Evolution vs. Creation

Full story: Best of New Orleans

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.

Comments (Page 3,753)

Showing posts 75,041 - 75,060 of111,872
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“I see quantum effects”

Level 2

Since: Jan 11

In the macro world.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 8, 2013

Judged:

KJV wrote:
<quoted text>
Why is this not a BIG story?
I'm often amazed at our lack of knowledge about history. Ordinary people are hungry for this information, yet the organizations responsible to disseminate these facts seem to have an agenda to keep us in the dark. This is especially true when it comes to our ancient human history.
I won't hold you in suspense with this article: The Ark of Noah has been found. It's real. I'll describe the evidence in some detail and end with the historical and religious implications.
How it was discovered
In 1959, Turkish army captain Llhan Durupinar discovered an unusual shape while examining aerial photographs of his country. The smooth shape, larger than a football field, stood out from the rough and rocky terrain at an altitude of 6,300 feet near the Turkish border with Iran.
Capt. Durupinar was familiar with the biblical accounts of the Ark and its association with Mount Ararat in Turkey, but he was reluctant to jump to any conclusions. The region was very remote, yet it was inhabited with small villages. No previous reports of an object this odd had been made before. So he forwarded the photographic negative to a famous aerial photography expert named Dr. Brandenburger, at Ohio State University.
Brandenburger was responsible for discovering the Cuban missile bases during the Kennedy era from reconnaissance photos, and after carefully studying the photo, he concluded: "I have no doubt at all, that this object is a ship. In my entire career, I have never seen an object like this on a stereo photo."
http://www.viewzone.com/noahx.html
Yeah.

Sure.

And here's another completely believable theory from the same site:

http://www.viewzone.com/hollowearth.html
anonymous

Barberton, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 8, 2013

woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>No, you are clearly bigoted. why all the talk of pansy and that rot?
Every serious medical person would disagree with your amatuer assesment of homosexuality.
Show me! It's that simple!

No. What I see is another demographic of aristocrats who don't enslave the sheep because age and poor health will enslave them anyway. In a sense, we all are bigots to our politics, but the medical profession is held to a higher standard, just not one that they let interfere with their politics.

As previously stated, the issue is politics. Politics is about money and power. You find a few of the educated coming out in favor of homosexuality, even though the concept of Evolution is against it. You don't find any doctors coming out against homosexuality because nobody, and I mean NOBODY, is going to pay them to take the political heat. That's all there is to it.

So anyway, show me a doctor with scientific research on the topic, and show us the research. What do you have? You have the EXACTLY same argument that the fundamentalists use. "Prove us wrong!!"

You're wasting our time. You don't have a "gay" gene, therefore the subject is politics, therefore it's about money and a hypocritical liberal elite who are raking in BIG BUCKAZOIDS right now on higher education, law and medicine, while our standards of service are plummeting in the modern world....JUST like the products of our conservative run corporations are.

D - E - N - I - A - L !!!!!!!!!!
anonymous

Barberton, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 8, 2013

woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>yeah, those are provable..
we can prove that the god of the christian bible doesn't exist. many times over.
so what god is it that is out there? why would anyone ever think there is even one out there?
Knocking over tin soldiers again, eh? Just can't resist.

My point to Charles when I bought up the analogy of homosexuality to pedophilia was that literal interpretations of the bible are useless.

....but you had to knock over your tin soldier. It's what you came here to do. You still serve your master.

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Level 7

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 8, 2013

Judged:

Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah.
Sure.
And here's another completely believable theory from the same site:
http://www.viewzone.com/hollowearth.html
Take it easy on poor KJV.

That Kreutzfeld-Jakov Variant is a bitch.

“I started out with nothing”

Level 6

Since: Nov 10

and still got most of it left

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 8, 2013

Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> More of your babbling!
To date, no evidence against the existence of a God.
Period. More of your assertions?
So you have no response then other than to apply more incredulity. Expected
anonymous

Barberton, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 8, 2013

woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>No, you are clearly bigoted. why all the talk of pansy and that rot?
Every serious medical person would disagree with your amatuer assesment of homosexuality.
Oh, and by the way. Let's consider an object lesson on the medical profession. Unless you think that ONLY DOCTORS ARE WORTHY OF JUDGING OTHER DOCTORS!!! Yeah. No elitism there!

Autism is labelled a disease by the medical profession, even though they really don't have a clue as to what causes it. In some cases, drugs, in others it's genetic. It's a symptom of brain damage, not a disease, yet doctors REGULARLY prescribe medicines to treat the symptoms, not cure them.

Here's your new ethical problem, since you ABHOR the linking of pedophilia to homosexuality!!! Why is Autism called a disease and NOT a form of free expression? What right does a doctor have to sedate one's natural (possibly evolved!) instincts to express a type of behavior that we CLEARLY are professionally stereotyping and NOT doing so in a bigoted manner?

Two ethical problems for the price of one! What makes one person a "professional" and another a bigot? What right does any individual have to restrain ANY behavior of another? By golly, THAT'S UNCONSTITUTIONAL!! Except then, so is every law.

....Politics!

“I started out with nothing”

Level 6

Since: Nov 10

and still got most of it left

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 8, 2013

Judged:

Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> And i have corrected your errors several times before now.
Humans can not use equations, formulae or what so ever to disprove God.
Human's knowledge is just limited. Don't venture a battle you can never win.
No you haven’t, you have made proclamation without evidence and straw man arguments.

You don’t appear to be educated enough to know the meaning of evidence

But hey, no complains, we all like a giggle every now and again
Joe

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 8, 2013

Judged:

The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
If the universe was already here, then life did not appear out of nothing, did it?
As it now stands, the current hypothesis revolves around biochemistry.
However this is irrelevant to the validity of evolution. Evolution specifically deals with the diversification of life on Earth. That's it. And all it needs is for life to be here.
Life IS here. Life evolves. Facts. It doesn't matter if you think chemical abiogenesis started life off or if you think Goddidit with magic, life is here. In order for evolution not to occur, one has to demonstrate that life is in fact NOT here.
I wish 'Professor X' luck...
It is obvious that evolution is a fact -particulars and pathways will always be debated.

And Professor - God and evolution can co-exist - there is no need for psuedo scientific theories.

“Leave That Thing Alone!”

Since: Nov 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 8, 2013

Judged:

KJV wrote:
<quoted text>
Part 3
Cascade Mountains
Spokana, Nez Perce, Cayuse (eastern Washington), Yakima (Washington), Warm Springs (Oregon), Joshua (southern Oregon), Smith River (northern California coast), Wintu (north central California), Maidu (central California), Northern Miwok (central California), Tuleyome Miwok (near Clear Lake, California), Olamentko Miwok (Bodega Bay, California) Ohlone (San Francisco to Monterey, California)
Kato (Mendocino County, California)
Shasta (northern California interior), Pomo (north central California), Salinan (California), Yuma (western Arizona, southern California), Havasupai (lower Colorado River)
Ashochimi (California)
Yurok (north California coast), Blackfoot (Alberta and Montana), Cree (Canada), Timagami Ojibway (Canada), Chippewa (Ontario, Minnesota, Wisconsin), Ottawa, Menomini (Wisconsin-Michigan border), Cheyenne (Minnesota), Yellowstone, Montagnais (northern Gulf of St. Lawrence), Micmac (eastern Maritime Canada), Algonquin (upper Ottowa River), Lenape (Delaware)(Delaware to New York)
Cherokee (Great Lakes area; eastern Tennessee)
Mandan (North Dakota), Lakota
Choctaw (Mississippi), Natchez (Lower Mississippi)
Chitimacha (Southern Louisiana)
Caddo (Oklahoma, Arkansas), Pawnee (Nebraska)
Navajo (Four Corners area), Jicarilla Apache (northeastern New Mexico)
Sia (northeast Arizona)
Acagchemem (near San Juan Capistrano, California), Luiseño (Southern California), Pima (southwest Arizona), Papago (Arizona), Hopi (northeast Arizona), Zuni (New Mexico)
Central America
Tarascan (northern Michoacan, Mexico), Michoacan (Mexico)
Yaqui (Sonoran, Northern Mexico), Tarahumara (Northern Mexico), Huichol (western Mexico), Cora (east of the Huichols), Tepecano (southeast of the Huichols), Tepehua (eastern Mexico), Toltec (Mexico), Nahua (central Mexico), Tlaxcalan (central Mexico)
Tlapanec (south central Mexico), Mixtec (northern Oaxaca, Mexico), Zapotec (Oaxaca, southern Mexico), Trique (Oaxaca, southern Mexico)
Totonac (eastern Mexico)
Chol (southern Mexico), Tzeltal (Chiapas, southern Mexico), Quiché(Guatemala), Maya (southern Mexico and Guatemala)
Popoluca (Veracruz, Mexico)
Nicaragua, Panama
Carib (Antilles)
South America
Acawai (Orinoco), Arekuna (Guyana), Makiritare (Venezuela), Macusi (British Guyana)
Muysca (Colombia), Yaruro (southern Venezuela)
Yanomamö(southern Venezuela)
Tamanaque (Orinoco), Arawak (Guyana), Pamary, Abedery, and Kataushy (Purus R., Brazil), Ipurina (Upper Amazon)
Jivaro (eastern Ecuador), Shuar (Andes)
Murato (eastern Ecuador)
Cañari (Quito, Ecuador)
Guanca and Chiquito (Peru)
Ancasmarca (near Cuzco, Peru), Canelos Quechua, Quechua, Inca (Peru), Colla (high Andes)
Chiriguano (southeast Bolivia)
Chorote (Eastern Paraguay)
Eastern Brazil (Rio de Janiero region), Eastern Brazil (Cape Frio region), Caraya (Araguaia River, central Brazil), Coroado (south Brazil)
Araucania (coastal Chile)
Toba (northern Argentina)
Selk'nam (southern tip of Argentina)
Yamana (Tierra del Fuego)
How is it that you can claim all these stories from different civilizations are "proof of Noah's flood" when the story of Noah claims everyone was destroyed except for Noah and his family on the Ark? Who was around to write those stories if everyone that was not on the Ark died?

Did you even think about that "line of reasoning" before actually presenting it?

Seriously, how can anyone be THAT stupid?

“Up with which, I will not put”

Since: Jul 08

Sao Paulo

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 8, 2013

FREE SERVANT wrote:
An ARK is a compartmentalized container. God showed Noah how to build it and what do, so it may have been very advanced above what we know of today.
Yeah, saw that in a movie once.

“Up with which, I will not put”

Since: Jul 08

Sao Paulo

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 8, 2013

Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> And i am again asking you that same question, why did you came into this forum?
You can never disprove the Almighty. You can only asserts, but that again does and will never change who the Almighty is.
See, here's proof of the earlier reference to lamp post.
FREE SERVANT

Bellevue, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 8, 2013

JM_Brazil wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, saw that in a movie once.
I can't say I have heard of that one, it should have been a million seller.

“Nihil curo de ista tua stulta ”

Since: May 08

Orlando

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 8, 2013

Judged:

anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
Show me! It's that simple!
No. What I see is another demographic of aristocrats who don't enslave the sheep because age and poor health will enslave them anyway. In a sense, we all are bigots to our politics, but the medical profession is held to a higher standard, just not one that they let interfere with their politics.
As previously stated, the issue is politics. Politics is about money and power. You find a few of the educated coming out in favor of homosexuality, even though the concept of Evolution is against it. You don't find any doctors coming out against homosexuality because nobody, and I mean NOBODY, is going to pay them to take the political heat. That's all there is to it.
So anyway, show me a doctor with scientific research on the topic, and show us the research. What do you have? You have the EXACTLY same argument that the fundamentalists use. "Prove us wrong!!"
You're wasting our time. You don't have a "gay" gene, therefore the subject is politics, therefore it's about money and a hypocritical liberal elite who are raking in BIG BUCKAZOIDS right now on higher education, law and medicine, while our standards of service are plummeting in the modern world....JUST like the products of our conservative run corporations are.
D - E - N - I - A - L !!!!!!!!!!
Ah.

EVERYBODY's out to getchya, huh?

(and you're still wrong about homosexuality)
bohart

Morristown, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 8, 2013

Judged:

The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes you are. Thank you for once again demonstrating you quite frankly do not have a clue what you're talking about.
Ha,Ha. the I'm rubber your glue defense.
FREE SERVANT

Bellevue, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 8, 2013

Judged:

The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
And that's why we're all dead and no-one's here to talk about it.
At the very least Noah needed an impulse drive system to survive. Warp drive would have been handy.
What kind of system would he have needed to keep all the species of living things? Could it have been some sort of compartmental system that kept seeds and eggs alive until the birds could carry them about and reseed the earth?
FREE SERVANT

Bellevue, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 8, 2013

Judged:

The Bible tells us that birds were sent out in pairs of seven to seed the earth. Are there seven land masses on earth that seperated at some point in time?

Level 9

Everett, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 8, 2013

Judged:

FREE SERVANT wrote:
The Bible tells us that birds were sent out in pairs of seven to seed the earth. Are there seven land masses on earth that seperated at some point in time?
Yes, Pangaea broke up roughly 200 million years ago.

That would have been quite a while before your make believe flood.
FREE SERVANT

Bellevue, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 8, 2013

Judged:

Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, Pangaea broke up roughly 200 million years ago.
That would have been quite a while before your make believe flood.
Then there is an issue over timelines. Maybe we will figure that out someday.

Level 9

Everett, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 8, 2013

Judged:

FREE SERVANT wrote:
<quoted text>Then there is an issue over timelines. Maybe we will figure that out someday.
No, there is no issue over time lines. We know how long ago it happened. The opinion of illiterates does not matter when we are discussing science. Ignorance is not a legitimate scientific position.
FREE SERVANT

Bellevue, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 8, 2013

Judged:

Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
No, there is no issue over time lines. We know how long ago it happened. The opinion of illiterates does not matter when we are discussing science. Ignorance is not a legitimate scientific position.
I have no problem with legitimate science, it is when certain people want ignorance as to what is really out there that bothers me. Let the real truth speak.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 75,041 - 75,060 of111,872
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••