Evolution vs. Creation

Evolution vs. Creation

There are 195563 comments on the Best of New Orleans story from Jan 6, 2011, titled Evolution vs. Creation. In it, Best of New Orleans reports that:

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Best of New Orleans.

FREE SERVANT
#79557 Mar 8, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, Pangaea broke up roughly 200 million years ago.
That would have been quite a while before your make believe flood.
Then there is an issue over timelines. Maybe we will figure that out someday.

Level 9

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

#79558 Mar 8, 2013
FREE SERVANT wrote:
<quoted text>Then there is an issue over timelines. Maybe we will figure that out someday.
No, there is no issue over time lines. We know how long ago it happened. The opinion of illiterates does not matter when we are discussing science. Ignorance is not a legitimate scientific position.
FREE SERVANT
#79559 Mar 8, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
No, there is no issue over time lines. We know how long ago it happened. The opinion of illiterates does not matter when we are discussing science. Ignorance is not a legitimate scientific position.
I have no problem with legitimate science, it is when certain people want ignorance as to what is really out there that bothers me. Let the real truth speak.

Level 9

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

#79560 Mar 8, 2013
FREE SERVANT wrote:
<quoted text>I have no problem with legitimate science, it is when certain people want ignorance as to what is really out there that bothers me. Let the real truth speak.
Then why do you continually argue from ignorance?

We know how old the Earth is. There are many sources that show the Earth is old and only misinterpretation of events that show that the Earth is young. Once the error is shown in a claim it is no longer a valid claim. There are no valid claims for a Young Earth.
MIDutch

Waterford, MI

#79561 Mar 8, 2013
FREE SERVANT wrote:
<quoted text>Then there is an issue over timelines. Maybe we will figure that out someday.
Been there, done that. Your Biblical "timeline" became irrelevant some 200+ years ago.

It was Christian clergy and lay persons from northern Europe looking for geological evidence of the Noachian flood in the 18th and 19th centuries who put the scientific research into motion that lead to the tectonic plate theory and the destruction of the Noachian flood fairy tale as a viable geological and historical scenario.

It is ONLY people who still believe in bronze age goat herder "literal and inerrant" FAIRY TALES who are willfully ignorant enough to actually believe that Noah, Ham, Sham and Curly and their unnamed wives really existed.

The VAST majority of the worlds scientists and the majority of Christians, Jews, Buddhists, Hindus, Daoists, Confucianists, Shinto, Wicca, Pagans, agnostics, atheists, etc. KNOW that the Bible SUCKS as a historical and scientific reference.
MIDutch

Waterford, MI

#79562 Mar 8, 2013
FREE SERVANT wrote:
<quoted text>I have no problem with legitimate science, it is when certain people want ignorance as to what is really out there that bothers me. Let the real truth speak.
This coming from someone who thinks the following is "legitimate science":

The cosmos was magically conjured into existence with a magic "word".

The first man was conjured up out of a pile of dirt.

The first woman was conjured up from a rib taken out of the man.

Magic fruit that makes the eater really intelligent or immortal.

A talking snake.

Incest, incest and more incest was a very good thing at one point in human history.

An little bunny brings eggs to good boys and girls on Easter morning.

Angels and demons.

Giants and unicorns.

Satyrs and cockatrices.

Witches and wizards.

A jolly elf brings toys to good boys and girls on Christmas morning.

Angels having sex with mortal women.

People living 600+ years.

People and dinosaurs living together.

A fairy brings money to good boys and girls when they loose a tooth.

A big global flood that destroys everything except the passengers of a wooden boat.

The sun standing still in the sky to provide more light for more productive mass genocide.

A talking burning bush.

A talking donkey.

A man living inside of the stomach of a fish for three days.

Pi = 3.

Insects have 4 legs.

Letting livestock copulated in front of a stick painted with stripes produces offspring with striped coats.

Sprinkling the blood of a sacrificed dove on a lepers toes cures his leprosy.

Etc., etc., etc..
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#79563 Mar 8, 2013
Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't know if Jesus was schizo. One thing I know...
Religion calls it sin. Science calls it mental disorder.
Again, it's a matter of preference for what type of cure you want for your disease.
Placebo or medicine?
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#79564 Mar 8, 2013
bohart wrote:
<quoted text>
Ha,Ha. the I'm rubber your glue defense.
Not really. You made wrong statements. I told you why they were wrong. Instead of defending your position you called me names. I again offered to continue discussing the subject. You avoided it. Therefore, and especially considering your positing history, it is not unfair to point out quite rightly that you do not have a clue what you're talking about. Whereas I on the other hand am capable of discussing the subject and can back my claims up with scientific evidence.

To which you then reply with your best Nelson Muntz impression.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#79565 Mar 8, 2013
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> And that either does' nt change the evidence and existence of God.
The door please.
He doesn't need to get the door. You don't have anything but a baseless assertion. That was his point. And you've never had an argument against it either.

Sorry, that was rude of me. You did have an argument. It kinda went something like this:

"No!"
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#79566 Mar 8, 2013
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Your first paragraph has disqualified your entire post.
We are living in a universe not known completely by science, yes or no?
Irrelevant. Goddidit is not the default answer. In fact it's more ignorant than admitting a lack of knowledge.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#79567 Mar 8, 2013
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Right from the existence of mankind, they have been saying more of what you have to offer but today, they are dead, buried and forgotten. No one can fight the Almighty.
So far there is nothing to fight.(shrug)
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#79568 Mar 8, 2013
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> That last question are met for you and others. You all have no evidence to disprove the Almighty. The universe is a testimony to that!
You have no evidence to disprove the Cosmic Sheep from dimension Zog. The universe is a testimony to that.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#79569 Mar 8, 2013
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> And i am again asking you that same question, why did you came into this forum?
You can never disprove the Almighty. You can only asserts, but that again does and will never change who the Almighty is.
Why did you come onto this forum? You can only assert, and that will never change that all you have is assertions and no evidence.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#79570 Mar 8, 2013
anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
I hope you're getting this dialog, Charles. Stop wasting time trying to prove that the Red Sea parted. Focus on how Pharaoh's heart kept hardening, and how Egypt was repeatedly punished for not listening to the will of God.
Sigh! Amateurs!
Yup. He was punished for fighting God, and even matching his magic with his own. So either God is playing both sides like an evil sob, or God is not God.
Devils Advocate

Dover, PA

#79571 Mar 8, 2013
MIDutch wrote:
<quoted text>
This coming from someone who thinks the following is "legitimate science":
The cosmos was magically conjured into existence with a magic "word".
Funny, legitimate science says some magical atom created the entire universe. But that's different right? Much easier to believe a magic marble over a magic word.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#79572 Mar 8, 2013
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Good!
Now tell me vividly how that planetary bodies became earth, jupiter, venus, mars, etc,?
Gravity.

So Chuck. Are you saying that anytime someone doesn't know something that means Goddidit? That your god is merely a placeholder for complete and utter total ignorance? And that once we have that "answer" nothing is required?
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#79573 Mar 8, 2013
FREE SERVANT wrote:
Maybe.

But I doubt it.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#79574 Mar 8, 2013
Devils Advocate wrote:
<quoted text>
Funny, legitimate science says some magical atom created the entire universe.
Could you please provide the peer-reviewed scientific paper that supports your assertion?

Level 2

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#79575 Mar 8, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>tons of evidence against hte god of YOUR bible...
Zero.
Devils Advocate

Dover, PA

#79576 Mar 8, 2013
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
Could you please provide the peer-reviewed scientific paper that supports your assertion?
All you have to do is Google the Big Bang theory. The "primordial atom" is what scientist believe triggered the creation of the universe. Although some are now referring to it as a singularity but that causes a little confusion because of their associations with black holes.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 3 min Busssssted driver 189,448
Word Association 2 (Sep '13) 4 min Jennifer Renee 17,153
Post any FOUR words 4 min Rollanotherone 533
Change-one-of-six-letters (Dec '12) 9 min beatlesintheblog 8,122
5 Letter Word, Change 1 Letter (Oct '15) 13 min beatlesintheblog 2,065
*add A word / drop a word* (Nov '12) 17 min Bezeer 12,334
2015: "Make a Story/ 6 Words Only: (Apr '15) 19 min beatlesintheblog 6,819
Ohio Cowgirls Rocking Horse Club............ (Oct '11) 52 min Chilli J 7,852
El's Kitchen (Feb '09) 1 hr Denny CranesPlace 55,721
Denny Crain's Place (May '10) 1 hr No party going on 19,564
Crystal_Clears Kitchen (Refurbished) 2 hr TheJerseyDevil 5,345
More from around the web