Evolution vs. Creation

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008. Full Story

““You must not lose faith ”

Level 5

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

#78458 Mar 3, 2013
anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
Most people are heterosexuals. Does that mean we should ban people?
You've just made my point for me. Morality is subjective. Your actual position is that sex is not sinful. Your conclusion will be that no form of sex is sinful.
My point is that sex is an act of reproduction, first. Any defense of sex that is other than the reproductive act is silly. If you want to protect privacy, I'll buy into that. But that's not what you're doing.
********** POLITICS **********
You discounted epigenetic effects (twice, at least, explained allready) and the matter of consent, as well as human rights and the bio-chemical love mechanism. Let's play along with these exclusions.

You don't need sex, insemination will do. So frankly there is no reason whatsoever in the world to have sex at all.

And i'm not even talking about the risk of pregnancies. If it's a boy the mother is 7% more at risk of something going wrong.
Before your 18 your body is not even fully mature, let lone the mental preparedness.(unicef statistics)
Or even the reasons for having a kid: it colours so nicely with the settee. Usually for silly selfish reasons or because the bible says so. Or just because sh!t happens. Or because the government needs workers or more tax-payers, ditto the church. Or because your bloke thinks it's part of status and achievement.

You just impose your idea on us. It's your brain-chid, so start taking care of it. Or abort it.

It's nothing to do with us.
FREE SERVANT

Bellevue, WA

#78459 Mar 3, 2013
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
And the waters said, "Get the hell off my face!"
Not funny

Level 5

Location hidden

#78460 Mar 3, 2013
Moral relativism may be any of several philosophical positions concerned with the differences in moral judgments across different people and cultures. Descriptive moral relativism holds only that some people do in fact disagree about what is moral; meta-ethical moral relativism holds that in such disagreements, nobody is objectively right or wrong; and normative moral relativism holds that because nobody is right or wrong, we ought to tolerate the behavior of others even when we disagree about the morality of it.

Not all descriptive relativists adopt meta-ethical relativism, and moreover, not all meta-ethical relativists adopt normative relativism. Richard Rorty, for example, argued that relativist philosophers believe "that the grounds for choosing between such opinions is less algorithmic than had been thought," but not that any belief is equally as valid as any other.[1]

wiki

Genetics even dictates that we will choose, again less algorithmic as thought.
(Apart from quantum macro states in all life)
Discard genetics and social rules that benefit all and nothing is left.
Man is not inherently bad, but has a choice.
Every moment, every day.

Level 5

Location hidden

#78461 Mar 3, 2013
apart-on top of

Level 5

Since: Apr 12

Hefei, China

#78462 Mar 3, 2013
anonymous wrote:
Well, you didn't explain why sex with children is rape ...
I'll explain why sex with children is rape.
I am currently in the process of moving, so I don't have access to the data at the moment,
but a research team asked a sample of adults who have had sex with children if the children enjoyed it.
Then the team posed the same question to a sample of children who have had sex with adults.
The percentage of yes answers in the first sample was significantly higher.
That would be funny if only it weren't true.
FREE SERVANT

Bellevue, WA

#78463 Mar 3, 2013
There was darkness and there was water, then light happened. This is when the hydrogen was divided and compressed deep to create light as our sun and stars, in my view.

Since: Sep 12

Bowie, TX

#78464 Mar 3, 2013
Preach for evolution or preaching for God blah blah blah the sheep are sheep created or evolved.

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#78465 Mar 3, 2013
FREE SERVANT wrote:
There was darkness and there was water, then light happened. This is when the hydrogen was divided and compressed deep to create light as our sun and stars, in my view.
You need both hydrogen and oxygen for water. your god should have taken 6th grade science....

“Darwin was right..of course.”

Level 9

Bay of Fundy

#78466 Mar 3, 2013
FREE SERVANT wrote:
How deeply wrong you are.....
FREE SERVANT

Bellevue, WA

#78467 Mar 3, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>You need both hydrogen and oxygen for water. your god should have taken 6th grade science....
You're going in the wrong direction.
FREE SERVANT

Bellevue, WA

#78468 Mar 3, 2013
We know that light was created from water in some way.

Level 9

Bay of Fundy

#78469 Mar 3, 2013
FREE SERVANT wrote:
In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.
And just when did He/She/It do this??

St. Croix valley

#78470 Mar 3, 2013
FREE SERVANT wrote:
<quoted text>You're going in the wrong direction.
not at all. it is you that is. oxygen was created in the stars, not in your mythical book. there was no oxygen before there were stars...

St. Croix valley

#78471 Mar 3, 2013
FREE SERVANT wrote:
We know that light was created from water in some way.
No, no you don't know that at all. you are trying to take a book full of falsehoods and make the universe fot to its words. the glaring fact that the universe does NOT fit top its words should tip you off that your cult is based on some serious lies and falshoods...

Level 9

Bay of Fundy

#78472 Mar 3, 2013
FREE SERVANT wrote:
And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters.
Those old myths are beautiful aren't they?
FREE SERVANT

Bellevue, WA

#78473 Mar 3, 2013
thewordofme wrote:
<quoted text>
And just when did He/She/It do this??
In THE beginning. I believe there has only been one beginning and it happened very quickly at the Word and command of God.

St. Croix valley

#78474 Mar 3, 2013
thewordofme wrote:
<quoted text>
Those old myths are beautiful aren't they?
I'm kinda partial to the Hopi myths. very pretty.

(and as acurate and credible as Free Servant's)

Level 5

Since: Apr 12

Hefei, China

#78475 Mar 3, 2013
anonymous wrote:
Now, imagine getting back on topic and debating Creationism vs. Evolution ...
Good idea.
It was research on pedophilia which got me interested in Evolution in the first place.
Evolution disfavors pedophilia, and that is why I say that pedophilia is an aberration.
Pedophilia is never found among animals in the wild.
The closest exception is in the bonobo species, in which adult males hump emerging female juveniles.
Even then, the adult males do not penetrate, and they continue to show preference for mature females.

Creationists can call this a "just-so story" if they wish, but it is apparent that healthy relationships prevailed throughout most of our evolutionary past. Men, women, boys, and girls spent their entire lives in the company of men, women, boys, and girls. They therefore related with men, women, boys, and girls and men, women, boys, and girls should be related to.

The nuclear family system messed all this up. Children grew up lacking younger siblings or younger cousins to nurture, so they grew up to be pedophiles.

This is all validated in intercultural study. Where boys and girls are free to relate with each other, sexual abuse is unknown. Examples are the Trobriand tribe of Melanesia (Malinowski [1927] 1953: 55, 57; 1929: 55) and the Muria tribe of India (Currier 1987). In cultures where boys and girls are kept separate, sexual abuse of children is common. Examples include Balinese society (Mead 1949: 72, 106; 1973: 138) and societies with practice ritual sexual abuse (Muensterberger 1967).

For anyone still preferring to turn to the Bible as a solution to sexual abuse, I suggest starting with Song of Solomon 8:8.

Currier, R. L. 1981. Juvenile sexuality in global perspective. In Constantine, L. L. & Martinson, F. M., eds.: 1981. Children and sex: New findings, new perspectives. Boston: Little, Brown & Co.: 9-19.

Malinowski, B.[1927] 1953. Sex and repression in savage society. London: Routledge & Kegan.

_____. 1929. The sexual life of savages in North-Western Melanesia. New York: Halcyon House.

Mead, M. 1949. Male and female: A study of the sexes in a changing world. New York: Morrow.

_____. 1973. Coming of age in Samoa: A psychological study of primitive youth for Western civilisation. New York: Morrow.

Muensterberger, W. 1967. Perversion, cultural norm and normality. In Ruitenbeek, H., ed. The psychotherapy of perversions. New York: Citadel: 99-109.
FREE SERVANT

Bellevue, WA

#78476 Mar 3, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>not at all. it is you that is. oxygen was created in the stars, not in your mythical book. there was no oxygen before there were stars...
You or anyone else can not say for sure there was no water before the stars were created.

Level 9

Bay of Fundy

#78477 Mar 3, 2013
FREE SERVANT wrote:
<quoted text>In THE beginning. I believe there has only been one beginning and it happened very quickly at the Word and command of God.
Aaahh, you mean the beginning of everything....the Big Bang, around 14 billion years ago....right??

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Last 3 Letters into 3 new words. (Dec '08) 3 min Vector aka Victor... 54,593
Keep a Word.....Drop a Word Game (Sep '13) 3 min Most Husbands Dream 6,009
I call this the COMPLAINT thread (Jul '13) 4 min Hoosier Hillbilly 120
Make a Story / 4 Words Only (Nov '08) 4 min Heading South 24,119
6 letter word ...change one letter game (Oct '08) 5 min Slimed Scaled Slides 25,944
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 6 min JailBroke 147,088
Words or names starting and ending with the sam... 7 min Young Dan 287
Stolen Jaguar Found 46 Years Later 12 min Pile Of Junk 6
I Like..... (Mar '14) 14 min The Paisan 315
What's your tip for the day? 48 min JailBroke 1,051
What are you thinking about now? (Jun '10) 3 hr Times are a Changing 20,175
•••

Weird People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••