Evolution vs. Creation

Evolution vs. Creation

There are 201605 comments on the Best of New Orleans story from Jan 6, 2011, titled Evolution vs. Creation. In it, Best of New Orleans reports that:

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Best of New Orleans.

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

#79151 Mar 6, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>What magic? there is no magic as yet ever shown to have happened.

are you refering to future magic that may or may not ever happen?
On the contrary, good fellow. One must actually believe in magic to be able to see it.

Location hidden

#79152 Mar 6, 2013
Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>you're a joke that no one takes seriously
Ooooh snap! lol Burn!

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#79153 Mar 6, 2013
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
Ah, his divinity mythical, perhaps. But not all Buddhists worship Buddha as divine. He is just a teacher. Enlightenment on the other hand is merely a state of mind.
perhaps. still an unproven concept. buddhism also relies on many gods and mythical, magical concepts that have no evidence of existing.

St. Croix valley

#79154 Mar 6, 2013
01Justsayin wrote:
<quoted text>
Lol Now you are an expert on the u.s. public school system? Apologies. I wasn't aware. While it is true that many well educated people have been a part of the system, that doesn't make the system itself any more or less corrupt. The fact that they made it at all reflects more upon the individual rather than the system itself. If you believe that the system is not flawed, then you obviously haven't seen, read, heard the news lately. Living under a rock are we, troglodyte?
you make many illogical assumptions. i stated a fact about the system. in no way did i express any expertise or claim such about the system.

is there any reason you felt the need to put that false attack on me?

you should perhaps study "your bible" about the morals of your actions...

St. Croix valley

#79155 Mar 6, 2013
01Justsayin wrote:
<quoted text>
Ooooh snap! lol Burn!
Sticking by that never posted under another name quote?

St. Croix valley

#79156 Mar 6, 2013
01Justsayin wrote:
<quoted text>
On the contrary, good fellow. One must actually believe in magic to be able to see it.
but many people believe in it and there is still not one example of it ever. not one. none. zero. not even a card trick that isn't slight of hand. zippo. zilch.

seems even believing in it doesn't make it happen in the real world...

Location hidden

#79157 Mar 6, 2013
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>I haven't mentioned any beliefs on my part. And I keep telling you that I don't have to disprove non-scientific concepts.

01Justsayin wrote, "The u.s. public school system is a joke. That's another conversation altogether. "

Perhaps. However the specifics that's relevant to this thread is the constant attack on public school education by fundamentalist creationists wishing to illegally insert religious apologetics. That is something us mean old evo's have an issue with.
Officially less cool! My stance on the u.s. public school system isn't a religious one at all, oh presumptive one. Quite frankly, I've seen the village. It's filled with idiots. I don't want them helping me raise my children. Your opinion on my choice is irrelevant. It's not for you to make. At the same time, it baffles me how your logical, analytical brain can so easily dismiss things which you cannot prove or disprove using the scientific method as being altogether non-existent. There is no logic in that. No matter. You are entitled to your own opinion. Just don't expect me to share your narrow-minded viewpoint.

St. Croix valley

#79158 Mar 6, 2013
01Justsayin wrote:
<quoted text>
Aren't you a funny one? The only thing I keep repeating is that the scientific method cannot be used to prove or disprove the existence of God. That's just fact. The differing opinions on said fact do not make it any more or less factual. We each see the world through our own eyes. However facts are absolute. My only problem, then, is when people misrepresent their own opinion for absolute truth. Thereby condemning any and everyone whose opinions are contrary to their own. That's not enlightenment at all. That's something altogether different.
"misrepresent their own opinion for absolute truth"...
you mean like the statement you just made about magic?

are you really that unaware of what it is you are saying?

Sheesh!

Location hidden

#79159 Mar 6, 2013
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>The Dude abides.

;-)
Don't hurt yourself, the dude. It was only a compliment.

Location hidden

#79160 Mar 6, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>your Bible? i thought you weren't a part of any organized religion..

hmmm...

sounds just like all the others i mentioned previously who claim to be independent, but really aren't.

any other of your claims that are going to turn out to be false also?
Yes. My Bible. As in I do have my own personal copy of one. I also process a copy of the apocrypha, the talmud, the Quran, the midrash, the works of Leonardo de Vinci, the complete works of Poe (E.A.), a book on mythology, and various others including (but not limited to) a romance novel about a woman who falls in love with Cain. None of which I am currently, nor have I been, thumping. Your opinion of me matters very little.

St. Croix valley

#79161 Mar 6, 2013
01Justsayin wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes. My Bible. As in I do have my own personal copy of one. I also process a copy of the apocrypha, the talmud, the Quran, the midrash, the works of Leonardo de Vinci, the complete works of Poe (E.A.), a book on mythology, and various others including (but not limited to) a romance novel about a woman who falls in love with Cain. None of which I am currently, nor have I been, thumping. Your opinion of me matters very little.
sure pal. sure...your slipping a little with each post...

Langoliers

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

#79162 Mar 6, 2013
MAAT wrote:
masturbation:
It's relative and depends f.i. on the first girlfriends viewpoint.
If she for instance knew this:
Fact 1.)HighFructoseGlucoseSugar is very bad for the body. It makes you stupid for one.
Fact 2.)
Fructose surrounds sperm, so a natural way to get rid of this detrimental substance. Ejaculated with other substances like putricense and cadaverine that the blood will transport to excrete, all as breakdown products of a.o. cell-growth promoting glycogene that will however also benefit from putricense in the short term.

And thinking about it, it might compensate for that missing 'rib-bone'.

Normally it would take about 2.7 years from a first kiss to an actual first sexual experience.
I wonder what would happen with this period of time if those facts became better known.

So it could actually make men smarter.
(Though how often depends on how much fructose amasses and is consumed)

Well, how often can a male take the retort:
" You must think i want to become stupid! You can keep your fructose and necro-sperm!"

I haven't come across an article yet as to what women can ejaculate, to keep in the same terms.

---but we forgot all about the chemical love reaction.
"And thinking about it, it might compensate for that missing 'rib-bone'."

There is no missing rib bone.

Langoliers

Location hidden

#79163 Mar 6, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>god bless the onion!
Spoken like a true Theist.

Langoliers

Location hidden

#79164 Mar 6, 2013
anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>What!!! OK, maybe I did!

I think sending 18 year olds to fight your wars is contemptible. Solve unemployment another way.
Sound good to me.

Location hidden

#79165 Mar 6, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>sure pal. sure...your slipping a little with each post...
sure pal. sure

Langoliers

Location hidden

#79166 Mar 6, 2013
anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>Or maybe identifying child molesters isn't a high priority for you.
"identifying child molesters "

Only in the morgue
The Dude

Macclesfield, UK

#79167 Mar 6, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>perhaps. still an unproven concept. buddhism also relies on many gods and mythical, magical concepts that have no evidence of existing.
In the olden days. As I understood it the more modern version of Buddhism doesn't rely on those old myths and is more about reaching spiritual (i.e. psychological) harmony. Though some theists may adopt some of its precepts also. Dogen could probably explain it all better though, he's our resident Buddhist around these parts.

Langoliers

Location hidden

#79168 Mar 6, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>You need both hydrogen and oxygen for water. your god should have taken 6th grade science....
Ok I'll let God know.

St. Croix valley

#79169 Mar 6, 2013
Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
Spoken like a true Theist.
hey Langoliers...where ya been?

;b

Langoliers

Location hidden

#79170 Mar 6, 2013
thewordofme wrote:
<quoted text>Yes, I like the Hopi legends also. The part about the tribes coming through the sipapu in the kiva into their new world (present day) is pretty neat.

Have you been to any of the ruins in New Mexico and Arizona?

Louis L'Amore has a really good book called "Haunted Mesa" that goes into the myth pretty deeply. Of course it's all fiction, but it explores the myth very neatly.
" http://www.grandcanyontreks.org/geology2.htm

"Inevitably, some of these visitors will turn to a park ranger and ask: "How did the Grand Canyon get formed? Why did this happen here and nowhere else?"

The honest answer is that nobody knows. One hundred and thirty-one years after John Wesley Powell first mapped the Colorado River by riding its 161 rapids in heavy wooden boats, no one can prove how the canyon was formed.

But it is not for lack of trying.

Geologists are puzzle freaks who love nothing more than collecting fragmentary clues -- clumps of gravel, fossilized shells and pollens, the dates that muddy sediments were deposited in dried-up lakes or whole mountain ranges were lifted -- and then trying desperately to figure out how the modern topography before their eyes was produced.

More.....

The modern Colorado appears to be a young river that flows out of the Rockies and hits a huge plateau, called the Kaibab Upwarp, which is 50 million to 70 million years old. Instead of being shunted away from this barrier, the river runs right through it. Moreover, when sediments from the river are examined closely, it is clear that the western end of the canyon -- where it flattens out and begins its final run to the Gulf of California -- is many millions of years younger than the eastern part of the river.

To many experts, this difference means that the Grand Canyon could have been cobbled together from ancient river basins that were created during different geologic eras. But if so, when and how were those ancient rivers formed and where did they go? "

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Last 3 Letters into 3 new words. (Dec '08) 2 min andet1987 59,572
Word Association 2 (Sep '13) 3 min Dont_You_Dare 18,471
WHAT???? A NEW word game? FOUR WORDS (Sep '08) 5 min andet1987 44,383
*add A word / drop a word* (Nov '12) 6 min Princess Hey 13,508
El's Kitchen (Feb '09) 8 min 8541 MARINE 58,092
2words into 2new words (May '12) 9 min andet1987 2,919
Make A Sentance out of a 5 letter word. (Nov '09) 12 min andet1987 35,613
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 23 min Sharlene45 194,478
What Turns You Off (Jun '11) 49 min Dman 7,845
TRUMP, Donald (Jun '15) 1 hr andet1987 192