Evolution vs. Creation

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008. Full Story
thewordofme

Tucson, AZ

#78316 Mar 2, 2013
xxxoooxxx
You say:
Quite ironic that some people would blame Christianity for the very thing that it quite plainly speaks out against above all other religions."
Quite Ironic that Christianity would have that in their Bible and still go about doing all that maiming and killing. All in the name of your God.
thewordofme

Tucson, AZ

#78317 Mar 2, 2013
MAAT wrote:
<quoted text>
Your former post was about science.
But religion killed by virtue of the interpretation they call the ultimate and only truth, were i distinctly recall: do not kill.
What non hebrew bbible readers make of it is a total parody.
Always out of context.
"Whsat non hebrew Bible readersis a total parody"

How true that is. Most of them only follow that which they want to follow...not all of it.

“All things considered”

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#78318 Mar 2, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
Perhaps I should have said "cookbook engineering". I would still not call it science. And religion is still responsible for more deaths. Guns don't shoot people all by themselves.
never really heard of a bible killing nobody either...

““You must not lose faith ”

Level 5

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

#78319 Mar 2, 2013
FREE SERVANT wrote:
<quoted text>The Bible mentions the language of Canaan in Isaiah and the Phoenician writing was part of it. We have many words today that have origins from then "QTN" which means "thin" in Canaanite is where our word "cotton" came from. NImrod/Marduk spoke it and spread it abroad.
That would however fit with the idea that the Magi (not confused with magicians. But in Babylon history we had Medes and Madi-barbarians and later Magi, a tribe from even further afield near Altai*, that were hot on each others trail or vice versa. All the way to Anatolia.) They were a tribe that raided the Jericho turf. The story tells it later as if Moses was complicit and in a judean form, but also Finkelstein comes with a northern invasion theory.
Later mingling with the heth/hittite. And various names given to the geography in the Sinaï can be traced to a marduk/nimrod/merodach invasion.(maybe three times in the history. 2300-1800-600? Have to read up on my notes)Mari one of the places they settled. So i would trace it to Mari cuneiform dialect. Or at least try that first.

But old hebrew has several dialects, and forms of writing, though i believe Canaan, Omri/Israel and Phenicia was one and the same.
The what we now call Phenician aabecedary can clearly be traced to starsigns, and parts of starsigns.

*Also iconography of fierce monsters with wings, lionfeet, serpent like i.e. dragons were invented to defend the entry into the valley. So you could also follow the spread of thse images to follow the trail.

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#78320 Mar 2, 2013
xxxooxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
Quite ironic that some people would blame Christianity for the very thing that it quite plainly speaks out against above all other religions.
Luke 6:27
“But I say to you who hear, Love your enemies, do good to those who hate you,
Matthew 18:21-22
Then Peter came up and said to him,“Lord, how often will my brother sin against me, and I forgive him? As many as seven times?” Jesus said to him,“I do not say to you seven times, but seventy times seven.
Romans 12:17-21
Repay no one evil for evil, but give thought to do what is honorable in the sight of all. If possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all. Beloved, never avenge yourselves, but leave it to the wrath of God, for it is written,“Vengeance is mine, I will repay, says the Lord.” To the contrary,“if your enemy is hungry, feed him; if he is thirsty, give him something to drink; for by so doing you will heap burning coals on his head.” Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.
yet we know that they are to blame for so much of it.

they wiped fueding sects of christianity right off the face of the earth. As recently as the balkan conflict we had christians killing other christians and muslims in the name of their god.

most cults preach peace but in reality they have caused most of the vbloodshed on this planet. it is the inherent divisivness of religious cults that is the problem. when we move past the days of mythical cults as a society, we will be a far better species all around.

look at the least religious countries on the planet, helathies, happiest citizenry, best educated kids, hifghest standards of living... you know, not cave men...

Level 9

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

#78321 Mar 2, 2013
xxxooxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
and as far as abortion goes, your claiming that the medical field is not a branch of science?
Abortions have been know as long as man has been civilized. The medical profession is just a handy scapegoat.

And though I would not say that abortion is a good thing it is definitely not murder. Even the Bible seems to agree on that.

Level 5

Location hidden

#78322 Mar 2, 2013
thewordofme wrote:
<quoted text>
"Whsat non hebrew Bible readersis a total parody"
How true that is. Most of them only follow that which they want to follow...not all of it.
Not just that.
But they always quote some verse at you that in context points to an entirely different meaning.

Nice to be on the same page and chapter.:]

St. Croix valley

#78323 Mar 2, 2013
xxxooxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
It mentions killing in the name your god in several places.

Level 9

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

#78324 Mar 2, 2013
xxxooxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
Really? You haven't heard of wackos like the Jehovah's Witnesses reject medical care because of the Bible? And of course we all know that organized religion has killed millions.

“All things considered”

Location hidden

#78325 Mar 2, 2013
thewordofme wrote:
xxxoooxxx
You say:
Quite ironic that some people would blame Christianity for the very thing that it quite plainly speaks out against above all other religions."
Quite Ironic that Christianity would have that in their Bible and still go about doing all that maiming and killing. All in the name of your God.
So how many people did Christians kill last year in the name of God?

I seemed to have missed that one on the news.

St. Croix valley

#78326 Mar 2, 2013
xxxooxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
Pales in comparison to the what science has brought upon the world...gun power,atomic bombs,abortions...so forth.
Science brought abortions? they were doing abortions long before the scientific method was born.

biased much? sheesh!

St. Croix valley

#78327 Mar 2, 2013
FREE SERVANT wrote:
The angels also look like men and they were created before Adam.
i thought they looked like Christopher Walken...Shhh.

“All things considered”

Location hidden

#78328 Mar 2, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>It mentions killing in the name your god in several places.
Christ said that?...where?

“All things considered”

Location hidden

#78329 Mar 2, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>Science brought abortions? they were doing abortions long before the scientific method was born.
biased much? sheesh!
it was in reference to the number killed, by the scientific method...

they were also killing people with rocks before the scientific method was born...but the point was that the scientific method makes the ability to kill exponential.

St. Croix valley

#78330 Mar 2, 2013
xxxooxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
Christ said that?...where?
Christ/god/holy Casper the friendly ghost did...

in your bible. why is it you cult members do not even know your own religion? don't they teach you that? oh yeah, education is the cult killer...thinking ruins faith...

you should try it some time.

when you find he many passages in your bible where your god tells you to kill others just because they do not belive in him, get back to me and then tell me what great cult you are amember of...

Level 5

Location hidden

#78331 Mar 2, 2013
FREE SERVANT got any usefull links?
Mari/Hurri at least brings some. Apropos it would be the socalled Amorite connection.

I love the judging, definitely controversial stuff.

Ah well moses and yacub are attested in archeological finds but not as biblethumpers are used to, but indeed in connection with old ugarit, Knan and Phenician and Egyptian sources.

I said it before if you want to be critical you can count on the entire conservative SAVE JESUS movement. As if the hebrew bible is even their book!

St. Croix valley

#78332 Mar 2, 2013
xxxooxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
So how many people did Christians kill last year in the name of God?
I seemed to have missed that one on the news.
hard to say, the catholic churches refusal to back condom use probably killed thousands in Africa alone, if not tens of thousands as the cases multiply...

all in the name of m=some made up mythical god...

St. Croix valley

#78333 Mar 2, 2013
xxxooxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
it was in reference to the number killed, by the scientific method...
they were also killing people with rocks before the scientific method was born...but the point was that the scientific method makes the ability to kill exponential.
it is the number of women alive that makes the numbers today so much higher...

it is not the science, it is the people that use those ideas and make weapons out of them....mostly religious people to date.

llok at the US air force...uber-christians with nuclear bombs....yikes!

“All things considered”

Location hidden

#78334 Mar 2, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>Christ/god/holy Casper the friendly ghost did...
in your bible. why is it you cult members do not even know your own religion? don't they teach you that? oh yeah, education is the cult killer...thinking ruins faith...
you should try it some time.
when you find he many passages in your bible where your god tells you to kill others just because they do not belive in him, get back to me and then tell me what great cult you are amember of...
I guess you missed the "thou shall not kill" part.lol

Even the old testament teaches that.

Christianity is based on the teachings of Christ...you seemed to have overlooked that fact.

St. Croix valley

#78335 Mar 2, 2013
xxxooxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
I guess you missed the "thou shall not kill" part.lol
Even the old testament teaches that.
Christianity is based on the teachings of Christ...you seemed to have overlooked that fact.
yet it is there..even in the old testament...god is OK with killing in his name...and slavery and subjugating women and other races, and abondon ing his kids...

why is it you don't know this about your religion again?

So where in your religious cult book does it telll you to kill people that don't believe in your god? why don't you know this about your cult? is your faith that weak?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
CHANGE One letter CHANCE (Sep '08) 2 min Hoosier Hillbilly 29,977
Cards Against Humanity sent people actual poop ... 2 min DILF 6
Magician wows police officers with trick to get... 7 min DILF 9
JUST SAY SOMETHING. Whatever comes to mind!! (Aug '09) 8 min NinaRocks 28,617
Have you ever wear a miniskirt without underwea... 9 min 2012lover 1
Let's Play Song Titles With One Word? 10 min On the Radio 130
Goodwill workers find cremated remains in donation 11 min DILF 6
Family Feud Contestant Knows Women Have To Be '... 12 min Latter Day Taints 11
Merry Christmas Topix, Thanks For,...? 20 min -CatCiao- 75
What are you thinking about now? (Jun '10) 43 min Sublime1 25,545
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 54 min lightbeamrider 152,365
More from around the web