Evolution vs. Creation

Full story: Best of New Orleans

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.

Comments (Page 3,695)

Showing posts 73,881 - 73,900 of106,286
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
FREE SERVANT

Bellevue, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 2, 2013

Judged:

Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
Gun's were not a "scientific" discovery. They are an engineering accomplishment. Abortion was not a gift of science either. The only one from your list that you can attribute to science is the atomic bomb. And Christians and religious people have still cause far more deaths over the history of the world.
Is self defense never a good thing? Is any kind of defense bad?

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 2, 2013

Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
Gun's were not a "scientific" discovery. They are an engineering accomplishment. Abortion was not a gift of science either. The only one from your list that you can attribute to science is the atomic bomb. And Christians and religious people have still cause far more deaths over the history of the world.
excuse me?

en·gi·neer·ing
/&#716;enj&#601;&# 712;ni(&#601;)riNG/
Noun

The branch of science and technology concerned with the design, building, and use of engines, machines, and structures.

““You must not lose faith ”

Level 5

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 2, 2013

xxxooxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
Quite ironic that some people would blame Christianity for the very thing that it quite plainly speaks out against above all other religions.
Luke 6:27
“But I say to you who hear, Love your enemies, do good to those who hate you,
Matthew 18:21-22
Then Peter came up and said to him,“Lord, how often will my brother sin against me, and I forgive him? As many as seven times?” Jesus said to him,“I do not say to you seven times, but seventy times seven.
Romans 12:17-21
Repay no one evil for evil, but give thought to do what is honorable in the sight of all. If possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all. Beloved, never avenge yourselves, but leave it to the wrath of God, for it is written,“Vengeance is mine, I will repay, says the Lord.” To the contrary,“if your enemy is hungry, feed him; if he is thirsty, give him something to drink; for by so doing you will heap burning coals on his head.” Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.
Your former post was about science.
But religion killed by virtue of the interpretation they call the ultimate and only truth, were i distinctly recall: do not kill.

What non hebrew bbible readers make of it is a total parody.
Always out of context.

Level 5

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 2, 2013

Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
Just as religion is ID.
FREE SERVANT

Bellevue, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 2, 2013

Judged:

I believe Jesus meant we should give our enemy every chance to do the right thing, but at some point the bad guy will have to be stopped.

Level 5

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 2, 2013

Judged:

FREE SERVANT wrote:
The language of Canaan and Phenician writing may have been the language of Noah and those before him.
You might as well have stood waving Free Servant ;). You've got my full attention.
Go ahaed. Why do you figure that?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 2, 2013

Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
and as far as abortion goes, your claiming that the medical field is not a branch of science?
FREE SERVANT

Bellevue, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 2, 2013

Judged:

MAAT wrote:
<quoted text>
You might as well have stood waving Free Servant ;). You've got my full attention.
Go ahaed. Why do you figure that?
The Bible mentions the language of Canaan in Isaiah and the Phoenician writing was part of it. We have many words today that have origins from then "QTN" which means "thin" in Canaanite is where our word "cotton" came from. NImrod/Marduk spoke it and spread it abroad.

Level 5

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 2, 2013

xxxooxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
Quite ironic that some people would blame Christianity for the very thing that it quite plainly speaks out against above all other religions.
Then Peter came up and said to him,“Lord, how often will my brother sin against me, and I forgive him? As many as seven times?” Jesus said to him,“I do not say to you seven times, but seventy times seven.
Repay no one evil for evil, but give thought to do what is honorable in the sight of all. If possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all. Beloved, never avenge yourselves, but leave it to the wrath of God, for it is written,“Vengeance is mine, I will repay, says the Lord.” To the contrary,“if your enemy is hungry, feed him; if he is thirsty, give him something to drink; for by so doing you will heap burning coals on his head.” Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.
Have you never considered that it could have been a parody?
Here we have the romans that crucify hundreds every day, that use and abuse peole as slaves. And there we have jesus and his band of merry man traveling freely, freeloading of widows and telling people to love the Romans and pay the tax!

Do you really think he was anything like a saviour to those down trodden or is it more likely that the entire new covenant is making a joke out of judaism!

Level 5

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 2, 2013

xxxooxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
and as far as abortion goes, your claiming that the medical field is not a branch of science?
Woman have spontaneous abortions all the time...where do you draw the line.

Or you get babies in suitcases and the garbage-dump or in the backyard.
I think it's sanctimonious nonsense off people that love a society where competition is the norm and where nobody gives a rats-ass about poverty or rape. Everybody is responsible for their own life is not even being a society!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 2, 2013

MAAT wrote:
<quoted text>
Have you never considered that it could have been a parody?
Here we have the romans that crucify hundreds every day, that use and abuse peole as slaves. And there we have jesus and his band of merry man traveling freely, freeloading of widows and telling people to love the Romans and pay the tax!
Do you really think he was anything like a saviour to those down trodden or is it more likely that the entire new covenant is making a joke out of judaism!
what? like a monty python skit?...lol

Level 9

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 2, 2013

xxxooxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
excuse me?
en·gi·neer·ing
/&#716;enj&#601;&# 712;ni(&#601;)riNG/
Noun
The branch of science and technology concerned with the design, building, and use of engines, machines, and structures.
Perhaps I should have said "cookbook engineering". I would still not call it science. And religion is still responsible for more deaths. Guns don't shoot people all by themselves.
thewordofme

Tucson, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 2, 2013

Judged:

xxxoooxxx
You say:
Quite ironic that some people would blame Christianity for the very thing that it quite plainly speaks out against above all other religions."
Quite Ironic that Christianity would have that in their Bible and still go about doing all that maiming and killing. All in the name of your God.
thewordofme

Tucson, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 2, 2013

Judged:

MAAT wrote:
<quoted text>
Your former post was about science.
But religion killed by virtue of the interpretation they call the ultimate and only truth, were i distinctly recall: do not kill.
What non hebrew bbible readers make of it is a total parody.
Always out of context.
"Whsat non hebrew Bible readersis a total parody"

How true that is. Most of them only follow that which they want to follow...not all of it.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 2, 2013

Judged:

Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
Perhaps I should have said "cookbook engineering". I would still not call it science. And religion is still responsible for more deaths. Guns don't shoot people all by themselves.
never really heard of a bible killing nobody either...

Level 5

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 2, 2013

Judged:

FREE SERVANT wrote:
<quoted text>The Bible mentions the language of Canaan in Isaiah and the Phoenician writing was part of it. We have many words today that have origins from then "QTN" which means "thin" in Canaanite is where our word "cotton" came from. NImrod/Marduk spoke it and spread it abroad.
That would however fit with the idea that the Magi (not confused with magicians. But in Babylon history we had Medes and Madi-barbarians and later Magi, a tribe from even further afield near Altai*, that were hot on each others trail or vice versa. All the way to Anatolia.) They were a tribe that raided the Jericho turf. The story tells it later as if Moses was complicit and in a judean form, but also Finkelstein comes with a northern invasion theory.
Later mingling with the heth/hittite. And various names given to the geography in the Sinaï can be traced to a marduk/nimrod/merodach invasion.(maybe three times in the history. 2300-1800-600? Have to read up on my notes)Mari one of the places they settled. So i would trace it to Mari cuneiform dialect. Or at least try that first.

But old hebrew has several dialects, and forms of writing, though i believe Canaan, Omri/Israel and Phenicia was one and the same.
The what we now call Phenician aabecedary can clearly be traced to starsigns, and parts of starsigns.

*Also iconography of fierce monsters with wings, lionfeet, serpent like i.e. dragons were invented to defend the entry into the valley. So you could also follow the spread of thse images to follow the trail.

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 2, 2013

Judged:

xxxooxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
yet we know that they are to blame for so much of it.

they wiped fueding sects of christianity right off the face of the earth. As recently as the balkan conflict we had christians killing other christians and muslims in the name of their god.

most cults preach peace but in reality they have caused most of the vbloodshed on this planet. it is the inherent divisivness of religious cults that is the problem. when we move past the days of mythical cults as a society, we will be a far better species all around.

look at the least religious countries on the planet, helathies, happiest citizenry, best educated kids, hifghest standards of living... you know, not cave men...

Level 9

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 2, 2013

Judged:

xxxooxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
Abortions have been know as long as man has been civilized. The medical profession is just a handy scapegoat.

And though I would not say that abortion is a good thing it is definitely not murder. Even the Bible seems to agree on that.

Level 5

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 2, 2013

Judged:

thewordofme wrote:
<quoted text>
"Whsat non hebrew Bible readersis a total parody"
How true that is. Most of them only follow that which they want to follow...not all of it.
Not just that.
But they always quote some verse at you that in context points to an entirely different meaning.

Nice to be on the same page and chapter.:]

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 2, 2013

Judged:

xxxooxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
never really heard of a bible killing nobody either...
It mentions killing in the name your god in several places.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 73,881 - 73,900 of106,286
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••