Evolution vs. Creation

Full story: Best of New Orleans

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.
Comments
73,801 - 73,820 of 112,831 Comments Last updated 2 hrs ago

““You must not lose faith ”

Level 5

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#78298
Mar 2, 2013
 
thewordofme wrote:
<quoted text>
The Bible lead to the killing of perhaps million of poor people.
The Bible lead to the killing of perhaps tens of thousands poor people.
The Bible lead to the 30 year war and the killing of millions of poor people.
Bad interpretation of the Bible lead to priestly celibacy and the rape (and some castration of young children) of thousands upon thousands of children.
The Church's (supposedly taking inspiration from the Bible) are nowadays trying to deny safe abortions and birth control to women (control their bodies and sex life).
The church down through the ages has been responsible for the torture and death of many people who expressed their disbelief in God or the Church or the Bible.
Even now the Muslims (who supposedly worship the same God) are killing people for disbelief, heresy, and blasphemy.
There's more, but I'm depressed now.
So Christianity and the Bible are really responsible for several million poor peoples death.
We should one day do some actual count.

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#78299
Mar 2, 2013
 
thewordofme wrote:
<quoted text>
The Bible lead to the killing of perhaps million of poor people.
The Bible lead to the killing of perhaps tens of thousands poor people.
The Bible lead to the 30 year war and the killing of millions of poor people.
Bad interpretation of the Bible lead to priestly celibacy and the rape (and some castration of young children) of thousands upon thousands of children.
The Church's (supposedly taking inspiration from the Bible) are nowadays trying to deny safe abortions and birth control to women (control their bodies and sex life).
The church down through the ages has been responsible for the torture and death of many people who expressed their disbelief in God or the Church or the Bible.
Even now the Muslims (who supposedly worship the same God) are killing people for disbelief, heresy, and blasphemy.
There's more, but I'm depressed now.
So Christianity and the Bible are really responsible for several million poor peoples death.
Pales in comparison to the what science has brought upon the world...gun power,atomic bombs,abortions...so forth.

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#78300
Mar 2, 2013
 
thewordofme wrote:
<quoted text>
The Bible lead to the killing of perhaps million of poor people.
The Bible lead to the killing of perhaps tens of thousands poor people.
The Bible lead to the 30 year war and the killing of millions of poor people.
Bad interpretation of the Bible lead to priestly celibacy and the rape (and some castration of young children) of thousands upon thousands of children.
The Church's (supposedly taking inspiration from the Bible) are nowadays trying to deny safe abortions and birth control to women (control their bodies and sex life).
The church down through the ages has been responsible for the torture and death of many people who expressed their disbelief in God or the Church or the Bible.
Even now the Muslims (who supposedly worship the same God) are killing people for disbelief, heresy, and blasphemy.
There's more, but I'm depressed now.
So Christianity and the Bible are really responsible for several million poor peoples death.
Quite ironic that some people would blame Christianity for the very thing that it quite plainly speaks out against above all other religions.

Luke 6:27
“But I say to you who hear, Love your enemies, do good to those who hate you,

Matthew 18:21-22

Then Peter came up and said to him,“Lord, how often will my brother sin against me, and I forgive him? As many as seven times?” Jesus said to him,“I do not say to you seven times, but seventy times seven.

Romans 12:17-21
Repay no one evil for evil, but give thought to do what is honorable in the sight of all. If possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all. Beloved, never avenge yourselves, but leave it to the wrath of God, for it is written,“Vengeance is mine, I will repay, says the Lord.” To the contrary,“if your enemy is hungry, feed him; if he is thirsty, give him something to drink; for by so doing you will heap burning coals on his head.” Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.
FREE SERVANT

Bellevue, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#78301
Mar 2, 2013
 

Judged:

1

The language of Canaan and Phenician writing may have been the language of Noah and those before him.

Level 9

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#78302
Mar 2, 2013
 

Judged:

1

xxxooxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
Pales in comparison to the what science has brought upon the world...gun power,atomic bombs,abortions...so forth.
Gun's were not a "scientific" discovery. They are an engineering accomplishment. Abortion was not a gift of science either. The only one from your list that you can attribute to science is the atomic bomb. And Christians and religious people have still cause far more deaths over the history of the world.
drinK the Hive

Anonymous Proxy

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#78303
Mar 2, 2013
 
Politic' Is The Best Religion And Politician' Are The Worst Followers...

http://forgifs.com/gallery/d/200321-1/Pizza-I...
FREE SERVANT

Bellevue, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#78304
Mar 2, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
Gun's were not a "scientific" discovery. They are an engineering accomplishment. Abortion was not a gift of science either. The only one from your list that you can attribute to science is the atomic bomb. And Christians and religious people have still cause far more deaths over the history of the world.
Is self defense never a good thing? Is any kind of defense bad?

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#78305
Mar 2, 2013
 
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
Gun's were not a "scientific" discovery. They are an engineering accomplishment. Abortion was not a gift of science either. The only one from your list that you can attribute to science is the atomic bomb. And Christians and religious people have still cause far more deaths over the history of the world.
excuse me?

en·gi·neer·ing
/&#716;enj&#601;&# 712;ni(&#601;)riNG/
Noun

The branch of science and technology concerned with the design, building, and use of engines, machines, and structures.

““You must not lose faith ”

Level 5

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#78306
Mar 2, 2013
 
xxxooxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
Quite ironic that some people would blame Christianity for the very thing that it quite plainly speaks out against above all other religions.
Luke 6:27
“But I say to you who hear, Love your enemies, do good to those who hate you,
Matthew 18:21-22
Then Peter came up and said to him,“Lord, how often will my brother sin against me, and I forgive him? As many as seven times?” Jesus said to him,“I do not say to you seven times, but seventy times seven.
Romans 12:17-21
Repay no one evil for evil, but give thought to do what is honorable in the sight of all. If possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all. Beloved, never avenge yourselves, but leave it to the wrath of God, for it is written,“Vengeance is mine, I will repay, says the Lord.” To the contrary,“if your enemy is hungry, feed him; if he is thirsty, give him something to drink; for by so doing you will heap burning coals on his head.” Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.
Your former post was about science.
But religion killed by virtue of the interpretation they call the ultimate and only truth, were i distinctly recall: do not kill.

What non hebrew bbible readers make of it is a total parody.
Always out of context.

““You must not lose faith ”

Level 5

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#78307
Mar 2, 2013
 
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
Gun's were not a "scientific" discovery. They are an engineering accomplishment. Abortion was not a gift of science either. The only one from your list that you can attribute to science is the atomic bomb. And Christians and religious people have still cause far more deaths over the history of the world.
Just as religion is ID.
FREE SERVANT

Bellevue, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#78308
Mar 2, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

I believe Jesus meant we should give our enemy every chance to do the right thing, but at some point the bad guy will have to be stopped.

““You must not lose faith ”

Level 5

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#78309
Mar 2, 2013
 

Judged:

1

FREE SERVANT wrote:
The language of Canaan and Phenician writing may have been the language of Noah and those before him.
You might as well have stood waving Free Servant ;). You've got my full attention.
Go ahaed. Why do you figure that?

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#78310
Mar 2, 2013
 
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
Gun's were not a "scientific" discovery. They are an engineering accomplishment. Abortion was not a gift of science either. The only one from your list that you can attribute to science is the atomic bomb. And Christians and religious people have still cause far more deaths over the history of the world.
and as far as abortion goes, your claiming that the medical field is not a branch of science?
FREE SERVANT

Bellevue, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#78311
Mar 2, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

MAAT wrote:
<quoted text>
You might as well have stood waving Free Servant ;). You've got my full attention.
Go ahaed. Why do you figure that?
The Bible mentions the language of Canaan in Isaiah and the Phoenician writing was part of it. We have many words today that have origins from then "QTN" which means "thin" in Canaanite is where our word "cotton" came from. NImrod/Marduk spoke it and spread it abroad.

““You must not lose faith ”

Level 5

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#78312
Mar 2, 2013
 
xxxooxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
Quite ironic that some people would blame Christianity for the very thing that it quite plainly speaks out against above all other religions.
Luke 6:27
“But I say to you who hear, Love your enemies, do good to those who hate you,
Matthew 18:21-22
Then Peter came up and said to him,“Lord, how often will my brother sin against me, and I forgive him? As many as seven times?” Jesus said to him,“I do not say to you seven times, but seventy times seven.
Romans 12:17-21
Repay no one evil for evil, but give thought to do what is honorable in the sight of all. If possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all. Beloved, never avenge yourselves, but leave it to the wrath of God, for it is written,“Vengeance is mine, I will repay, says the Lord.” To the contrary,“if your enemy is hungry, feed him; if he is thirsty, give him something to drink; for by so doing you will heap burning coals on his head.” Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.
Have you never considered that it could have been a parody?
Here we have the romans that crucify hundreds every day, that use and abuse peole as slaves. And there we have jesus and his band of merry man traveling freely, freeloading of widows and telling people to love the Romans and pay the tax!

Do you really think he was anything like a saviour to those down trodden or is it more likely that the entire new covenant is making a joke out of judaism!

““You must not lose faith ”

Level 5

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#78313
Mar 2, 2013
 
xxxooxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
and as far as abortion goes, your claiming that the medical field is not a branch of science?
Woman have spontaneous abortions all the time...where do you draw the line.

Or you get babies in suitcases and the garbage-dump or in the backyard.
I think it's sanctimonious nonsense off people that love a society where competition is the norm and where nobody gives a rats-ass about poverty or rape. Everybody is responsible for their own life is not even being a society!

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#78314
Mar 2, 2013
 
MAAT wrote:
<quoted text>
Have you never considered that it could have been a parody?
Here we have the romans that crucify hundreds every day, that use and abuse peole as slaves. And there we have jesus and his band of merry man traveling freely, freeloading of widows and telling people to love the Romans and pay the tax!
Do you really think he was anything like a saviour to those down trodden or is it more likely that the entire new covenant is making a joke out of judaism!
what? like a monty python skit?...lol

Level 9

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#78315
Mar 2, 2013
 
xxxooxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
excuse me?
en·gi·neer·ing
/&#716;enj&#601;&# 712;ni(&#601;)riNG/
Noun
The branch of science and technology concerned with the design, building, and use of engines, machines, and structures.
Perhaps I should have said "cookbook engineering". I would still not call it science. And religion is still responsible for more deaths. Guns don't shoot people all by themselves.
thewordofme

Tucson, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#78316
Mar 2, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

xxxoooxxx
You say:
Quite ironic that some people would blame Christianity for the very thing that it quite plainly speaks out against above all other religions."
Quite Ironic that Christianity would have that in their Bible and still go about doing all that maiming and killing. All in the name of your God.
thewordofme

Tucson, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#78317
Mar 2, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

MAAT wrote:
<quoted text>
Your former post was about science.
But religion killed by virtue of the interpretation they call the ultimate and only truth, were i distinctly recall: do not kill.
What non hebrew bbible readers make of it is a total parody.
Always out of context.
"Whsat non hebrew Bible readersis a total parody"

How true that is. Most of them only follow that which they want to follow...not all of it.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••