Evolution vs. Creation

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008. Full Story

“I see quantum effects”

Level 2

Since: Jan 11

In the macro world.

#78156 Mar 2, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
A challenge for Langoliers. Find one non-Christian reliable source that claims an entire rib can grow back. All bones can regenerate to some extent. In fact people can "grow" by having their legs surgically broken and devices that separate the bones are used.
It's true.

I found it on several sites.

From wiki:

Ribs
There have appeared claims that human ribs could regenerate if the periosteum, the membrane surrounding the rib, were left intact. In one study rib material was used for skull reconstruction and all 12 patients had complete regeneration of the resected rib.[41]

I'm as surprised as you.

Both that ribs can grow back and that Lango was right about something.

I don't know which is more shocking.

“I see quantum effects”

Level 2

In the macro world.

#78157 Mar 2, 2013
Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
Who ever said anything about INTELLIGENCE? Again, you are putting words in people's mouth.
Here:
Insects may have consciousness and could even be able to count, claim experts:
Insects with minuscule brains may be as intelligent as much bigger animals and may even have consciousness, it was claimed today.
Having a brain the size of a pinhead does not necessarily make you less bright, say researchers.
Computer simulations show that consciousness could be generated in neural circuits tiny enough to fit into an insect's brain, according to the scientists at Queen Mary, University of London and Cambridge University.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/articl...
There's hope for you.

“I see quantum effects”

Level 2

In the macro world.

#78158 Mar 2, 2013
Tooth4U wrote:
Both evolution and creation are true.
so quit ranting..pick up your marbles..........go home and find common ground.
Evolution has evidence.

Creation, in the biblical sense, not so much.

“I see quantum effects”

Level 2

In the macro world.

#78159 Mar 2, 2013
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, that appears to be true.
I was surprised too.
As long as a certain part remains intact ( I forget what it's called), then the rib will regenerate.
I guess they use the rib bone for skull repair.
Somebody's a little judgeit happy.

Did you even read it?

Level 5

Since: Apr 12

Hefei, China

#78160 Mar 2, 2013
FREE SERVANT wrote:
Have you ever stopped to think that scientist could be seeing things wrong in this evolution idea?
Yes, and then I realized that the chances are very slim that scientists working in different branches, working independently of each other, could arrive at identical wrong answers.
Have you ever seen two failing test papers with identical wrong answers?

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Seattle

#78161 Mar 2, 2013
FREE SERVANT wrote:
<quoted text>Have you ever stopped to think that scientist could be seeing things wrong in this evolution idea?
Yes, but that was before I actually studied a couple sets of evidence ... and did a lot of research on the subject. I mean, I'm not studied enough to tell you everything about it, no one is, because like any solid science it takes a lot of people doing a lot of study and research on it in order to become even close to as complete as the theory of evolution.

That's the difference between religion and science, you can make up any old thing and plug it into a religious belief system, and everyone will buy it, it's a billion dollar publishing industry. But with science you have to have a ton of people do a ton of work and get paid almost nothing for the trouble, just to get part of it correct. That's because science studies reality, and religion is just fantasy.
FREE SERVANT

Bellevue, WA

#78162 Mar 2, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, but that was before I actually studied a couple sets of evidence ... and did a lot of research on the subject. I mean, I'm not studied enough to tell you everything about it, no one is, because like any solid science it takes a lot of people doing a lot of study and research on it in order to become even close to as complete as the theory of evolution.
That's the difference between religion and science, you can make up any old thing and plug it into a religious belief system, and everyone will buy it, it's a billion dollar publishing industry. But with science you have to have a ton of people do a ton of work and get paid almost nothing for the trouble, just to get part of it correct. That's because science studies reality, and religion is just fantasy.
Then they need to get up off their lazy boys and start working on a new concept. Darwin and A.R Wallace were 1850's speculators and today genetic mutations theory is not even helping the original idea.

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#78163 Mar 2, 2013
FREE SERVANT wrote:
<quoted text>Then they need to get up off their lazy boys and start working on a new concept. Darwin and A.R Wallace were 1850's speculators and today genetic mutations theory is not even helping the original idea.
what's wrong with the old concept?

perhaps the creationists should get off their lazy chairs, they got....nothing.

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Seattle

#78164 Mar 2, 2013
FREE SERVANT wrote:
<quoted text>Then they need to get up off their lazy boys and start working on a new concept. Darwin and A.R Wallace were 1850's speculators and today genetic mutations theory is not even helping the original idea.
Genetic mutations ARE evolution.

Level 1

Location hidden

#78165 Mar 2, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>Genetic mutations ARE evolution.
Yes they are

“Time will tell...”

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#78166 Mar 2, 2013
Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
Who ever said anything about INTELLIGENCE? Again, you are putting words in people's mouth.
Here:
Insects may have consciousness and could even be able to count, claim experts:
Insects with minuscule brains may be as intelligent as much bigger animals and may even have consciousness, it was claimed today.
Having a brain the size of a pinhead does not necessarily make you less bright, say researchers.
Computer simulations show that consciousness could be generated in neural circuits tiny enough to fit into an insect's brain, according to the scientists at Queen Mary, University of London and Cambridge University.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/articl...
interesting article...never really question whether they were aware or not...it has always seemed obvious that there's an inherent consciousness of some sort, in all living creatures...
The real mystery to me, is why there would be any question of them being conscious in the first place.(?)lol

“Time will tell...”

Location hidden

#78167 Mar 2, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>why is it you assume it is by some design? isn't that ruling out myriads of other potential reasons for that?\]pretty closed minded of you, isn't it?
or would indoctrinated be the correct word...
So your argument is that is not by design... but that it's a random combination of events that produce structure. It has no intelligence, but it produces intelligence. It has no form but it produces form.It has no cause but it produces cause...

That it creates itself out of nothing.

And if you can buy that...I have some ocean front property in Arizona that you might be interested in.

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Seattle

#78168 Mar 2, 2013
xxxooxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
So your argument is that is not by design... but that it's a random combination of events that produce structure. It has no intelligence, but it produces intelligence. It has no form but it produces form.It has no cause but it produces cause...
And if you can buy that...I have some ocean front property in Arizona that you might be interested in.
There you go inserting presupositions like "creates" and "itself" still.

St. Croix valley

#78169 Mar 2, 2013
xxxooxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
yes.

if you believe it was from some mythical thing witha bsolutely no evidence at all, then i have some ocean front property in Colorado you might be interested in.

one of our concpets has loads and loads of evidence, yours has none. not a shred, zero,. zip. big ol' goose egg. nada.

“Time will tell...”

Location hidden

#78170 Mar 2, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>yes.
if you believe it was from some mythical thing witha bsolutely no evidence at all, then i have some ocean front property in Colorado you might be interested in.
one of our concpets has loads and loads of evidence, yours has none. not a shred, zero,. zip. big ol' goose egg. nada.
The truth is,you have no proof...only a claim of proof. On the other hand, I have a whole universe full of proof...you literally have nothing...lol

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Seattle

#78171 Mar 2, 2013
xxxooxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
The truth is,you have no proof...only a claim of proof. On the other hand, I have a whole universe full of proof...you literally have nothing...lol
Um ... then where is this proof you have of some god?

“Time will tell...”

Location hidden

#78172 Mar 2, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Um ... then where is this proof you have of some god?
You are like a blind person asking someone with eyes, to prove that light exist...

St. Croix valley

#78173 Mar 2, 2013
xxxooxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
what is that proof of yours? wouldn't the universe really be proof of the scientifically learned ways that it formed? it certainly has zero proof of any intellid=gent creator.

in fact, as I clearly and truthfully stated, there is tons of evidence to suggest that yes, tht is just the ways our world formed and evolved.

St. Croix valley

#78174 Mar 2, 2013
xxxooxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
You are like a blind person asking someone with eyes, to prove that light exist...
Ae you suggesting you have seen god? have you sought counseling for this disorder?

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Seattle

#78175 Mar 2, 2013
xxxooxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
You can feel warmth from light, that is evidence of light. Where is the evidence of your god?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Should the St Patricks Day parade be open to th... 3 min flbadcatowner 10
What are you thinking about now? (Jun '10) 3 min Sweet Baby New Year 25,972
El's Kitchen (Feb '09) 5 min The Funny Part 37,780
MY... 6 ... WORDS for the day.... (Apr '09) 10 min Wildbluerose 1,141
Word Association 2 (Sep '13) 12 min Mega Monster 7,802
Is it possible to....... 20 min Enzo49 591
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 25 min Enzo49 152,846
Woman Switches Seats on Plane, Spends 3 Days in... 1 hr TALLYHO 8541 28
More from around the web