Evolution vs. Creation

Full story: Best of New Orleans

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.
Comments
73,921 - 73,940 of 114,571 Comments Last updated 16 min ago
FREE SERVANT

Bellevue, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 3, 2013

In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.

Level 1

Since: Mar 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 3, 2013

Judged:

Didnt the Beatles have a song called evolution
FREE SERVANT

Bellevue, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 3, 2013

Judged:

And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters.
FREE SERVANT

Bellevue, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 3, 2013

There was water before the earth had form and then the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters.

Level 9

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 3, 2013

anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
How nice. You've come up with a label....and if I'm the bigot, you must be otherwise, eh?
One problem. Find one post where I said we should ban homosexuality. Take your time. You assumed it base on the idea that pedophilia is banned, therefore homosexuality should be. I didn't go on a moral rant to burn the pedophiles. Woodtick57 did.
See how you're stuck in that political trap? When the time comes, you WILL serve your master. You WILL choose to defend pedophilia. You already have chosen.
And another logic fail from anonymous.

You tried to equate homosexuality and pedophilia in an earlier post. So it seems that pedophilia is fine with you. If anyone is going to end up having to defend pedophilia it is the bigoted idiot who cannot defend his own beliefs.
FREE SERVANT

Bellevue, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 3, 2013

And God said, Let there be light: and there was light. And God saw the light, that it was good: and God divided the light from the darkness.
FREE SERVANT

Bellevue, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 3, 2013

Judged:

This is how it all began and it did not just happen by chance or randomness.

““You must not lose faith ”

Level 5

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 3, 2013

anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
You were talking about girlfriends, not kids.
What is a "gotbot" and how is that related to homosexuality?
In case you're implying "God-robot", I'm an atheist. Don't use those labels with me. Stop applying the stereotype even when I clearly don't fit.
If you really want a personal motive, I'll clarify, although you'll just have to accept the abstract nature of my opinion and don't be a putz by patronizing me.
Personally, as I've already said to you in the past, I think that I've got significant Native American, African and other inheritances in the family gene-pool. I can only think that there is Melungeon ancestry in the family, or just significant mixing of ancestries while the family was in West Virginia.
Politically, I resent the way the two parties and minorities impose litmus tests on everyone. As I see it, there's no way to have any political voice if you are physically very White, male, middle class but psychologically of mixed genetic background. Sooner or later, they sell you out in favor of their prejudices.
In case you haven't noticed, I can and do exploit this prejudice online where I don't have physical or financial threats to worry about.(Depending on your own views about Big Brother which may be far greater or far less than any of us know!)*
You're over-guessing my confrontational state. It's only a means to bring out your prejudices and confront you with them. In this ongoing debate, I feel it's the best way to attain closure and de-politicize the subjects of Evolution and religion.
It has the side-benefit of demonstrating prejudices within the political system but most people really don't care anyway. To that end, I freely collect the latest irrationality of both parties while comparing it to the policy wonk disinformation I get on the TV. It's very informative.
I've been quite honest all along, but the facts just seem to zip right past the people here who seem to be content to go hunting ants to burn with a magnifying glass. I've already made it quite clear that most of my political beliefs are a blend of liberal and conservative values neither party can accept.
So I reject both parties and have no problem with a good fight! Nuff said!
You're telling me kids in America are not allowed to say NO.
No this goes for all categories, universal. I'ld say stop trying to outguess me and just read.

machismo godbots(the label did not apply to you RTF) rule, harrass and harang their wifes while pregnant.->stress till breakdown->not enough of the proper hormone->homosexual kid. So those guys and the stress they expose their wife too are directly responsiblefor this hormone induced effect.

* stop stereotyping me, or dictate what others think or are. It simply boomerangs back like f.i. woodtick's iterations.
I allready told you that i do not consider a two party system a democracy.

You voice you wanted to see if a lib-cons approach could make a dent in evolution.
Well sofar i've just seen you vent prejudice (we are still on this issue, that as far as i know started with medicalising a trait)

So no i frankly do not see where this should go.

And since when is calling you cute, patronizing or fighting-talk :)

(it's all in your mind, including the mental images)

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Level 7

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 3, 2013

AllArnerican1 wrote:
Didnt the Beatles have a song called evolution
No.

What's an "Arnerican"?

“I see quantum effects”

Level 2

Since: Jan 11

In the macro world.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 3, 2013

Judged:

anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
How nice. You've come up with a label....and if I'm the bigot, you must be otherwise, eh?
One problem. Find one post where I said we should ban homosexuality. Take your time. You assumed it base on the idea that pedophilia is banned, therefore homosexuality should be. I didn't go on a moral rant to burn the pedophiles. Woodtick57 did.
See how you're stuck in that political trap? When the time comes, you WILL serve your master. You WILL choose to defend pedophilia. You already have chosen.
Do you know the difference between a vitamin and a hormone?

You can't hear a vitamin.

“I see quantum effects”

Level 2

Since: Jan 11

In the macro world.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 3, 2013

Judged:

FREE SERVANT wrote:
There was water before the earth had form and then the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters.
And the waters said, "Get the hell off my face!"

Level 5

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 3, 2013

anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
Most people are heterosexuals. Does that mean we should ban people?
You've just made my point for me. Morality is subjective. Your actual position is that sex is not sinful. Your conclusion will be that no form of sex is sinful.
My point is that sex is an act of reproduction, first. Any defense of sex that is other than the reproductive act is silly. If you want to protect privacy, I'll buy into that. But that's not what you're doing.
********** POLITICS **********
You discounted epigenetic effects (twice, at least, explained allready) and the matter of consent, as well as human rights and the bio-chemical love mechanism. Let's play along with these exclusions.

You don't need sex, insemination will do. So frankly there is no reason whatsoever in the world to have sex at all.

And i'm not even talking about the risk of pregnancies. If it's a boy the mother is 7% more at risk of something going wrong.
Before your 18 your body is not even fully mature, let lone the mental preparedness.(unicef statistics)
Or even the reasons for having a kid: it colours so nicely with the settee. Usually for silly selfish reasons or because the bible says so. Or just because sh!t happens. Or because the government needs workers or more tax-payers, ditto the church. Or because your bloke thinks it's part of status and achievement.

You just impose your idea on us. It's your brain-chid, so start taking care of it. Or abort it.

It's nothing to do with us.
FREE SERVANT

Bellevue, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 3, 2013

Judged:

Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
And the waters said, "Get the hell off my face!"
Not funny

Level 5

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 3, 2013

Moral relativism may be any of several philosophical positions concerned with the differences in moral judgments across different people and cultures. Descriptive moral relativism holds only that some people do in fact disagree about what is moral; meta-ethical moral relativism holds that in such disagreements, nobody is objectively right or wrong; and normative moral relativism holds that because nobody is right or wrong, we ought to tolerate the behavior of others even when we disagree about the morality of it.

Not all descriptive relativists adopt meta-ethical relativism, and moreover, not all meta-ethical relativists adopt normative relativism. Richard Rorty, for example, argued that relativist philosophers believe "that the grounds for choosing between such opinions is less algorithmic than had been thought," but not that any belief is equally as valid as any other.[1]

wiki

Genetics even dictates that we will choose, again less algorithmic as thought.
(Apart from quantum macro states in all life)
Discard genetics and social rules that benefit all and nothing is left.
Man is not inherently bad, but has a choice.
Every moment, every day.

Level 5

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 3, 2013

apart-on top of

Level 5

Since: Apr 12

Hefei, China

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 3, 2013

anonymous wrote:
Well, you didn't explain why sex with children is rape ...
I'll explain why sex with children is rape.
I am currently in the process of moving, so I don't have access to the data at the moment,
but a research team asked a sample of adults who have had sex with children if the children enjoyed it.
Then the team posed the same question to a sample of children who have had sex with adults.
The percentage of yes answers in the first sample was significantly higher.
That would be funny if only it weren't true.
FREE SERVANT

Bellevue, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 3, 2013

Judged:

There was darkness and there was water, then light happened. This is when the hydrogen was divided and compressed deep to create light as our sun and stars, in my view.

Since: Sep 12

Bowie, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 3, 2013

Preach for evolution or preaching for God blah blah blah the sheep are sheep created or evolved.

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 3, 2013

Judged:

FREE SERVANT wrote:
There was darkness and there was water, then light happened. This is when the hydrogen was divided and compressed deep to create light as our sun and stars, in my view.
You need both hydrogen and oxygen for water. your god should have taken 6th grade science....

“Darwin was right..of course.”

Level 9

G'dansk

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 3, 2013

Judged:

FREE SERVANT wrote:
How deeply wrong you are.....

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••