Evolution vs. Creation

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008. Full Story

“Darwin was right..of course.”

Level 9

Since: Jun 11

Iquique

#77892 Feb 28, 2013
Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
I thought science doesn't use the word "believe"
That is just a theory. It doesn't answer the question how flowers and bees and other pollinating insects co-evolved because of their symbiosis in nature.
Dumb downed info for people who are not familiar with the science. Go take a course in the science, then come back to me.

Unlike you, I don't have a belief that all of science is a big conspiracy lead by Satan to discredit God

““You must not lose faith ”

Level 5

Location hidden

#77893 Feb 28, 2013
Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
MAAT, don't forget about RA, the source of photosynthesis that permutated the DNA of a lotus. lol
Don't get me started.
Photons do amazing things in plants, or rather plants to them, multiple entanglement of a single photon.(or was that reviewed?)
And we have cells that flinch/contract when uv light hits them.
Even braincells react.
Still have to find a good article though.(that's the annoying thng about popular science programs, no sources, just making you curious.)
But UV light is instrumental in 'creating' handedness.(sorry also need to find a good source again. And creating is just a word i use whe id can't describe the process properly. Oh darn, i used the word 'process'.:000)

Level 9

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

#77894 Feb 28, 2013
Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
If you think I won't understand it, why don't you explain in plain English? Evolution is not modern science? Since when? Do you mean, REAL Science?
No, to reject evolution you have to reject modern science. I said exactly what I meant. For example if you are a Young Earth Creationist and at least believe the Earth goes around the Sun, then you reject all science from Newton on. That's the last 300 years of science that is being rejected. If you are an OEC you have to throw out the last 150 years of science. If you are an IDiot it is hard to say where we have to draw the line since it seems that even IDiots don't know what they believe.

Level 5

Location hidden

#77896 Feb 28, 2013
Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
SZ,
First of all, all species come from a single cell...in the mother's womb. It's a fact that you evolutionists stole the idea from in the first place. You would think that human DNA is capable of going through all that millions of mutations causing it to evolve from fish pond to amphibial most likely a frog (who was most likely kissed) to a reptilian (snake maybe that seduced Eve) to mammalian with fused chromosome so most likely monkeys (that realized bananas are healthier than penis). You evolutionists are comedy. LOL.
Okay now your just frolicking around.
But do you mind apologizing to the monkey...please

Level 9

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

#77897 Feb 28, 2013
Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
SZ,
First of all, all species come from a single cell...in the mother's womb. It's a fact that you evolutionists stole the idea from in the first place. You would think that human DNA is capable of going through all that millions of mutations causing it to evolve from fish pond to amphibial most likely a frog (who was most likely kissed) to a reptilian (snake maybe that seduced Eve) to mammalian with fused chromosome so most likely monkeys (that realized bananas are healthier than penis). You evolutionists are comedy. LOL.
Don't be purposefully stupid. You know what is meant, and no, evolutionists did not "steal" that idea. Cybele is digging a hole for herself today. How foolish is she?

Level 5

Location hidden

#77898 Feb 28, 2013
Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
The source actually said "it is believed" so now there you have it. Your own belief system.
Dear one that is just carefull phrasing as is practiced in science.
And when you continue reading you will see a proper bloody dissection. Leading up to a conclusion.
Theory is the highest accolade in science.
But science would not be science is it did not leave the door open for self-correction, thus for improvement or even someone that completely overhrows it with a much better theory that can withstand proof.
So we went from Darwin, via Hamilton, to genomics.
So we are basicly not Darwinists but genomists. Thank you.

“what we think we become”

Level 5

Since: Aug 11

above and beyond

#77899 Feb 28, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
No, to reject evolution you have to reject modern science. I said exactly what I meant. For example if you are a Young Earth Creationist and at least believe the Earth goes around the Sun, then you reject all science from Newton on. That's the last 300 years of science that is being rejected. If you are an OEC you have to throw out the last 150 years of science. If you are an IDiot it is hard to say where we have to draw the line since it seems that even IDiots don't know what they believe.
LOL. Did I ever tell you I'm a YEC? Now you're running out of excuses. Why don't you explain your ERV in plain English instead of this nonsense attacks. But you won't, because you use logical and grammatically correct English copy paste as a weapon. Fine and dandy, and quite convenient when you really need it. Because when you explain in plain English it takes away its magic. All of sudden you will be sounding like myth believers about their story of talking snakes.

Level 5

Location hidden

#77900 Feb 28, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't be purposefully stupid. You know what is meant, and no, evolutionists did not "steal" that idea. Cybele is digging a hole for herself today. How foolish is she?
I aspire to, like you and word and kit, always offer insightfull links, but end up having to compose a piece in simple English. orrible.

Level 5

Location hidden

#77901 Feb 28, 2013
Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
Real Science can provide the same amount of logic in its language with real evidence. So thank you, I don't need your delusional Darwinian theory.
I disagree, science has it's own protocol for terms used. They do have a specific meaning. See you example permutation.
Every time i try to keep it simple i end up with ample posts explaining and clarifying.
Or worst of all some nitwit jumping in and taking the piece apart and accusing me or Genomists in general of not knowing their business.
Maybe it's also the approach. I'm used to looking for the most complex use of any theory and then searching for information so i can understand it. I can get bored quickly with an A to Z approach.

Level 5

above and beyond

#77902 Feb 28, 2013
MAAT wrote:
<quoted text>
I aspire to, like you and word and kit, always offer insightfull links, but end up having to compose a piece in simple English. orrible.
And you don't think people making funny and mean jokes about God isn't appropriate? Like I said, everything is based on interpretation. If that's the kind of language they want to use, fine. Let's have it.

Level 5

above and beyond

#77903 Feb 28, 2013
Goodnite.

Level 5

Location hidden

#77904 Feb 28, 2013
Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL. Did I ever tell you I'm a YEC? Now you're running out of excuses. Why don't you explain your ERV in plain English instead of this nonsense attacks. But you won't, because you use logical and grammatically correct English copy paste as a weapon. Fine and dandy, and quite convenient when you really need it. Because when you explain in plain English it takes away its magic. All of sudden you will be sounding like myth believers about their story of talking snakes.
Okay let's take the fertilised egg.
Where is it going to nest and why is the nesting place as is??
Is this the case for any mammal?
What are the exceptions?
Since when?
How did it come to be so?

It's just your three year old asking questions.
ffff

Kingston, PA

#77905 Feb 28, 2013
I don't know why we need a space program. There's nothing out there, and nobody exists besides humans and our bio-diversity here on Earth. If they DID exist, we humans still reign supreme because clearly WE would be the ones to contact THEM, and not the other way around. If "extraterrestrials" were so "advanced" then WHY haven't they contacted us yet? And if anyone had any faith at all, they would realize that NOTHING is going to come and end the world until God decides it, and even THEN the world will never be destroyed utterly -- just the non-believers. After all, "the meek shall inherit the Earth" and Jesus will reign as King. Also, why do so many planets CONTINUOUSLY get hit with meteors and asteroids while we just "happen" to get lucky, with maybe an occasional meteoroid grazing or hitting land (Which is probably a warning from GOD anyway)? If any one of you is a scientist or a "logical" atheist who believes science is everything, then try to answer these questions. This is my challenge to all of you. If you can give me an intellectually honest, serious, well-thought-out response that DOESN'T merely have to do with childish insults and name calling, I will then re-consider everything I once thought I knew to be the truth.

___

Apparently no one knows how to answer my questions. I'm giving you ample opportunity to prove me wrong. I'm legitimately interested in your replies, and I promise I WILL NOT mock you. I'm encouraging some healthy debate here.

“Fear is the Mind-Killer”

Level 1

Since: Jun 08

Albuquerque, NM

#77906 Feb 28, 2013
Kong_ wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey Dummy....
The "Scientific Method" cannot respond to your questions any more than "Science" can.
Therefore, the individuals that most USE the Scientific Method (Scientists) are the best resource to employ in responding to your concern about the support of the Theory of Evolution by Science.
Face it.
You painted yourself in a corner.
No escape.
You lost.
Putz.
Best resources? LOL!!!!!!

Says who? What have scientists done lately for the world that any backwater farmer has done, like the Wight Brothers or the vats majority of inventers and innovaotirs that have done FAR MORE FOR SOCIETY THAN THE WHOLE HISTORY OF THE SCIENTIFIC COMMUNITY?

No sir. The scientific community, which is really just information monopoly, has brought us far more terrors like eugenics than anything else.

It is the real scientists like Tesla and Heron of Alexandria, and many other unsung heroes that were NEVER part of any community of scientists that have changed the world.

You are speaking out your ass, and making your "scientists" out to be the new priesthood, which is exactly what they are. We, the PEOPLE, use the scientific method every day. We, the PEOPLE, know more about the world than all the scientists that every have been, and ever will be. We, the PEOPLE, are at the front lines of science ... not those sycophants of Big Business who do as they are told, and obey their masters, and publish papers rather than get their hands dirty in the real world.

You sir, are a fraud with delusions of nobility and blind trust in your secular priesthood of Oz's. You, sir, are a flat-earther.
LRS

Shreveport, LA

#77907 Feb 28, 2013
Man only knows what he can see, or touch, or measure. He's locked in to his own limitations and he is inherently flawed. Who is to say Evolution was not planned? We're nothing in this universe and to think we know the answers is rather vain to say the least.

Level 5

Location hidden

#77908 Feb 28, 2013
Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
And you don't think people making funny and mean jokes about God isn't appropriate? Like I said, everything is based on interpretation. If that's the kind of language they want to use, fine. Let's have it.
Most here that you think we are making mean jokes of have been around since forever and keep not reading/learning. Repeating the same abusive shyte. A few pages back it was just flaming and always based upon incredulity, but no scientific arguement whatsoever. We can do this in our sleep.(I had a three nighter i'm still recovering from, yep speed up)
I normally respect believers but am really bad in dealing with abiding stupidity. So we know most of those posters allready for a long time.
And proselysing is also frowned upon.

Level 5

Location hidden

#77909 Feb 28, 2013
Yankee Yahoo wrote:
<quoted text>
Best resources? LOL!!!!!!
Says who? What have scientists done lately for the world that any backwater farmer has done, like the Wight Brothers or the vats majority of inventers and innovaotirs that have done FAR MORE FOR SOCIETY THAN THE WHOLE HISTORY OF THE SCIENTIFIC COMMUNITY?
No sir. The scientific community, which is really just information monopoly, has brought us far more terrors like eugenics than anything else.
It is the real scientists like Tesla and Heron of Alexandria, and many other unsung heroes that were NEVER part of any community of scientists that have changed the world.
You are speaking out your ass, and making your "scientists" out to be the new priesthood, which is exactly what they are. We, the PEOPLE, use the scientific method every day. We, the PEOPLE, know more about the world than all the scientists that every have been, and ever will be. We, the PEOPLE, are at the front lines of science ... not those sycophants of Big Business who do as they are told, and obey their masters, and publish papers rather than get their hands dirty in the real world.
You sir, are a fraud with delusions of nobility and blind trust in your secular priesthood of Oz's. You, sir, are a flat-earther.
This, Cybele is a 50 years of recent science denier or maybe an ID iot. So no content but a lot of mouth. Bit like a langolier in reverse.;p

Level 1

Albuquerque, NM

#77910 Feb 28, 2013
thewordofme wrote:
<quoted text>
Perhaps you missed my earlier post... back one page I think. Here it is again:
Signs of recent evolution by natural selection are widespread across the human genome, experts say.
Genome researchers at the University of Chicago have identified more than 700 regions in human DNA where apparently strong selection has occurred, driving the spread of genes linked to a broad range of characteristics.
"These are very recent eventswithin the past ten thousand years," said Jonathan Pritchard, a geneticist whose laboratory team conducted the study.
The results suggest that humans in different regions have continued to adapt in numerous ways to both environmental changes and cultural innovations.
Full Article: http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2006/...
Five Proofs of Evolution: http://www.evolutionfaq.com/articles/five-pro...
The Probability of Life: http://www.evolutionfaq.com/articles/probabil...
Lines of evidence: The science of evolution: http://evolution.berkeley.edu/evolibrary/arti...
National Academy of Sciences information on evolution:
http://www8.nationalacademies.org/onpinews/ne...
Scientific proof is not a problem for evolution is has tremendous proof behind it. The problem is creotards constantly bickering about it and trying to convince the stupid people that its not true.
Lying for Jesus again...you people are so wrong and evil.
More fraud.

"experts say." No they are not experts. No one is.

"... 700 regions in human DNA where "apparently" strong selection ..." Non-committal language for plausible deniability when other scientists find contrary evidence. They don't want to put their careers on the line.

"... genes linked to a broad range of characteristics." Which are? Humans already have a VERY broad range of characteristics. And how have they isolated the ones they think are new?

"The results suggest that humans in different regions have continued to adapt in numerous ..." ADAPT! Not evolved, ADAPT! Not the same thing, but poor scientists switch the words around to hoodwink us all the time.

"The results suggest that humans in different regions have continued to adapt in numerous ways to both environmental changes and cultural innovations."

Holy shit, are you kidding me? We don't need evolution for this! A known historical FACT that is self-evident, which is NOT evidence of evolution, but evidence of humanity very good ability to adapt to all sorts of changes.

Lying for science again? If you don't see the errors of your own sources, you are hopefully. I REALLY should not have to point this out to you.

Level 1

Albuquerque, NM

#77911 Feb 28, 2013
thewordofme wrote:
<quoted text>
Dumb downed info for people who are not familiar with the science. Go take a course in the science, then come back to me.
Unlike you, I don't have a belief that all of science is a big conspiracy lead by Satan to discredit God
Dude. I hate to break it to you. But you don't understand even the basics.

And no one has asserted a conspiracy against God. MOST OF THE SCIENTISTS that advanced evolution have been CHRISTIANS and JEWS.

You are a fraud, and I must so, old chap, that I detest frauds.

Level 1

Albuquerque, NM

#77912 Feb 28, 2013
MAAT wrote:
<quoted text>
This, Cybele is a 50 years of recent science denier or maybe an ID iot. So no content but a lot of mouth. Bit like a langolier in reverse.;p
Science denier, that is amusing. Actually, it's been going on for a 150 years, and you are the evidence of it.

And what the hell is a langolier?

No, don't answer. I'm sure it's just more proof of your hatred of humanity and total bigotry.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What are you thinking about now? (Jun '10) 5 min Ma grit 20,496
BAN(N) the P0STER Above you !!! (Feb '14) 6 min Mechanic 1,997
Word Association. (Nov '10) 7 min Crazy Jae 16,677
Word Association (Jun '10) 9 min Crazy Jae 26,339
Hollywood Actor Reveals What He Thinks Is 'Weir... 13 min Patrick 141
Create "short sentences using the last word" (Aug '12) 21 min Truths 6,991
Weird West Fest strikes the right balance 23 min Mitt s Airtight D... 1
What's your tip for the day? 25 min Spirit67_ 1,074
What ?? are you thinking about NOW? 2014 49 min honeymylove 409
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 3 hr Wolftracks 146,988