Evolution vs. Creation

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008. Full Story

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#79209 Mar 6, 2013
Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
When did I mention that I take the bible literally? I do respect the literature much like the Egyptian myth or the Buddhist teachings or the Taoist philosophy.
no one ever sadi you take it literally.

you have some reading comprehension problems as someone else pointed out...(or you use it to dodge when caught out in your bs...)

St. Croix valley

#79210 Mar 6, 2013
01Justsayin wrote:
<quoted text>
According to Dictionary.com :
1. the doctrine or belief that there is no God.
2. disbelief in the existence of a supreme being or beings.
While I respect his extremely honest opinion, it does not correspond with the definition of a typical atheist. A fact I found to be...interesting.
Your definition does not jibe with most nonbelievers today....but then nost of them do not call themselves atheists. just nonbelievers or freethinkers.

it is hard to disbelieve something that has no evidence whatsoever of ever existing. kind of like not believing in the easter bunny, people don't wake up everyday and poder if the bunny exists or not. it is a non issue. an old myuth that no rational person takes seriously or even thinks about much.

“And the Horse You Rode in On”

Level 1

Since: Sep 08

Minneapolis

#79211 Mar 6, 2013
FREE SERVANT wrote:
<quoted text>It is not that funny. You are making fun of something you should not.
I am glad you found it somewhat funny.

I find it very amusing that people actually believe the story.

How did you arrive at the conclusion I was making fun of the story? I simply summed it up.

St. Croix valley

#79212 Mar 6, 2013
Billy Bob Gramm wrote:
<quoted text>
If you don't your damned.
if you do, you are damned by a couple thousand other gods...can't win for tryin'....

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

#79213 Mar 6, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>Your definition does not jibe with most nonbelievers today....but then nost of them do not call themselves atheists. just nonbelievers or freethinkers.

it is hard to disbelieve something that has no evidence whatsoever of ever existing. kind of like not believing in the easter bunny, people don't wake up everyday and poder if the bunny exists or not. it is a non issue. an old myuth that no rational person takes seriously or even thinks about much.
The definition I presented to you is not my own but that of dictionary.com 's. Feel free to not jibe with them. What you non believers call yourselves is up to you. Thanks for the update on the lingo, though. That which you spend your time pondering is also on you. The inner workings of your own personal mind is strictly a you thing. For people who don't think about that "old myth" very much, nonbelievers sure do debate it a lot.

St. Croix valley

#79214 Mar 6, 2013
01Justsayin wrote:
<quoted text>
The definition I presented to you is not my own but that of dictionary.com 's. Feel free to not jibe with them. What you non believers call yourselves is up to you. Thanks for the update on the lingo, though. That which you spend your time pondering is also on you. The inner workings of your own personal mind is strictly a you thing. For people who don't think about that "old myth" very much, nonbelievers sure do debate it a lot.
it doesn'rt come up much in daily life, except when the religious cult people force the issue...

St. Croix valley

#79215 Mar 6, 2013
01Justsayin wrote:
<quoted text>
so you'vew been talking about atheists like you are pretty knowledgable about them, yet you admit you're not really up on the terms or definition?

you're slippin some more...

where's that objectivity? hmmmmm...
Billy Bob Gramm

United States

#79216 Mar 6, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>there is very old water coming from some of the aquifers in the plateau. older than the fundies think the earth is by millennia...
Is the earth 6000 years old?

Was a day in creation 24 hours
Or an era?

Location hidden

#79217 Mar 6, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>it doesn'rt come up much in daily life, except when the religious cult people force the issue...
Have you even been reading these forums? Ya'll debate all the time. Amongst each other as well as with we "religious cult people". You'll have to excuse me now. It's time to dance naked around the campfire while playing our bongos loudly and chanting.
anonymous

Barberton, OH

#79218 Mar 6, 2013
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
Ah.
So we agree you have no evidence.
Of course, nobody has evidence other than current DNA. The question is in the math.

Me, I just doubt that the global distribution of humanity would be what it currently is without more than about 100,000 humans alive 10,000 years ago.

No need to get uptight! I'd rather see the mathematical assumptions before agreeing with those numbers.
Billy Bob Gramm

United States

#79219 Mar 6, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>i have two homes and a cabin...where is my home town?
Are we still in day seven of creation?
Day being era?

If a day was 24 hours in the creation story then it is possible that God created a mature earth and a mature universe
After all he created a mature male human and mature human females and mature animals.

You would have nothing to combat God creating a mature earth and universe. Even though they could just be 6000 years old.

Or the day in Geneses is an era and not a 24 hour day. There is nothing supporting this idea but it is a possibility.

St. Croix valley

#79220 Mar 6, 2013
Billy Bob Gramm wrote:
<quoted text>
Is the earth 6000 years old?
Was a day in creation 24 hours
Or an era?
neither. Creation is a fable. it never happened.

St. Croix valley

#79221 Mar 6, 2013
Billy Bob Gramm wrote:
<quoted text>
Are we still in day seven of creation?
Day being era?
If a day was 24 hours in the creation story then it is possible that God created a mature earth and a mature universe
After all he created a mature male human and mature human females and mature animals.
You would have nothing to combat God creating a mature earth and universe. Even though they could just be 6000 years old.
Or the day in Geneses is an era and not a 24 hour day. There is nothing supporting this idea but it is a possibility.
no. tha did not happen we know this to be fact.

sorry charlie...

St. Croix valley

#79222 Mar 6, 2013
01Justsayin wrote:
<quoted text>
Have you even been reading these forums? Ya'll debate all the time. Amongst each other as well as with we "religious cult people". You'll have to excuse me now. It's time to dance naked around the campfire while playing our bongos loudly and chanting.
yes here it does. not in real life. in real life the concept of some mythical god does not come into play.

Location hidden

#79223 Mar 6, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>yes here it does. not in real life. in real life the concept of some mythical god does not come into play.
In real life, we wouldn't even be talking.

St. Croix valley

#79224 Mar 6, 2013
01Justsayin wrote:
<quoted text>
In real life, we wouldn't even be talking.
you are correct. unless forced to stay, when people start with their religious cult stuff , I usually leave.

most of the crowds i hang around with, no-one would be that rude to bring their religious beliefs up in public.

Location hidden

#79225 Mar 6, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>you are correct. unless forced to stay, when people start with their religious cult stuff , I usually leave.

most of the crowds i hang around with, no-one would be that rude to bring their religious beliefs up in public.
Sure sure

St. Croix valley

#79226 Mar 6, 2013
01Justsayin wrote:
<quoted text>
Sure sure
Do you think it is a topic for general public discussion?

Location hidden

#79227 Mar 6, 2013
I suppose that all depends on where I'm at and who I'm with. Would I discuss my personal beliefs with a random stranger in the ladies room? No way. I would discuss them say over a casual cup of coffee. Among other things.

“All things considered”

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#79228 Mar 6, 2013
Cybele wrote:
Even if there is evidence for God, we will never have consensual validation for it.
Context of discovery is the initial phase of research, in which observations, beliefs, information, and general knowledge lead to a new idea or a different way of thinking about some phenomenon.
How would we achieve this if we don't first validate the existence of God or at least be open to the idea?
Your exactly right.They argue not from truth,but from the bias of a scienctific political agenda.

It's quite obvious what they are here for...the farthest thing from their minds is to be open to ideas...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What are you thinking about now? (Jun '10) 3 min Mega Monster 25,698
Is it possible to....... 5 min AliceBlue 570
Word Association 2 (Sep '13) 6 min Mega Monster 7,575
The BIZARRE reasons why men rape in India 7 min Yupp111 1,077
keep a word drop a word (Sep '12) 15 min grocery list 6,955
tellmealie (Dec '12) 15 min Old Sam 325
Funny!! Word association game. (Nov '13) 16 min Old Sam 2,148
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 2 hr Roy 152,480
Let's Play Song Titles With One Word? 2 hr X Crypsis X 309
More from around the web