2013
Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
If you have sense of spirituality you would understand why we die. Get a clue, or a soul.
Speaking of clues, you have no idea what I was referring to, do you?
The Dude

Macclesfield, UK

#79823 Mar 9, 2013
Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
Which on the got two one in Star Trek IV
Can you name the episode where they got the other one?
The Enterprise Incident, where Kirk disguised himself as a Romulan when the ship was surrounded by three KR-class cruisers.

Then there was the phased cloaking device in TNG, where the Enterprise hid from a Romulan Warbird inside a small asteroid. Can't remember the name of that episode off the top of my head.

Then of course they were given one of their own by the Romulans for the Defiant on DS9.
The Dude

Macclesfield, UK

#79824 Mar 9, 2013
Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
Lmao!
Ya right that would be a first !!!!
"So Koder was correct."
LOL
Going by what was given in the linky, Koder *is* correct.
The Dude

Macclesfield, UK

#79825 Mar 9, 2013
xxxooxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
so you actually have that much faith that you would believe that science could tell that there was 2% land mass on the earth 2.5 billion years ago?...without margin of error greater that 1%?
talked about brained washed...lol
I already pointed out that the link gave no scientific reference so I never actually made a commentary on how valid it was either way. I just pointed out how you were dishonestly cherry-picking what was convenient. THEN I pointed out that YOUR error margin was greater than SIX THOUSAND percent. So I worry very little about whatever ad-homs you throw my way, all things considered.(shrug)
The Dude

Macclesfield, UK

#79826 Mar 9, 2013
bohart wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, yeah,yeah why don't you just provide a wiki link to the abiogenesis myth, click your heels three times , and repeat life created itself, life created itself, life......
No need. You've been debunked in that area hundreds of times already. Just like you ran away every time you were demonstrated incorrect re your baseless opinions on abiogenesis, you ran away here and changed the subject again. Ah well, at least you are safe in knowledgeability of how to have a good time at a creationist country music festival. In that case I would certainly defer to your expertise.

“Darwin was right..of course.”

Level 9

Since: Jun 11

Evolution is true.....

#79827 Mar 9, 2013
FREE SERVANT wrote:
<quoted text>There was one beginning of life according to my understanding and those living things before all others were killed in the great flood. Noah replenished the earth with chosen species and the birds were used to reseed the earth. With God all things can be done and he arranged this and new life came to be.
You do know that we have/know the timeline of when various animals came and went in the history of earth?

You do know that this timeline doesn't quite match what you are saying about our history?
The Dude

Macclesfield, UK

#79828 Mar 9, 2013
Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
If you have sense of spirituality you would understand why we die.
Yup. The Second Law of Thermodynamics.
Cybele wrote:
Get a clue, or a soul.
The Dude

Macclesfield, UK

#79829 Mar 9, 2013
MAAT wrote:
<quoted text>
In the garden-story god is not all knowing and the jewish interprtation is about free-will. Free to accept religion.
or like moses would say: by seeing the grace of our ways others are free to accept.
Ideas of all-knowing/present/mighty etc. came with christianity.
But exactly those ideas can easily be disproved. Christine M going into history on this board with E=mc^2. And kittenkoder with evolution having no direction.
Ah, but (a) God would not be bound by Einstein's equations, as it would exist in some sort of multiverse (heaven perhaps?) while making our universe, and perhaps others. Scientists already suspect that if other universes exist they could have different laws of physics at play in each. And as for evolution having no direction, well that's not a problem either. God could either be guiding it in a manner we're unaware of, or it could simply be playing dice.

Of course the nature of (a) God is still nothing more than philosophical speculation and can't be considered scientific until the fundies manage to come up with a falsifiable concept.
The Dude

Macclesfield, UK

#79830 Mar 9, 2013
bohart wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you comparing,....what for it,.....ice? with the creation of life? Damn you puddle goo people will grasp at anything.
Not really. Both have been scientifically observed to rely on chemistry.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
El's Kitchen (Feb '09) 13 min Enzo49 74,335
News Thousands of demonstrators protest Trump in Atl... 48 min Charles 2,083
2words into 2new words (May '12) 57 min rainmaker2016 8,016
Last two letters into two new words... (Jun '15) 1 hr CJ Rocker 6,567
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 1 hr Freespirit8 215,436
Denny Crain's Place (May '10) 1 hr Denny CranesPlace 21,761
News Chicago artist creates a mural of Michelle Obam... 1 hr okimar 24
What Is Your DREAM JOB? 3 hr DarkSoul___ 46
A to Z songs by title or group! 3 hr CJ Rocker 1,585
More from around the web