Evolution vs. Creation

Full story: Best of New Orleans

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.

Comments (Page 3,687)

Showing posts 73,721 - 73,740 of105,891
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“Darwin was right..of course.”

Level 9

Since: Jun 11

Topanga

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#78144
Mar 1, 2013
 
Tooth4U wrote:
And in a most profound Biblical sense. In the New Testament one finds The Christ saying.."I am the I Am'
This divine spark of "I" when we speak is not evolutionary rather poignantly both purposely and instuctionally brought to humankind or humanity in a most interesting way.
As a gift.
Only man can say " I" in fact only we can speak to say I to begin with.
And where does the gift of speech derive its origen?
The Gospel of John Chapter 1.
"In the beggining was the word and the word was God and the word was with God. So it was in the Beginning
Clearly , the beginning was of divine origen. It's evolution our human journey from there proves we evolve as well.
The question today since the advent of the machine and the materialistic conception of the world is are we 'evolving' or de vovling?
No, we are not devolving...just getting pretty damn lazy..:-)

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#78145
Mar 1, 2013
 
Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
I was responding to xxxoooxxx's comment about awareness. We never mentioned anything about intelligence until you brought it up. What's wrong with you? I think you are the one who had too much to drink.
Actually, you were the first to mentions awareness in insects, as i pointed out immediately. can you not even keep track of your own thoughts?

And again, for the nth time, you just posted about insects having intelligence, which i quoted back to you...

Are you really this 'unaware'? are you an insect?

sheesh! it's like talking to a woodtick!

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#78146
Mar 1, 2013
 
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
No, no. He spelled it right. Capish is for those times that you don't feel like going the full Batman with your cape. He is running around in his room with a short foot and a half to two foot cape.
Why he wanted to get that point across to us I don't know.
Oh come on, he's totally the Robin type...subordinate and gay as a feather!

“Darwin was right..of course.”

Level 9

Since: Jun 11

Topanga

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#78147
Mar 1, 2013
 
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
No, no. He spelled it right. Capish is for those times that you don't feel like going the full Batman with your cape. He is running around in his room with a short foot and a half to two foot cape.
Why he wanted to get that point across to us I don't know.
My apologies, kind sir..:-)
ar-rocks

Corona, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#78148
Mar 1, 2013
 

Judged:

1

If evolution isn't true then God is a prankster. Do you think God is a prankster?

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#78149
Mar 1, 2013
 
Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
I was responding to xxxoooxxx's comment about awareness. We never mentioned anything about intelligence until you brought it up. What's wrong with you? I think you are the one who had too much to drink.
Back-peddle much?
FREE SERVANT

Bellevue, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#78150
Mar 2, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

ar-rocks wrote:
If evolution isn't true then God is a prankster. Do you think God is a prankster?
Have you ever stopped to think that scientist could be seeing things wrong in this evolution idea?
FREE SERVANT

Bellevue, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#78151
Mar 2, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Evolution is wrong with it's claim that life began in lower forms of creatures and that these gradually changed over millions of years into highest forms, such as humans. The relationship between similar groups of living things is not brought about by linear changes in the environment in which they lived, but they came by the work within the environmental system they were assigned to do. Systems in nature work to reproduce kinds following patterns that are shown and they do this through cycles. The original kind had instrucions to change to accomplish the task if needed.

Level 2

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#78152
Mar 2, 2013
 
thewordofme wrote:
<quoted text>
God never made an Adam as written in the Bible either.
Oh!
You now believe in the existence of God.

“I see quantum effects”

Level 2

Since: Jan 11

In the macro world.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#78153
Mar 2, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

MAAT wrote:
<quoted text>Self-
Awareness is usually observed by holding up a mirror and giving the animal/baby a dot on the head, and then watching the reaction.
Amoebas hate looking at themselves in the mirror.

“I see quantum effects”

Level 2

Since: Jan 11

In the macro world.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#78154
Mar 2, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
Take that up with God.
He says he did create Adam.
And something that atheist love to over look. Just like the Bible claims it is totally possible to create Eve from a rib from Adam. And the Rib used is the only bone known to regrow completely if removed. Interesting not bad for goat herders.
Um...could you back up that regrowing rib thing?

Please.

“I see quantum effects”

Level 2

Since: Jan 11

In the macro world.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#78155
Mar 2, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

thewordofme wrote:
<quoted text>
Well God is lying to you...
I won't even touch the rib thing...totally stupid
Actually, that appears to be true.

I was surprised too.

As long as a certain part remains intact ( I forget what it's called), then the rib will regenerate.

I guess they use the rib bone for skull repair.

“I see quantum effects”

Level 2

Since: Jan 11

In the macro world.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#78156
Mar 2, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Subduction Zone wrote:
A challenge for Langoliers. Find one non-Christian reliable source that claims an entire rib can grow back. All bones can regenerate to some extent. In fact people can "grow" by having their legs surgically broken and devices that separate the bones are used.
It's true.

I found it on several sites.

From wiki:

Ribs
There have appeared claims that human ribs could regenerate if the periosteum, the membrane surrounding the rib, were left intact. In one study rib material was used for skull reconstruction and all 12 patients had complete regeneration of the resected rib.[41]

I'm as surprised as you.

Both that ribs can grow back and that Lango was right about something.

I don't know which is more shocking.

“I see quantum effects”

Level 2

Since: Jan 11

In the macro world.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#78157
Mar 2, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
Who ever said anything about INTELLIGENCE? Again, you are putting words in people's mouth.
Here:
Insects may have consciousness and could even be able to count, claim experts:
Insects with minuscule brains may be as intelligent as much bigger animals and may even have consciousness, it was claimed today.
Having a brain the size of a pinhead does not necessarily make you less bright, say researchers.
Computer simulations show that consciousness could be generated in neural circuits tiny enough to fit into an insect's brain, according to the scientists at Queen Mary, University of London and Cambridge University.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/articl...
There's hope for you.

“I see quantum effects”

Level 2

Since: Jan 11

In the macro world.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#78158
Mar 2, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Tooth4U wrote:
Both evolution and creation are true.
so quit ranting..pick up your marbles..........go home and find common ground.
Evolution has evidence.

Creation, in the biblical sense, not so much.

“I see quantum effects”

Level 2

Since: Jan 11

In the macro world.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#78159
Mar 2, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, that appears to be true.
I was surprised too.
As long as a certain part remains intact ( I forget what it's called), then the rib will regenerate.
I guess they use the rib bone for skull repair.
Somebody's a little judgeit happy.

Did you even read it?

Level 5

Since: Apr 12

Hefei, China

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#78160
Mar 2, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

FREE SERVANT wrote:
Have you ever stopped to think that scientist could be seeing things wrong in this evolution idea?
Yes, and then I realized that the chances are very slim that scientists working in different branches, working independently of each other, could arrive at identical wrong answers.
Have you ever seen two failing test papers with identical wrong answers?

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#78161
Mar 2, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

FREE SERVANT wrote:
<quoted text>Have you ever stopped to think that scientist could be seeing things wrong in this evolution idea?
Yes, but that was before I actually studied a couple sets of evidence ... and did a lot of research on the subject. I mean, I'm not studied enough to tell you everything about it, no one is, because like any solid science it takes a lot of people doing a lot of study and research on it in order to become even close to as complete as the theory of evolution.

That's the difference between religion and science, you can make up any old thing and plug it into a religious belief system, and everyone will buy it, it's a billion dollar publishing industry. But with science you have to have a ton of people do a ton of work and get paid almost nothing for the trouble, just to get part of it correct. That's because science studies reality, and religion is just fantasy.
FREE SERVANT

Bellevue, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#78162
Mar 2, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, but that was before I actually studied a couple sets of evidence ... and did a lot of research on the subject. I mean, I'm not studied enough to tell you everything about it, no one is, because like any solid science it takes a lot of people doing a lot of study and research on it in order to become even close to as complete as the theory of evolution.
That's the difference between religion and science, you can make up any old thing and plug it into a religious belief system, and everyone will buy it, it's a billion dollar publishing industry. But with science you have to have a ton of people do a ton of work and get paid almost nothing for the trouble, just to get part of it correct. That's because science studies reality, and religion is just fantasy.
Then they need to get up off their lazy boys and start working on a new concept. Darwin and A.R Wallace were 1850's speculators and today genetic mutations theory is not even helping the original idea.

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#78163
Mar 2, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

FREE SERVANT wrote:
<quoted text>Then they need to get up off their lazy boys and start working on a new concept. Darwin and A.R Wallace were 1850's speculators and today genetic mutations theory is not even helping the original idea.
what's wrong with the old concept?

perhaps the creationists should get off their lazy chairs, they got....nothing.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 73,721 - 73,740 of105,891
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••