Evolution vs. Creation

Full story: Best of New Orleans

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.

Comments (Page 3,755)

Showing posts 75,081 - 75,100 of106,291
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

Level 2

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#79522
Mar 8, 2013
 

Judged:

1

ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
I have and I have informed you of it before (several times), yet you refuse to consider it, you ignore it completely because of what, incredulity? Deliberate Ignorance? In bread stupidity? Who knows?
E=MC^2
And i have corrected your errors several times before now.
Humans can not use equations, formulae or what so ever to disprove God.
Human's knowledge is just limited. Don't venture a battle you can never win.

Level 2

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#79523
Mar 8, 2013
 

Judged:

1

woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>the accretion of planetary nebulae material.
Good!
Now tell me vividly how that planetary bodies became earth, jupiter, venus, mars, etc,?

“And the Horse You Rode in On”

Level 1

Since: Sep 08

Minneapolis

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#79524
Mar 8, 2013
 
Cybele wrote:
the name of the father, what about the son?
Don't forget the "Holy Ghost"!

You never know what the Holy Ghost is up to. Comes in handy for dramatic effect and things that can't be explained. Like talking in tongues or spazzing out in a holy tremor!

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#79525
Mar 8, 2013
 

Judged:

1

Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Good!
Now tell me vividly how that planetary bodies became earth, jupiter, venus, mars, etc,?
We named them that. you know after all teh gods and goddesses humans created.

don't worry, some day your god will make it to the big time....

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#79526
Mar 8, 2013
 
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> More of your babbling!
To date, no evidence against the existence of a God.
Period. More of your assertions?
tons of evidence against hte god of YOUR bible...
anonymous

Barberton, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#79527
Mar 8, 2013
 
MAAT wrote:
<quoted text>
What stereotypes? The only ones would be your reactions and your own words and assertions are stereotypes.
What political enemies? See there we go again, you and stereotyping.
You and pedophilia are a match made in heaven, like god present everywhere you look!
...act like a perv or in your case write like a perv stereotyping all and you will be the one perceived as the perv.
The only context is your political pamphlet you keep posting.
The repeated tantrum and whine about all the liberals that are just not buying into our negativity. Yeah sure it must be a CONSPIRACY orchestrated by MAAT.
And now you reduced yourself to BE the issue of free will and innate bad.
It's rather boring reading since you do not research nor question, but act as if you invented it yesterday!
Congrats [...].That's rich from the guy that consideres two lines on the consistency of sperm an essay and that did not get one iota on the biological and medical importance of the presented evidence on energy regulation in the body.
You prove my original point only too well. Today, you claim that homosexuality is "normal". Tomorrow, as your politics suits you, all sexual expression is "normal".

The real ongoing political problem is that gays can't exist in a majority straight community without eventual confrontation. Terms like "pansy" or "drama queen" or "gay" are often terms invented in the homosexual community that eventually attain different meaning in the straight community. Sometimes, there is a bit of a slur to it because the stereotype is typically one where inappropriately effeminate behavior is linked with homosexuality. Other times, terms like "fabulous" or "swag" aren't even starting off as announcements of sexual preference but end up sticking to the stereotype like glue.

One thing here is absolute. You're in a political forum. You were warned that you may encounter opinions that you disagree with, but this is an open discussion. In this realm, YOU started to personally label ME with a slur. YOU are playing the victim while refusing to come out of the closet. YOU are TRAPPED.

As I label it, while trying to avoid sounding like I'm saying "burn the witch!", you serve your master. You just couldn't stop yourself. Now you've exposed your agenda in entirety.
The good little Christians are here to burn ants with a magnifying glass just as much as you are. They're just too cowardly to name their demon.

I give people their chance to back out. Some will always engage in their holy war to the end. You've failed to be a good advocate for science. In some ways I'm glad to make that point. In other ways, I still have some work to do to expose the elitism and prejudice in your political community. Either way, you've failed big time. But feel free to hide behind Woodtick's deliberate ignorance and try to turn it into a popular hate speech you came here to create anyway.

Tsk! Tsk!
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#79528
Mar 8, 2013
 
xxxooxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
I did not claim that the article stared otherwise.
Your the one who needs to read before you post.
In which case the article does not support the Noah scenario.

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#79529
Mar 8, 2013
 
anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
You prove my original point only too well. Today, you claim that homosexuality is "normal". Tomorrow, as your politics suits you, all sexual expression is "normal".
The real ongoing political problem is that gays can't exist in a majority straight community without eventual confrontation. Terms like "pansy" or "drama queen" or "gay" are often terms invented in the homosexual community that eventually attain different meaning in the straight community. Sometimes, there is a bit of a slur to it because the stereotype is typically one where inappropriately effeminate behavior is linked with homosexuality. Other times, terms like "fabulous" or "swag" aren't even starting off as announcements of sexual preference but end up sticking to the stereotype like glue.
One thing here is absolute. You're in a political forum. You were warned that you may encounter opinions that you disagree with, but this is an open discussion. In this realm, YOU started to personally label ME with a slur. YOU are playing the victim while refusing to come out of the closet. YOU are TRAPPED.
As I label it, while trying to avoid sounding like I'm saying "burn the witch!", you serve your master. You just couldn't stop yourself. Now you've exposed your agenda in entirety.
The good little Christians are here to burn ants with a magnifying glass just as much as you are. They're just too cowardly to name their demon.
I give people their chance to back out. Some will always engage in their holy war to the end. You've failed to be a good advocate for science. In some ways I'm glad to make that point. In other ways, I still have some work to do to expose the elitism and prejudice in your political community. Either way, you've failed big time. But feel free to hide behind Woodtick's deliberate ignorance and try to turn it into a popular hate speech you came here to create anyway.
Tsk! Tsk!
Wow1 you're quite the bigot, aren't you? don't worry, the big bad gay man won't hurt you....

what a tool!
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#79530
Mar 8, 2013
 
KJV wrote:
<quoted text>
You can go to the "Noah's Flood Real"
Thread you'll see lots of evidence on that thread for the flood. I don't feel like rehashing it all on this thread.
And you can go to page 1 of this thread and read it all. Plenty of evidence against the flood.

If it happened, you wouldn't be here to talk about it.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#79531
Mar 8, 2013
 
KJV wrote:
<quoted text>
That because SS stands for Steam Ship
Noah had no drive system because they were not planning on going anywhere.
And that's why we're all dead and no-one's here to talk about it.

At the very least Noah needed an impulse drive system to survive. Warp drive would have been handy.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#79532
Mar 8, 2013
 
xxxooxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
Unlike you, just because science or otherwise tell me something, I do not readily accept it as fact on the premise of authority.
I was only questioning the validity of reference of the dating method that you take so much for granted...indeed have unquestionable faith in.
Question everything...this is true science.
The problem is you're questioning it based on your complete ignorance. See faith is not required as they do these little things called tests. And if anyone's worried there was something wrong with the test other scientists can retest and retest it again. So far there is zero evidence to support your contention that every single one of the numerous different scientific dating methods (which back each other up) are wrong.
anonymous

Barberton, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#79533
Mar 8, 2013
 
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>Wow1 you're quite the bigot, aren't you? don't worry, the big bad gay man won't hurt you....
what a tool!
I'm not at all bigoted. I'm clearly stating that homosexuality should be treated as a medical condition. I don't make jokes about kids on the short bus either. But there are things that we don't let those kids do, and there are things that gays should not pursue in a world where they emotionally just don't don't understand. Pretending to be politicians of liberalism and the people is one of those things. Perhaps certain areas of science should be left alone as well.

“And the Horse You Rode in On”

Level 1

Since: Sep 08

Minneapolis

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#79534
Mar 8, 2013
 
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Mr. All-knowing, explain vividly how the earth and other universal and planetary bodies came into form?
We are not certain and neither are you. You have a "story" not unlike many varying cultures had their stories. Proof has yet to be determined. But if the bible entertains you and resolves your curiosity so be it.

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Level 7

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#79535
Mar 8, 2013
 
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> More of your babbling!
To date, no evidence against the existence of a God.
Period. More of your assertions?
Charles, Charles, Charles.

Absent compelling evidence, there's no reason to believe in any deity.

You don't have any.

QED.
anonymous

Barberton, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#79536
Mar 8, 2013
 
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> And i am again asking you that same question, why did you came into this forum?
You can never disprove the Almighty. You can only asserts, but that again does and will never change who the Almighty is.
I hope you're getting this dialog, Charles. Stop wasting time trying to prove that the Red Sea parted. Focus on how Pharaoh's heart kept hardening, and how Egypt was repeatedly punished for not listening to the will of God.

Sigh! Amateurs!

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#79537
Mar 8, 2013
 
anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
I hope you're getting this dialog, Charles. Stop wasting time trying to prove that the Red Sea parted. Focus on how Pharaoh's heart kept hardening, and how Egypt was repeatedly punished for not listening to the will of God.
Sigh! Amateurs!
yeah, those are provable..

we can prove that the god of the christian bible doesn't exist. many times over.

so what god is it that is out there? why would anyone ever think there is even one out there?

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#79538
Mar 8, 2013
 
anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not at all bigoted. I'm clearly stating that homosexuality should be treated as a medical condition. I don't make jokes about kids on the short bus either. But there are things that we don't let those kids do, and there are things that gays should not pursue in a world where they emotionally just don't don't understand. Pretending to be politicians of liberalism and the people is one of those things. Perhaps certain areas of science should be left alone as well.
No, you are clearly bigoted. why all the talk of pansy and that rot?

Every serious medical person would disagree with your amatuer assesment of homosexuality.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#79539
Mar 8, 2013
 
xxxooxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
lol...one of the basic premises of the bible is that of free will...or free thought...
No it isn't. In fact it's the complete opposite.

You can't have free will in the face of an all powerful all knowing entity.

Worship or burn. And God already knows what you're gonna "choose" because choice is an illusion.

Either that or God is not God.

“I see quantum effects”

Level 2

Since: Jan 11

In the macro world.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#79540
Mar 8, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

KJV wrote:
<quoted text>
Why is this not a BIG story?
I'm often amazed at our lack of knowledge about history. Ordinary people are hungry for this information, yet the organizations responsible to disseminate these facts seem to have an agenda to keep us in the dark. This is especially true when it comes to our ancient human history.
I won't hold you in suspense with this article: The Ark of Noah has been found. It's real. I'll describe the evidence in some detail and end with the historical and religious implications.
How it was discovered
In 1959, Turkish army captain Llhan Durupinar discovered an unusual shape while examining aerial photographs of his country. The smooth shape, larger than a football field, stood out from the rough and rocky terrain at an altitude of 6,300 feet near the Turkish border with Iran.
Capt. Durupinar was familiar with the biblical accounts of the Ark and its association with Mount Ararat in Turkey, but he was reluctant to jump to any conclusions. The region was very remote, yet it was inhabited with small villages. No previous reports of an object this odd had been made before. So he forwarded the photographic negative to a famous aerial photography expert named Dr. Brandenburger, at Ohio State University.
Brandenburger was responsible for discovering the Cuban missile bases during the Kennedy era from reconnaissance photos, and after carefully studying the photo, he concluded: "I have no doubt at all, that this object is a ship. In my entire career, I have never seen an object like this on a stereo photo."
http://www.viewzone.com/noahx.html
Yeah.

Sure.

And here's another completely believable theory from the same site:

http://www.viewzone.com/hollowearth.html
anonymous

Barberton, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#79541
Mar 8, 2013
 
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>No, you are clearly bigoted. why all the talk of pansy and that rot?
Every serious medical person would disagree with your amatuer assesment of homosexuality.
Show me! It's that simple!

No. What I see is another demographic of aristocrats who don't enslave the sheep because age and poor health will enslave them anyway. In a sense, we all are bigots to our politics, but the medical profession is held to a higher standard, just not one that they let interfere with their politics.

As previously stated, the issue is politics. Politics is about money and power. You find a few of the educated coming out in favor of homosexuality, even though the concept of Evolution is against it. You don't find any doctors coming out against homosexuality because nobody, and I mean NOBODY, is going to pay them to take the political heat. That's all there is to it.

So anyway, show me a doctor with scientific research on the topic, and show us the research. What do you have? You have the EXACTLY same argument that the fundamentalists use. "Prove us wrong!!"

You're wasting our time. You don't have a "gay" gene, therefore the subject is politics, therefore it's about money and a hypocritical liberal elite who are raking in BIG BUCKAZOIDS right now on higher education, law and medicine, while our standards of service are plummeting in the modern world....JUST like the products of our conservative run corporations are.

D - E - N - I - A - L !!!!!!!!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 75,081 - 75,100 of106,291
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••