Evolution vs. Creation

Full story: Best of New Orleans

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.

Comments (Page 3,683)

Showing posts 73,641 - 73,660 of111,816
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“what we think we become”

Level 5

Since: Aug 11

above and beyond

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 1, 2013

Judged:

xxxooxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
If you pay really close attention... I have noticed that bees appear to have personality traits(as well as other insects)...some seem to even exhibit curiosity...
True. My cat has his own personality. More well-behaved than other cats. He thinks when he's watching TV that the images on the TV are real. He tries to figure out how he can get into the screen by scratching the bottom or the back of the TV. lol.

Animals have an awareness, although different level compared to humans. if they were not aware, they would not survive. In the wild, all animals are aware of their predators and their prey, some more agile than others, others smarter than others.

But plants or flowers such as bee orchids that take the form of a female bee, to attract male bees is something else. If it doesn't have awareness, how they grow a certain form is sure nature by design.

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 1, 2013

Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
True. My cat has his own personality. More well-behaved than other cats. He thinks when he's watching TV that the images on the TV are real. He tries to figure out how he can get into the screen by scratching the bottom or the back of the TV. lol.
Animals have an awareness, although different level compared to humans. if they were not aware, they would not survive. In the wild, all animals are aware of their predators and their prey, some more agile than others, others smarter than others.
But plants or flowers such as bee orchids that take the form of a female bee, to attract male bees is something else. If it doesn't have awareness, how they grow a certain form is sure nature by design.
yes, some animals have intelligence. insects do not.

St. Croix valley

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 1, 2013

Judged:

Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
why is it you assume it is by some design? isn't that ruling out myriads of other potential reasons for that?\]pretty closed minded of you, isn't it?

or would indoctrinated be the correct word...

Level 5

above and beyond

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 1, 2013

Judged:

woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>yes, some animals have intelligence. insects do not.
Who ever said anything about INTELLIGENCE? Again, you are putting words in people's mouth.

Here:

Insects may have consciousness and could even be able to count, claim experts:

Insects with minuscule brains may be as intelligent as much bigger animals and may even have consciousness, it was claimed today.

Having a brain the size of a pinhead does not necessarily make you less bright, say researchers.

Computer simulations show that consciousness could be generated in neural circuits tiny enough to fit into an insect's brain, according to the scientists at Queen Mary, University of London and Cambridge University.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/articl...

St. Croix valley

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 1, 2013

Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
Who ever said anything about INTELLIGENCE? Again, you are putting words in people's mouth.
Here:
Insects with minuscule brains may be as intelligent as much bigger animals and may even have consciousness, it was claimed today.
Having a brain the size of a pinhead does not necessarily make you less bright, say researchers.
Computer simulations show that consciousness could be generated in neural circuits tiny enough to fit into an insect's brain, according to the scientists at Queen Mary, University of London and Cambridge University.
Ummm....insects don't have a brain. they have a nervous sytem and that is all...

how is consciousness different from intelligence?

yes, we know insects can measure. that is not intelligence.

St. Croix valley

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 1, 2013

Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
Here:
do you realize that you just said insects may be as intelligent as much larger animals after asking "who said anything about intelligence?"

are you really paying attention? are you drunk again?

Level 1

Since: Mar 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 1, 2013

Judged:

We are all a product of evolution

Level 5

above and beyond

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 1, 2013

woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>do you realize that you just said insects may be as intelligent as much larger animals after asking "who said anything about intelligence?"
are you really paying attention? are you drunk again?
No. We never mentioned intelligence, but you like to put words in our mouths so I found a link that proves your statement wrong, that insects don't have intelligence, since you brought it up.

St. Croix valley

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 1, 2013

Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
No. We never mentioned intelligence, but you like to put words in our mouths so I found a link that proves your statement wrong, that insects don't have intelligence, since you brought it up.
So what about this quote of yours?:

"Insects with minuscule brains may be as intelligent as much bigger animals and may even have consciousness, it was claimed today."

St. Croix valley

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 1, 2013

Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
Did you lose at beer pong again?

Level 3

Since: Apr 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 1, 2013

must I once again chime in to this argument? yes I must.

Evolution and Creation are 'both' true. First there was Creation and then everything evolved from there.

Now. Simple to understand isn't it?

The "Divine' spark which was given to humanity has a well documented evolutionary path. Yet first came 'the spark' of conscious awareness' in order for Mankind to rise above the animal instinctive impulses and be self conscious..........with the abilty to preface in speach the "I"
I think.
I do are do not like this.
I seek to make this a better world.

CABISH?

St. Croix valley

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 1, 2013

Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
is that the royal 'we'? Are you posting under multiple monikers?
are you suffering from multiple personality disorder?

whom is "we"?

Level 3

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 1, 2013

now the hoodmeisters such as Alex Jones will take former posts by Stellar KNight in this thread where he set the stage in a boxing ring....
"and in this corner it is Creao the Creationists"
and in the other corner EVO the evolutionist!"
lol
and ole Alex the rip off artist of others research actually went on the road to Florida in an RV and set the stage like a boxin match with opposing parties being
"In this corner the new world order"
and in this corner those who love liberty.
or something to that effect.
Immitation is the greatest flattery

Level 3

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 1, 2013

Both evolution and creation are true.

so quit ranting..pick up your marbles..........go home and find common ground.

Level 3

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 1, 2013

Judged:

Nothing can 'evolve' unless it was first created to do so.

Level 3

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 1, 2013

And in a most profound Biblical sense. In the New Testament one finds The Christ saying.."I am the I Am'
This divine spark of "I" when we speak is not evolutionary rather poignantly both purposely and instuctionally brought to humankind or humanity in a most interesting way.

As a gift.

Only man can say " I" in fact only we can speak to say I to begin with.
And where does the gift of speech derive its origen?

The Gospel of John Chapter 1.

"In the beggining was the word and the word was God and the word was with God. So it was in the Beginning

Clearly , the beginning was of divine origen. It's evolution our human journey from there proves we evolve as well.
The question today since the advent of the machine and the materialistic conception of the world is are we 'evolving' or de vovling?

St. Croix valley

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 1, 2013

Judged:

Tooth4U wrote:
Both evolution and creation are true.
so quit ranting..pick up your marbles..........go home and find common ground.
no evidence of any creator whatsover. none. nada. zip. zilch.

lots of evidence for evolution. tons. boatloads. sackfulls. "whole lotta love, unn unn, whole lotta love, unn unn. you need groovin'..." really , really a lot of it man...

Level 3

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 1, 2013

The materialistic conception of the world was heralded in in through the Church Synod Constandinople 869 ad.

where mankinds 'spiritual' component was struck from him by a stroke of the pen.

St. Croix valley

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 1, 2013

Judged:

Tooth4U wrote:
Nothing can 'evolve' unless it was first created to do so.
sure it can. it can just be. and then evolve.

you have a very limited mind. open up your imagination and think beyond your cult indoctrination...you can do it...you are better than those that try to control you. i have FAITH in your brain!

“Darwin was right..of course.”

Level 9

Since: Jun 11

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 1, 2013

Judged:

You spelled Capish wrong.

No, sorry dude, but creation is a non-starter. It doesn't fit into what we know from science.

There is no creator.....

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 73,641 - 73,660 of111,816
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

158 Users are viewing the Weird Forum right now

Search the Weird Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
El's Kitchen (Feb '09) 1 min Denny CranesPlace 34,744
Change-one-of-six-letters (Dec '12) 8 min Swap Spit 2,964
6 letter word ...change one letter game (Oct '08) 10 min Taught 25,429
Sex in public: Churches, court and next to a ca... 19 min Marley 28
What is the meaning of life? 24 min Chester Mollaster 32
'Screaming' pig sought after chasing kids 24 min piyush 4
Freedom of Speech 25 min Haha Teehee 1
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 4 hr wichita-rick 140,349
Should Topx sue Trolls 5 hr _Word Woman_ 14