Evolution vs. Creation

Evolution vs. Creation

There are 222919 comments on the Best of New Orleans story from Jan 6, 2011, titled Evolution vs. Creation. In it, Best of New Orleans reports that:

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Best of New Orleans.

Babylon

United States

#78647 Mar 4, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>Oh, I know where you got the cult teachings, i clearly asked why you believe it when it comes with all the other proven lies and has less credibility than the Easter bunny story...
(woodtick57 said)
"on WHAT do you base this belief of yours?"

" i clearly asked WHY you believe it when it comes with all the other proven lies and has less credibility than the Easter bunny story..."

Sorry your lies don't add up.
Babylon

United States

#78648 Mar 4, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>there were tons of stars out there long before the Earth even started accreting. it tooka few generations of stars just ot cook up the heavier elements that make up the Earth.
there were tons of stars out there long before the Earth even started accreting.

Tons? One star weighs tons.

You're confusing weights with numbers.

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#78649 Mar 4, 2013
Babylon wrote:
<quoted text>
(woodtick57 said)
"on WHAT do you base this belief of yours?"
" i clearly asked WHY you believe it when it comes with all the other proven lies and has less credibility than the Easter bunny story..."
Sorry your lies don't add up.
i asked both. why would you believe a cult fullof lies? what makes you think there is a soul anywhere, because your cult told you so? are you really that gullible? or that afraid of death that you would sell your integrity for a false promise?

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#78650 Mar 4, 2013
Babylon wrote:
<quoted text>
You are not too well versed on the Bible are you.
"Ezekiel 25 (Estimated date of writing, 593-570 B.C.)
12 ‘Thus says the Lord GOD:“Because of what Edom did against the house of Judah by taking vengeance, and has greatly offended by avenging itself on them,”
13 therefore thus says the Lord GOD:“I will also stretch out My hand against Edom, cut off man and beast from it, and make it desolate from Teman; Dedan shall fall by the sword.”’
Ezekiel 35 (Estimated date of writing, 593-570 B.C.)
1 Moreover the word of the LORD came to me, saying,
2 “Son of man, set your face against Mount Seir and prophesy against it,
So you are saying that the bible doesn't mean what it says. That means the bible is lying.

St. Croix valley

#78651 Mar 4, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
So you are saying that the bible doesn't mean what it says. That means the bible is lying.
yet the cult members still buy into it...

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Level 7

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

#78652 Mar 4, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>possibly the greatest wordsmith of our times...
I'll certainly grant him skill.
Babylon

United States

#78653 Mar 4, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>i asked both. why would you believe a cult fullof lies? what makes you think there is a soul anywhere, because your cult told you so? are you really that gullible? or that afraid of death that you would sell your integrity for a false promise?
"i asked both."

This is your whole post. Again you lie.

who="woodtick57"
"there is not one shred of evidence that any soul or spirit exists. on what do you base this belief of yours?"

That's it that's all you wrote.

You did not ask both. You did not ask
"why would you believe a cult fullof lies?"

" on what do you base this belief of yours?" Is your only question in that post.

St. Croix valley

#78654 Mar 4, 2013
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>I'll certainly grant him skill.
he certainly isn't the most popular of authors, but he is one of my favorites.

when we're playing golf we have names for shots and holes..

A "hitler" is two shots in the bunker...

A "kate Winslet" is a nearly perfect shot, but a little fat...

a "Salman Rushdie' putt is a tough read...
Babylon

United States

#78655 Mar 4, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>So you are saying that the bible doesn't mean what it says. That means the bible is lying.
Oh I see you're a nut case. Ok thanks for showing it off.

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Level 7

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

#78656 Mar 4, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>he certainly isn't the most popular of authors, but he is one of my favorites.
when we're playing golf we have names for shots and holes..
A "hitler" is two shots in the bunker...
A "kate Winslet" is a nearly perfect shot, but a little fat...
a "Salman Rushdie' putt is a tough read...
I suppose a "Klinghoffer" is two and in?

AARRGGHH!!

St. Croix valley

#78657 Mar 4, 2013
Babylon wrote:
<quoted text>
"i asked both."
This is your whole post. Again you lie.
who="woodtick57"
"there is not one shred of evidence that any soul or spirit exists. on what do you base this belief of yours?"
That's it that's all you wrote.
You did not ask both. You did not ask
"why would you believe a cult fullof lies?"
" on what do you base this belief of yours?" Is your only question in that post.
i had a second post where i asked it fool.

i guess if you're stupid enough to get sucked into a cult that openly lies to you, you can't be expected to keep up with a thread... why would yo believe something with no evidence whatsoever? are you really that afraid of death? has your life been that empty?

So WHY do you believe a cult that lies to you so much?

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Seattle

#78658 Mar 4, 2013
Babylon wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh I see you're a nut case. Ok thanks for showing it off.
Meh, you're the idiot that posted a bunch of "interpretations" that contradict what is actually said in your own book of myths. You believe in an imaginary being without any supporting evidence. You're the delusional one, that makes you a nut, not me.

St. Croix valley

#78659 Mar 4, 2013
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>I suppose a "Klinghoffer" is two and in?
AARRGGHH!!
Ouch!
Babylon

United States

#78660 Mar 4, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>i had a second post where i asked it fool.

i guess if you're stupid enough to get sucked into a cult that openly lies to you, you can't be expected to keep up with a thread... why would yo believe something with no evidence whatsoever? are you really that afraid of death? has your life been that empty?

So WHY do you believe a cult that lies to you so much?
My response was to the posting that was include in my response. That's how these things work. See you hit reply and it auto includes the post you're responding too. Kind of keeps thing from getting all confusing.
It's you that have the thread confusion issue not me.

And it's you that's doing the lying not my cult.

“Think&Care”

Since: Oct 07

Location hidden

#78661 Mar 4, 2013
xxxooxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
So according to the bible,the sun(a star)existed before the development of the earth(a planet)which I believe,is pretty much true to astronomy.
Not quite.

First, the sun and earth formed at essentially the same time and from the same cloud of gas and dust. The sun was the center of the condensation and the planets were formed from the material moving around it.

Second, there were at least two whole generations of stars before the sun and earth formed. All of the elements farther than lithium in the periodic table were formed from processes either inside of stars or from stars exploding.

“Think&Care”

Since: Oct 07

Location hidden

#78662 Mar 4, 2013
Babylon wrote:
<quoted text>
there were tons of stars out there long before the Earth even started accreting.
OK. There were *at least* two whole generations of stars before the sun and earth formed.

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Seattle

#78663 Mar 4, 2013
Babylon wrote:
<quoted text>
My response was to the posting that was include in my response. That's how these things work. See you hit reply and it auto includes the post you're responding too. Kind of keeps thing from getting all confusing.
No, your cult is lying about pretty much everything.

St. Croix valley

#78664 Mar 4, 2013
Babylon wrote:
<quoted text>
sure little boy, sure...what have i lied about. we all know your cult is based on lies. lies that you repeat...

St. Croix valley

#78665 Mar 4, 2013
polymath257 wrote:
<quoted text>
Not quite.
First, the sun and earth formed at essentially the same time and from the same cloud of gas and dust. The sun was the center of the condensation and the planets were formed from the material moving around it.
Second, there were at least two whole generations of stars before the sun and earth formed. All of the elements farther than lithium in the periodic table were formed from processes either inside of stars or from stars exploding.
which always makes me wonder why people seem so sure there are more advanced civilizations out there than humans...

if it took that long to make enough heavy elements as we have( on which a technologically advanced civilization would most likely need) then perhaps we are one of the first able to rise above the stone age?

Just a thought...

St. Croix valley

#78666 Mar 4, 2013
Babylon wrote:
<quoted text>
So tons would still be technically correct....

even when trying to be a picky little shit, you are wrong...impressive.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Denny Crain's Place (May '10) 3 min Focus on This 29,080
WHAT???? A NEW word game? FOUR WORDS (Sep '08) 3 min Parden Pard 47,595
Start a sentence in alphabetical order.. (Oct '16) 7 min Parden Pard 3,855
News Lambs 'shot and butchered' in bizarre WA rural ... 10 min Parden Pard 1
True False Game (Jun '11) 34 min SweLL GirL 15,758
CHANGE One letter CHANCE (Sep '08) 1 hr SweLL GirL 37,328
5 Letter Word, Change 1 Letter (Oct '15) 1 hr SweLL GirL 8,752
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 1 hr forwhatitsworth 224,507
2words into 2new words (May '12) 6 hr wichita-rick 8,732
Poll What are you thinking right now? (May '08) 7 hr quilterqueen 6,441
More from around the web