Evolution vs. Creation

Full story: Best of New Orleans

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.
Comments
73,701 - 73,720 of 115,227 Comments Last updated 3 hrs ago

Level 9

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

#78234 Mar 2, 2013
Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
"The fossil record, however, is quite incomplete. Here's one major reason why: Sediment has to cover an organism's remains in order for the long fossilization process to begin. Most organisms decompose before this can happen. Fossilization odds increase if the organism happened to exist in large numbers or lived in or around sediment. For example, trilobites, ancient marine arthropods, met both criteria, so they're rather common fossils. The Tyrannosaurus rex, however, is far rarer. It was large and land-dwelling, and as a top predator made up a far smaller percentage of the population."
http://science.howstuffworks.com/environmenta...
Of course it is incomplete And you gave the reason why. It still supports only the theory of evolution. It does not support creation at all.

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#78235 Mar 2, 2013
Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
Is the word Cult suppose to be an insult?
cult\ˈkəlt\
noun
Usage: often attributive
1 : formal religious veneration : worship
2 : a system of religious beliefs and ritual:
"why would your mythical god not give his favored creatures the best eye he could design and instead give it to a little shrimp?"
God created man in his own image.
That's why we don't have wings and gills too.
No, the word cult is an accurate description of religion.

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

#78236 Mar 2, 2013
MAAT wrote:
<quoted text>Interesting read, of on an entirely different track and bibliography:
http://vridar.wordpress.com/2010/06/20/which-...
Adam has cognates in surrounding languages all pointing to a bimorph male/female fertilify and fecundity god(dess).
Havva (M.hbr.Khava) means 'wide/broad birth' and adam 'fertile/fecundity ground'.
Tsela can mean taking from anything of the body, also the womb f.i.

Ah well, we read up and know this.
It's not to be taken literary.
Interesting. For now I'll stick with the rib.

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#78237 Mar 2, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>No, they are related, just as you are.
I would think that anyone, who cannot tell the difference between a human and an ape...

should I post some pics?

Like I said, your concepts of relationships between apes and humans are strictly arbitrary, and made up...that's a fact, jack.

St. Croix valley

#78238 Mar 2, 2013
Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
Is the word Cult suppose to be an insult?
cult\ˈkəlt\
noun
Usage: often attributive
1 : formal religious veneration : worship
2 : a system of religious beliefs and ritual:
"why would your mythical god not give his favored creatures the best eye he could design and instead give it to a little shrimp?"
God created man in his own image.
That's why we don't have wings and gills too.
your mythical god has eyes and a body? really?!?

St. Croix valley

#78239 Mar 2, 2013
Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
"The fossil record, however, is quite incomplete. Here's one major reason why: Sediment has to cover an organism's remains in order for the long fossilization process to begin. Most organisms decompose before this can happen. Fossilization odds increase if the organism happened to exist in large numbers or lived in or around sediment. For example, trilobites, ancient marine arthropods, met both criteria, so they're rather common fossils. The Tyrannosaurus rex, however, is far rarer. It was large and land-dwelling, and as a top predator made up a far smaller percentage of the population."
http://science.howstuffworks.com/environmenta...
pretty amazing that we have the info we do have then, isn't it? imagine if every creature ever alive was recorded in fossils...

““You must not lose faith ”

Level 5

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

#78240 Mar 2, 2013
Well picked one at random.
http://www.usccb.org/bible/psalms/8/#23008005...
'son of man'=generic use of adam. So when you see 'adam' you read 'mankind'!
'god' in that psalm would be correctly translated as elohein /on of the judges, a 'judge'.
Mankind is small, a mere nothing. Is at core of that psalm.
PSALMS ARE NOT WRITTEN TO CONFIRM BUT SIMPLY VERSE IN SONG THAT USUALLY RELATE TO A PARAGRAPH IN SCRIPTURE. IF NOT THEY ARE PROBABLY LATER ADDED CHRISTIAN INTERPOLATIONS.
Angles(daft CE stuff) messenger of the court, or with the connotation: if around you are supposed to read between the lines, get the meaning behind it, open your eyes, and than open them again.

Langoliers it would be a start if you got at least that lesson of human kinds insignificance, instead of thnking mankind is the pinnacle and entire raison d'tre for the universe.

Location hidden

#78241 Mar 2, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>yes, we travel in the winter when i am not working. you should try it. yes, hovland is our winter home, afton is our summer home.

we're on our way to chicago now after coming back from AZ. anything else you would like to know?
Nothing else just asking what I stated that you claim was wrong. There was no Internet to imply something the you had not freely told me.

I work year round.

Speaking of hovland did you know that the last caribou in Minnesota was hit by a car and killed in hovland?

Location hidden

#78242 Mar 2, 2013
MAAT wrote:
<quoted text>This get's so tiresome. Don't opine!
The rules of debate state that you then have to forward reasons and if at all possible with sources and based on science.(since that is what we aim for here. A different kind of un-sciency theological debate can be had or other threads.)
Adam was created with a full knowledge of language including the written word.

There was no need to evolve to a knowledge of language.

Location hidden

#78243 Mar 2, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>Read your own article. They do not remove the entire rib, they remove a piece of it.
True. I never claimed the whole rib was removed.

Location hidden

#78244 Mar 2, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>But not how to write? what a tool!
Why not?

Location hidden

#78245 Mar 2, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>Once again you failed. They cut out a piece of the rib. The same thing can be done with other bones too. The rib is not unique in this aspect. If you remove the entire rib I do not think you will find an article from a non-creatard medical source that claims it will grow back.
Only a small piece needs to be left for the rib to regenerate. Unlike other bones.

St. Croix valley

#78246 Mar 2, 2013
Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
Adam was created with a full knowledge of language including the written word.
There was no need to evolve to a knowledge of language.
yet, they didn';t write anything down...

sure pal, sure...

St. Croix valley

#78247 Mar 2, 2013
Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
where has a removed piece of rib ever grown into a full human?

Location hidden

#78248 Mar 2, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>Of course it is incomplete And you gave the reason why. It still supports only the theory of evolution. It does not support creation at all.
Claiming the fossil record as proof of evolution is a bit like claiming missing evidence is as good as real evidence.

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#78249 Mar 2, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>No, they are related, just as you are.
all living creatures are related under those terms...you related to that dog your sporting. So?...doesn't mean you are a dog, no more that it means you are a butterfly.

Location hidden

#78250 Mar 2, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>your mythical god has eyes and a body? really?!?
You seem so uneducated today what's wrong?

The Bible clearly claims God created man in his image.

Level 9

Everett, WA

#78251 Mar 2, 2013
Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually you did.

St. Croix valley

#78252 Mar 2, 2013
xxxooxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
all living creatures are related under those terms...you related to that dog your sporting. So?...doesn't mean you are a dog, no more that it means you are a butterfly.
Now you'e geting it! just like you are not an ape. your species branched off a common line that the apes did.

should we begin discussing tutorial fees now?

Level 9

Everett, WA

#78253 Mar 2, 2013
Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
Claiming the fossil record as proof of evolution is a bit like claiming missing evidence is as good as real evidence.
Like most creatards you have no clue what evidence is.

As I said, even honest creationists will admit that the fossil record only supports the theory of evolution. There is no scientific evidence for creation. So incomplete or not, even a little evidence, and there is far more than a little in the fossil record, beats no evidence at all.

And of course the DNA record is overwhelming evidence that evolution occurred. ERV's are a slam dunk. The odds of us sharing the ERV's that we do with chimpanzees by nonevolutionary means is on the order of 1 out of 10^880,000.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
***Keep a Word~Drop a Word*** (Jan '10) 2 min SLY WEST 77,230
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 3 min wichita-rick 145,205
Pair Took Selfie With Dead Friend, Dumped Body:... 7 min wichita-rick 1
Giant Rubber Duck Forced to Deflate 51 min wichita-rick 1
Last 3 Letters into 3 new words. (Dec '08) 57 min Trouser Cough 54,400
WHAT???? A NEW word game? FOUR WORDS (Sep '08) 1 hr Trouser Cough 40,148
Add a Word, Ruin a Movie (Oct '13) 1 hr SLY WEST 3,187
What's your tip for the day? 1 hr wichita-rick 806
What are you thinking about now? (Jun '10) 1 hr -Lea- 18,602
Fergson Police Dept. 3 hr A TROLL NAMED SLACK 366