Evolution vs. Creation

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008. Full Story
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#79376 Mar 7, 2013
KJV wrote:
<quoted text>
Keep that in mind because where you headed there will be no such thing as ice.
Ah, the fundamentalist revenge fantasy. You must be one of those "true" loving Christians we've heard about.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#79377 Mar 7, 2013
KJV wrote:
<quoted text>
It was a stone mountain. They just caved the pyramids out of it. That's why there is all that sand.
And cut it all into blocks...

“This is the other side”

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#79378 Mar 7, 2013
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
Ah, yes. And note that it took place before life got beyond micro-organisms.
...and you base that claim on scientific evidence that is subject to change at any time, by the admission of science itself?

But yet you really believe that without question don't you?

Talk about faith...lol

The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#79379 Mar 7, 2013
KJV wrote:
<quoted text>
Those places in the list are all in this planet Earth.
Yes, I am in fact aware of that. Just as I am aware that they were never all completely submerged simultaneously, unless of course you're counting the event which occurred 2.499 billion years before you claim the Earth was created.
KJV wrote:
I'm surprised atheist don't try and change the name of our planet seeing as to how God named it Earth.
He did? And you've traced the etymology of that word?

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#79380 Mar 7, 2013
xxxooxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
...and you base that claim on scientific evidence that is subject to change at any time, by the admission of science itself?
Talk about faith...lol
the evidence doesn't change. you have that wrong.

sometimes theories change upon new evidence. do you have new evidence of a flood during the time of humans?

you try to debunk science, yet you don't even understand it...funny!

St. Croix valley

#79381 Mar 7, 2013
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
Ah, the fundamentalist revenge fantasy. You must be one of those "true" loving Christians we've heard about.
i;ve never heard of those...tell me more!

“This is the other side”

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#79382 Mar 7, 2013
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually that would imply a great big flood (just ignoring the part where it said there was still 3% land still showing for now). It certainly doesn't imply Noah's Ark though.
really... 2.5 billion years ago with a Discrepancy probability of what?... 2 to 3 percent? lol
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#79383 Mar 7, 2013
KJV wrote:
<quoted text>
Yup
You can't win can you.
Only in the sense that kids making arguments cover all bases, even when contradictory. And that is what fundamentalist creationists are - dishonest children.

However we win here because we can easily demonstrate where you are wrong. As well as easily demonstrate your intellectual dishonesty and hypocrisy.

We win in the scientific arena because reality agrees with us. That is why "creation science" is an oxymoron in academic terms.

We win in the courts because the courts agree with us. That is why creationism is illegal to teach in public schools and you've lost that one every single time since 1925.

We win in reality because reality agrees with us. That is why evolution occurred long before you were born and (barring WW3) will probably long after you're dust.

All you are left with is your ability to lie, and your burning desire that anyone who dares disagree with you to burn forever for eternity.

Fingers crossed, eh?

“Darwin was right..of course.”

Level 9

Since: Jun 11

Patagonia

#79384 Mar 7, 2013
FREE SERVANT wrote:
One of the first things Noah built after the flood was an altar which was an elevated structure where he offered burnt offerings unto the LORD. God blessed Noah and his sons and he said for them to be fruitful and multiply and after Noah died and his son Ham had a son Cush who had a son Nimrod who is the one that is Nimrod/Marduk who built pyramid towers and caused God to confound mans language so they could not understand one another's speech.
We know for a fact the Biblical story of the 'Tower of Babel' never happened.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#79385 Mar 7, 2013
xxxooxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
Talk about faith...lol
Actually no. Because as it happens your linky did not actually provide any references. So it could be just another case of popular press unwittingly getting their science wrong. Or it could be that it's a valid hypothesis. However unlike yourself I understand what the terms scientific theory and hypotheses mean.

I also noticed that you don't seem to care about your own intellectual dishonesty that I just demonstrated. It's a shame that none of you fundies can demonstrate the same with me.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#79386 Mar 7, 2013
xxxooxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
really... 2.5 billion years ago with a Discrepancy probability of what?... 2 to 3 percent? lol
As opposed to your proposed discrepancy probability of 6250 percent.

I can live with that.(shrug)

St. Croix valley

#79387 Mar 7, 2013
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, I am in fact aware of that. Just as I am aware that they were never all completely submerged simultaneously, unless of course you're counting the event which occurred 2.499 billion years before you claim the Earth was created.
<quoted text>
Oh man, i missed that one! god named it Earth...

what a tool!

“Nihil curo de ista tua stulta ”

Since: May 08

Orlando

#79388 Mar 7, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>Oh man, i missed that one! god named it Earth...
what a tool!
...and He uses the modern ENGLISH term "Earth" as well.

SO THERE!

“Darwin was right..of course.”

Level 9

Since: Jun 11

Patagonia

#79389 Mar 7, 2013
KJV wrote:
<quoted text>
Why is this not a BIG story?
I'm often amazed at our lack of knowledge about history. Ordinary people are hungry for this information, yet the organizations responsible to disseminate these facts seem to have an agenda to keep us in the dark. This is especially true when it comes to our ancient human history.
I won't hold you in suspense with this article: The Ark of Noah has been found. It's real. I'll describe the evidence in some detail and end with the historical and religious implications.
How it was discovered
In 1959, Turkish army captain Llhan Durupinar discovered an unusual shape while examining aerial photographs of his country. The smooth shape, larger than a football field, stood out from the rough and rocky terrain at an altitude of 6,300 feet near the Turkish border with Iran.
Capt. Durupinar was familiar with the biblical accounts of the Ark and its association with Mount Ararat in Turkey, but he was reluctant to jump to any conclusions. The region was very remote, yet it was inhabited with small villages. No previous reports of an object this odd had been made before. So he forwarded the photographic negative to a famous aerial photography expert named Dr. Brandenburger, at Ohio State University.
Brandenburger was responsible for discovering the Cuban missile bases during the Kennedy era from reconnaissance photos, and after carefully studying the photo, he concluded: "I have no doubt at all, that this object is a ship. In my entire career, I have never seen an object like this on a stereo photo."
http://www.viewzone.com/noahx.html
An Ark has never been found on Mt. Ararat or any other mountain in the region.

Did you ever wonder why the debate is still going on?

Well, its because the Ark has never been found.
KJV

United States

#79390 Mar 7, 2013
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>And cut it all into blocks...
They had to make it look good didn't they?

Where else could all that sand come from?

You know I'm right!

St. Croix valley

#79391 Mar 7, 2013
Kong_ wrote:
<quoted text>
...and He uses the modern ENGLISH term "Earth" as well.
SO THERE!
Kind of like god would have referred to jesus' mother as mary, huh? pretty common name in aramaic that mary?

Why wouldn't god have kept their true names alive? perhaps it was just a one night stand kida deal...
KJV

United States

#79392 Mar 7, 2013
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>Yes, I am in fact aware of that. Just as I am aware that they were never all completely submerged simultaneously, unless of course you're counting the event which occurred 2.499 billion years before you claim the Earth was created.

KJV wrote, "I'm surprised atheist don't try and change the name of our planet seeing as to how God named it Earth. "

How could I count something that that happened before there was anything.
KJV

United States

#79393 Mar 7, 2013
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>Only in the sense that kids making arguments cover all bases, even when contradictory. And that is what fundamentalist creationists are - dishonest children.

However we win here because we can easily demonstrate where you are wrong. As well as easily demonstrate your intellectual dishonesty and hypocrisy.

We win in the scientific arena because reality agrees with us. That is why "creation science" is an oxymoron in academic terms.

We win in the courts because the courts agree with us. That is why creationism is illegal to teach in public schools and you've lost that one every single time since 1925.

We win in reality because reality agrees with us. That is why evolution occurred long before you were born and (barring WW3) will probably long after you're dust.

All you are left with is your ability to lie, and your burning desire that anyone who dares disagree with you to burn forever for eternity.

Fingers crossed, eh?
"However we win here because we can easily demonstrate where you are wrong"

Let's take a look at your easy proof!

I'll wait.
KJV

United States

#79394 Mar 7, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>Oh man, i missed that one! god named it Earth...

what a tool!
Genesis
The Beginning

1 In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth.
KJV

United States

#79395 Mar 7, 2013
Kong_ wrote:
<quoted text>...and He uses the modern ENGLISH term "Earth" as well.

SO THERE!
I used the English word for the Hebrew word. We are using English on this form so I used the English word. Where is this incorrect?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Word Association. (Nov '10) 2 min White Fire 16,690
NFL Football (Jul '10) 4 min David0407 1,640
Make a Story / 4 Words Only (Nov '08) 9 min UnderstandPeople 24,560
Texas Governor Rick Perry Indicted 9 min Bill 335
During Obama's Speech at Democratic Campaign Ra... 13 min liam cul8r 2
What are you thinking about now? (Jun '10) 15 min UnderstandPeople 22,207
Change 1 letter game! (Nov '11) 25 min Doug77 2,521
True or False Game 27 min Sublime1 348
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 40 min Sublime1 148,909
Ebola in America 3 hr Cracker Jacks 481