Evolution vs. Creation

Evolution vs. Creation

There are 221490 comments on the Best of New Orleans story from Jan 6, 2011, titled Evolution vs. Creation. In it, Best of New Orleans reports that:

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Best of New Orleans.

Langoliers

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

#78245 Mar 2, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>Once again you failed. They cut out a piece of the rib. The same thing can be done with other bones too. The rib is not unique in this aspect. If you remove the entire rib I do not think you will find an article from a non-creatard medical source that claims it will grow back.
Only a small piece needs to be left for the rib to regenerate. Unlike other bones.

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#78246 Mar 2, 2013
Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
Adam was created with a full knowledge of language including the written word.
There was no need to evolve to a knowledge of language.
yet, they didn';t write anything down...

sure pal, sure...

St. Croix valley

#78247 Mar 2, 2013
Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
True. I never claimed the whole rib was removed.
where has a removed piece of rib ever grown into a full human?

Langoliers

Location hidden

#78248 Mar 2, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>Of course it is incomplete And you gave the reason why. It still supports only the theory of evolution. It does not support creation at all.
Claiming the fossil record as proof of evolution is a bit like claiming missing evidence is as good as real evidence.

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#78249 Mar 2, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>No, they are related, just as you are.
all living creatures are related under those terms...you related to that dog your sporting. So?...doesn't mean you are a dog, no more that it means you are a butterfly.

Langoliers

Location hidden

#78250 Mar 2, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>your mythical god has eyes and a body? really?!?
You seem so uneducated today what's wrong?

The Bible clearly claims God created man in his image.

Level 9

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

#78251 Mar 2, 2013
Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
True. I never claimed the whole rib was removed.
Actually you did.

St. Croix valley

#78252 Mar 2, 2013
xxxooxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
all living creatures are related under those terms...you related to that dog your sporting. So?...doesn't mean you are a dog, no more that it means you are a butterfly.
Now you'e geting it! just like you are not an ape. your species branched off a common line that the apes did.

should we begin discussing tutorial fees now?

Level 9

Everett, WA

#78253 Mar 2, 2013
Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
Claiming the fossil record as proof of evolution is a bit like claiming missing evidence is as good as real evidence.
Like most creatards you have no clue what evidence is.

As I said, even honest creationists will admit that the fossil record only supports the theory of evolution. There is no scientific evidence for creation. So incomplete or not, even a little evidence, and there is far more than a little in the fossil record, beats no evidence at all.

And of course the DNA record is overwhelming evidence that evolution occurred. ERV's are a slam dunk. The odds of us sharing the ERV's that we do with chimpanzees by nonevolutionary means is on the order of 1 out of 10^880,000.

Level 9

Everett, WA

#78254 Mar 2, 2013
Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
Only a small piece needs to be left for the rib to regenerate. Unlike other bones.
Really? Where is your evidence of that? The article you linked did not imply that at all.

Level 2

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#78255 Mar 2, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>hydrogen and helium atoms coalesced onto the sun until there was enough heat and pressure from gravity that they were able to sustain a fusion reaction.
did you never go to school?
Grammar upon Grammar.
How did those reactions came into form?
Will you ever understand anything.

““You must not lose faith ”

Level 5

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

#78256 Mar 2, 2013
MAAT wrote:
<quoted text>
Interesting read, of on an entirely different track and bibliography:
http://vridar.wordpress.com/2010/06/20/which-...
Adam has cognates in surrounding languages all pointing to a bimorph male/female fertilify and fecundity god(dess).
Havva (M.hbr.Khava) means 'wide/broad birth' and adam 'fertile/fecundity ground'.
Tsela can mean taking from anything of the body, also the womb f.i.
Ah well, we read up and know this.
It's not to be taken literary.
Map of Life - "Baculum (penile bone) in mammals"
http://www.mapoflife.org/topics/topic_203_Bac... -(penile-bone)-in-mammals/
March 02, 2013

So god created humans to have short and varied contacts.
Forget 'marriage'(anyone who read that in the garden story is of the path anyway) or 'shame'(there eyes were opened, they faced the world unveiled, death,disease , pain. Who gives a jot about some purist agenda.)
Maybe some man and women still have a vestigial baculum or baubellum.

Langoliers

Location hidden

#78257 Mar 2, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>yet, they didn';t write anything down...

sure pal, sure...
You don't know that.
Kind of jumping to conclusions again.

Atheist sure to to love this line of thinking for they all seem to use it.

Absent of evidence is proof!

LOL

Langoliers

Location hidden

#78258 Mar 2, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>Actually you did.
No I did not.

Location hidden

#78259 Mar 2, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>Now you'e geting it! just like you are not an ape. your species branched off a common line that the apes did.
should we begin discussing tutorial fees now?
your assertion that humans branched off a common line that the apes did...is only an assertion of theory.

There could come along in the future,a theory that totally overturns and proves those concepts to be false...

you cannot claim that to be fact...but only that at this time in history, it appears to be such and such a way.

and that's as far as it goes.

St. Croix valley

#78260 Mar 2, 2013
Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
You seem so uneducated today what's wrong?
The Bible clearly claims God created man in his image.
your bible calims many things we n=know are not true.

how could a human body live outside time and space? i guess humans don't have lungs?

again you are usiing your bible to prove that your bible is true. hardly logical and proven wrong so, so many times.

why would you enter a cult that you know has openly lied to you multiple times?
oh, that's right, it's a cult!

Langoliers

Location hidden

#78261 Mar 2, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>Like most creatards you have no clue what evidence is.

As I said, even honest creationists will admit that the fossil record only supports the theory of evolution. There is no scientific evidence for creation. So incomplete or not, even a little evidence, and there is far more than a little in the fossil record, beats no evidence at all.

And of course the DNA record is overwhelming evidence that evolution occurred. ERV's are a slam dunk. The odds of us sharing the ERV's that we do with chimpanzees by nonevolutionary means is on the order of 1 out of 10^880,000.
What I posted came from an atheist web page so I am sorry you don't agree with it. But as you pointed out earlier you're not a atheist but rather a theist.

Langoliers

Location hidden

#78262 Mar 2, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>Really? Where is your evidence of that? The article you linked did not imply that at all.
Try doing some research "Moi"

““You must not lose faith ”

Level 5

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

#78263 Mar 2, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
Like most creatards you have no clue what evidence is.
I sometimes think they made some vow: "i confess my believe in jesus and will from this they on aspire to appear as stupid as possible. I promiss that from this they on no other knowedge but that from the mistranslated bible shall be taken into account'"

Location hidden

#78264 Mar 2, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>your bible calims many things we n=know are not true.
how could a human body live outside time and space? i guess humans don't have lungs?
again you are usiing your bible to prove that your bible is true. hardly logical and proven wrong so, so many times.
why would you enter a cult that you know has openly lied to you multiple times?
oh, that's right, it's a cult!
The bible has always been consistence...but how many times has science mis-lead the populace down through the ages...?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 8 min Rider on the Storm 219,051
What Turns You Off? 9 min _Zoey_ 687
Denny Crain's Place (May '10) 12 min _Zoey_ 22,960
**4 Syllable Word A-Z** (Jul '12) 14 min Brandiiiiiiii 783
Let's play "follow the word" (Jun '08) 16 min Princess Hey 49,355
4 Word Game (Use Same Letter) (Dec '14) 25 min quilterqueen 1,829
Last 3 Letters into 3 new words. (Dec '08) 26 min quilterqueen 61,974
El's Kitchen (Feb '09) 35 min Pernicious Snit 76,072
News Toilet charity gets Indian village to take on T... 1 hr Jim-ca 32
More from around the web