Evolution vs. Creation

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008. Full Story

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

#79718 Mar 8, 2013
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>"Just 2% to 3% of the Earth's surface would have been dry land, compared with 28% today."

So Koder was correct.
Lmao!

Ya right that would be a first !!!!

"So Koder was correct."

LOL

“This is the other side”

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#79719 Mar 8, 2013
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
"Just 2% to 3% of the Earth's surface would have been dry land, compared with 28% today."
So Koder was correct.

so you actually have that much faith that you would believe that science could tell that there was 2% land mass on the earth 2.5 billion years ago?...without margin of error greater that 1%?

talked about brained washed...lol

““You must not lose faith ”

Level 5

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

#79720 Mar 8, 2013
pg 3767
Anonymous wrote:
anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
You prove my original point only too well. Today, you claim that homosexuality is "normal". Tomorrow, as your politics suits you, all sexual expression is "normal".
The real ongoing political problem is that gays can't exist in a majority straight community without eventual confrontation. Terms like "pansy" or "drama queen" or "gay" are often terms invented in the homosexual community that eventually attain different meaning in the straight community. Sometimes, there is a bit of a slur to it because the stereotype is typically one where inappropriately effeminate behavior is linked with homosexuality. Other times, terms like "fabulous" or "swag" aren't even starting off as announcements of sexual preference but end up sticking to the stereotype like glue.
One thing here is absolute. You're in a political forum. You were warned that you may encounter opinions that you disagree with, but this is an open discussion. In this realm, YOU started to personally label ME with a slur. YOU are playing the victim while refusing to come out of the closet. YOU are TRAPPED.
As I label it, while trying to avoid sounding like I'm saying "burn the witch!", you serve your master. You just couldn't stop yourself. Now you've exposed your agenda in entirety.
The good little Christians are here to burn ants with a magnifying glass just as much as you are. They're just too cowardly to name their demon.
I give people their chance to back out. Some will always engage in their holy war to the end. You've failed to be a good advocate for science. In some ways I'm glad to make that point. In other ways, I still have some work to do to expose the elitism and prejudice in your political community. Either way, you've failed big time. But feel free to hide behind Woodtick's deliberate ignorance and try to turn it into a popular hate speech you came here to create anyway.
Tsk! Tsk!
end copypaste.

You came in this forum after some political issues were discussed.
One thing you fail to realise is that this board is accessible from various topix nomers.
So while i'm discussing on the evo-forum (i'll admit that i can only repeat so often without getting bored, so i'll entertain discussions with others exploring other venues)you come in from a political angle.
Only when you medicalise homo-sexuality, that can only be done form a bigotted point of view and by denying epigenetics, you can make some points.

You are wrong in your assertions, and frankly started imposing your points of view on all posters here -half are gay: gay is pedophile etc-. And obviously lost sight of it being an intellectual exercise with some premisses and not a contest in ad hominem attacks on all.
It's not entertaining to talk to real life bigots.
You somehow don't notice obvious incompatibility of enlightened anti-bondslavery with concepts as innate badness caused by the fall.
They can't be upheld at the same time.
Pre-determination will always have you trying to medicalise the normal.(Which you than can complain about, as you did i.e. the cost for the tax-payers for medication.)While at the same time excluding predetermination for groups you want to exclude. They suddenly have free-choice.
So i's subjective venting.

imo you're arguements are rambling and illogical.

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Level 7

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

#79721 Mar 8, 2013
KJV wrote:
<quoted text>
The triangle has alway existed and will always exist.
;)
Can one have a triangle without apices?

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Seattle

#79722 Mar 8, 2013
Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
Wrong! When the ice goes out on a lake it does it in a matter of a few hours and it sinks not to the bottom but down a good 5 to 10 feet. I have been on the lake when this takes place. So don't tell me it don't happen.
Nope, ice doesn't sink. Ice floats in water, what you are probably seeing is called an optical illusion, the same way deserts look wet when they are actually dry.

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Seattle

#79723 Mar 8, 2013
xxxooxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
Early Earth 'was covered in water'
http://www.earthdive.com/site/news/newsdetail...
"Just 2% to 3% of the Earth's surface would have been dry land, compared with 28% today."

It was never completely covered. Learn to read your own sources, and posting one that supports the opposing argument is never intelligent.

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Seattle

#79724 Mar 8, 2013
xxxooxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
so you actually have that much faith that you would believe that science could tell that there was 2% land mass on the earth 2.5 billion years ago?...without margin of error greater that 1%?
talked about brained washed...lol
You posted it as a source, so you accept what it states as well, if you call him an idiot, then that makes you one as well. Moron.

“This is the other side”

Location hidden

#79725 Mar 8, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
You posted it as a source, so you accept what it states as well, if you call him an idiot, then that makes you one as well. Moron.
well then, that would also make the writer a moron...since, after all the title of the article is...Early Earth 'was covered in water'

which by the way...would make you a bigger moron.

Level 9

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

#79726 Mar 8, 2013
xxxooxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
well if I have to explain your own scienctific concepts to you...
cosmology is theoretical scienctific ideas of origin.
and the whole debate is about origin...as in origin of species...is it not?
Two totally different topics.

What difference does it make if the universe is steady state or not?

You probably do not understand that subject either.

Level 5

Location hidden

#79727 Mar 8, 2013
thewordofme wrote:
<quoted text>
The steady state model is now largely discredited, as the observational evidence points to a Big Bang-type cosmology and a finite age of the universe.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steady_State_the...
I'll bet the BBC Hardtalk interview with Penrose is the background for xxx00xxx assertions.
bohart

Newport, TN

#79728 Mar 8, 2013
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
Not really. You made wrong statements. I told you why they were wrong. Instead of defending your position you called me names. I again offered to continue discussing the subject. You avoided it. Therefore, and especially considering your positing history, it is not unfair to point out quite rightly that you do not have a clue what you're talking about. Whereas I on the other hand am capable of discussing the subject and can back my claims up with scientific evidence.
To which you then reply with your best Nelson Muntz impression.
Yeah, yeah,yeah why don't you just provide a wiki link to the abiogenesis myth, click your heels three times , and repeat life created itself, life created itself, life......

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Seattle

#79729 Mar 8, 2013
xxxooxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
well then, that would also make the writer a moron...since, after all the title of the article is...Early Earth 'was covered in water'
which by the way...would make you a bigger moron.
Actually no, that ultimately makes you the biggest moron for not reading your sources before posting them. If you had even a small amount of honesty you'd just fess up that you never actually read anything and just plucked the first link with a title that sounded good .... but thank you for demonstrating that you have no honesty either. So you are a dishonest idiot now.

Level 2

Since: Mar 13

Location hidden

#79730 Mar 8, 2013
I hear the Kentucky creation museum is so popular that it is expanding and adding two new wings. Continuing with their established theme,one wing is for Santa Claus and the other is for the Easter Bunny .Three fairy tales in a row .

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Seattle

#79731 Mar 8, 2013
bohart wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, yeah,yeah why don't you just provide a wiki link to the abiogenesis myth, click your heels three times , and repeat life created itself, life created itself, life......
Why do you still insist everything must be created? Is ice created, or the result of water losing all it's energy?

“This is the other side”

Location hidden

#79732 Mar 8, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually no, that ultimately makes you the biggest moron for not reading your sources before posting them. If you had even a small amount of honesty you'd just fess up that you never actually read anything and just plucked the first link with a title that sounded good .... but thank you for demonstrating that you have no honesty either. So you are a dishonest idiot now.
well I have better things to do tonight, than to sit around and sling poop with monkeys.bye.
bohart

Newport, TN

#79733 Mar 8, 2013
oldman75 wrote:
I hear the Kentucky creation museum is so popular that it is expanding and adding two new wings. Continuing with their established theme,one wing is for Santa Claus and the other is for the Easter Bunny .Three fairy tales in a row .
Hey! Santa Claus!, Easter Bunny!, wow, you are funny! I hadn't heard that before on this thread.

Level 5

Location hidden

#79734 Mar 8, 2013
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
No it isn't. In fact it's the complete opposite.
You can't have free will in the face of an all powerful all knowing entity.
Worship or burn. And God already knows what you're gonna "choose" because choice is an illusion.
Either that or God is not God.
In the garden-story god is not all knowing and the jewish interprtation is about free-will. Free to accept religion.
or like moses would say: by seeing the grace of our ways others are free to accept.

Ideas of all-knowing/present/mighty etc. came with christianity.

But exactly those ideas can easily be disproved. Christine M going into history on this board with E=mc^2. And kittenkoder with evolution having no direction.
bohart

Newport, TN

#79736 Mar 8, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Why do you still insist everything must be created? Is ice created, or the result of water losing all it's energy?
Are you comparing,....what for it,.....ice? with the creation of life? Damn you puddle goo people will grasp at anything.

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Seattle

#79737 Mar 8, 2013
xxxooxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
well I have better things to do tonight, than to sit around and sling poop with monkeys.bye.
You still cannot admit you made a mistake. This is why no one takes you, or any other religious person, serious. Your fear of being wrong is what fuels your delusion, it's what prevents you from seeing reality. You simply cannot admit you don't know something, anything, at all, you just have to pretend you know, you have to pretend you are correct, even when the evidence that you are wrong is out for the world to see.

Level 5

Location hidden

#79738 Mar 8, 2013
anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
Knocking over tin soldiers again, eh? Just can't resist.
My point to Charles when I bought up the analogy of homosexuality to pedophilia was that literal interpretations of the bible are useless.
....but you had to knock over your tin soldier. It's what you came here to do. You still serve your master.
Oh so your beef is with Charles!
Well he can use some more flack...dh

But not that anyone else noticed, given the way you implicate everybody.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 9 min wichita-rick 149,559
Change 1 letter game! (Nov '11) 10 min I_d Never Do That 2,565
A real gentleman doesn't (Oct '13) 14 min David0407 855
Make A Sentance out of a 5 letter word. (Nov '09) 14 min Hoosier Hillbilly 29,861
True or False Game 15 min David0407 622
What are you thinking about now? (Jun '10) 19 min dragoon70056 22,541
Goats Milk with Princess (Jan '10) 22 min Hitesrunprincess 46,085
Lets Discuss Men (Dec '13) 22 min dragoon70056 185
Do you have a Topix crush? (Jun '11) 1 hr -Shaman- 7,029

Weird People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE