Evolution vs. Creation

Full story: Best of New Orleans

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.

Comments (Page 3,740)

Showing posts 74,781 - 74,800 of105,854
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 6, 2013

woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>it doesn'rt come up much in daily life, except when the religious cult people force the issue...
Have you even been reading these forums? Ya'll debate all the time. Amongst each other as well as with we "religious cult people". You'll have to excuse me now. It's time to dance naked around the campfire while playing our bongos loudly and chanting.
anonymous

Barberton, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 6, 2013

The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
Ah.
So we agree you have no evidence.
Of course, nobody has evidence other than current DNA. The question is in the math.

Me, I just doubt that the global distribution of humanity would be what it currently is without more than about 100,000 humans alive 10,000 years ago.

No need to get uptight! I'd rather see the mathematical assumptions before agreeing with those numbers.
Billy Bob Gramm

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 6, 2013

Judged:

woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>i have two homes and a cabin...where is my home town?
Are we still in day seven of creation?
Day being era?

If a day was 24 hours in the creation story then it is possible that God created a mature earth and a mature universe
After all he created a mature male human and mature human females and mature animals.

You would have nothing to combat God creating a mature earth and universe. Even though they could just be 6000 years old.

Or the day in Geneses is an era and not a 24 hour day. There is nothing supporting this idea but it is a possibility.

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 6, 2013

Judged:

Billy Bob Gramm wrote:
<quoted text>
Is the earth 6000 years old?
Was a day in creation 24 hours
Or an era?
neither. Creation is a fable. it never happened.

St. Croix valley

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 6, 2013

Judged:

Billy Bob Gramm wrote:
<quoted text>
Are we still in day seven of creation?
Day being era?
If a day was 24 hours in the creation story then it is possible that God created a mature earth and a mature universe
After all he created a mature male human and mature human females and mature animals.
You would have nothing to combat God creating a mature earth and universe. Even though they could just be 6000 years old.
Or the day in Geneses is an era and not a 24 hour day. There is nothing supporting this idea but it is a possibility.
no. tha did not happen we know this to be fact.

sorry charlie...

St. Croix valley

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 6, 2013

01Justsayin wrote:
<quoted text>
Have you even been reading these forums? Ya'll debate all the time. Amongst each other as well as with we "religious cult people". You'll have to excuse me now. It's time to dance naked around the campfire while playing our bongos loudly and chanting.
yes here it does. not in real life. in real life the concept of some mythical god does not come into play.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 6, 2013

woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>yes here it does. not in real life. in real life the concept of some mythical god does not come into play.
In real life, we wouldn't even be talking.

St. Croix valley

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 6, 2013

Judged:

01Justsayin wrote:
<quoted text>
In real life, we wouldn't even be talking.
you are correct. unless forced to stay, when people start with their religious cult stuff , I usually leave.

most of the crowds i hang around with, no-one would be that rude to bring their religious beliefs up in public.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 6, 2013

woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>you are correct. unless forced to stay, when people start with their religious cult stuff , I usually leave.

most of the crowds i hang around with, no-one would be that rude to bring their religious beliefs up in public.
Sure sure

St. Croix valley

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 6, 2013

01Justsayin wrote:
<quoted text>
Sure sure
Do you think it is a topic for general public discussion?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 6, 2013

I suppose that all depends on where I'm at and who I'm with. Would I discuss my personal beliefs with a random stranger in the ladies room? No way. I would discuss them say over a casual cup of coffee. Among other things.

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 6, 2013

Judged:

Cybele wrote:
Even if there is evidence for God, we will never have consensual validation for it.
Context of discovery is the initial phase of research, in which observations, beliefs, information, and general knowledge lead to a new idea or a different way of thinking about some phenomenon.
How would we achieve this if we don't first validate the existence of God or at least be open to the idea?
Your exactly right.They argue not from truth,but from the bias of a scienctific political agenda.

It's quite obvious what they are here for...the farthest thing from their minds is to be open to ideas...

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 6, 2013

Judged:

woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>not crafty at all. i use logic.
we can disprove the existence of the god in the christian bible by showing that the myth is based on lies.
Your posting style is familiar, who did you post under before jan. 13?
all you can "prove" is that it does fit in to the biased, monkey brained concepts of science.

The bible was not written, nor intended to prove science ideology.

“what we think we become”

Level 5

Since: Aug 11

above and beyond

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 6, 2013

Judged:

xxxooxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
Your exactly right.They argue not from truth,but from the bias of a scienctific political agenda.
It's quite obvious what they are here for...the farthest thing from their minds is to be open to ideas...
I'm really getting sick of arguing with them. Maybe it's time I do something else. This is pointless. You can shoot me an email whenever though. lol.

Level 9

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 6, 2013

Judged:

xxxooxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
I am happy to argue from the truth. The faults you just described are those of creationists, not of scientists.

I tell you what. Evolution is a fact, we all know it. Yet you seem to have a problem with it.

What is your strongest piece of evidence against evolution?

I will tell you, nicely, how you are wrong.

“Nihil curo de ista tua stulta ”

Since: May 08

Orlando

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 6, 2013

Billy Bob Gramm wrote:
<quoted text>
Of real old water.
ALL water is 'very old'.

You just haven't thought it out very well.

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 6, 2013

Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
I have mentioned repeatedly the bible is a myth.
I did not assert whether you did or not, just stating that little fact.
nickak2003

Sunspot, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 7, 2013

Judged:

in the adam and eve video, you'll notice it says that the said people didn't exists at the same time. You probably didn't catch that part.

Furthermore, its impossible for a single couple to create an entire population. Maybe if adam screwed his daughters or something, then maybe. But then you'd still have the issue with inbreeding and such. Go Figure. Doesn't work with modern genetics, why would it have worked in the past?

You're right, professor, something did happen to give rise to life. It's called physics. Life is an emergent force of nature. It's inevitable given the right conditions and time.
FREE SERVANT

Bellevue, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 7, 2013

Judged:

Adam lived for hundreds of years and he may have fathered many children. If over hundreds of years those children had an average of two offspring each, just the doublings would bring us to a great number only after 4900 years or so.

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 7, 2013

Judged:

FREE SERVANT wrote:
Adam lived for hundreds of years and he may have fathered many children. If over hundreds of years those children had an average of two offspring each, just the doublings would bring us to a great number only after 4900 years or so.
Yeah, but the population doesn't "just double" every year. Duh.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 74,781 - 74,800 of105,854
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

252 Users are viewing the Weird Forum right now

Search the Weird Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 6 min Princess Hey 131,406
Missing Boy Found Safe ... in Toy Claw Machine 8 min Doc J 6
Last Post Wins! (Aug '08) 8 min David0407 136,092
El's Kitchen (Feb '09) 15 min tallyho 33,412
OFFBEAT.keepAword.DropAword.2011edition (Oct '11) 17 min La Leche 16,397
Word Association. (Nov '10) 18 min Bezeer 15,562
Keep a Word.....Drop a Word Game (Sep '13) 19 min Reverse Cowgirl 3,694
clark county nevada rancher facing tyranny from... 20 min tallyho 127
Coffee with Pie! (Sep '08) 31 min Billy R 34,881