Evolution vs. Creation

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008. Full Story

““You must not lose faith ”

Level 5

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

#79476 Mar 7, 2013
thewordofme wrote:
Man, the things they’re finding out about humans existence now with DNA science….going to change our whole outlook on religion.
"DNA evidence has revealed that the oldest known common male ancestor is 340,000 years old, more than twice as old as previous estimates.
New Scientist reports that the sample comes from a recently deceased man named Albert Perry. After the African-American South Carolina man died, one of his relatives submitted a sample of his DNA to a company called Family Tree DNA for analysis.
The findings were published in the The American Journal of Human Genetics and may require researchers to adjust the known timeline of humankind’s evolution.
http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/sideshow/father-h...
Oh good, i'll add it to the thread Human origin. Anything else i missed?
I allready wondered though since we found an ancient South- African metropolis dated about 240,000-160,000 y.a. occupation.
So it would need Homo-Sapiens allready quite developed or some theory on a different homonid. The first makes it easier allaround.

“what we think we become”

Level 5

Since: Aug 11

above and beyond

#79477 Mar 7, 2013
thewordofme wrote:
Man, the things they’re finding out about humans existence now with DNA science….going to change our whole outlook on religion.
"DNA evidence has revealed that the oldest known common male ancestor is 340,000 years old, more than twice as old as previous estimates.
New Scientist reports that the sample comes from a recently deceased man named Albert Perry. After the African-American South Carolina man died, one of his relatives submitted a sample of his DNA to a company called Family Tree DNA for analysis.
The findings were published in the The American Journal of Human Genetics and may require researchers to adjust the known timeline of humankind’s evolution.
http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/sideshow/father-h...
Thanks for sharing.

The John Punch Line

Now it’s been confirmed that President Barack Obama’s mother is related to the first US slave, John Punch. He was an indentured servant who became enslaved for life after he tried to escape and had children with a white woman who passed her freedom status to her children who then became successful land owners in Colonial Virginia. Obama is the 11th great grandson of John Punch according to Virginia records and DNA analysis. How good is our DNA technology that they have recovered Punch’s DNA and traced his lineage! Did they find a tooth or fossil? Is this The Punch Line Hoax?

Level 5

Location hidden

#79478 Mar 7, 2013
Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
What a mess you guys got yourself into!
is this the pit of hell people are talking about? One should not abuse language if one cannot read between the lines! One who lives by the sword, dies by the sword...lol
I had pits that people dig for other in mind.
He's simply in a fighting mood all the time, tiresome.
For him that is...the rest can simply ignore it.

Level 5

Location hidden

#79479 Mar 7, 2013
Kong posted this one days ago:
http://phys.org/news/2013-03-human-chromosome...
I can't access the yahoo one (have to still link on) but i wonder if they came to the conclusion that it was even older.

Level 2

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#79480 Mar 7, 2013
01Justsayin wrote:
<quoted text>
Totally agree
You are welcome.
It is only the ignorant that would disagree to that. Keep it up!
Your post are all informative and educative.

Level 2

Location hidden

#79481 Mar 7, 2013
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh hey Chuckles. You do realise that you're contradicting yourself even with this just one simple word, right?
No, of course you don't.
Likewise.

“Darwin was right..of course.”

Level 9

Tempe, AZ.

#79482 Mar 7, 2013
Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks for sharing.
The John Punch Line
Now it’s been confirmed that President Barack Obama’s mother is related to the first US slave, John Punch. He was an indentured servant who became enslaved for life after he tried to escape and had children with a white woman who passed her freedom status to her children who then became successful land owners in Colonial Virginia. Obama is the 11th great grandson of John Punch according to Virginia records and DNA analysis. How good is our DNA technology that they have recovered Punch’s DNA and traced his lineage! Did they find a tooth or fossil? Is this The Punch Line Hoax?
Hi Cybele,

And your point is??

Level 5

Location hidden

#79483 Mar 7, 2013
I guess it would be about the clock?
Or doubts about how the DNA is matched?(They took the soil from his grave, let's go ghoulish.lol)
;]good question thus.
On the first:
http://www.google.nl/search...
various methods and discussions about accuracy.(SNP, SRTs etc.)

“The O.C.C”

Since: Mar 13

Location hidden

#79484 Mar 7, 2013

Level 5

above and beyond

#79485 Mar 7, 2013
thewordofme wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi Cybele,
And your point is??
the name

Level 5

above and beyond

#79486 Mar 7, 2013
the name of the father, what about the son?
Random Guy

Montréal, Canada

#79487 Mar 7, 2013
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> And yet Science can not answer the entire question facing humans and the universe.
Science does not have any evidence disproving the Creator( God).
Why would science need to disprove something that has never been proven?

That's like saying: science does not have any evidence disproving the flying spaghetti monster, therefore it exists.

The right answer is that we don't know, and it's most likely impossible for us to ever know. For this reason, it doesn't deserve the attention that so many people are giving it even in today's world.

Religion is a consequence of this unfounded belief, and while it may be bring some good to the world, it's also generating a whole lot of unnecessary bad.

Anyways, why does it matter so much how we were created? To bring meaning to ours lives? Come on, let's face it: it's not like it's going to change anything to YOUR life.

Level 2

Location hidden

#79488 Mar 7, 2013
thewordofme wrote:
<quoted text>
Charles, I think God is finally going to be disproven by circumstantial evidence.
See my post immediately below yours.
Funny indeed!
We have heard that before now but the questions keep coming that you or any one else can not answer.

Level 2

Location hidden

#79489 Mar 7, 2013
MAAT wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry, can't help it...but you killed him. Afterall that is what the entire goodnews is about. Hurray we killed god, long live the new god.
If he did not die there would be no point to the story.
(Just like Baal coming back to life after -not entirely - three days and nights.)
So where does god create the universe, even in your translation?
A lot has allready been stated about evidence (elephant in my room. yes/no)but the point is that science is not in the business of doing that.
Maybe like me, you should just read back.
The entire thread started with asking a testable consistent theory of creation. Sofar zilch.
And one point (of many) would be delivering positive proof of gods instrumentality. Not magic or vague bible texts but hard evidence.
So the onus lies still with creationists.
Dreaming!
When you stop dreaming let me know.

Level 2

Location hidden

#79490 Mar 7, 2013
Random Guy wrote:
<quoted text>
That's like saying: science does not have any evidence disproving the flying spaghetti monster, therefore it exists.
The right answer is that we don't know, and it's most likely impossible for us to ever know. For this reason, it doesn't deserve the attention that so many people are giving it even in today's world.
Religion is a consequence of this unfounded belief, and while it may be bring some good to the world, it's also generating a whole lot of unnecessary bad.
Anyways, why does it matter so much how we were created? To bring meaning to ours lives? Come on, let's face it: it's not like it's going to change anything to YOUR life.
Ok, may be you have the answer.
How did the universe and all the elements came into form?

Level 2

Location hidden

#79491 Mar 7, 2013
Random Guy wrote:
<quoted text>
And that either does' nt change the evidence and existence of God.
The door please.

Level 2

Location hidden

#79492 Mar 7, 2013
Random Guy wrote:
<quoted text>
Your first paragraph has disqualified your entire post.
We are living in a universe not known completely by science, yes or no?

“Darwin was right..of course.”

Level 9

Tempe, AZ.

#79493 Mar 7, 2013
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Funny indeed!
We have heard that before now but the questions keep coming that you or any one else can not answer.
What questions would they be Charles.

Level 5

Location hidden

#79494 Mar 7, 2013
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Dreaming!
When you stop dreaming let me know.
Well with you we're in a nightmare of cross-purpose discussion.

Did jesus have to die?
Do you insist god as man was thus killed for you?(i don't, no proof whatsoever and it's not logical as others have pointed out too)
Did he become a god?
etc.
The whole list up and including how this thread started is all about what you can dream.
So if that equals dreaming, you should do more of it.

Level 5

Location hidden

#79495 Mar 7, 2013
dream-read

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Create "short sentences using the last word" (Aug '12) 7 min Hoosier Hillbilly 7,614
raaxeeye77 13 min Amiir 2
International Space Station 16 min Hoosier Hillbilly 1
Word Association (Jun '10) 21 min Spirit67_ 26,385
OFFBEAT.keepAword.DropAword.2011edition (Oct '11) 22 min Spirit67_ 17,949
Only Three Word (Nov '09) 23 min Spirit67_ 11,641
Word Association 2 (Sep '13) 26 min Spirit67_ 7,757
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 2 hr _hellbilly_ 152,773
BAN(N) the P0STER Above you !!! (Feb '14) 3 hr Just TLC 3,000
Post "any three words" (Sep '12) 5 hr andet1987 1,127
CHANGE One letter CHANCE (Sep '08) 6 hr andet1987 30,058
What are you thinking about now? (Jun '10) 11 hr BLOODY__FATALITY 25,838
More from around the web