Evolution vs. Creation

Evolution vs. Creation

There are 222920 comments on the Best of New Orleans story from Jan 6, 2011, titled Evolution vs. Creation. In it, Best of New Orleans reports that:

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Best of New Orleans.

The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#78970 Mar 6, 2013
01Justsayin wrote:
In the spirit of logic and of calling a spade a spade, the scientific method cannot be used to prove or disprove the existence of a living God.
Nor the Cosmic Sheep of dimension Zog.

Hence both concepts are just as valid.

“When you treat people as they ”

Level 6

Since: Nov 10

treat you they get offended.

#78971 Mar 6, 2013
FREE SERVANT wrote:
<quoted text>It is not that funny. You are making fun of something you should not.
From what I see there was no fun intended, It looks to be a precise and concise story of the OT and start of the NT
anonymous

Barberton, OH

#78972 Mar 6, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>Sorry, but bad times are when people with good morals shine the brightest., they do not turn just about everyone bad.
That depends on your perception of morality. If you use the Great Depression as an example, you'll find both communities that stick together and Okies who simply had nothing and were outcasts, only to remain outcasts because they were perceived to be liabilities only. You had increased crime in the prohibition era. You had the rise to power of the NAZI party. You had impotent governments in Europe who were uniquely unprepared for the crisis because they were being run by incompetent aristocrats of ancestral wealth. Nobody else could rise because that was always the plan with the capitalism that created the Depression. The whole point in becoming an aristocrat is to ensure that no others follow you. That would take away from your power base of slaves in the new capitalist order.

In the end, our parents remember their childhood in an idyllic "Waltons" fashion but we tend to forget those who didn't even survive those bad times. We really don't acknowledge the aftermath where the U.S. spent over sixty years playing "king-of-the-hill", making token charitable efforts while living large on cheap natural resources taken from those who had little else to bargain with after the war.

The NAZIs were just more vocal about their "final solutions". We just call it business, but our bad karma WILL catch up with us.

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Level 7

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

#78973 Mar 6, 2013
thewordofme wrote:
<quoted text>
And we will have more proofs that The Bible and the Christian religion is nothing but man made crap. The Koran also..:-)
Yes.
(I occasionally become a trifle exasperated at the self-destructive nature of blind fundamentalism. Sorry.)
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#78974 Mar 6, 2013
01Justsayin wrote:
<quoted text>
:) So silly. He isn't my God. I don't personally worship the flying spaghetti monster. I can prove that I don't worship him by my actions. Just watch me. Never once will you ever see me bowing before a Flying Spaghetti Monster.
Never once will you see a Hindu bowing before your particular god out of the thousands that have been proposed through history. However you avoided the point that he was correct. Just because you don't personally give two hoots about the FSM doesn't matter. Hindus don't care about your god either.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#78975 Mar 6, 2013
01Justsayin wrote:
<quoted text>
So are you admitting the Bible is an ancient historical text? What about the Talmud or the Midrash? They contain historical accounts as well. Do you dispute them as being accurate? Or are you going to pick and choose with that as well?
Nothing wrong with picking and choosing based on evidence.(shrug)

Did Herod exist? Yes.

Did he give the order to kill lots of babies? No evidence.

Was Jesus real? Currently debated by scholars.

Was there Adam and Eve or a global flood. No. Oh wait, you said God was not scientific so evidence contrary to the Bible doesn't matter because we can fix that with Godmagic which cannot be proven or disproven by the scientific method. In which case if we take that into account then possibly there was a global flood and Adam and Eve and talking lizards and donkeys.

Therefore Harry Potter could also be true. That would certainly explain the opposition many fundies have to it.

“Up with which, I will not put”

Since: Jul 08

Sao Paulo

#78976 Mar 6, 2013
Babylon wrote:
<quoted text>
What's that suppose to mean?
If that needs to be explained to you Bab, then you should stay off this forum.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#78977 Mar 6, 2013
xxxooxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
Within 100 years, most of the scientific ideologies of today, will more than likely be obsolete.
Your scientists of today will be consider primitive neanderthals, compared to science in 100 years.
But the concepts of the bible will still be the same.
Uhuh.

That's the Bible's problem.

Sao Paulo

#78978 Mar 6, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>Please tell me you didn't pronounce that for-tay...major pet peeve.
That's funny, I hate that too.

Sao Paulo

#78979 Mar 6, 2013
Proof of Evidence wrote:
<quoted text>
Now I know you're on something mind altering.
Actually, a good dose of Science is pretty mind altering. You should try it some time.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#78980 Mar 6, 2013
Religion of Evolution wrote:
It happened. I know you're sure of it. Randomness just kept creating complexity until it wasn't random anymore. Like it was intelligent or something.
And if intelligence was the opposite of random then maybe you'd have a point.(shrug)

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#78981 Mar 6, 2013
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>If Chance was not blind AND indifferent, all scum like you would die of cancer.
You are obviously not a physicist, or a chemist.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#78982 Mar 6, 2013
Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
When God is dead. The fun ends.
That might explain John A Davison.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#78983 Mar 6, 2013
01Justsayin wrote:
<quoted text>
Seriously?! You're going to sit there and deny ridiculing and condemning theists for nothing other than being theists? You're gonna sit there and deny accusing all theists of being ignorant fundies who seek only to persecute and otherwise harm their fellow man? You're gonna sit there and deny blaming the sins of the few on the many? You're gonna sit there and deny your desire to rob millions of their constitutional right to the freedom of religion just because you don't agree with it? You're gonna sit there and say that you don't discriminate against theists in the scientific community no matter how brilliant they may be? You're gonna sit there and deny questioning their objectivity when you yourself, as an atheist, refuses to view the beliefs of others with the same objectivity? Irregardless of the fact that you cannot, in fact, use the scientific method to disprove the existence of the very God they believe in? Give me a break.
You mean those mean old 2% of the population who are atheists forcing atheism on everyone else? When did they start taking churches to court for not teaching atheism?
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#78984 Mar 6, 2013
Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
Then you don't know the true nature of God.
Only God knows the true nature of God.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#78985 Mar 6, 2013
Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
Where is the logic in evolution? I can tell which ones are made up. They have a mountain of lies. There is real science, and there are theories with no real evidence.
They don't believe in magic but they somehow believe fish developed legs and arms, then became amphibians, then reptiles, then mammals. They don't call that magic?
Nope, they call that evolution. Hence why the fossil record demonstrates fish, then amphibians, then reptiles, then monotremes, then mammals. In that order. Just as evolution would expect.

The validity of evolution hasn't been an issue since the discovery of DNA at the very latest.

Sao Paulo

#78986 Mar 6, 2013
01Justsayin wrote:
Seriously. You people could argue with a lamppost.
"you people"?
we ARE arguing with lamp posts.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#78987 Mar 6, 2013
Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
Evolution is pseudo-science. Darwin was delusional. No DNA evidence for speciation unless it's artificial and no one has observed a speciation event.
Wow. You set out to be as totally wrong as you possibly could and you succeeded in amazing fashion.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#78988 Mar 6, 2013
Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
I try to understand. Unlike you who can't wrap your head around it because you have a secret agenda.
If you know it, it ain't secret. If you don't know it, then uh, you don't know it.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#78989 Mar 6, 2013
Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
the photo wasn't real. it's computer art.
Yeah, the Earth is really flat. All those pics of the Earth are paintings and photoshop. All the videos are special effects.

Can't really argue with that, eh?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Words "with more than one meaning" (Sep '12) 4 min quilterqueen 1,327
Denny Crain's Place (May '10) 8 min Suezanne 28,860
I Believe __________________ ....... (Feb '11) 11 min Suezanne 772
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 14 min Suezanne 224,389
Poll What are you thinking right now? (May '08) 16 min Sublime1 6,424
News REVEALED: The number of people who would romp w... 19 min Suezanne 11
Play "end of the name"... (Jun '15) 54 min -Papa-Smurf- 3,029
Why Do White People Start Stuff They Canít Fini... 2 hr Ander 56
News FAA looking after pilot drops turkeys on Arkans... 5 hr Pope Closet Emeritus 23
More from around the web