Evolution vs. Creation

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008. Full Story

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

#79071 Mar 6, 2013
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>Thank you.
You're welcome?

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

#79072 Mar 6, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>but we can use it to show that the creation myth is wrong. it just doesn't match up with the real world facts...
I won't debate that. I really see no point in it.

“Pissing people off since 1949”

Level 8

Since: Apr 08

Seffner, FL

#79073 Mar 6, 2013
01Justsayin wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes but you didn't quote what I said afterward. You just took a snippet and ran with it.
Likely because that was freakin AFTERWARDS!
01Justsayin wrote:
What am I running away from exactly?
Your
own
words

Get it yet?

“Pissing people off since 1949”

Level 8

Since: Apr 08

Seffner, FL

#79074 Mar 6, 2013
01Justsayin wrote:
<quoted text>
So your standpoint is that I am not wrong?
About which?

Since: Mar 11

Minnesota's North Coast

#79075 Mar 6, 2013
01Justsayin wrote:
<quoted text>
I won't debate that. I really see no point in it.
yes, i'm sure you don't. it would be an objective look at the facts in the issue. and those facts would show that the religious cults are pushing a lie. the whole concept of the god you believe in is based on those lies.

yes, i can certainly see why you wouldn't want to look at that objectively, as you stated people should do...

“Pissing people off since 1949”

Level 8

Since: Apr 08

Seffner, FL

#79076 Mar 6, 2013
01Justsayin wrote:
<quoted text>
So I have voices in my head now? lol That's a new one. Not intending to go round any bend. How can you say something doesn't exist when you can't use the scientific method to prove that it doesn't? All you can do is state your opinion on the matter.
OK, you're a freaking loony. I haven't said one damn thing about proving or disproving any god. Why do you keep harping on this?

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

#79077 Mar 6, 2013
MikeF wrote:
<quoted text>Likely because that was freakin AFTERWARDS!

01Justsayin wrote, "What am I running away from exactly? "

Your
own
words

Get it yet?
*shakes head* This is a complete waste of time. Kindly show me the words I am supposedly running away from so we can address this once and for all.

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

#79078 Mar 6, 2013
MikeF wrote:
<quoted text>About which?
*sighs* In believing in a God whose existence cannot be disproven using the scientific method.

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

#79079 Mar 6, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>yes, i'm sure you don't. it would be an objective look at the facts in the issue. and those facts would show that the religious cults are pushing a lie. the whole concept of the god you believe in is based on those lies.

yes, i can certainly see why you wouldn't want to look at that objectively, as you stated people should do...
Lol Crafty little bugger aren't you? I have no problem looking at them objectively. I've spent my whole life seeking the truth. Whether God exists or not can neither be proven or disproven using the Bible since people believed in him (or something) before the Bible was ever written. The fact still remains you cannot disprove the existence of God using the scientific method.

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

#79080 Mar 6, 2013
MikeF wrote:
<quoted text>OK, you're a freaking loony. I haven't said one damn thing about proving or disproving any god. Why do you keep harping on this?
Because that is what the entire atheist/theist conundrum is based upon. The fact that the scientific method can neither prove or disprove the existence of God. By all means, formulate your own opinion. But having your own opinion doesn't automatically make mine wrong.

“Pissing people off since 1949”

Level 8

Since: Apr 08

Seffner, FL

#79081 Mar 6, 2013
01Justsayin wrote:
<quoted text>
*shakes head* This is a complete waste of time. Kindly show me the words I am supposedly running away from so we can address this once and for all.
I've already posted them. Your comments on not wanting facts or evidence. Can you remember that far back? Sheesh!

“Pissing people off since 1949”

Level 8

Since: Apr 08

Seffner, FL

#79082 Mar 6, 2013
01Justsayin wrote:
<quoted text>
*sighs* In believing in a God whose existence cannot be disproven using the scientific method.
No, you are not wrong in believing in a higher power. I simply don't share it. Everyone is entitled to their own beliefs.

Feel better now?

Since: Mar 11

Minnesota's North Coast

#79083 Mar 6, 2013
01Justsayin wrote:
<quoted text>
Lol Crafty little bugger aren't you? I have no problem looking at them objectively. I've spent my whole life seeking the truth. Whether God exists or not can neither be proven or disproven using the Bible since people believed in him (or something) before the Bible was ever written. The fact still remains you cannot disprove the existence of God using the scientific method.
not crafty at all. i use logic.

we can disprove the existence of the god in the christian bible by showing that the myth is based on lies.

Your posting style is familiar, who did you post under before jan. 13?

“Pissing people off since 1949”

Level 8

Since: Apr 08

Seffner, FL

#79084 Mar 6, 2013
01Justsayin wrote:
<quoted text>
Because that is what the entire atheist/theist conundrum is based upon.
Not everyone falls into those two categories.
01Justsayin wrote:
The fact that the scientific method can neither prove or disprove the existence of God.
So what? You seem to think that was science is out to do. It is not.
01Justsayin wrote:
By all means, formulate your own opinion. But having your own opinion doesn't automatically make mine wrong.
Again, you're putting words in my mouth. Is that what you have to do to convince yourself you're right?

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

#79085 Mar 6, 2013
MikeF wrote:
<quoted text>I've already posted them. Your comments on not wanting facts or evidence. Can you remember that far back? Sheesh!
Lol It's so funny how easily you get agitated. Seriously. They make meds for that. Can you use the scientific method to disprove the existence of God? If not, then I don't see any reason to believe differently.

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

#79086 Mar 6, 2013
MikeF wrote:
<quoted text>No, you are not wrong in believing in a higher power. I simply don't share it. Everyone is entitled to their own beliefs.

Feel better now?
Yay! Now we're beginning to sound like enlightened people.:)

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

#79087 Mar 6, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>not crafty at all. i use logic.

we can disprove the existence of the god in the christian bible by showing that the myth is based on lies.

Your posting style is familiar, who did you post under before jan. 13?
Nobody. This is the only alias I've ever had on here. All you are doing is disproving aspects of the Bible. Do you understand that you are not actually disproving the existence of God? Bible aside, that is my only point. That the scientific method cannot be used to disprove the existence of God. Thus my belief in him is not illogical. It is simply my own.

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

#79088 Mar 6, 2013
MikeF wrote:
<quoted text>Not everyone falls into those two categories.

01Justsayin wrote, "The fact that the scientific method can neither prove or disprove the existence of God."

So what? You seem to think that was science is out to do. It is not.

01Justsayin wrote, "By all means, formulate your own opinion. But having your own opinion doesn't automatically make mine wrong. "

Again, you're putting words in my mouth. Is that what you have to do to convince yourself you're right?
I'm not seeking validation for my own opinions. I'm confident in what I believe. Nor do I feel the need to condemn you for believing differently. I'm simply stating a fact. I fail to see why you are so flustered.

Since: Mar 11

Minnesota's North Coast

#79089 Mar 6, 2013
01Justsayin wrote:
<quoted text>
Nobody. This is the only alias I've ever had on here. All you are doing is disproving aspects of the Bible. Do you understand that you are not actually disproving the existence of God? Bible aside, that is my only point. That the scientific method cannot be used to disprove the existence of God. Thus my belief in him is not illogical. It is simply my own.
i'll take you sord on that nobody answer...

if the bible is incorrect, the god the bible describes is incoreect. yes, no-one can disprove that there may be some godlike being of some kind, regardless of the total lack of evidence for any such thing.

so if you do not believe in the god of the bible, what god do you believe in with no evidence? why do you have thi=ose beliefs?

Since: Mar 11

Minnesota's North Coast

#79090 Mar 6, 2013
01Justsayin wrote:
<quoted text>
Yay! Now we're beginning to sound like enlightened people.:)
enlightiened people believe in things there is no evidence for? really?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Interesting Quotes (Jun '11) 25 min Good-Evil 13,724
For Dear FlowerChild (Dec '07) 26 min Flower-Child 24,201
Whatcha' doing? (Apr '12) 36 min Hoosier Hillbilly 7,634
"man" words 38 min Hoosier Hillbilly 180
Last 3 Letters into 3 new words. (Dec '08) 39 min Hoosier Hillbilly 55,748
Wantabes }POTUS{ 48 min Chose Carefully 1
Denny Crain's Place (May '10) 50 min Selecia Jones- JA... 17,614
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 1 hr Good-Evil 155,189
El's Kitchen (Feb '09) 3 hr Grace Nerissa 38,410
What are you thinking about now? (Jun '10) 8 hr buck 28,497
More from around the web