Evolution vs. Creation

Full story: Best of New Orleans

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.
Comments
73,741 - 73,760 of 115,228 Comments Last updated 46 min ago

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

#78274 Mar 2, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>Wrong, this was your claim, you have to do the research to back it up.
Nope you're incorrect yet again.

Location hidden

#78275 Mar 2, 2013
MAAT wrote:
<quoted text>Literalism, instead of some linguistic theory, but soit:
Where do we read that adam can write?
And given the old magic believe - in this myth that was known and told in various forms in the Ancient Near East- expressed as naming is bringing to life, why do you assume language was of no consequence?
Again absents of evidence is not proof.

Location hidden

#78276 Mar 2, 2013
MAAT wrote:
<quoted text>I haven't read any book irttsat(in relation to the subject at hand) where it does not state SUPPORTS.
Supporting evidence should ring a bell.
"irttsat"

Should this not be "Irttsah" (in relation to the subject at hand)

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Seattle

#78277 Mar 2, 2013
Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
Again absents of evidence is not proof.
No, it isn't. Any assertion made without evidence can be dismissed without evidence. Since there is an absence of evidence, your claims about your god are dismissed, and any further assertions made by you are delusion.

Location hidden

#78278 Mar 2, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>Wrong, this was your claim, you have to do the research to back it up.
No take my word for it or research it.

In case you thought you were on another planet I'll remind you this is earth and I'm not bound to you.
I stated a fact you don't believe me I posted some links you don't think are good enough so I say go prove me wrong. More then fare on this planet.

Location hidden

#78279 Mar 2, 2013
MAAT wrote:
<quoted text>Literalism, instead of some linguistic theory, but soit:
Where do we read that adam can write?
And given the old magic believe - in this myth that was known and told in various forms in the Ancient Near East- expressed as naming is bringing to life, why do you assume language was of no consequence?
Why do you assume God created a man who could talk to God who could name all animals who could talk to Eve and yet you believe he needed thousands of years to learn how to write.

Thats ridicules.

Location hidden

#78280 Mar 2, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>No, it isn't. Any assertion made without evidence can be dismissed without evidence. Since there is an absence of evidence, your claims about your god are dismissed, and any further assertions made by you are delusion.
Oh ok

“Darwin was right..of course.”

Level 9

Since: Jun 11

Tenerife

#78281 Mar 2, 2013
Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
However there is evidence all over the world for the flood.
Show me your hard evidence for a flood and for Adam and Eve.

Level 9

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

#78282 Mar 2, 2013
Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope you're incorrect yet again.
Yes, I do believe it was an idiotic creatard claim. What other idiot creatard could it have been? There is no reason someone who believed the theory of evolution would claim that a myth in the Bible is true.

Level 9

Everett, WA

#78283 Mar 2, 2013
Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
No take my word for it or research it.
In case you thought you were on another planet I'll remind you this is earth and I'm not bound to you.
I stated a fact you don't believe me I posted some links you don't think are good enough so I say go prove me wrong. More then fare on this planet.
Yes, and I told you how they did not back up your claim.

You did not state a fact, you stated a belief. You tried to change your statement after the fact, or in other words you lied.

You never made your first point so you proved yourself wrong. The burden of proof is always on the person making the positive claim. That was you.

Location hidden

#78284 Mar 2, 2013
thewordofme wrote:
<quoted text>Show me your hard evidence for a flood and for Adam and Eve.
Nope!

Level 9

Everett, WA

#78285 Mar 2, 2013
Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
Take that up with God.
He says he did create Adam.
And something that atheist love to over look. Just like the Bible claims it is totally possible to create Eve from a rib from Adam. And the Rib used is the only bone known to regrow completely if removed. Interesting not bad for goat herders.
And here is Langoliers post that he claims not to have made.

Please note, you did claim that the rib will grow back if "completely removed". This was roughly 20 hours ago it you want to go back and see for yourself.

Level 9

Tenerife

#78286 Mar 2, 2013
Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
You don't know that.
Kind of jumping to conclusions again.
Atheist sure to to love this line of thinking for they all seem to use it.
Absent of evidence is proof!
LOL
"Absent of evidence is proof!" Ah so, you get both sides, is that what you are trying to do?

No evidence means it's true, and evidence means it's true.

Sorry Charlie that doesn't work and is not accepted.

Level 9

Tenerife

#78287 Mar 2, 2013
Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope!
Just as I thought.

We all know there is absolutely NO hard evidence for a world-wide flood...NONE. And main stream geologists have looked for it for years.

And, I think by now we all know that there IS hard evidence that humans have been around for 200,000+- years and the DNA has confirmed this and further confirmed that there was NEVER a bottleneck of 1 or 4 mating pairs. This totally disproves the Biblical story of Adam and Eve.

Level 9

Tenerife

#78288 Mar 2, 2013
Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
Where is it??

What is it??

Looking for 50 years and haven't found any.

Level 9

Tenerife

#78289 Mar 2, 2013
Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
Serious looking for evidence of Noah's flood started in the 1600's. The naturalists looking were all Christians, as was everyone else in that time. If you weren't Christians you had a very short life expectancy.

They never found any.

The 1600's.....no evidence.

The 1700's.....no evidence

The 1800's.....no evidence

The 1900's.....no evidence

The 2000's.....still no evidence, but the creatards insist its got to be there and no evidence IS evidence it happened....tut--tut.

Level 9

Tenerife

#78290 Mar 2, 2013
xxxooxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
The bible has always been consistence...but how many times has science mis-lead the populace down through the ages...?
The Bible lead to the killing of perhaps million of poor people.

The Bible lead to the killing of perhaps tens of thousands poor people.

The Bible lead to the 30 year war and the killing of millions of poor people.

Bad interpretation of the Bible lead to priestly celibacy and the rape (and some castration of young children) of thousands upon thousands of children.

The Church's (supposedly taking inspiration from the Bible) are nowadays trying to deny safe abortions and birth control to women (control their bodies and sex life).

The church down through the ages has been responsible for the torture and death of many people who expressed their disbelief in God or the Church or the Bible.

Even now the Muslims (who supposedly worship the same God) are killing people for disbelief, heresy, and blasphemy.

There's more, but I'm depressed now.

So Christianity and the Bible are really responsible for several million poor peoples death.

““You must not lose faith ”

Level 5

Location hidden

#78291 Mar 2, 2013
Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
I did not say it was not relevant. I said it came from an atheist web page that all.
Even atheist can be correct some times.
I can understand the mistake, most atheist stuff is not relevant.
Are we talking cross-purposes here?
I might have missed a website but as far as we know we are talking about the scoliosis one. How is that atheist?
And do you seriously believe that ribs (is bone) grows decimeters all by itself?

““You must not lose faith ”

Level 5

Location hidden

#78292 Mar 2, 2013
Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
Why do you assume God created a man who could talk to God who could name all animals who could talk to Eve and yet you believe he needed thousands of years to learn how to write.
Thats ridicules.
Of course it took thousands of years to go to the idea of an alphabet. Or to write down a story. No need if people have excellent memories to tell the story, but when under threat of loosing those resources, writing comes in handy.

Who told you to take anything literal!
Why do you?
Do you think that was a smart move?

Level 5

Hefei, China

#78293 Mar 2, 2013
Langoliers wrote:
4God created man in his own image.
That's why we don't have wings and gills too.
The Bible says God created man in his own image,
but the Bible also says God is a spirit.
Those verses can't both be true,
or we would all be invisible ghosts floating around.
How do I know which verse to believe?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Words or names starting and ending with the sam... 8 min -patricia- 207
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 14 min SimplyLoveYou 145,229
Name something that gets past around (Feb '14) 27 min SimplyLoveYou 540
Pair Took Selfie With Dead Friend, Dumped Body:... 38 min SimplyLoveYou 5
What's your tip for the day? 45 min SLY WEST 807
JUST SAY SOMETHING. Whatever comes to mind!! (Aug '09) 48 min Just TLC 28,500
Songs with the Word "Love" in the Title (Nov '11) 1 hr --IslandGurL-- 297
What are you thinking about now? (Jun '10) 4 hr -Lea- 18,602
Fergson Police Dept. 5 hr A TROLL NAMED SLACK 366
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

Weird People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE