Evolution vs. Creation

Evolution vs. Creation

There are 168737 comments on the Best of New Orleans story from Jan 6, 2011, titled Evolution vs. Creation. In it, Best of New Orleans reports that:

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Best of New Orleans.

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

#78891 Mar 5, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>how do atheists force their views on the public?
Seriously?! You're going to sit there and deny ridiculing and condemning theists for nothing other than being theists? You're gonna sit there and deny accusing all theists of being ignorant fundies who seek only to persecute and otherwise harm their fellow man? You're gonna sit there and deny blaming the sins of the few on the many? You're gonna sit there and deny your desire to rob millions of their constitutional right to the freedom of religion just because you don't agree with it? You're gonna sit there and say that you don't discriminate against theists in the scientific community no matter how brilliant they may be? You're gonna sit there and deny questioning their objectivity when you yourself, as an atheist, refuses to view the beliefs of others with the same objectivity? Irregardless of the fact that you cannot, in fact, use the scientific method to disprove the existence of the very God they believe in? Give me a break.

Location hidden

#78892 Mar 5, 2013
thewordofme wrote:
<quoted text>We really are havin' fun
Wanna cookie?

Location hidden

#78893 Mar 5, 2013
Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>When God is dead. The fun ends.
Could you imagine living in a world without magic? Where everything is analytical and logical and utterly boring? God forbid!

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#78894 Mar 5, 2013
01Justsayin wrote:
<quoted text>
Could you imagine living in a world without magic? Where everything is analytical and logical and utterly boring? God forbid!
don't have ot imagine it. it is the world you live in. not one instance of magic ever proved. not even bullwinkle pulling a rabbit out af a hat...

Location hidden

#78895 Mar 5, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>i can certainly judge cults that lead people on through proven lies.
Granted. Though not every theist is a brain washed cult member. It is possible to have faith in God and not be a part of such ridiculousness. At the same time, I fail to see how you can judge that which you don't even believe in to begin with. Or disprove using the scientific method. Where's the logic in that?

St. Croix valley

#78896 Mar 5, 2013
01Justsayin wrote:
<quoted text>
Granted. Though not every theist is a brain washed cult member. It is possible to have faith in God and not be a part of such ridiculousness. At the same time, I fail to see how you can judge that which you don't even believe in to begin with. Or disprove using the scientific method. Where's the logic in that?
Ummm i believe that many religius cults exist...hellooo!

it does take a little braiwashing to believe in something that there is no evidence for, doesn't it? especially when most people who say they are not religious but believe in god then go on to use the religous dogma almost verbatim...that may not be you, but it is hte norm.

“what we think we become”

Level 5

Since: Aug 11

above and beyond

#78897 Mar 5, 2013
01Justsayin wrote:
<quoted text>
Where is the logic in evolution? I can tell which ones are made up. They have a mountain of lies. There is real science, and there are theories with no real evidence.

They don't believe in magic but they somehow believe fish developed legs and arms, then became amphibians, then reptiles, then mammals. They don't call that magic?

Level 5

above and beyond

#78898 Mar 5, 2013
thewordofme wrote:
<quoted text>
I really hate to break it to you, but he was never alive Cybele. He is only a myth of a group of Arab desert dwellers.
Then you don't know the true nature of God.

Location hidden

#78899 Mar 5, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>don't have ot imagine it. it is the world you live in. not one instance of magic ever proved. not even bullwinkle pulling a rabbit out af a hat...
And yet still no proof, using the scientific method, to disprove the existence of said "magic". Your opinion is just that. Opinion. It is not fact.

St. Croix valley

#78900 Mar 5, 2013
Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
Where is the logic in evolution? I can tell which ones are made up. They have a mountain of lies. There is real science, and there are theories with no real evidence.
They don't believe in magic but they somehow believe fish developed legs and arms, then became amphibians, then reptiles, then mammals. They don't call that magic?
Nope, just science.

Location hidden

#78901 Mar 5, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>Ummm i believe that many religius cults exist...hellooo!

it does take a little braiwashing to believe in something that there is no evidence for, doesn't it? especially when most people who say they are not religious but believe in god then go on to use the religous dogma almost verbatim...that may not be you, but it is hte norm.
So what does that make you? Especially when you cannot use the scientific method to disprove the existence of God. All you have is your opinion. Not fact. Not proof. Opinion. Does that make you brainwashed?

St. Croix valley

#78902 Mar 5, 2013
Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
Then you don't know the true nature of God.
and you do?

Location hidden

#78903 Mar 5, 2013
Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>Where is the logic in evolution? I can tell which ones are made up. They have a mountain of lies. There is real science, and there are theories with no real evidence.

What else would they have to argue about then? I'm just glad their narrow mindedness isn't the status quo or else we would all be screwed...not in a good way either. ;)

Level 5

above and beyond

#78904 Mar 5, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>and you do?
I try to understand. Unlike you who can't wrap your head around it because you have a secret agenda.

Level 5

above and beyond

#78905 Mar 5, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>Nope, just science.
Evolution is pseudo-science. Darwin was delusional. No DNA evidence for speciation unless it's artificial and no one has observed a speciation event.

St. Croix valley

#78906 Mar 5, 2013
Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
I try to understand. Unlike you who can't wrap your head around it because you have a secret agenda.
i have an agenda of looking at facts, yes.

if you do not uinderstand the true nature of god, how can you tell someone else they don't know it like you did?

logic is fun!

St. Croix valley

#78907 Mar 5, 2013
Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
Evolution is pseudo-science. Darwin was delusional. No DNA evidence for speciation unless it's artificial and no one has observed a speciation event.
But we have a foosil record that shows it happened.

facts are fun!

Level 5

above and beyond

#78908 Mar 5, 2013
The real magic about fish is the vesica pisces. No magic limbs or any of that crap.

Level 5

above and beyond

#78909 Mar 5, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>i have an agenda of looking at facts, yes.
if you do not uinderstand the true nature of god, how can you tell someone else they don't know it like you did?
logic is fun!
You don't know what God is so how would you know anything about it? Did I say I don't understand? I said I try to understand. You do have a habit of twisting words. that explains why your logic is flawed.

Location hidden

#78910 Mar 5, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>But we have a foosil record that shows it happened.

facts are fun!
Foosil? lol Grammar is fun!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
2015: "Make a Story/ 6 Words Only: 3 min liam cul8r 1,402
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 7 min TheJerseyDevil 165,258
Poll Should Hoosier Hillbilly leave Weird? 9 min Sublime1 21
tell me one word to describe yourself (Jun '09) 32 min TheJerseyDevil 15,551
ISIS crISIS 33 min Hoosier Hillbilly 1
Honey Do's 38 min Hoosier Hillbilly 1
El's Kitchen (Feb '09) 39 min Denny CranesPlace 41,343
News Teen Leads Mob In Ransacking Of Georgia Walmart 3 hr UnderstandPeople 22
News Fight over gumbo spices leads to fatal stabbing... 4 hr Spotted Girl 48
More from around the web