Evolution vs. Creation

Evolution vs. Creation

There are 221789 comments on the Best of New Orleans story from Jan 6, 2011, titled Evolution vs. Creation. In it, Best of New Orleans reports that:

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Best of New Orleans.

KJV

United States

#79309 Mar 7, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>no. tha did not happen we know this to be fact.

sorry charlie...
Who's we?

You better look up the meaning of the word "fact" you appear to be miss using it.
CBOW

Abbottstown, PA

#79310 Mar 7, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>In fact. they are pretty sure they know eactly what tools they used and how they built them.
are you living in the past? Bet on Dewey to win the election dude, you'll make a killing!
Do tell what the tools were.

Level 9

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

#79311 Mar 7, 2013
KJV wrote:
<quoted text>
I wouldn't worry. Huge difference between made up gods and the God of the bible.
Trouble is you can't see that difference.
Really?

Name one.

“what we think we become”

Level 5

Since: Aug 11

above and beyond

#79312 Mar 7, 2013
thewordofme wrote:
<quoted text>MY GOD cybele.....you're white! OMG
Are u being sarcastic?
KJV

United States

#79313 Mar 7, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>you are correct. unless forced to stay, when people start with their religious cult stuff , I usually leave.

most of the crowds i hang around with, no-one would be that rude to bring their religious beliefs up in public.
That's the way atheist are we all know that they are a shamed of their religion.

“what we think we become”

Level 5

Since: Aug 11

above and beyond

#79314 Mar 7, 2013
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>Actually no, I don't think you're a typical fundie. I find you to be a little more schizophrenic, sometimes saying smart things and other times not. I was just pointing out that you may understand the fundie's frustration during those times you argue against reality.

Also remember, I am no more Godless than you.
There's no god. He only exists in your mind. That makes you delusional. lol
KJV

United States

#79315 Mar 7, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>that's right! you were cruising the keys, right? glad you had a good time.

personally, i've never had the desire to do a cruise. i'd rather go to one place and park my skinny white but on some beach and stay there till the melanoma sets in nice and deep...
"my skinny white but"

It's butt by the way.
The Dude

Macclesfield, UK

#79316 Mar 7, 2013
bohart wrote:
<quoted text>
Good point, thousands of years ago the great pyramid was built and no one has come up with a decent idea of how they did it.
Actually yes they do. Lots of men with lots of rope.
bohart wrote:
A mechainical engineer did a study for Graham Hancock
... that would be the guy who thinks our "Gods" were Martians (and yes, I've read his book)...
bohart wrote:
in the 1980's about whether the United states could build the great pyramid of Giza today. It was doubtful, all the rock quarries in the U.S. would have to triple production , and run around the clock for 20 years just to make and get ready the one million stones each over a ton that were required.This using modern machinery , logistics, roads and methods.
Of course that was setting things in the US, which also has to take modern US economics into account. In the meantime much of the rock required for the pyramids was already nearby and Egypt had a much more centralized population than the US. And of that population that was made use of, mostly all that was needed was farmers and pyramid workers. They didn't need to worry about many of the jobs that are relied upon in a modern society. They also had a vested interest in getting their Pharaoh to join the other Gods in the heavens, so they too could serve beside him in the afterlife. Plug away at this for a few decades with literally thousands and thousands of people and eventually you will have yourself a pyramid. Today would require planning permission from the council, health and safety, hardhat distribution, accountants to sort out appropriate pay for miners and construction workers, lawyers, union workers, fuel and vehicle logistics, environmentalists, protesters from PETA and all sorts of superfluous nonsense before you could even think about getting off the ground. Comparing the two is quite disingenuous.
bohart wrote:
That slaves with ropes, logs and copper tools did it is stupid.
You're right, especially as slaves involved in the project were comparatively few. There undoubtedly were some, as slaves were present in every major power back then, however the old view that the pyramids were built on the backs of a million Hebrew slaves is a known fallacy.
bohart wrote:
If ancient peoples could accomplish that then an ark would have been pretty simple.
Interesting. I would very much like to know how it would have been "pretty simple" for eight people to build a 24th century Galaxy class starship in 4,000 BC in just one week. Could you elaborate?

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#79317 Mar 7, 2013
CBOW wrote:
<quoted text>
Do tell what the tools were.
here. let me help you. i know how inept you are from past conversations...

http://lmgtfy.com/...

Good luck on your education...

St. Croix valley

#79318 Mar 7, 2013
KJV wrote:
<quoted text>
That's the way atheist are we all know that they are a shamed of their religion.
no, I don't hang around openly rude people...
The Dude

Macclesfield, UK

#79319 Mar 7, 2013
KJV wrote:
<quoted text>
I wouldn't worry. Huge difference between made up gods and the God of the bible.
Trouble is you can't see that difference.
And neither can the fundies. Which is why we ask them to explain that difference in an objectively verifiable manner that passes the scientific method they fail.

Epically.

Every.

Single.

Time.

And they still can't understand why.

St. Croix valley

#79320 Mar 7, 2013
KJV wrote:
<quoted text>
Then what are we?
i am a homo sapien. i am not yet sure abpout you. i'm leaning towards one of those little purse dogs, but the way you simply repeat things you clearly do not understand, i'm might have to go with one of the parrot species.

too close to call...

Level 9

Everett, WA

#79321 Mar 7, 2013
KJV wrote:
<quoted text>
Then what are we?
You don't know? We are of course hominids, which are members of the family Simiada, which are mammals, which of course are vertebrates, which of course are members of chordata which are eukaryotes.

Any other questions?
KJV

United States

#79322 Mar 7, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>Wrong, Noah is a myth.

There was no Noah, there was no worldwide flood.

He is a character in a fairy tale.
Here's a list of a few places that have their own version of a WORLD WIDE FLOOD:

Europe
Greek, Arcadian, Samothrace
Roman
Scandinavian, German
Celtic, Welsh
Lithuanian, Transylvanian Gypsy
Turkey
Near East
Sumerian
Egypt, Babylonian, Assyrian, Chaldean, Hebrew, Islamic
Persian, Zoroastrian
Africa
Cameroon
Masai (East Africa), Komililo Nandi, Kwaya (Lake Victoria)
Southwest Tanzania, Pygmy, Ababua (northern Zaire), Kikuyu (Kenya), Bakongo (west Zaire), Bachokwe?(southern Zaire), Lower Congo, Basonge, Bena-Lulua (Congo River, southeast Zaire)
Yoruba (southwest Nigeria), Efik-Ibibio (Nigeria), Ekoi (Nigeria)
Mandingo (Ivory Coast)
Asia
Vogul
Samoyed (north Siberia)
Yenisey-Ostyak (north central Siberia), Kamchadale (northeast Siberia)
Altaic (central Asia), Tuvinian (Soyot)(north of Mongolia)
Mongolia, Buryat (eastern Siberia)
Sagaiye (eastern Siberia)
Russian
Hindu, Bhil (central India), Kamar (Raipur District, Central India), Assam
Tamil (southern India)
Lepcha (Sikkim), Tibet, Singpho (Assam), Lushai (Assam), Lisu (northwest Yunnan, China), Lolo (southwestern China), Jino (southern Yunnan, China), Karen (Burma), Chingpaw (Upper Burma)
China
Korea
Munda (north-central India), Santal (Bengal), Ho (southwestern Bengal)
Bahnar (Cochin China), Kammu (northern Thailand)
Andaman Islands (Bay of Bengal)
KJV

United States

#79323 Mar 7, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:

Part 2

Zhuang (China), Sui (southern Guizhou, China), Shan (Burma)
Tsuwo (Formosa interior), Bunun (Formosa interior), Ami (eastern Taiwan)
Benua-Jakun (Malay Peninsula), Kelantan (Malay Peninsula), Ifugao (Philippines), Kiangan Ifugao, Atá(Philippines), Mandaya (Philippines), Tinguian (Luzon, Philippines)
Batak (Sumatra), Nias (an island west of Sumatra), Engano (another island west of Sumatra), Dusun (British North Borneo), Dyak (Borneo), Ot-Danom (Dutch Borneo), Toradja (central Celebes), Alfoor (between Celebes and New Guinea), Rotti (southwest of Timor), Nage (Flores)
Australia
Arnhem Land (northern Northern Territory)
Maung (Goulburn Islands, Arnhem Land), Gunwinggu (northern Arnhem Land)
Gumaidj (Arnhem Land)
Manger (Arnhem Land)
Fitzroy River area (Western Australia)
Australian, Mount Elliot (coastal Queensland), Western Australia, Andingari (South Australia), Wiranggu (South Australia), Narrinyeri (South Australia), Victoria, Lake Tyres (Victoria), Kurnai (Gippsland, Victoria), southeast Australian
Maori (New Zealand)
Pacific Islands
Kabadi (New Guinea), Valman (northern New Guinea), Mamberao River (Irian Jaya), Samo-Kubo (western Papua New Guinea), Papua New Guinea
Palau Islands (Micronesia), western Carolines
New Hebrides, Lifou (one of the Loyalty Islands), Fiji
Samoa, Nanumanga (Tuvalu, South Pacific), Mangaia (Cook Islands), Rakaanga (Cook Islands), Raiatea (Leeward Group, French Polynesia), Tahiti, Hawaii
North America
Innuit, Eskimo (Orowignarak, Alaska), Norton Sound Eskimo, Central Eskimo, Tchiglit Eskimo (Arctic Ocean), Herschel Island Eskimo, Netsilik Eskimo, Greenlander
Tlingit (southern Alaska coast), Hareskin (Alaska), Tinneh (Alaska and south), Loucheux (Dindjie)(Alaska), Dogrib and Slave (Tinneh tribes), Kaska (northern inland British Columbia), Thompson Indians (British Columbia), Sarcee (Alberta), Tsetsaut
Haida (Queen Charlotte Is., British Columbia), Tsimshian (British Columbia)
Kwakiutl (British Columbia)
Kootenay (southeast British Columbia), Squamish (British Columbia), Bella Coola (British Columbia), Lillooet (Green River, British Columbia), Makah (Cape Flattery, Washington), Klallam (northwest Washington), Skokomish (Washington), Skagit (Washington), Quillayute (Washington), Nisqually (Washington), Twana (Puget Sound, Washington), Kathlamet
KJV

United States

#79324 Mar 7, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:

Part 3

Cascade Mountains
Spokana, Nez Perce, Cayuse (eastern Washington), Yakima (Washington), Warm Springs (Oregon), Joshua (southern Oregon), Smith River (northern California coast), Wintu (north central California), Maidu (central California), Northern Miwok (central California), Tuleyome Miwok (near Clear Lake, California), Olamentko Miwok (Bodega Bay, California) Ohlone (San Francisco to Monterey, California)
Kato (Mendocino County, California)
Shasta (northern California interior), Pomo (north central California), Salinan (California), Yuma (western Arizona, southern California), Havasupai (lower Colorado River)
Ashochimi (California)
Yurok (north California coast), Blackfoot (Alberta and Montana), Cree (Canada), Timagami Ojibway (Canada), Chippewa (Ontario, Minnesota, Wisconsin), Ottawa, Menomini (Wisconsin-Michigan border), Cheyenne (Minnesota), Yellowstone, Montagnais (northern Gulf of St. Lawrence), Micmac (eastern Maritime Canada), Algonquin (upper Ottowa River), Lenape (Delaware)(Delaware to New York)
Cherokee (Great Lakes area; eastern Tennessee)
Mandan (North Dakota), Lakota
Choctaw (Mississippi), Natchez (Lower Mississippi)
Chitimacha (Southern Louisiana)
Caddo (Oklahoma, Arkansas), Pawnee (Nebraska)
Navajo (Four Corners area), Jicarilla Apache (northeastern New Mexico)
Sia (northeast Arizona)
Acagchemem (near San Juan Capistrano, California), Luiseño (Southern California), Pima (southwest Arizona), Papago (Arizona), Hopi (northeast Arizona), Zuni (New Mexico)
Central America
Tarascan (northern Michoacan, Mexico), Michoacan (Mexico)
Yaqui (Sonoran, Northern Mexico), Tarahumara (Northern Mexico), Huichol (western Mexico), Cora (east of the Huichols), Tepecano (southeast of the Huichols), Tepehua (eastern Mexico), Toltec (Mexico), Nahua (central Mexico), Tlaxcalan (central Mexico)
Tlapanec (south central Mexico), Mixtec (northern Oaxaca, Mexico), Zapotec (Oaxaca, southern Mexico), Trique (Oaxaca, southern Mexico)
Totonac (eastern Mexico)
Chol (southern Mexico), Tzeltal (Chiapas, southern Mexico), Quiché(Guatemala), Maya (southern Mexico and Guatemala)
Popoluca (Veracruz, Mexico)
Nicaragua, Panama
Carib (Antilles)
South America
Acawai (Orinoco), Arekuna (Guyana), Makiritare (Venezuela), Macusi (British Guyana)
Muysca (Colombia), Yaruro (southern Venezuela)
Yanomamö(southern Venezuela)
Tamanaque (Orinoco), Arawak (Guyana), Pamary, Abedery, and Kataushy (Purus R., Brazil), Ipurina (Upper Amazon)
Jivaro (eastern Ecuador), Shuar (Andes)
Murato (eastern Ecuador)
Cañari (Quito, Ecuador)
Guanca and Chiquito (Peru)
Ancasmarca (near Cuzco, Peru), Canelos Quechua, Quechua, Inca (Peru), Colla (high Andes)
Chiriguano (southeast Bolivia)
Chorote (Eastern Paraguay)
Eastern Brazil (Rio de Janiero region), Eastern Brazil (Cape Frio region), Caraya (Araguaia River, central Brazil), Coroado (south Brazil)
Araucania (coastal Chile)
Toba (northern Argentina)
Selk'nam (southern tip of Argentina)
Yamana (Tierra del Fuego)
CBOW

Abbottstown, PA

#79325 Mar 7, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>here. let me help you. i know how inept you are from past conversations...
http://lmgtfy.com/...
Good luck on your education...
Merely a hypothesis. Proof, not conjecture, please.
CBOW

Abbottstown, PA

#79326 Mar 7, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>no, I don't hang around openly rude people...
Must be difficult being in the same room with yourself, huh?

Level 9

Everett, WA

#79327 Mar 7, 2013
KJV, I can guarantee you that not all of the stories you link were about a worldwide flood. Many of them are simply flood stories. And since most civilizations are on water that floods occasionally most civilizations have some sort of flood myth.

Who woulda thunk it?

Now if you want to claim a worldwide flood you need to do better than to come up with a list of fairy tales that can be explained away with logic and common sense. You need scientific evidence for a worldwide flood, and there is none.
FREE SERVANT
#79328 Mar 7, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>upwelling from where?
Salt is brought up from beneath the earths crust by the foluntains of the deep.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
OFFBEAT.keepAword.DropAword.2011edition (Oct '11) 2 min Judy 123 20,873
2words into 2new words (May '12) 5 min Judy 123 8,373
One Word (Jan '09) 9 min Judy 123 18,337
next word game (Apr '13) 17 min Judy 123 921
Word Association 2 (Sep '13) 23 min Judy 123 24,077
Word Association (Mar '10) 25 min Judy 123 22,378
Words "with more than one meaning" (Sep '12) 27 min Judy 123 1,047
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 37 min CJ Rocker 220,709
A to Z songs by title or group! (Dec '16) 1 hr Judy 123 2,118
Poll What are you thinking right now? (May '08) 1 hr Pie Contenst 4,593