Evolution vs. Creation

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008. Full Story

“Darwin was right..of course.”

Level 9

Since: Jun 11

Bay of Fundy

#78478 Mar 3, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>I'm kinda partial to the Hopi myths. very pretty.
(and as acurate and credible as Free Servant's)
Yes, I like the Hopi legends also. The part about the tribes coming through the sipapu in the kiva into their new world (present day) is pretty neat.

Have you been to any of the ruins in New Mexico and Arizona?

Louis L'Amore has a really good book called "Haunted Mesa" that goes into the myth pretty deeply. Of course it's all fiction, but it explores the myth very neatly.

Level 5

Since: Apr 12

Hefei, China

#78479 Mar 3, 2013
FREE SERVANT wrote:
And God said, Let there be light: and there was light. And God saw the light, that it was good: and God divided the light from the darkness.
Free Servant, why do you post messages like that?
Don't you realize that most of us have already heard all that before?
FREE SERVANT

Bellevue, WA

#78480 Mar 3, 2013
thewordofme wrote:
<quoted text>
Aaahh, you mean the beginning of everything....the Big Bang, around 14 billion years ago....right??
It didn't take billions of years for the elements to answer to the voice of God.

Level 9

Bay of Fundy

#78481 Mar 3, 2013
FREE SERVANT wrote:
<quoted text>It didn't take billions of years for the elements to answer to the voice of God.
That's roughly how long ago the star forming began. You know we can date a lot of this stuff don't you?

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#78482 Mar 3, 2013
FREE SERVANT wrote:
<quoted text>You or anyone else can not say for sure there was no water before the stars were created.
i thought you just said there was?!?! now you are contradicting yourself!

man, your cult has you so messed up...

St. Croix valley

#78483 Mar 3, 2013
FREE SERVANT wrote:
<quoted text>It didn't take billions of years for the elements to answer to the voice of God.
billions of years and no evidence of that voice yet, so how would you know?

St. Croix valley

#78484 Mar 3, 2013
thewordofme wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, I like the Hopi legends also. The part about the tribes coming through the sipapu in the kiva into their new world (present day) is pretty neat.
Have you been to any of the ruins in New Mexico and Arizona?
Louis L'Amore has a really good book called "Haunted Mesa" that goes into the myth pretty deeply. Of course it's all fiction, but it explores the myth very neatly.
yes, i have been to many of them. We just visited a couple in the Jerome area. while hitting the wineries there..
anonymous

Barberton, OH

#78485 Mar 3, 2013
MAAT wrote:
<quoted text>
You're telling me kids in America are not allowed to say NO.
No this goes for all categories, universal. I'ld say stop trying to outguess me and just read.
machismo godbots(the label did not apply to you RTF) rule, harrass and harang their wifes while pregnant.->stress till breakdown->not enough of the proper hormone->homosexual kid. So those guys and the stress they expose their wife too are directly responsiblefor this hormone induced effect.
* stop stereotyping me, or dictate what others think or are. It simply boomerangs back like f.i. woodtick's iterations.
I allready told you that i do not consider a two party system a democracy.
You voice you wanted to see if a lib-cons approach could make a dent in evolution.
Well sofar i've just seen you vent prejudice (we are still on this issue, that as far as i know started with medicalising a trait)
So no i frankly do not see where this should go.
And since when is calling you cute, patronizing or fighting-talk :)
(it's all in your mind, including the mental images)
OK. We'll forgo the obvious language issues you probably have as I don't think English is your native language, but as I see it, being "cute" implies that I'm not taking the discussion seriously. Round and round it goes, who's labeling who, nobody knows!

And as far as medicalizing a trait goes, aren't you doing so by describing homosexuality as a trait caused by hormonal imbalances during pregnancy? That is a medical condition and not a condition caused by Evolution. Round and round it goes, my original point, before timn17 dug up the trash talk debate again, still holds.

I'm really not sure what point you're making anymore, but you're stepping between me and a couple of name-calling, radically biased individuals. It's not a diplomatic place to be and I don't really need your theories on objectivity and projecting. If you think I'm some creep in a wife-beater shirt, you're wrong as can be.

If you need a stereotype, consider me a gamer nerd, although I am much older than most of them, I don't play that many games and I'm NOT a Brony! My relationships are purely on a serve-yourself basis that falls short of letting my house be looted by kids who want a place to party. I don't make demands, nor do I accept them. That doesn't mean that I'm a repressed gay or a maladjusted nerd who cynically annoys everyone, thinking that's what coolness is about. I just don't share my life with dumb@sses who just consider me livestock. There's a lot of dumb@sses so I'm fairly aloof most of the time.

That said, here I sit on a mediocre forum debating with mediocre people and the occasional scientist who probably got chewed up and spit out by the system. There's plenty of good ideas to discuss. I'd rather not waste the time coddling political losers or foolish people who think embracing political extremes will help their career get back on track. Don't we have enough has-been actors, actresses, musicians and ex-ceo's pulling that tired old game?
FREE SERVANT

Bellevue, WA

#78486 Mar 3, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>billions of years and no evidence of that voice yet, so how would you know?
A miracle from God happens at once. You deny the power of our Creator.

St. Croix valley

#78487 Mar 3, 2013
anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
OK. We'll forgo the obvious language issues you probably have as I don't think English is your native language, but as I see it, being "cute" implies that I'm not taking the discussion seriously. Round and round it goes, who's labeling who, nobody knows!
And as far as medicalizing a trait goes, aren't you doing so by describing homosexuality as a trait caused by hormonal imbalances during pregnancy? That is a medical condition and not a condition caused by Evolution. Round and round it goes, my original point, before timn17 dug up the trash talk debate again, still holds.
I'm really not sure what point you're making anymore, but you're stepping between me and a couple of name-calling, radically biased individuals. It's not a diplomatic place to be and I don't really need your theories on objectivity and projecting. If you think I'm some creep in a wife-beater shirt, you're wrong as can be.
If you need a stereotype, consider me a gamer nerd, although I am much older than most of them, I don't play that many games and I'm NOT a Brony! My relationships are purely on a serve-yourself basis that falls short of letting my house be looted by kids who want a place to party. I don't make demands, nor do I accept them. That doesn't mean that I'm a repressed gay or a maladjusted nerd who cynically annoys everyone, thinking that's what coolness is about. I just don't share my life with dumb@sses who just consider me livestock. There's a lot of dumb@sses so I'm fairly aloof most of the time.
That said, here I sit on a mediocre forum debating with mediocre people and the occasional scientist who probably got chewed up and spit out by the system. There's plenty of good ideas to discuss. I'd rather not waste the time coddling political losers or foolish people who think embracing political extremes will help their career get back on track. Don't we have enough has-been actors, actresses, musicians and ex-ceo's pulling that tired old game?
Wow! dude you are one psychotic , sick individual...

you really, really need to seek psychiatric help...soon.
anonymous

Barberton, OH

#78488 Mar 3, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
And another logic fail from anonymous.
You tried to equate homosexuality and pedophilia in an earlier post. So it seems that pedophilia is fine with you. If anyone is going to end up having to defend pedophilia it is the bigoted idiot who cannot defend his own beliefs.
Who says that I endorse either behavior? I simply group them together as alternative sexual lifestyles that do not result in procreation.

You can't win this because you'll have to compromise the gay issue to stay free of the pedophile issue. I'm betting that you're going to embrace pedophilia before you'll ever give up on gay political issues.

You serve your master.
FREE SERVANT

Bellevue, WA

#78489 Mar 3, 2013
The elements were orderd and directed by the power of God and his Word and they obeyed at once. What we think would take a lot of time naturally does not take its time when God says for it to be.
FREE SERVANT

Bellevue, WA

#78490 Mar 3, 2013
Thomas Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>
But maybe not all.

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Level 7

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

#78491 Mar 3, 2013
FREE SERVANT wrote:
<quoted text>A miracle from God happens at once. You deny the power of our Creator.
Putting limits on your deity, eh?

Are you sure he's gonna like that?
anonymous

Barberton, OH

#78492 Mar 3, 2013
Thomas Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>
Good idea.
It was research on pedophilia which got me interested in Evolution in the first place.
Evolution disfavors pedophilia, and that is why I say that pedophilia is an aberration.
Pedophilia is never found among animals in the wild.
The closest exception is in the bonobo species, in which adult males hump emerging female juveniles.
Even then, the adult males do not penetrate, and they continue to show preference for mature females.
Creationists can call this a "just-so story" if they wish, but it is apparent that healthy relationships prevailed throughout most of our evolutionary past. Men, women, boys, and girls spent their entire lives in the company of men, women, boys, and girls. They therefore related with men, women, boys, and girls and men, women, boys, and girls should be related to.
The nuclear family system messed all this up. Children grew up lacking younger siblings or younger cousins to nurture, so they grew up to be pedophiles.
This is all validated in intercultural study. Where boys and girls are free to relate with each other, sexual abuse is unknown. Examples are the Trobriand tribe of Melanesia (Malinowski [1927] 1953: 55, 57; 1929: 55) and the Muria tribe of India (Currier 1987). In cultures where boys and girls are kept separate, sexual abuse of children is common. Examples include Balinese society (Mead 1949: 72, 106; 1973: 138) and societies with practice ritual sexual abuse (Muensterberger 1967).
For anyone still preferring to turn to the Bible as a solution to sexual abuse, I suggest starting with Song of Solomon 8:8.
Currier, R. L. 1981. Juvenile sexuality in global perspective. In Constantine, L. L. & Martinson, F. M., eds.: 1981. Children and sex: New findings, new perspectives. Boston: Little, Brown & Co.: 9-19.
Malinowski, B.[1927] 1953. Sex and repression in savage society. London: Routledge & Kegan.
_____. 1929. The sexual life of savages in North-Western Melanesia. New York: Halcyon House.
Mead, M. 1949. Male and female: A study of the sexes in a changing world. New York: Morrow.
_____. 1973. Coming of age in Samoa: A psychological study of primitive youth for Western civilisation. New York: Morrow.
Muensterberger, W. 1967. Perversion, cultural norm and normality. In Ruitenbeek, H., ed. The psychotherapy of perversions. New York: Citadel: 99-109.
Well... I'm not sure how the Nuclear Family is the cause of pedophilia, but I suspect the isolation of that family may cause more incest.

There was a lot of debate over the sexuality of Alexander the Great after that last movie came out. I suspect that ancient Greeks practiced a degree of isolation between men and women but not to the point of commonly endorsing pedophilia. Well, maybe a movie is just a movie but......

St. Croix valley

#78493 Mar 3, 2013
FREE SERVANT wrote:
<quoted text>A miracle from God happens at once. You deny the power of our Creator.
i deny your evidence of a creator. it is not credible. iot is just ancient myths re-hashed for your particular cult.
anonymous

Barberton, OH

#78494 Mar 3, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>Wow! dude you are one psychotic , sick individual...
you really, really need to seek psychiatric help...soon.
And you're a petty troll, so don't bother me if you can't put up a rational argument.

Meanwhile my observations on obsessive-compulsive behavior stand and you can provide all the demonstrations of that you wish, but I'm going back to the debate on Evolution unless someone wants to produce a rational argument.

St. Croix valley

#78495 Mar 3, 2013
FREE SERVANT wrote:
The elements were orderd and directed by the power of God and his Word and they obeyed at once. What we think would take a lot of time naturally does not take its time when God says for it to be.
if only there were some evidence for such, or efven for you mythical god...
anonymous

Barberton, OH

#78496 Mar 3, 2013
Thomas Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm thinking he's just a Topix creation. He's just here to get the numbers up.

Level 9

Bay of Fundy

#78497 Mar 3, 2013
FREE SERVANT wrote:
The elements were orderd <sic> and directed by the power of God and his Word and they obeyed at once. What we think would take a lot of time naturally does not take its time when God says for it to be.
You mean He used magik??

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 3 min Princess Hey 147,029
Police: Video shows man used banana to rob store 3 min Parden Pard 3
any word you want to say (Dec '09) 4 min Sweet and spicy 8,141
In pictures: Glamour model spends a 30k on plas... 4 min JailBroke 19
Tell Us Who or What You Really Are,...? (Apr '13) 6 min Sweet and spicy 1,637
What are you thinking about now? (Jun '10) 7 min Icon dependant 20,062
Create "short sentences using the last word" (Aug '12) 7 min Princess Hey 6,983
Do you have a Topix crush? (Jun '11) 19 min Denny CranesPlace 5,603
What's your tip for the day? 1 hr Princess Hey 1,033
•••