Evolution vs. Creation

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008. Full Story

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#78074 Mar 1, 2013
TerryL wrote:
<quoted text>LOL! That song popped into my head the moment I saw 'lemon tree" in your original post!:D
it's also a great movie about palestinian/israeli relations. of course, the song is in it..

“All things considered”

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#78075 Mar 1, 2013
Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
that is third grade level of understanding. It's like saying horse eats grass, so what. You haven't addressed the question I asked. How did these two different species, a plant and an insect co-evolve? So nothing created bees, they just sprang to life and started pollinating and found their niche. And yet there's nothing special about it. Please, don't give flowers to the woman in your life, because they probably don't mean anything as well. lol
"Certan flowers are so advanced that they have adapted themselves to look like female bees. The male bee is tricked into thinking that the flower is actually a female bee and thus goes to mate with it."

St. Croix valley

#78076 Mar 1, 2013
xxxooxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
"Certan flowers are so advanced that they have adapted themselves to look like female bees. The male bee is tricked into thinking that the flower is actually a female bee and thus goes to mate with it."
i had that same problem in a bar in key west one time...i dont' want to talk about any more...

“All things considered”

Location hidden

#78077 Mar 1, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>i had that same problem in a bar in key west one time...i dont' want to talk about any more...
the one with the western style saloon doors?

you dummy...lol

St. Croix valley

#78078 Mar 1, 2013
xxxooxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
the one with the western style saloon doors?
you dummy...lol
i said i don't want to talk about it!!!

(he didn't even call...*sob*)

“what we think we become”

Level 5

Since: Aug 11

above and beyond

#78079 Mar 1, 2013
xxxooxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
ya someone here thinks bees are stupid they don't know any better, they are not aware of what they're doing just like some men in a bar. They just leave their dirt everywhere but shit happens.

St. Croix valley

#78080 Mar 1, 2013
Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
ya someone here thinks bees are stupid they don't know any better, they are not aware of what they're doing just like some men in a bar. They just leave their dirt everywhere but shit happens.
you think insects are 'aware'? really?

““You must not lose faith ”

Level 5

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

#78081 Mar 1, 2013
Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
Starting to wonder whether you need to see resp. a good science fiction movie, a counselor, a bee-whisperer, a woman from the sanitation department or sent you to the store to get more toilet-paper.;p
How about a hug... There you go!

“All things considered”

Location hidden

#78082 Mar 1, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>you think insects are 'aware'? really?
Insects have senses...so they are certainly aware.

St. Croix valley

#78083 Mar 1, 2013
xxxooxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
Amoeba have senses also...they are not aware. "aware of what they are doing" as the avatar stated, suggests intelligence. insects do not have intelligence.

St. Croix valley

#78084 Mar 1, 2013
MAAT wrote:
<quoted text>
Starting to wonder whether you need to see resp. a good science fiction movie, a counselor, a bee-whisperer, a woman from the sanitation department or sent you to the store to get more toilet-paper.;p
How about a hug... There you go!
wehn i was in Arizona, i read an article about a guy making honey from africanized killer bees...he must be a bee whisperer!

if the bees were actually aware of what a whisper was, that is...

“All things considered”

Location hidden

#78085 Mar 1, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>Amoeba have senses also...they are not aware. "aware of what they are doing" as the avatar stated, suggests intelligence. insects do not have intelligence.
I would say, compared to a rock...insects are quite brilliant...

“All things considered”

Location hidden

#78086 Mar 1, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>Amoeba have senses also...they are not aware. "aware of what they are doing" as the avatar stated, suggests intelligence. insects do not have intelligence.
You really cannot state that an amoeba is not aware....that an assumption of an unknown.

Level 5

Location hidden

#78087 Mar 1, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>wehn i was in Arizona, i read an article about a guy making honey from africanized killer bees...he must be a bee whisperer!
if the bees were actually aware of what a whisper was, that is...
I understood that African bees that are mixed with the European bees, as far as i understand before they escaped (making them more resilient)is a sweety compared to some of the ...20,000 was it!

As a kid i got stung by about 2000 bees (well my mother stopped counting at a certain point) spent two weeks in a poison-coma and felt really sorry for killing all my fathers bees.
What you consider normal you are not really afraid of.
But still like them.

Level 5

Location hidden

#78088 Mar 1, 2013
xxxooxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
You really cannot state that an amoeba is not aware....that an assumption of an unknown.
Self-
Awareness is usually observed by holding up a mirror and giving the animal/baby a dot on the head, and then watching the reaction.

“Child of Darkness”

Level 1

Since: Mar 13

Hell, Norway

#78089 Mar 1, 2013
Why can't Evolution be a part of Creation? Anyone care to elaborate on this?........

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

#78090 Mar 1, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>There are two strong reasons for his front room window to be facing south. First he is living in northern Minnesota, he is going to need sunlight for his tree and that almost demands a south facing window. Second he is on the north shore of Lake Superior and for that odds are that he would have a south facing window to see the lake, unless he is on some sort of inlet or bay.
Woodtick is in the twin city's I live on the North Shore of Lake Superior year round not him. He spends time in Grand Marais, he said in the winter time but he also said he is currently in the twin city's
And it is winter so who knows. I don't doubt he comes up here but it's not a year round thing.

Level 5

Location hidden

#78091 Mar 1, 2013
xxxooxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
Did you ever see the world the way an insect with facet-eyes sees it? I'll bet that if it was aware it would by aspirine.

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

#78092 Mar 1, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>lemon tree, very pretty, and the lemon flower is sweet. but the fruit of the lemon, is so very hard to eat!
Sounds like a song.....

Level 5

Location hidden

#78093 Mar 1, 2013
Ghostbrood wrote:
Why can't Evolution be a part of Creation? Anyone care to elaborate on this?........
Necessarily in that order? Why?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
True or False Game 3 min Hoosier Hillbilly 1,264
WHAT???? A NEW word game? FOUR WORDS (Sep '08) 10 min Hoosier Hillbilly 40,728
~`*`~ Create a sentence using the 'letters' of ... (Oct '12) 13 min Hoosier Hillbilly 1,760
Make a Story / 4 Words Only (Nov '08) 18 min Hoosier Hillbilly 24,783
Make A Sentance out of a 5 letter word. (Nov '09) 21 min Hoosier Hillbilly 30,311
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 27 min wichita-rick 152,511
El's Kitchen (Feb '09) 1 hr Grace Nerissa 37,726
Let's Play Song Titles With One Word? 2 hr wichita-rick 318
Is it possible to....... 2 hr CJ Rocker 578
Word Association 2 (Sep '13) 3 hr Mega Monster 7,582
What are you thinking about now? (Jun '10) 4 hr Sarah 25,711
More from around the web