Evolution vs. Creation

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008. Full Story

“I started out with nothing”

Level 6

Since: Nov 10

and still got most of it left

#78707 Mar 5, 2013
polymath257 wrote:
<quoted text>

We may well be the only technological species in our galaxy *right now*.
Such a waste of space.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#78708 Mar 5, 2013
anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, then you thought I'd be freaked by his image? Come now, I was in High School when Star Wars first came out. Do you have any idea how often I saw that guy's scene?...and Han shot first!
Of course Han shot first.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#78709 Mar 5, 2013
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
And god got it wrong.
But god's massive ego wouldn't allow him to admit his mistake.
To be fair to God, his book was ghost-written.

:-p
LEARNER wrote:
<quoted text>
Was ice in space made by stars? Are we sure that water came from stars and it wasn't some kind of a cycle?
We still don't care Mikey.

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#78710 Mar 5, 2013
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Such a waste of space.
Lots of opportunity for growth. like gettin' in on the ground floor.....

St. Croix valley

#78711 Mar 5, 2013
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
To be fair to God, his book was ghost-written.
:-p
<quoted text>
We still don't care Mikey.
but the ghost writer was supposed to be under divine guidance.

but I think they only had dial-up back then, so the connection was probably poor and some of the data might have been corrupted...

“Up with which, I will not put”

Since: Jul 08

Sao Paulo

#78712 Mar 5, 2013
Babylon wrote:
<quoted text>
Not!
It's possible for God to create light before he created sun light or moon light.
Moon light? Really?

St. Croix valley

#78713 Mar 5, 2013
JM_Brazil wrote:
<quoted text>
Moon light? Really?
it's got a dimmer switch on it , that's why it has phases...

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#78714 Mar 5, 2013
anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
Good point, but are we inherently good or are we constantly receiving negative reinforcement to keep us in line? Those who risk their lives are far fewer than those who would use others as human shields, by my observation at least.
We just live in nice neighborhoods.
No, I don't live in any one neighborhood. I have traveled the entirety of the continental, mainland, USA, that's all but the islands and Alaska. I have seen people go out of their way to not only help me, but others, just for the sake of helping. The news only shows the worst stories, because good news doesn't sell papers or periodicals of any sort ... good news also doesn't get reported that often because most times people don't do it for the publicity. Humanity is on the right track, as long as we do not allow religious nonsense to continue to hold us back. In the US the only problem we truly face that can actually be solved is to educate people, and religious doctrine doesn't like learning, it can't stand intelligence, because when you are learned, you question everything, and under any scrutiny religious nonsense collapses.

Sao Paulo

#78715 Mar 5, 2013
MikeF wrote:
<quoted text>
Funny, huh?
"Close" only counted in horseshoes and flamethrowers. Now it includes the bible.
And Polish mathmatics.

“what we think we become”

Level 5

Since: Aug 11

above and beyond

#78716 Mar 5, 2013
I hear you.

Sao Paulo

#78717 Mar 5, 2013
It's a cult.
No it's not.
Yes it is.
No it's not.

There's a God.
No there's not.
Yes there is.
No there's not.

Science
Bible
Science
Bible

Can we simply conclude that for those who believe, let them believe. Surely there can exist Science and Religion. Certainly some aspects pose contradictions, but neither have been perfected, thus to some point flawed.

An excellent example is Fritjof Capra's believe (even though he was a theorist) that there was more to it than what we understood; a point when religion (or spiritualism) and science met. Or (my hero) Lenderman's God Particle, where some speculate (much to Lederman's disapproval of course) that the Higg's boson may have been created by a higher force as a deterrent. I'm not trying to start an argument or take sides, only to try to find some neutral ground.

Level 5

above and beyond

#78718 Mar 5, 2013
God is dope. It's why he created dopa-mine in your brain. This chemical in the brain has important roles: behavior, cognition, voluntary movement, punishment and reward, attention and learning, mood.

If you let God play a role with dopamine, you will experience a natural high. That's what you call heaven.

Sao Paulo

#78719 Mar 5, 2013
Oops - Lederman. Can't edit.

St. Croix valley

#78720 Mar 5, 2013
Cybele wrote:
God is dope. It's why he created dopa-mine in your brain. This chemical in the brain has important roles: behavior, cognition, voluntary movement, punishment and reward, attention and learning, mood.
If you let God play a role with dopamine, you will experience a natural high. That's what you call heaven.
sounds like a natural product of a healthy mind. why would you think it has anything to do with any god?

“The Intrepid”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#78721 Mar 5, 2013
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Correct, as a rule.
Unlike some nanogodbots I could mention.
I see you no longer use that Merida avatar that you plagiarised?
As IF all of the avatars you have used were your own, originally created art?!!! Puhleeze, skank.

“The Intrepid”

Location hidden

#78722 Mar 5, 2013
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Such a waste of space.
If Chance was not blind AND indifferent, all scum like you would die of cancer.

Level 5

above and beyond

#78723 Mar 5, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>sounds like a natural product of a healthy mind. why would you think it has anything to do with any god?
If you add God to the effects of dopamine you will be healthy. Did you know that alcohol withdrawal can cause schizophrenia symptoms to occur? If one experiences these chemical imbalance, it's best to be aware with God in mind or you will not understand negative effects in your brain.

“The Intrepid”

Location hidden

#78724 Mar 5, 2013
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
Now you're just being stupid.
Well, you're STILL being stupid.
Somebody said that god created water before he created light.
Light comes from stars.
Oxygen comes from stars.
Therefore, stars, which create light, were necessary before water could possibly form.
Why are you always so freaking angry?
Nobody here raped you.
There was light before there were stars.

Fk off, pillow biter.

St. Croix valley

#78725 Mar 5, 2013
Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
If you add God to the effects of dopamine you will be healthy. Did you know that alcohol withdrawal can cause schizophrenia symptoms to occur? If one experiences these chemical imbalance, it's best to be aware with God in mind or you will not understand negative effects in your brain.
if adding god to your life kept you healthy it would be used to make huge bucks by people around the world.(along with the fact that people of faith are no more healthy than others...)

fail.

St. Croix valley

#78726 Mar 5, 2013
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>If Chance was not blind AND indifferent, all scum like you would die of cancer.
So there is no guiding force in the universe.

thanx for clearing that up.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Let's Play Song Titles With One Word? 3 min black shuck 470
Create "short sentences using the last word" (Aug '12) 8 min whatimeisit 7,639
True or False Game 15 min Hoosier Hillbilly 1,315
A real gentleman doesn't (Oct '13) 18 min Nobody 2 Special 880
Make A Sentance out of a 5 letter word. (Nov '09) 20 min Hoosier Hillbilly 30,390
Word Association 2 (Sep '13) 22 min Jennifer Renee 7,829
What are you thinking about now? (Jun '10) 26 min Roxie Darling 26,030
El's Kitchen (Feb '09) 45 min TALLYHO 8541 37,793
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 1 hr Tom2Tone 152,903
BAN(N) the P0STER Above you !!! (Feb '14) 1 hr toad4754 3,035
More from around the web