Evolution vs. Creation

Evolution vs. Creation

There are 210133 comments on the Best of New Orleans story from Jan 6, 2011, titled Evolution vs. Creation. In it, Best of New Orleans reports that:

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Best of New Orleans.

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

#79117 Mar 6, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>enlightiened people believe in things there is no evidence for? really?
Enlightened people prattle on about things that they can't use the scientific method to disprove the existence of? Really?

Location hidden

#79118 Mar 6, 2013
MikeF wrote:
<quoted text>I'm not flustered. Perhaps a little confused as to why you keep attributing things to me that I never said. And why you have difficulty remembering things YOU have said.
Lol I talk to a lot of people. Simple as that. What is your personal standpoint then?

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#79119 Mar 6, 2013
Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
No, you need to read
a myth does not prove Buddha did not exist either.
Buddha was a real human. his divinity or achieving enlightenment is what is mythical.

Location hidden

#79120 Mar 6, 2013
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>Oh, I agree that the concept of a God having anything to do with science is religious. Of course in the US everyone is free to believe whatever they want. Which is why religion is illegal to teach in public schools.
You are entitled to your belief just like the rest of us. However having your own doesn't make that of others incorrect. Especially when you can't use the scientific method to disprove it. The u.s. public school system is a joke. That's another conversation altogether.

“what we think we become”

Level 5

Since: Aug 11

above and beyond

#79121 Mar 6, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>so you would believe that all things have consciousness, yet you sid i was putting words in your mouth for quoting you on that...
are you perhaps an independent, eastern orthodox (reformed) pantheist?
There is a reason why the Earth spin towards the East. Now show some respect to that Easter Bunny. It needs some cuddling.

Location hidden

#79122 Mar 6, 2013
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>I don't agree nor disagree with it. What I will do is disagree when someone says something which is contrary to scientific facts.

01Justsayin wrote, "Which doesn't bother me at all."

While some of your posts were jovial, I thought some of your others seemed quite passionate. But either way, groovy.
Thank you

Level 5

above and beyond

#79123 Mar 6, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>Buddha was a real human. his divinity or achieving enlightenment is what is mythical.
You are equivalent to the consciousness of a rock.

Level 5

above and beyond

#79124 Mar 6, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>you sure throw out alot of christian bible theories for a pantheist...
it's everything there is

Location hidden

#79125 Mar 6, 2013
thewordofme wrote:
<quoted text>Only if said lamppost has a computer..:-)
Lol Cute. I like that one. Though I'm using my phone...and I'm clearly not a lamppost.

St. Croix valley

#79126 Mar 6, 2013
01Justsayin wrote:
<quoted text>
Enlightened people prattle on about things that they can't use the scientific method to disprove the existence of? Really?
Absolute, non-sequiter.

why would an 'enlightened' person believe something there is no evidence at all for? seems rather unenlighted, by definition, really.

don't worry, i don't expect a serious answer from you. you seem to have hit your limit of discussion. you should just put it on a taped loop...

or you could surprise me...

St. Croix valley

#79127 Mar 6, 2013
Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
There is a reason why the Earth spin towards the East. Now show some respect to that Easter Bunny. It needs some cuddling.
What is that reason?(this should be fun...)

St. Croix valley

#79128 Mar 6, 2013
Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
you seem to be running out of logical and even theological arguments.

it's been a long time since the third grade...does telling on me to the playground lady come after calling names or is it the throwing of dirt clods?

Location hidden

#79129 Mar 6, 2013
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>I have no interest in disproving the existence of non-scientific concepts. That would be like painting a fence satin red when it already has ten coats of satin red. I was merely pointing out that some concepts are scientifically testable and hence can be proved wrong. Adam and Eve being one of them. Or two should I say.
Lol I respect your point of view on the Adam and Eve issue

St. Croix valley

#79130 Mar 6, 2013
01Justsayin wrote:
<quoted text>
You are entitled to your belief just like the rest of us. However having your own doesn't make that of others incorrect. Especially when you can't use the scientific method to disprove it. The u.s. public school system is a joke. That's another conversation altogether.
many very intelligent and well educated people have some from the US public school system. they cannot fix stupid, though...

St. Croix valley

#79131 Mar 6, 2013
Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
yet i seem to destroy each and every songle one of your hippy-dippy, new-age mystical bullshit theories with a mere flick of the logical wrist...

hmmmm...

Location hidden

#79132 Mar 6, 2013
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>I don't have an obsession with magic, I leave that to creationists.
hehe You can't use the scientific method to disprove said "magic" so I'll continue to enjoy it.

Level 5

above and beyond

#79133 Mar 6, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>What is that reason?(this should be fun...)
birth, rebirth, awakening, seeking

Level 5

above and beyond

#79134 Mar 6, 2013
I have to run, towards the West now...

St. Croix valley

#79135 Mar 6, 2013
Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
birth, rebirth, awakening, seeking
that's why the Earth spins to the East? really? birth of what?

Level 5

above and beyond

#79136 Mar 6, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>yet i seem to destroy each and every songle one of your hippy-dippy, new-age mystical bullshit theories with a mere flick of the logical wrist...
hmmmm...
you're a joke that no one takes seriously

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
last word - first (Jun '12) 2 min Mila Beaujolais 8,043
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 3 min xxxooxxx 201,249
*add A word / drop a word* (Nov '12) 8 min Gunslinger45 14,076
Only Three Word (Nov '09) 11 min Mila Beaujolais 13,549
Add a Word remove a Word (Oct '13) 12 min Gunslinger45 4,164
Last two letters into two new words... (Jun '15) 13 min wichita-rick 4,306
Last 3 Letters into 3 new words. (Dec '08) 13 min Mila Beaujolais 60,252
Crystal_Clears Kitchen (Refurbished) (Jan '16) 1 hr Wheezer 9,005
Who won the Presidential debate 2016 ? 3 hr Knock off purse s... 154
What Turns You Off (Jun '11) 4 hr Beerus-Sama 9,174