Evolution vs. Creation

Full story: Best of New Orleans

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.
Comments
73,341 - 73,360 of 113,285 Comments Last updated 9 hrs ago

“Darwin was right..of course.”

Level 9

Since: Jun 11

Mohenjo Daro

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 28, 2013

Judged:

Yankee Yahoo wrote:
<quoted text>
This is an Evolution v. Creation discussion, not a theological discussion on beliefs.
I make no claim. And I support neither evolution or creation, and neither has any scientific evidence, and all data is subject to alternative interpretations.
Really...every scientific organization on EARTH has this same alternate interpretation and is trying to fool the public??

Are you familiar with paranoia??

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 28, 2013

Judged:

"One of the simplest and best proofs that evolution is a joke, is the FACT that there is NO recorded history prior to 4,000 B.C. The world's history is CLEARY defined by SIX world powers since time began: Egypt, Assyria, Babylon, Medo-Persia, Greece, and Rome. Since Rome's fall in 476 A.D., there have been no world-powers (many super-powers; but, no world-powers). At the time of Moses, Egypt ruled the world. The Israelites were used as slave labor by Pharaoh to build the pyramids. Before Egypt, there is absolutely nothing recorded in history about a world-power.
It is NO coincidence that Revelation 17:10 speaks of these world-powers, "...five are fallen, and one is, and the other is not yet come; and when he cometh, he must continue a short space." At the writing of Revelation, Rome was still a world-power. The Apostle John, under the inspiration of the Holy Spirit, tells us that Rome is the 6th world-power, and there is one more to come. The 7th world-power will be the beast system, the kingdom of the antichrist. This diabolical New World Order is quickly forming now (i.e., a universal religious view, global centralized government, a one-world economic system, a cashless society, etc.).

Do you think it's a mere coincidence that the Word of God is so concise on world history? The Bible records the beginning of mankind at about 4,000 B.C., and secular history is eerily silent before 4,000 B.C. for those who claim to believe in evolution. If I were an evolutionist, I would be extremely disturbed by this FACT. Prove me wrong! I dare you. I triple-dog dare you to show me any recorded civilization before 4,000 B.C. And I don't mean some pottery jug or item that you claim is 14,000 years old--Show me any evidence of civilization prior to 4,000 B.C. You cannot. In fact, it is difficult to find much recorded history before 2,500 B.C., because the flood of Noah's day destroyed most of it.

How can evolutionists be so naive and foolish as to totally ignore this incredibly obvious fact? There is NO recorded history prior to 4,000 B.C., no writings, no carved stones, no battles, no wars, no countries, no nothing! It's as if mankind just suddenly began (which is exactly what the Bible teaches happened). God created man out of the dirt, the elements, of the earth. "

http://www.jesus-is-savior.com/Evolution%2520...

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 28, 2013

Judged:

Langoliers wrote:
"One of the simplest and best proofs that evolution is a joke, is the FACT that there is NO recorded history prior to 4,000 B.C. The world's history is CLEARY defined by SIX world powers since time began: Egypt, Assyria, Babylon, Medo-Persia, Greece, and Rome. Since Rome's fall in 476 A.D., there have been no world-powers (many super-powers; but, no world-powers). At the time of Moses, Egypt ruled the world. The Israelites were used as slave labor by Pharaoh to build the pyramids. Before Egypt, there is absolutely nothing recorded in history about a world-power.
It is NO coincidence that Revelation 17:10 speaks of these world-powers, "...five are fallen, and one is, and the other is not yet come; and when he cometh, he must continue a short space." At the writing of Revelation, Rome was still a world-power. The Apostle John, under the inspiration of the Holy Spirit, tells us that Rome is the 6th world-power, and there is one more to come. The 7th world-power will be the beast system, the kingdom of the antichrist. This diabolical New World Order is quickly forming now (i.e., a universal religious view, global centralized government, a one-world economic system, a cashless society, etc.).
Do you think it's a mere coincidence that the Word of God is so concise on world history? The Bible records the beginning of mankind at about 4,000 B.C., and secular history is eerily silent before 4,000 B.C. for those who claim to believe in evolution. If I were an evolutionist, I would be extremely disturbed by this FACT. Prove me wrong! I dare you. I triple-dog dare you to show me any recorded civilization before 4,000 B.C. And I don't mean some pottery jug or item that you claim is 14,000 years old--Show me any evidence of civilization prior to 4,000 B.C. You cannot. In fact, it is difficult to find much recorded history before 2,500 B.C., because the flood of Noah's day destroyed most of it.
How can evolutionists be so naive and foolish as to totally ignore this incredibly obvious fact? There is NO recorded history prior to 4,000 B.C., no writings, no carved stones, no battles, no wars, no countries, no nothing! It's as if mankind just suddenly began (which is exactly what the Bible teaches happened). God created man out of the dirt, the elements, of the earth. "
History cannot be recorded until writing is invented, and that happened way earlier than 4,000 BC. There are tons of civilizations before 4,000 BC, even Egypt existed prior to that by many centuries. Do you just ignore everything that differs from your bible?

Level 9

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 28, 2013

Judged:

xxxooxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
really? show me one post that I said against science...I'll wait.
Creatards dont openly state they are against science. They show they are against science by their beliefs. If you said that the universe is ten thousand years old or less you are against all science since and including Newton..... etc. etc. etc.

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 28, 2013

Judged:

http://mostextreme.org/oldest_civilization.ph...

"The earliest signs of a transition from nomadic to permanent, year-round settlement process can be traced back to the Mediterranean region to as early as 12000 BC, when the Natufian culture became sedentary and evolved into an agricultural society by 10000 BC."

Since recorded history can only exist when writing does, there's this other bit of study we use, it's called archeology. You know, the field many people tried to pass off fraudulent evidence for certain biblical artifacts.

Level 9

Mohenjo Daro

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 28, 2013

Judged:

Creotards keep saying there is no scientific evidence for evolution....the problem seems to be they can't or won't use the search function of google.com .

The evidence for evolution has primarily come from four sources:
1. the fossil record of change in earlier species
2. the chemical and anatomical similarities of related life forms
3. the geographic distribution of related species
4. the recorded genetic changes in living organisms over many generations

Full Article: http://anthro.palomar.edu/evolve/evolve_3.htm

Signs of recent evolution by natural selection are widespread across the human genome, experts say.

Genome researchers at the University of Chicago have identified more than 700 regions in human DNA where apparently strong selection has occurred, driving the spread of genes linked to a broad range of characteristics.

"These are very recent events—within the past ten thousand years," said Jonathan Pritchard, a geneticist whose laboratory team conducted the study.
The results suggest that humans in different regions have continued to adapt in numerous ways to both environmental changes and cultural innovations.

Full Article: http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2006/...

Five Proofs of Evolution: http://www.evolutionfaq.com/articles/five-pro...
The Probability of Life: http://www.evolutionfaq.com/articles/probabil...

Lines of evidence: The science of evolution: http://evolution.berkeley.edu/evolibrary/arti...

National Academy of Sciences information on evolution:
http://www8.nationalacademies.org/onpinews/ne...

Level 9

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 28, 2013

Judged:

Langy, written history goes back to roughly 5,000 years ago:

http://science4heretics.blogspot.com/2011/04/...

Cave drawings can be found that are more than 40,000 years old.

So what if written history is only 5,000 years old. That is not a upper limit on the age of the Earth in any way

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 28, 2013

Judged:

Subduction Zone wrote:
So what if written history is only 5,000 years old. That is not a upper limit on the age of the Earth in any way
I think he assumes that once we evolved brains we'd evolve writing on the same generation or something. He fails to acknowledge, or perhaps learn, that language had to develop from nothing but grunts and gestures.

Level 9

Mohenjo Daro

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 28, 2013

Judged:

Langoliers wrote:
Dummy....writing was not invented untill about 3500-3100 BC. There is monoliths (carved stone) from Turkey that date to around 11,000 12,000 BP and a mural also in Turkey that is dated to about the same time. Look up:
Gobekli Tepe in google. or

Also try:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/articl...

Just because you don't do any research don't think your world-view is true. There's a great big world out there dude, full of wonderful things...one has only to inquire.

“I see quantum effects”

Level 2

Since: Jan 11

In the macro world.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 28, 2013

Judged:

Yankee Yahoo wrote:
<quoted text>
Then you are a victim of bad Catholicism for the last 150 years.
One, religion cannot be personal. If one knows the truth, then you have an obligation to share it, and enlighten others, which is exactly what Jesus taught. If you believe in God, then you'd be proclaiming that, and attempting to persuade others.
And a day will come when you will have to accept your cousin's honest attempt to save your soul and take him seriously, or admit that you despise him and his faith. Either your cousin is right, or he is wrong. There is no middle ground. Either you are right, or you are wrong, but your cousin has more than enough evidence to prove you are wrong ... if you but listen.
God bless.
His cousin is wrong.
anonymous

Barberton, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 28, 2013

Judged:

Thomas Robertson wrote:
I wrote:
Oh, the British have made significant contributions to the world?
That's wonderful!
Charles Idemi wrote:
I suppose that entitles the British to treat the Irish any way they please?
You are Anglophobic!
Find out what the IRA did to innocent souls.
I wrote:
Oh, I misunderstood!
I humbly apologize!
I thought you were arguing that British contributions to the world justified mistreatment of the Irish!
Instead, you were arguing that atrocities committed by the IRA justify mistreatment of the Irish.
Now please explain how atrocities committed by the IRA justify mistreatment of the Irish.
macumazahn wrote:
I can't wait to see this.
If he answers me this time,
he will probably switch to still a third subject.
Anyone want to make a bet?
I'm kind of hoping we can get him to segue into the subject of pole dancing. He's a natural.

“I see quantum effects”

Level 2

Since: Jan 11

In the macro world.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 28, 2013

Judged:

sickofit wrote:
<quoted text>
I am a Libertarian(REAL CONSERVATIVE). I love freedom and equality and justice for all...That is why religion to me is evil.
To me the government needs to be shrunk 70% and spend 70% less and get rid of 70% of laws...
Now what???
Are you ready to pave your own roads?

Maintain your own electrical grid?

Maintain your own water and sewage?

Eat rotten food?

Level 9

Mohenjo Daro

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 28, 2013

Judged:

Langoliers wrote:
Oops, sorry I was wrong on the mural…it was in Syria not Turkey.

“Damascus - Mural paintings dating back 11 000 years have been found in a building on a bank of the River Euphrates in northern Syria, a French archaeologist said on Tuesday.

Eric Coqueugniot said they were the oldest murals found in the Middle East.

"Geometric paintings - black, white and red - have been found on the wall of a house in Jadeh," he said, adding that they were discovered in late September in a circular house with a diameter of about seven metres.

The house was in a riverside village dating from the start of the neolithic era in the Middle East, 9 000 years BC.

The researchers found numerous flint objects at the site along with a figurine of a man."

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 28, 2013

Judged:

KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>History cannot be recorded until writing is invented, and that happened way earlier than 4,000 BC. There are tons of civilizations before 4,000 BC, even Egypt existed prior to that by many centuries. Do you just ignore everything that differs from your bible?
Really? Duh!!

The point pin head is why did man start recording history at the same time the Bible says he created man?

You had millions and millions of years to draw something on a cave wall somewhere but nope, nothing.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 28, 2013

Judged:

Subduction Zone wrote:

Right!!!

Dream on.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 28, 2013

Judged:

KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>History cannot be recorded until writing is invented, and that happened way earlier than 4,000 BC. There are tons of civilizations before 4,000 BC, even Egypt existed prior to that by many centuries. Do you just ignore everything that differs from your bible?
It's just a Coincidence! Billions of years and your millions years old theory wrote nothing until Adam walked the earth.

You are quite the believe in your faith.

Level 9

Mohenjo Daro

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 28, 2013

Judged:

Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
Really? Duh!!
The point pin head is why did man start recording history at the same time the Bible says he created man?
You had millions and millions of years to draw something on a cave wall somewhere but nope, nothing.
Cave painting has been found that goes back over 48,000 years my friend

Level 9

Mohenjo Daro

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 28, 2013

Judged:

Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
Right!!!
Dream on.
Cave Painting
http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/technology/2012/0...

Level 9

Mohenjo Daro

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 28, 2013

Judged:

Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
It's just a Coincidence! Billions of years and your millions years old theory wrote nothing until Adam walked the earth.
You are quite the believe in your faith.
There was not a Adam as wrote about in the Bible...Adam and Eve did not exist.

We have solid proof that humans were roaming Africa 200,000 years ago and DNA says there was NEVER just 2 or 4 mating couples that humans sprang from.

“Fear is the Mind-Killer”

Level 1

Since: Jun 08

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 28, 2013

Judged:

woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>no facts that the mythical fgod in the bible is a vindictive little prick that would be in jail in today's world.
Well it's pretty obvious you don't understand anything about God, then. For that you may be forgiven.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••