Evolution vs. Creation

Evolution vs. Creation

There are 216897 comments on the Best of New Orleans story from Jan 6, 2011, titled Evolution vs. Creation. In it, Best of New Orleans reports that:

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Best of New Orleans.

“Nihil curo de ista tua stulta ”

Since: May 08

Orlando

#78676 Mar 4, 2013
xxxooxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
There may be some minor discrepancy in order, in some instances...but it still pretty much coincides to the formation of the earth, and the development of life pictured by modern day science.
So you're saying a "Divinely-authored" scripture **ALMOST** got the creation story technically right?

Gotchya.

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#78677 Mar 4, 2013
Kong_ wrote:
<quoted text>
So you're saying a "Divinely-authored" scripture **ALMOST** got the creation story technically right?
Gotchya.
Nice!

“Nihil curo de ista tua stulta ”

Since: May 08

Orlando

#78679 Mar 4, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>Nice!
Well, it WAS a tough, 6-day work week, building the universe and all 6000 years ago.

"Was that tab A in slot B? No, wait...ME DAMMIT!"

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#78680 Mar 4, 2013
Kong_ wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, it WAS a tough, 6-day work week, building the universe and all 6000 years ago.
"Was that tab A in slot B? No, wait...ME DAMMIT!"
ya think the almighty has a swear jar for when he takes himself in vain?

the whole divine inspiration concept of the bible and it's interpretation really has some serious flaws in it...

“what we think we become”

Level 5

Since: Aug 11

above and beyond

#78681 Mar 4, 2013
Christians are still awesome. Sin makes life MORE interesting. Ever watched the movie "Cruel Intentions"

You sin but then you learn...that's just how life goes.

You live you learn
You love you learn
You cry you learn
You lose you learn
You bleed you learn
You scream you learn
-ALANIS MORRISSETTE - YOU LEARN LYRICS

If you have homosexual tendencies to the point that you deny the existence of God or even a soul in your mind and body, then you must be deluded.

SIN. The biggest fear of people and even skeptics that they resort to being in total denial. God just tricked you and instead you turn your back. Don't use Science as an excuse to further your atheist agenda. Shame on ya!

You know how us Catholic girls can be
High on, high on the little
We make up for so much time a little too late
I never forgot it, confusing as it was
No fun with no guilt feelings
The sinners, the saviors,
the loverless priests
I'll see you next Sunday

We all had our reasons to be there
We all had a thing or two to learn
We all needed something to cling to
So we did

I sang alleluia in the choir
Ale alleluia, luia, luia
I confessed my darkest deeds to an envious man
My brothers they never went blind for what they did
But I may as well have
In the name of the father,
the skeptic and the son
I had one more stupid question

-ALANIS MORISSETTE - FORGIVEN LYRICS

I'm a damn sinner! But I still found God. Shame on you twice.

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#78682 Mar 4, 2013
Cybele wrote:
Christians are still awesome. Sin makes life MORE interesting. Ever watched the movie "Cruel Intentions"
You sin but then you learn...that's just how life goes.
You live you learn
You love you learn
You cry you learn
You lose you learn
You bleed you learn
You scream you learn
-ALANIS MORRISSETTE - YOU LEARN LYRICS
If you have homosexual tendencies to the point that you deny the existence of God or even a soul in your mind and body, then you must be deluded.
SIN. The biggest fear of people and even skeptics that they resort to being in total denial. God just tricked you and instead you turn your back. Don't use Science as an excuse to further your atheist agenda. Shame on ya!
You know how us Catholic girls can be
High on, high on the little
We make up for so much time a little too late
I never forgot it, confusing as it was
No fun with no guilt feelings
The sinners, the saviors,
the loverless priests
I'll see you next Sunday
We all had our reasons to be there
We all had a thing or two to learn
We all needed something to cling to
So we did
I sang alleluia in the choir
Ale alleluia, luia, luia
I confessed my darkest deeds to an envious man
My brothers they never went blind for what they did
But I may as well have
In the name of the father,
the skeptic and the son
I had one more stupid question
-ALANIS MORISSETTE - FORGIVEN LYRICS
I'm a damn sinner! But I still found God. Shame on you twice.
Basing your world view on song lyrics...how could that possibly go wrong?!?

“what we think we become”

Level 5

Since: Aug 11

above and beyond

#78683 Mar 4, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>Basing your world view on song lyrics...how could that possibly go wrong?!?
And you think I haven't posted many other things where my world view is based on? then you missed out on a lot. But I have no time to repeat myself. Unlike you, who just like to repeat the same response all the time. You just bore me to death now.

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

#78684 Mar 4, 2013
Cybele wrote:
Christians are still awesome. Sin makes life MORE interesting. Ever watched the movie "Cruel Intentions"

You sin but then you learn...that's just how life goes.

You live you learn
You love you learn
You cry you learn
You lose you learn
You bleed you learn
You scream you learn
-ALANIS MORRISSETTE - YOU LEARN LYRICS

If you have homosexual tendencies to the point that you deny the existence of God or even a soul in your mind and body, then you must be deluded.

SIN. The biggest fear of people and even skeptics that they resort to being in total denial. God just tricked you and instead you turn your back. Don't use Science as an excuse to further your atheist agenda. Shame on ya!

You know how us Catholic girls can be
High on, high on the little
We make up for so much time a little too late
I never forgot it, confusing as it was
No fun with no guilt feelings
The sinners, the saviors,
the loverless priests
I'll see you next Sunday

We all had our reasons to be there
We all had a thing or two to learn
We all needed something to cling to
So we did

I sang alleluia in the choir
Ale alleluia, luia, luia
I confessed my darkest deeds to an envious man
My brothers they never went blind for what they did
But I may as well have
In the name of the father,
the skeptic and the son
I had one more stupid question

-ALANIS MORISSETTE - FORGIVEN LYRICS

I'm a damn sinner! But I still found God. Shame on you twice.
Mad props to you for quoting Alanis.

“Darwin was right..of course.”

Level 9

Since: Jun 11

Evolution is true.....

#78685 Mar 4, 2013
Pretty interesting find by ‘Students’ at the National Radio Astronomy Observatory in West Virginia. Could be the precursors of life on earth really did come from space. We are all Aliens..:-)

“The beginnings of the beginnings of life, the fundamental building blocks of DNA and RNA, have been detected in cosmic clouds near the center of the Milky Way galaxy, student researchers at the National Radio Astronomy Observatory (NRAO) announced Thursday.

Using the Green Bank Telescope in West Virginia to look closely at the Sagittarius B2 molecular cloud, students detected the radio signals generated by rotational transitions of two prebiotic molecules, cyanomethanimine and ethanamine, key to the formation of DNA and the amino acid alanine.

“Finding these molecules in an interstellar gas cloud means that important building blocks for DNA and amino acids can ‘seed’ newly-formed planets with the chemical precursors for life,” NRAO’s Anthony Remijan said in an advisory."

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2013/03/01/student...

“Darwin was right..of course.”

Level 9

Since: Jun 11

Evolution is true.....

#78686 Mar 4, 2013
So all we need for life to flourish seems to be found in space.

Maybe all it needs is a planet that has reasonable temperature, gravity, and liquid water.

There will be life everywhere, and no need for magical floaty things.

“Darwin was right..of course.”

Level 9

Since: Jun 11

Evolution is true.....

#78687 Mar 4, 2013
xxxooxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
There may be some minor discrepancy in order, in some instances...but it still pretty much coincides to the formation of the earth, and the development of life pictured by modern day science.
So this supreme God of yours who told the Bible writers what to write and who founded the laws of the universe and actually created the whole universe, made mistakes in what he told the writers of the Bible and allowed "His" supreme book to be wrong.

That sure sounds like a man-made up god to me. A phony and false god like ALL the others who have been 'outed' as fake.

“Darwin was right..of course.”

Level 9

Since: Jun 11

Evolution is true.....

#78688 Mar 4, 2013
You theists are toast. Everything you have come up with has been disproven. Your holy book is outed as a man made phony. All of the stories have been disproven and your main man Jesus is probably a fictional character.

It's just a matter of time now.

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

#78689 Mar 4, 2013
One cannot prove or disprove the existence of God using the scientific method. Therefore your thoughts and beliefs are simply that. Your own. You, like all other people, have no right to impose said thoughts or beliefs upon your fellow man. Or to condemn them for having thoughts or beliefs of their own.

“Is that all you've got?”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#78690 Mar 4, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>when was the Earth totally covered in water?
Does the word snowball sound familiar?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/nature/ancient_earth/Sno...

“I see quantum effects”

Level 2

Since: Jan 11

In the macro world.

#78691 Mar 5, 2013
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>I don't recall seeing where anybody claimed that all light came from water.:-/
Get over it, wimp.
Now you're just being stupid.

Well, you're STILL being stupid.

Somebody said that god created water before he created light.

Light comes from stars.

Oxygen comes from stars.

Therefore, stars, which create light, were necessary before water could possibly form.

Why are you always so freaking angry?

Nobody here raped you.

“I see quantum effects”

Level 2

Since: Jan 11

In the macro world.

#78692 Mar 5, 2013
Babylon wrote:
<quoted text>
"In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.
2 And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters.
3 And God said, Let there be light:
2 Cor. 4.6 and there was light.
4 And God saw the light, that it was good: and God divided the light from the darkness.
5 And God called the light Day, and the darkness he called Night. And the evening and the morning were the first day.
6 And God said, Let there be a firmament in the midst of the waters, and let it divide the waters from the waters."
And god got it wrong.

But god's massive ego wouldn't allow him to admit his mistake.

“I see quantum effects”

Level 2

Since: Jan 11

In the macro world.

#78693 Mar 5, 2013
Babylon wrote:
<quoted text>
Speak for yourself. I have a soul.
You're still a mud pie.
LEARNER

Macedonia, OH

#78694 Mar 5, 2013
thewordofme wrote:
Pretty interesting find by ‘Students’ at the National Radio Astronomy Observatory in West Virginia. Could be the precursors of life on earth really did come from space. We are all Aliens..:-)
“The beginnings of the beginnings of life, the fundamental building blocks of DNA and RNA, have been detected in cosmic clouds near the center of the Milky Way galaxy, student researchers at the National Radio Astronomy Observatory (NRAO) announced Thursday.
Using the Green Bank Telescope in West Virginia to look closely at the Sagittarius B2 molecular cloud, students detected the radio signals generated by rotational transitions of two prebiotic molecules, cyanomethanimine and ethanamine, key to the formation of DNA and the amino acid alanine.
“Finding these molecules in an interstellar gas cloud means that important building blocks for DNA and amino acids can ‘seed’ newly-formed planets with the chemical precursors for life,” NRAO’s Anthony Remijan said in an advisory."
http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2013/03/01/student...
Was ice in space made by stars? Are we sure that water came from stars and it wasn't some kind of a cycle?

“Nihil curo de ista tua stulta ”

Since: May 08

Orlando

#78695 Mar 5, 2013
LEARNER wrote:
<quoted text>Was ice in space made by stars? Are we sure that water came from stars and it wasn't some kind of a cycle?
Ice is composed of water (of course). Water, as any elementary school child knows, is composed of two hydrogen atoms & one oxygen atom.

While hydrogen atoms were present shortly after the Big Bang, oxygen can only be formed within supernova explosions.

The formation of ice is NOT a "cycle", as that implies that water would decompose into its elements, then recombine. Of course, in nature this would never happen.

“When you treat people as they ”

Level 6

Since: Nov 10

treat you they get offended.

#78696 Mar 5, 2013
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>Or "plagiarize"?
xD
Correct, as a rule.

Unlike some nanogodbots I could mention.

I see you no longer use that Merida avatar that you plagiarised?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
2words into 2new words (May '12) 24 min Mila Beaujolais 6,858
WHAT???? A NEW word game? FOUR WORDS (Sep '08) 25 min Mila Beaujolais 45,788
***Keep a Word~Drop a Word*** (Jan '10) 26 min Mutant-cucumber 83,175
Start a sentence in alphabetical order.. 29 min Mila Beaujolais 1,713
Last 3 Letters into 3 new words. (Dec '08) 37 min Mila Beaujolais 61,103
Last two letters into two new words... (Jun '15) 41 min Mila Beaujolais 5,869
*add A word / drop a word* (Nov '12) 43 min Mila Beaujolais 15,269
What turns you on ? (Aug '11) 1 hr Poppyann 1,515
What Turns You Off (Jun '11) 1 hr Poppyann 10,643
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 1 hr Brandon 207,164
El's Kitchen (Feb '09) 1 hr Grace Nerissa 67,250
What Topics knows about you 6 hr _Susan_ 85
More from around the web