Evolution vs. Creation

Full story: Best of New Orleans

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.
Comments
74,221 - 74,240 of 113,071 Comments Last updated 5 min ago

“I started out with nothing”

Level 6

Since: Nov 10

and still got most of it left

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 5, 2013

Judged:

nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>There was light before there were stars.
Fk off, pillow biter.
Proof please you ignorant hate merchant

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 5, 2013

Judged:

Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
It's the lack of understanding of God that makes people ill. And you are not among the healthy skeptics either. You just want to be a bully to those who believe in God because of your lack of understanding of God. Some believers don't understand God as well. That's why we will never resolve the ills of society. But sin makes life interesting! Sin-chronicity...
No, dear, the facts do not back up your statement at all. non-believers are in no way less healthy than people of faith.

i understand the myths of gods and goddesses very well, hence my reasoning that they are myths.(along with the total lack of any evidence, such as for your belief that faith makes you healthy...)

not bullying, just pointing out facts. theat may seem like bullying to you because you sense the truth of my statements and it shakes your worldview...

“what we think we become”

Level 5

Since: Aug 11

above and beyond

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 5, 2013

Judged:

woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>No, dear, the facts do not back up your statement at all. non-believers are in no way less healthy than people of faith.

i understand the myths of gods and goddesses very well, hence my reasoning that they are myths.(along with the total lack of any evidence, such as for your belief that faith makes you healthy...)

not bullying, just pointing out facts. theat may seem like bullying to you because you sense the truth of my statements and it shakes your worldview...
Your reason is not even logical come to think of it. I don't sense truth in your statements or I would've agreed with you. You fail in providing evidence that something can create itself by chance and evolve on its own without any use of outside force. How do you suppose energy existed when everything has energy. E=MC^2

God is the source if energy. But you will deny it because you have your own issues. What is it?

“Think&Care”

Since: Oct 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 5, 2013

Judged:

ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, in this case, nano is correct: there was light before there were stars. The cosmic background radiation, for example, was around long before any stars appeared AND (to avoid technicalities) emitted in the visible part of the spectrum before the first stars.

“talk to the kitteh”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 5, 2013

ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
All the avatars I have used I have the copyright for which includes either name, birth, my own photos, my own artwork/creation
Or are you using you christian expectations to disparage my honour as an artist?
<quoted text>
Careful you are letting your christian sentiments show. Your god won’t let nasty bastards like you go to heaven so you will have to ROT IN your own private HELL
Chance has nothing to do with deism. Eat shit, you lying fruit fly.

You do know that all I have to do is use the old metaleye on your avatar to know who you are, right? I can dig the copyright from it.

You should be more careful about exposing yourself or implicating the innocent. It's not that hard to prove you are lying. >:}

“Darwin was right..of course.”

Level 9

Since: Jun 11

Gobekli Tepe

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 5, 2013

Judged:

woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>when was the Earth totally covered in water?
Not in the last 20,000,000 years

“talk to the kitteh”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 5, 2013

ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
I already linked it here. You should have read it. Hint: photon epoch.

Gimp.

“Darwin was right..of course.”

Level 9

Since: Jun 11

Gobekli Tepe

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 5, 2013

Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
Now you're just being stupid.
Well, you're STILL being stupid.
Somebody said that god created water before he created light.
Light comes from stars.
Oxygen comes from stars.
Therefore, stars, which create light, were necessary before water could possibly form.
Why are you always so freaking angry?
Nobody here raped you.
"H20 cannot exist in stars, but H and O separately can. Hydrogen is the basic building material of the universe, created in the Big Bang. Oxygen is created by nuclear reactions in stars. If you put H and O together in the cold of space, you get H2O. There are enourmous amounts of water in space. In fact, nearly all of the oxygen in space is in the form of water or carbon monoxide. Similarly, most the carbon and nitrogen in space are also in their most hydrogenated forms: methane (CH4) and ammonia (NH3)."
http://wiki.answers.com/Q/Where_does_Earth 's_water_originally_come_from

St. Croix valley

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 5, 2013

Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
Your reason is not even logical come to think of it. I don't sense truth in your statements or I would've agreed with you. You fail in providing evidence that something can create itself by chance and evolve on its own without any use of outside force. How do you suppose energy existed when everything has energy. E=MC^2
God is the source if energy. But you will deny it because you have your own issues. What is it?
My reason is sound, my dear. if faith in a god made you healthier,9as you claimed) then people of faith would be healthier than non-believers. that is not the case in the real world.

no human alive knows where the energy that created our universe cme from. there is not one shred of evidence to attribute it to any god, so there is no reason to make that assumption. there is, in fact, no evidence whatsoever of any gods at all, so even more reason to not make that assumption.

very sound reasoning.
Proof of Evidence

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 5, 2013

polymath257 wrote:
<quoted text>OK. There were *at least* two whole generations of stars before the sun and earth formed.
You know this is a fact why?
Proof of Evidence

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 5, 2013

woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>which always makes me wonder why people seem so sure there are more advanced civilizations out there than humans...

if it took that long to make enough heavy elements as we have( on which a technologically advanced civilization would most likely need) then perhaps we are one of the first able to rise above the stone age?

Just a thought...
That's because you've not met them yet.

"which always makes me wonder why people seem so sure there are more advanced civilizations out there than humans"

St. Croix valley

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 5, 2013

Proof of Evidence wrote:
<quoted text>
You know this is a fact why?
our dear friend science...
Proof of Evidence

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 5, 2013

woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>So tons would still be technically correct....

even when trying to be a picky little shit, you are wrong...impressive.
I do not see where it is that he is not accepting your claim of "Tons". He appears to be just point out that it's not much of a statement, as one star would full fill your claim. I agree with him there was a star..... Big deal. " Shrug "

Have at it potty mouth.
Proof of Evidence

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 5, 2013

thewordofme wrote:
You theists are toast. Everything you have come up with has been disproven. Your holy book is outed as a man made phony. All of the stories have been disproven and your main man Jesus is probably a fictional character.

It's just a matter of time now.
What are you on THIS TIME?
Proof of Evidence

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 5, 2013

Judged:

Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>Now you're just being stupid.

Well, you're STILL being stupid.

Somebody said that god created water before he created light.

Light comes from stars.

Oxygen comes from stars.

Therefore, stars, which create light, were necessary before water could possibly form.

Why are you always so freaking angry?

Nobody here raped you.
God created light before he created any stars.
Proof of Evidence

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 5, 2013

Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>And god got it wrong.

But god's massive ego wouldn't allow him to admit his mistake.
Be sure to let him know, oh wait guess you're not going that way.

St. Croix valley

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 5, 2013

Proof of Evidence wrote:
<quoted text>
That's because you've not met them yet.
"which always makes me wonder why people seem so sure there are more advanced civilizations out there than humans"
have you?

St. Croix valley

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 5, 2013

Proof of Evidence wrote:
<quoted text>
which god? do you have 'proof of evidence' of this supposed god?
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 5, 2013

woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>but the ghost writer was supposed to be under divine guidance.
but I think they only had dial-up back then, so the connection was probably poor and some of the data might have been corrupted...
That is certainly plausible and would explain why every religion is as valid as each other.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 5, 2013

Proof of Evidence wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe.

Do you have 'proof of evidence' that this god-character of yours even exists?

If so you would be the only one on the planet.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••