Evolution vs. Creation

Evolution vs. Creation

There are 221490 comments on the Best of New Orleans story from Jan 6, 2011, titled Evolution vs. Creation. In it, Best of New Orleans reports that:

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Best of New Orleans.

“Up with which, I will not put”

Since: Jul 08

Sao Paulo

#78717 Mar 5, 2013
It's a cult.
No it's not.
Yes it is.
No it's not.

There's a God.
No there's not.
Yes there is.
No there's not.

Science
Bible
Science
Bible

Can we simply conclude that for those who believe, let them believe. Surely there can exist Science and Religion. Certainly some aspects pose contradictions, but neither have been perfected, thus to some point flawed.

An excellent example is Fritjof Capra's believe (even though he was a theorist) that there was more to it than what we understood; a point when religion (or spiritualism) and science met. Or (my hero) Lenderman's God Particle, where some speculate (much to Lederman's disapproval of course) that the Higg's boson may have been created by a higher force as a deterrent. I'm not trying to start an argument or take sides, only to try to find some neutral ground.

“what we think we become”

Level 5

Since: Aug 11

above and beyond

#78718 Mar 5, 2013
God is dope. It's why he created dopa-mine in your brain. This chemical in the brain has important roles: behavior, cognition, voluntary movement, punishment and reward, attention and learning, mood.

If you let God play a role with dopamine, you will experience a natural high. That's what you call heaven.

“Up with which, I will not put”

Since: Jul 08

Sao Paulo

#78719 Mar 5, 2013
Oops - Lederman. Can't edit.

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#78720 Mar 5, 2013
Cybele wrote:
God is dope. It's why he created dopa-mine in your brain. This chemical in the brain has important roles: behavior, cognition, voluntary movement, punishment and reward, attention and learning, mood.
If you let God play a role with dopamine, you will experience a natural high. That's what you call heaven.
sounds like a natural product of a healthy mind. why would you think it has anything to do with any god?

“Is that all you've got?”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#78721 Mar 5, 2013
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Correct, as a rule.
Unlike some nanogodbots I could mention.
I see you no longer use that Merida avatar that you plagiarised?
As IF all of the avatars you have used were your own, originally created art?!!! Puhleeze, skank.

Location hidden

#78722 Mar 5, 2013
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Such a waste of space.
If Chance was not blind AND indifferent, all scum like you would die of cancer.

Level 5

above and beyond

#78723 Mar 5, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>sounds like a natural product of a healthy mind. why would you think it has anything to do with any god?
If you add God to the effects of dopamine you will be healthy. Did you know that alcohol withdrawal can cause schizophrenia symptoms to occur? If one experiences these chemical imbalance, it's best to be aware with God in mind or you will not understand negative effects in your brain.

Location hidden

#78724 Mar 5, 2013
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
Now you're just being stupid.
Well, you're STILL being stupid.
Somebody said that god created water before he created light.
Light comes from stars.
Oxygen comes from stars.
Therefore, stars, which create light, were necessary before water could possibly form.
Why are you always so freaking angry?
Nobody here raped you.
There was light before there were stars.

Fk off, pillow biter.

St. Croix valley

#78725 Mar 5, 2013
Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
If you add God to the effects of dopamine you will be healthy. Did you know that alcohol withdrawal can cause schizophrenia symptoms to occur? If one experiences these chemical imbalance, it's best to be aware with God in mind or you will not understand negative effects in your brain.
if adding god to your life kept you healthy it would be used to make huge bucks by people around the world.(along with the fact that people of faith are no more healthy than others...)

fail.

St. Croix valley

#78726 Mar 5, 2013
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>If Chance was not blind AND indifferent, all scum like you would die of cancer.
So there is no guiding force in the universe.

thanx for clearing that up.

Level 5

above and beyond

#78727 Mar 5, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>if adding god to your life kept you healthy it would be used to make huge bucks by people around the world.(along with the fact that people of faith are no more healthy than others...)

fail.
It's the lack of understanding of God that makes people ill. And you are not among the healthy skeptics either. You just want to be a bully to those who believe in God because of your lack of understanding of God. Some believers don't understand God as well. That's why we will never resolve the ills of society. But sin makes life interesting! Sin-chronicity...

“When you treat people as they ”

Level 6

Since: Nov 10

treat you they get offended.

#78728 Mar 5, 2013
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>As IF all of the avatars you have used were your own, originally created art?!!! Puhleeze, skank.
All the avatars I have used I have the copyright for which includes either name, birth, my own photos, my own artwork/creation

Or are you using you christian expectations to disparage my honour as an artist?
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>If Chance was not blind AND indifferent, all scum like you would die of cancer.
Careful you are letting your christian sentiments show. Your god won’t let nasty bastards like you go to heaven so you will have to ROT IN your own private HELL

“When you treat people as they ”

Level 6

Since: Nov 10

treat you they get offended.

#78729 Mar 5, 2013
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>There was light before there were stars.
Fk off, pillow biter.
Proof please you ignorant hate merchant

St. Croix valley

#78730 Mar 5, 2013
Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
It's the lack of understanding of God that makes people ill. And you are not among the healthy skeptics either. You just want to be a bully to those who believe in God because of your lack of understanding of God. Some believers don't understand God as well. That's why we will never resolve the ills of society. But sin makes life interesting! Sin-chronicity...
No, dear, the facts do not back up your statement at all. non-believers are in no way less healthy than people of faith.

i understand the myths of gods and goddesses very well, hence my reasoning that they are myths.(along with the total lack of any evidence, such as for your belief that faith makes you healthy...)

not bullying, just pointing out facts. theat may seem like bullying to you because you sense the truth of my statements and it shakes your worldview...

Level 5

above and beyond

#78731 Mar 5, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>No, dear, the facts do not back up your statement at all. non-believers are in no way less healthy than people of faith.

i understand the myths of gods and goddesses very well, hence my reasoning that they are myths.(along with the total lack of any evidence, such as for your belief that faith makes you healthy...)

not bullying, just pointing out facts. theat may seem like bullying to you because you sense the truth of my statements and it shakes your worldview...
Your reason is not even logical come to think of it. I don't sense truth in your statements or I would've agreed with you. You fail in providing evidence that something can create itself by chance and evolve on its own without any use of outside force. How do you suppose energy existed when everything has energy. E=MC^2

God is the source if energy. But you will deny it because you have your own issues. What is it?

“Think&Care”

Since: Oct 07

Location hidden

#78732 Mar 5, 2013
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, in this case, nano is correct: there was light before there were stars. The cosmic background radiation, for example, was around long before any stars appeared AND (to avoid technicalities) emitted in the visible part of the spectrum before the first stars.

Location hidden

#78733 Mar 5, 2013
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
All the avatars I have used I have the copyright for which includes either name, birth, my own photos, my own artwork/creation
Or are you using you christian expectations to disparage my honour as an artist?
<quoted text>
Careful you are letting your christian sentiments show. Your god won’t let nasty bastards like you go to heaven so you will have to ROT IN your own private HELL
Chance has nothing to do with deism. Eat shit, you lying fruit fly.

You do know that all I have to do is use the old metaleye on your avatar to know who you are, right? I can dig the copyright from it.

You should be more careful about exposing yourself or implicating the innocent. It's not that hard to prove you are lying. >:}

“Darwin was right..of course.”

Level 9

Since: Jun 11

Evolution is true.....

#78734 Mar 5, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>when was the Earth totally covered in water?
Not in the last 20,000,000 years

Location hidden

#78735 Mar 5, 2013
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
I already linked it here. You should have read it. Hint: photon epoch.

Gimp.

“Darwin was right..of course.”

Level 9

Since: Jun 11

Evolution is true.....

#78736 Mar 5, 2013
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
Now you're just being stupid.
Well, you're STILL being stupid.
Somebody said that god created water before he created light.
Light comes from stars.
Oxygen comes from stars.
Therefore, stars, which create light, were necessary before water could possibly form.
Why are you always so freaking angry?
Nobody here raped you.
"H20 cannot exist in stars, but H and O separately can. Hydrogen is the basic building material of the universe, created in the Big Bang. Oxygen is created by nuclear reactions in stars. If you put H and O together in the cold of space, you get H2O. There are enourmous amounts of water in space. In fact, nearly all of the oxygen in space is in the form of water or carbon monoxide. Similarly, most the carbon and nitrogen in space are also in their most hydrogenated forms: methane (CH4) and ammonia (NH3)."
http://wiki.answers.com/Q/Where_does_Earth 's_water_originally_come_from

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Salvador Dali's body to be exhumed 10 min Trump Plotza 1
News Big Macs brought to your door: McDonald's start... 11 min Trump Plotza 2
+=Keep 1 Drop 1=+ 3 STACK (Mar '13) 12 min Camilla 12,024
Change-one-of-six-letters (Dec '12) 52 min Doug77 10,081
7 Letter Word, Change 1 Letter (Oct '15) 57 min Doug77 1,405
**4 Syllable Word A-Z** (Jul '12) 1 hr Bad Bex 779
El's Kitchen (Feb '09) 1 hr Ovulation Fred 76,058
How's your weather today? (Mar '12) 1 hr Camilla 6,304
What Turns You Off? 3 hr Bad Bex 597
Denny Crain's Place (May '10) 3 hr Bad Bex 22,895