Evolution vs. Creation

There are 164040 comments on the Best of New Orleans story from Jan 6, 2011, titled Evolution vs. Creation. In it, Best of New Orleans reports that:

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Best of New Orleans.

FREE SERVANT

Bellevue, WA

#78463 Mar 3, 2013
There was darkness and there was water, then light happened. This is when the hydrogen was divided and compressed deep to create light as our sun and stars, in my view.

Since: Sep 12

Bowie, TX

#78464 Mar 3, 2013
Preach for evolution or preaching for God blah blah blah the sheep are sheep created or evolved.

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#78465 Mar 3, 2013
FREE SERVANT wrote:
There was darkness and there was water, then light happened. This is when the hydrogen was divided and compressed deep to create light as our sun and stars, in my view.
You need both hydrogen and oxygen for water. your god should have taken 6th grade science....

“Darwin was right..of course.”

Level 9

Since: Jun 11

Evolution is true.....

#78466 Mar 3, 2013
FREE SERVANT wrote:
How deeply wrong you are.....
FREE SERVANT

Bellevue, WA

#78467 Mar 3, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>You need both hydrogen and oxygen for water. your god should have taken 6th grade science....
You're going in the wrong direction.
FREE SERVANT

Bellevue, WA

#78468 Mar 3, 2013
We know that light was created from water in some way.

Level 9

Evolution is true.....

#78469 Mar 3, 2013
FREE SERVANT wrote:
In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.
And just when did He/She/It do this??

St. Croix valley

#78470 Mar 3, 2013
FREE SERVANT wrote:
<quoted text>You're going in the wrong direction.
not at all. it is you that is. oxygen was created in the stars, not in your mythical book. there was no oxygen before there were stars...

St. Croix valley

#78471 Mar 3, 2013
FREE SERVANT wrote:
We know that light was created from water in some way.
No, no you don't know that at all. you are trying to take a book full of falsehoods and make the universe fot to its words. the glaring fact that the universe does NOT fit top its words should tip you off that your cult is based on some serious lies and falshoods...

Level 9

Evolution is true.....

#78472 Mar 3, 2013
FREE SERVANT wrote:
And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters.
Those old myths are beautiful aren't they?
FREE SERVANT

Bellevue, WA

#78473 Mar 3, 2013
thewordofme wrote:
<quoted text>
And just when did He/She/It do this??
In THE beginning. I believe there has only been one beginning and it happened very quickly at the Word and command of God.

St. Croix valley

#78474 Mar 3, 2013
thewordofme wrote:
<quoted text>
Those old myths are beautiful aren't they?
I'm kinda partial to the Hopi myths. very pretty.

(and as acurate and credible as Free Servant's)

Level 5

Since: Apr 12

Hefei, China

#78475 Mar 3, 2013
anonymous wrote:
Now, imagine getting back on topic and debating Creationism vs. Evolution ...
Good idea.
It was research on pedophilia which got me interested in Evolution in the first place.
Evolution disfavors pedophilia, and that is why I say that pedophilia is an aberration.
Pedophilia is never found among animals in the wild.
The closest exception is in the bonobo species, in which adult males hump emerging female juveniles.
Even then, the adult males do not penetrate, and they continue to show preference for mature females.

Creationists can call this a "just-so story" if they wish, but it is apparent that healthy relationships prevailed throughout most of our evolutionary past. Men, women, boys, and girls spent their entire lives in the company of men, women, boys, and girls. They therefore related with men, women, boys, and girls and men, women, boys, and girls should be related to.

The nuclear family system messed all this up. Children grew up lacking younger siblings or younger cousins to nurture, so they grew up to be pedophiles.

This is all validated in intercultural study. Where boys and girls are free to relate with each other, sexual abuse is unknown. Examples are the Trobriand tribe of Melanesia (Malinowski [1927] 1953: 55, 57; 1929: 55) and the Muria tribe of India (Currier 1987). In cultures where boys and girls are kept separate, sexual abuse of children is common. Examples include Balinese society (Mead 1949: 72, 106; 1973: 138) and societies with practice ritual sexual abuse (Muensterberger 1967).

For anyone still preferring to turn to the Bible as a solution to sexual abuse, I suggest starting with Song of Solomon 8:8.

Currier, R. L. 1981. Juvenile sexuality in global perspective. In Constantine, L. L. & Martinson, F. M., eds.: 1981. Children and sex: New findings, new perspectives. Boston: Little, Brown & Co.: 9-19.

Malinowski, B.[1927] 1953. Sex and repression in savage society. London: Routledge & Kegan.

_____. 1929. The sexual life of savages in North-Western Melanesia. New York: Halcyon House.

Mead, M. 1949. Male and female: A study of the sexes in a changing world. New York: Morrow.

_____. 1973. Coming of age in Samoa: A psychological study of primitive youth for Western civilisation. New York: Morrow.

Muensterberger, W. 1967. Perversion, cultural norm and normality. In Ruitenbeek, H., ed. The psychotherapy of perversions. New York: Citadel: 99-109.
FREE SERVANT

Bellevue, WA

#78476 Mar 3, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>not at all. it is you that is. oxygen was created in the stars, not in your mythical book. there was no oxygen before there were stars...
You or anyone else can not say for sure there was no water before the stars were created.

Level 9

Evolution is true.....

#78477 Mar 3, 2013
FREE SERVANT wrote:
<quoted text>In THE beginning. I believe there has only been one beginning and it happened very quickly at the Word and command of God.
Aaahh, you mean the beginning of everything....the Big Bang, around 14 billion years ago....right??

Level 9

Evolution is true.....

#78478 Mar 3, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>I'm kinda partial to the Hopi myths. very pretty.
(and as acurate and credible as Free Servant's)
Yes, I like the Hopi legends also. The part about the tribes coming through the sipapu in the kiva into their new world (present day) is pretty neat.

Have you been to any of the ruins in New Mexico and Arizona?

Louis L'Amore has a really good book called "Haunted Mesa" that goes into the myth pretty deeply. Of course it's all fiction, but it explores the myth very neatly.

Level 5

Since: Apr 12

Hefei, China

#78479 Mar 3, 2013
FREE SERVANT wrote:
And God said, Let there be light: and there was light. And God saw the light, that it was good: and God divided the light from the darkness.
Free Servant, why do you post messages like that?
Don't you realize that most of us have already heard all that before?
FREE SERVANT

Bellevue, WA

#78480 Mar 3, 2013
thewordofme wrote:
<quoted text>
Aaahh, you mean the beginning of everything....the Big Bang, around 14 billion years ago....right??
It didn't take billions of years for the elements to answer to the voice of God.

Level 9

Evolution is true.....

#78481 Mar 3, 2013
FREE SERVANT wrote:
<quoted text>It didn't take billions of years for the elements to answer to the voice of God.
That's roughly how long ago the star forming began. You know we can date a lot of this stuff don't you?

St. Croix valley

#78482 Mar 3, 2013
FREE SERVANT wrote:
<quoted text>You or anyone else can not say for sure there was no water before the stars were created.
i thought you just said there was?!?! now you are contradicting yourself!

man, your cult has you so messed up...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Poll Things that drive you crazy (Jan '10) 3 min Suezanne 4,585
keep a word drop a word (Sep '12) 5 min Old Sam 8,395
How's your weather today? (Mar '12) 6 min Suezanne 5,448
OFFBEAT.keepAword.DropAword.2011edition (Oct '11) 7 min Old Sam 18,771
Things that make life eaiser... 8 min Old Sam 597
Poll I love you because.............. (Mar '09) 8 min _ Juneau _ 4,509
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 11 min Crazy Beautiful 162,890
JUST SAY SOMETHING. Whatever comes to mind!! (Aug '09) 13 min _ Juneau _ 29,124
BAN(N) the P0STER Above you !!! (Feb '14) 30 min dragoon70056 4,538
*Sad music/sad themes Thread* 2 hr Parden Pard 190
News 2 Dead, Several Hurt In Shooting At Wal-Mart In... 2 hr TALLYHO 8541 17
More from around the web