Evolution vs. Creation

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008. Full Story

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#79049 Mar 6, 2013
01Justsayin wrote:
<quoted text>
What gives you the right to call my belief in God delusional? You cannot use the scientific method to disprove his existence.
Do you think that people who believe soap opera characters are real are sane?

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

#79050 Mar 6, 2013
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>Yeah, I got no problem with theists accepting science either. Generally people who believe in God and accept science we usually just refer to as Christians. However those who prefer to deny reality for the sake of their faith we refer to as creationists. They are the ones who say such and such a science is wrong because it conflicts with their ideas of how the invisible magic Jew didit using magic. Though you may despise labels they are usually quite handy every day things, so much so that the English language relies on them.
I do enjoy a smartass. Use the scientific method to disprove the existence of my "invisible magic Jew God" and this conversation will be over. Until then, I don't need a science lesson or a lesson on the English language. Thank you all the same.

Location hidden

#79051 Mar 6, 2013
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>Sorry, that wasn't me. I'm not Scottish either.
Hmm...my apologies.

Level 9

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

#79052 Mar 6, 2013
01Justsayin wrote:
<quoted text>
Lol What scientific evidence? In everything you've found, you have yet to be able to use the scientific method to disprove the existence of God. That's just fact. I don't believe in the evidence. I believe in God. Thus you cannot use the scientific method to prove to me why I shouldn't believe in him. The most you can do is disagree. I'm cool with that. What you can't do, however, is tell me that I'm wrong.
I'm not coming from a creationist standpoint. I'm coming from an individual one. Please refrain from putting labels on me when I refuse to put labels on myself.
There is a reason that I describe people like you as "creatard".

You don't know what scientific evidence is, nor are you willing to learn.

There are very very very few honest creationists. Those that are honest and learn what is and what is not scientific evidence admit that all scientific evidence supports the theory of evolution, they will admit it reluctantly but they do admit it. They are much quicker to admit that there is no scientific evidence for creation.

So are you honest or not?

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#79053 Mar 6, 2013
01Justsayin wrote:
<quoted text>
My belief is my reality. Whether or not God truly exists has yet to be proven using the scientific method. Thus your opinion is also just that. Your opinion.
If your belief is your reality then you are delusional. That is what delusion is.

“Pissing people off since 1949”

Level 8

Since: Apr 08

Seffner, FL

#79054 Mar 6, 2013
01Justsayin wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not railing accusations at all. I'm simply presenting facts. The fact is you cannot use the scientific method to prove or disprove the existence of God so you have no right to call my belief in him wrong. Nobody accused you of anything.
Where did I say you were wrong?

Level 8

Seffner, FL

#79055 Mar 6, 2013
01Justsayin wrote:
<quoted text>
Another twister of words. I love it! Present me with proof using the scientific method that God does not exist and we will talk. Until then, a believing I will go.
I twisted nothing. I quoted your exact words. I don't care if you believe or not but you can't run away from your own words.

“Think&Care”

Since: Oct 07

Location hidden

#79056 Mar 6, 2013
01Justsayin wrote:
<quoted text>
And?
And what? You asked a question. I answered it. What do you want?

Level 8

Seffner, FL

#79057 Mar 6, 2013
01Justsayin wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't argue with that statement at all. My question in turn is this: If God did create all those facts and evidences, who the hell are you trying to disprove?
You're going 'round the bend. Please show me where I said one damn thing about disproving a god. I think you're listening to the voices in your head a bit too much.

Level 2

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#79058 Mar 6, 2013
01Justsayin wrote:
<quoted text>
Because, friend, that's really what the entire atheist/theist argument comes down to. Neither side can use the scientific method to prove or disprove the existence of God thus neither side has the right to call the other wrong. It's just that simple.
Exactly.

“I see quantum effects”

Level 2

Since: Jan 11

In the macro world.

#79059 Mar 6, 2013
01Justsayin wrote:
<quoted text>
Nice. Very nice.
Thank you.

“I see quantum effects”

Level 2

Since: Jan 11

In the macro world.

#79060 Mar 6, 2013
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Exactly.
Science easily disproves the existence of the god described in the bible.

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#79061 Mar 6, 2013
01Justsayin wrote:
<quoted text>
Because, friend, that's really what the entire atheist/theist argument comes down to. Neither side can use the scientific method to prove or disprove the existence of God thus neither side has the right to call the other wrong. It's just that simple.
but we can use it to show that the creation myth is wrong. it just doesn't match up with the real world facts...

Location hidden

#79062 Mar 6, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>There is a reason that I describe people like you as "creatard".

You don't know what scientific evidence is, nor are you willing to learn.

There are very very very few honest creationists. Those that are honest and learn what is and what is not scientific evidence admit that all scientific evidence supports the theory of evolution, they will admit it reluctantly but they do admit it. They are much quicker to admit that there is no scientific evidence for creation.

So are you honest or not?
Sure. I don't believe that God and science are mutually exclusive. Nor do I see the point in debating my opinions. Until you can use the scientific method to disprove the existence of God, then I will carry on thinking thusly.

Location hidden

#79063 Mar 6, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>If your belief is your reality then you are delusional. That is what delusion is.
What does that make you? You can't even use the scientific method to disprove the existence of God yet you continue on stating as much without having any proof to support your claim. And still you have the audacity to call anyone who's opinion is contrary to your own delusional. How does that work exactly?

Location hidden

#79064 Mar 6, 2013
MikeF wrote:
<quoted text>Where did I say you were wrong?
So your standpoint is that I am not wrong?

Level 9

Everett, WA

#79065 Mar 6, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>but we can use it to show that the creation myth is wrong. it just doesn't match up with the real world facts...
Justsayin may be conflating attacks on his own personal beliefs as attacks on the existence of god. He is right when he claims that science cannot disprove the existence of god. But it can show that Justsayin's beliefs are wrong.

Location hidden

#79066 Mar 6, 2013
MikeF wrote:
<quoted text>I twisted nothing. I quoted your exact words. I don't care if you believe or not but you can't run away from your own words.
Yes but you didn't quote what I said afterward. You just took a snippet and ran with it. What am I running away from exactly?

Location hidden

#79067 Mar 6, 2013
polymath257 wrote:
<quoted text>And what? You asked a question. I answered it. What do you want?
What do I want? From you personally? lol Nothing.

Level 9

Everett, WA

#79068 Mar 6, 2013
01Justsayin wrote:
<quoted text>
Sure. I don't believe that God and science are mutually exclusive. Nor do I see the point in debating my opinions. Until you can use the scientific method to disprove the existence of God, then I will carry on thinking thusly.
And I see that we Justsayin and I cross posted and it looks like he confirmed my previous post.

I have no interest in disproving the existence of god. I can show that your personal beliefs are wrong.

Do you understand the difference between the two?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What are you thinking about now? (Jun '10) 2 min -Lea- 25,958
Woman Switches Seats on Plane, Spends 3 Days in... 3 min TALLYHO 8541 25
Is it possible to....... 12 min Crazy Beautiful 584
Police: Baby Jesus taken, replaced with pig's head 12 min Newt G s Next Wife 7
Change 1 letter game! (Nov '11) 12 min Truths 3,035
CHANGE One letter CHANCE (Sep '08) 14 min Truths 30,080
Create "short sentences using the last word" (Aug '12) 15 min Truths 7,627
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 21 min Suezanne 152,839
3 Word Advice (Good or Bad) 1 hr Enzo49 339
El's Kitchen (Feb '09) 1 hr Enzo49 37,776